Baker Mayfield
-
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ'2 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out (I posted this earlier, not sure where) is that Baker is playing under Stefanski's system, which seems somewhat regimented, and OBJ did not. So basically, for example, Baker fakes to Chubb on the left, rolls right, and expects OBJ to run 8 yards downfield, then run an out. Problem was, OBJ decides to run a 10 yard in. Baker eventually stopped looking his way, because OBJ wasn't where he expected him to be.
This offense isn't designed for a WR who wants to put up huge numbers. Like Stefanski said this week, it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is. I do not think Andrew Berry would have traded for OBJ or anyone like him at all.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out
I've heard that theory. If true, I'd stop looking OBJ's way too. I wanna know what my receiver is going to do...and that he'll actually DO it.
Did Higgins play today?
-
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out
I've heard that theory. If true, I'd stop looking OBJ's way too. I wanna know what my receiver is going to do...and that he'll actually DO it.
Did Higgins play today?
-
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out
I've heard that theory. If true, I'd stop looking OBJ's way too. I wanna know what my receiver is going to do...and that he'll actually DO it.
Did Higgins play today?
I've heard that theory. If true, I'd stop looking OBJ's way too. I wanna know what my receiver is going to do...and that he'll actually DO it.
Did Higgins play today?
Now that I think of it, I honestly can't say one way or another.
I know he had a hamstring issue during the week, and he had no catches today.
-
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ'2 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out (I posted this earlier, not sure where) is that Baker is playing under Stefanski's system, which seems somewhat regimented, and OBJ did not. So basically, for example, Baker fakes to Chubb on the left, rolls right, and expects OBJ to run 8 yards downfield, then run an out. Problem was, OBJ decides to run a 10 yard in. Baker eventually stopped looking his way, because OBJ wasn't where he expected him to be.
This offense isn't designed for a WR who wants to put up huge numbers. Like Stefanski said this week, it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is. I do not think Andrew Berry would have traded for OBJ or anyone like him at all.
it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is.
And this team is loaded with guys that can make the play. Bryant made plays, Hooper, DPJ, even Chubb.
-
it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is.
And this team is loaded with guys that can make the play. Bryant made plays, Hooper, DPJ, even Chubb.
And this team is loaded with guys that can make the play. Bryant made plays, Hooper, DPJ, even Chubb.
Honestly, and guys who were around in the 80s will remember, this offense when it is really working reminds me of Lindy Infante's offense under Kosar.
No one guy stands out, but everyone gets involved in the passing game.
-
Zombo said:
Are you using some Star Wars bullshit to explain why Baker and the Browns blew up your beloved Bungles and Burrows?
Z
Quiet, my Padwan Learner... (that's Yoda to you).... Game balls to Ward, Newsome, Chubb, DPJ, and oh yeah- that Ewok midget game manager who managed to not screw up.
There were no less than FOUR major upsets this Sunday- and if you had put $1,000 bucks on them as a parlay- you'd be retired.
Shit- I don't love the Bengals- in fact- I hate them. Probably worse than the Steelers and Ravens. Football history would have been a lot different if Paul Brown had taken the Baltimore sweetheart deal instead of Schmodell.
You may have missed me saying whenever I have a strong feeling about a Browns game , usually the opposite happens. It's a nice step in the right direction. Now beat the New England Belichicks.
-
Zombo said:
Are you using some Star Wars bullshit to explain why Baker and the Browns blew up your beloved Bungles and Burrows?
Z
Quiet, my Padwan Learner... (that's Yoda to you).... Game balls to Ward, Newsome, Chubb, DPJ, and oh yeah- that Ewok midget game manager who managed to not screw up.
There were no less than FOUR major upsets this Sunday- and if you had put $1,000 bucks on them as a parlay- you'd be retired.
Shit- I don't love the Bengals- in fact- I hate them. Probably worse than the Steelers and Ravens. Football history would have been a lot different if Paul Brown had taken the Baltimore sweetheart deal instead of Schmodell.
You may have missed me saying whenever I have a strong feeling about a Browns game , usually the opposite happens. It's a nice step in the right direction. Now beat the New England Belichicks.
-
A must win game. Same record as us. A playoff spot rival. We cannot lose to them. (and I live in New England. please don't lose to them)
All AFC games are must win at this point.
The NFC games are important but not as important as the AFC games
Looks like there could be 5 or more teams looking at 10-7 or even 9-8
-
Just a reminder that Baker threw the longest pass PFF has ever charted.
-
A must win game. Same record as us. A playoff spot rival. We cannot lose to them. (and I live in New England. please don't lose to them)
All AFC games are must win at this point.
The NFC games are important but not as important as the AFC games
Looks like there could be 5 or more teams looking at 10-7 or even 9-8
All AFC games are must win at this point.
The NFC games are important but not as important as the AFC games
Looks like there could be 5 or more teams looking at 10-7 or even 9-8
Everyone is beating everyone else. It's early yet- but the Titans minus Henry- are beating the Rams. Upset Sunday.
-
All AFC games are must win at this point.
The NFC games are important but not as important as the AFC games
Looks like there could be 5 or more teams looking at 10-7 or even 9-8
Everyone is beating everyone else. It's early yet- but the Titans minus Henry- are beating the Rams. Upset Sunday.
-
Damn Aaron. He would’ve killed the Chiefs
What the heck is wrong with Mahomes?
-
Damn Aaron. He would’ve killed the Chiefs
What the heck is wrong with Mahomes?
Any decent team is going to kill the Chiefs. In theory, they have the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL.
-
Damn Aaron. He would’ve killed the Chiefs
What the heck is wrong with Mahomes?
Any decent team is going to kill the Chiefs. In theory, they have the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL.
-
That’s good for the Browns
The AFCW and AFCN have almost identical records from 6-2 to 5-4 top to bottom. It will be a wild wild card race.
-
That’s good for the Browns
The AFCW and AFCN have almost identical records from 6-2 to 5-4 top to bottom. It will be a wild wild card race.
-
I had this link saved yesterday.. but never tossed it out... https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/cleveland-browns-alex-van-pelt-174489402/ AVP knows (t)his team..
Baker has had his struggles with outside sideline passing with some touch on his ball... I figured, shoulder related? But...Damm.. 6 dropped some beauty's in there today!
-
What the heck is wrong with Mahomes?
Perhaps the early success gave Pat a sense of security [Rodgers was benched for years, Brees was on a bad team then got traded and was bad for a couple more yrs, TB12 was a 6th round] and so his lack of adversity in his career means that he never has actually had to dig deep to become as good as he should be able to be?
-
-
Odell who??....I'm just glad he's gone.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
