Baker Mayfield
-
-
Zombo said:
Aren't you the one that said "limited"?
Whatever limits him doesn't prevent him from throwing 60 yard td strikes, and drubbing his opponent, stepping on their necks at the end.
He's got a broken shoulder and lost his all pro tackle to the IR this week, and his big name #1 receiver flaked off ... and we trounced Mr Burrows and that other Ohio team.
C'mon, have a beer with us believers ... and then in the words of Billy Joel "and we all enjoyed the weekend for a change".
Z
He is limited. I do believe that Baker has about hit his ceiling, which puts him in the top 15 QBs on the planet.
Do I think he's an All-Pro QB? Probably not. Potential Hall of Famer? No.
But he's a good starting QB, and you can win a lot of games with a steady, good starting QB.
But I do worry that if the Browns give him a big, franchise QB contract, that he's not dynamic enough to overcome the roster deficiencies his contract will cause.
Nothing he did today shocked me, considering good NFL QBs often produce good or very good games, like he did today. And when people piled on him a few weeks ago, I backed him by pointing out the same things you mentioned: He's playing hurt, the OLine is banged up, his RBs were banged up, etc.
And it's always great when the Browns kick one of their rivals asses!
-
I can’t wait for OBJ’s dad to post his anti Mayfield video tonight.
Maybe Myle's dad needs to come out with a video showing all the times he's held and no penalties are called. ?
-
Zombo said:
This team is not overextended. We can afford to have a real qb.
Z
That's great news!
Now when are we getting this "real QB"?
?
-
Zombo said:
Aren't you the one that said "limited"?
Whatever limits him doesn't prevent him from throwing 60 yard td strikes, and drubbing his opponent, stepping on their necks at the end.
He's got a broken shoulder and lost his all pro tackle to the IR this week, and his big name #1 receiver flaked off ... and we trounced Mr Burrows and that other Ohio team.
C'mon, have a beer with us believers ... and then in the words of Billy Joel "and we all enjoyed the weekend for a change".
Z
Yes, WE WON!!! hurray!!! He only needs to play like that for the next 8 games Z. FWIW, "There has been a great disturbance in the force" this Sunday. Not only if you had the Jags to cover- or win outright against the Bills, and take the under, you did VERY well. (they were something like 13 point dogs) Denver beats the media darling Scowboys? Giants beat the Faders?
-
Zombo said:
Dude, I gave you a chance to join the celebration. You seem happier being an assfuck.
Z
It seems to have worked for you for what, 57 years? ?
Jesus, you Baker guys are so, so sensitive.
Look through the game thread, trust me, I enjoyed today very much. I know you Baker guys have been waiting weeks for him to have a good game so you could explode with "LOOK SEE I TOLD HE IS THE GREATEST EVER!"
We're all fans of the Cleveland Browns, not the Cleveland Mayfields, and today was a good day, yes?
-
-
And OBJ will be his presenter.
Considering how their chemistry was, OBJ will end up showing up a week late in Chillicothe, not Canton. ?
-
Baker is now headed to the HOF...
I know sarcasm when I see it -but-. again in a make believe "what if" world Mayfield probably would be more deserving of the HOF than Terry Bradshaw for one who was largely carried by his team. Now discuss.
And remember that this is a sports forum for the exchange of ideas and not the Supreme Court.
GO BROWNS !
-
And OBJ will be his presenter.
Considering how their chemistry was, OBJ will end up showing up a week late in Chillicothe, not Canton. ?
OBJ will end up showing up a week late in Chillicothe, not Canton.
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ's 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
-
OBJ will end up showing up a week late in Chillicothe, not Canton.
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ's 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ'2 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out (I posted this earlier, not sure where) is that Baker is playing under Stefanski's system, which seems somewhat regimented, and OBJ did not. So basically, for example, Baker fakes to Chubb on the left, rolls right, and expects OBJ to run 8 yards downfield, then run an out. Problem was, OBJ decides to run a 10 yard in. Baker eventually stopped looking his way, because OBJ wasn't where he expected him to be.
This offense isn't designed for a WR who wants to put up huge numbers. Like Stefanski said this week, it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is. I do not think Andrew Berry would have traded for OBJ or anyone like him at all.
-
Zombo said:
For a 6th round pick in his second year, DPJ
Yeah, so far good value. Felton is this year's 6th. Both contributed.
I like the way DPJ catches and holds onto the ball when getting hit hard. He's shown this ability/durability at least a couple of times already this year. And THAT was his knock entering the draft. He disappears in games though.
-
Zombo said:
For a 6th round pick in his second year, DPJ
Yeah, so far good value. Felton is this year's 6th. Both contributed.
I like the way DPJ catches and holds onto the ball when getting hit hard. He's shown this ability/durability at least a couple of times already this year. And THAT was his knock entering the draft. He disappears in games though.
Yeah, so far good value. Felton is this year's 6th. Both contributed.
I like the way DPJ catches and holds onto the ball when getting hit hard. He's shown this ability/durability at least a couple of times already this year. And THAT was his knock entering the draft. He disappears in games though.
He's only in his 2nd year... So I expect him to make a huge jump next season.
-
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ'2 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out (I posted this earlier, not sure where) is that Baker is playing under Stefanski's system, which seems somewhat regimented, and OBJ did not. So basically, for example, Baker fakes to Chubb on the left, rolls right, and expects OBJ to run 8 yards downfield, then run an out. Problem was, OBJ decides to run a 10 yard in. Baker eventually stopped looking his way, because OBJ wasn't where he expected him to be.
This offense isn't designed for a WR who wants to put up huge numbers. Like Stefanski said this week, it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is. I do not think Andrew Berry would have traded for OBJ or anyone like him at all.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out
I've heard that theory. If true, I'd stop looking OBJ's way too. I wanna know what my receiver is going to do...and that he'll actually DO it.
Did Higgins play today?
-
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out
I've heard that theory. If true, I'd stop looking OBJ's way too. I wanna know what my receiver is going to do...and that he'll actually DO it.
Did Higgins play today?
-
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out
I've heard that theory. If true, I'd stop looking OBJ's way too. I wanna know what my receiver is going to do...and that he'll actually DO it.
Did Higgins play today?
I've heard that theory. If true, I'd stop looking OBJ's way too. I wanna know what my receiver is going to do...and that he'll actually DO it.
Did Higgins play today?
Now that I think of it, I honestly can't say one way or another.
I know he had a hamstring issue during the week, and he had no catches today.
-
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ'2 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out (I posted this earlier, not sure where) is that Baker is playing under Stefanski's system, which seems somewhat regimented, and OBJ did not. So basically, for example, Baker fakes to Chubb on the left, rolls right, and expects OBJ to run 8 yards downfield, then run an out. Problem was, OBJ decides to run a 10 yard in. Baker eventually stopped looking his way, because OBJ wasn't where he expected him to be.
This offense isn't designed for a WR who wants to put up huge numbers. Like Stefanski said this week, it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is. I do not think Andrew Berry would have traded for OBJ or anyone like him at all.
it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is.
And this team is loaded with guys that can make the play. Bryant made plays, Hooper, DPJ, even Chubb.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login