Baker Mayfield
-
Damn Aaron. He would’ve killed the Chiefs
What the heck is wrong with Mahomes?
Any decent team is going to kill the Chiefs. In theory, they have the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL.
-
Damn Aaron. He would’ve killed the Chiefs
What the heck is wrong with Mahomes?
Any decent team is going to kill the Chiefs. In theory, they have the toughest remaining schedule in the NFL.
-
That’s good for the Browns
The AFCW and AFCN have almost identical records from 6-2 to 5-4 top to bottom. It will be a wild wild card race.
-
That’s good for the Browns
The AFCW and AFCN have almost identical records from 6-2 to 5-4 top to bottom. It will be a wild wild card race.
-
I had this link saved yesterday.. but never tossed it out... https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/cleveland-browns-alex-van-pelt-174489402/ AVP knows (t)his team..
Baker has had his struggles with outside sideline passing with some touch on his ball... I figured, shoulder related? But...Damm.. 6 dropped some beauty's in there today!
-
What the heck is wrong with Mahomes?
Perhaps the early success gave Pat a sense of security [Rodgers was benched for years, Brees was on a bad team then got traded and was bad for a couple more yrs, TB12 was a 6th round] and so his lack of adversity in his career means that he never has actually had to dig deep to become as good as he should be able to be?
-
-
Odell who??....I'm just glad he's gone.
-
-
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ'2 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out (I posted this earlier, not sure where) is that Baker is playing under Stefanski's system, which seems somewhat regimented, and OBJ did not. So basically, for example, Baker fakes to Chubb on the left, rolls right, and expects OBJ to run 8 yards downfield, then run an out. Problem was, OBJ decides to run a 10 yard in. Baker eventually stopped looking his way, because OBJ wasn't where he expected him to be.
This offense isn't designed for a WR who wants to put up huge numbers. Like Stefanski said this week, it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is. I do not think Andrew Berry would have traded for OBJ or anyone like him at all.
My theory on why Baker/OBJ didn't work out (I posted this earlier, not sure where) is that Baker is playing under Stefanski's system, which seems somewhat regimented, and OBJ did not. So basically, for example, Baker fakes to Chubb on the left, rolls right, and expects OBJ to run 8 yards downfield, then run an out. Problem was, OBJ decides to run a 10 yard in. Baker eventually stopped looking his way, because OBJ wasn't where he expected him to be.
This offense isn't designed for a WR who wants to put up huge numbers. Like Stefanski said this week, it is designed to get the ball to the open guy, regardless of who that is. I do not think Andrew Berry would have traded for OBJ or anyone like him at all.
There is a lot of merit to your point of view. OBJ is not a system or a team player. He gets off on doing his own thing. The reason he has to make crazy circus catches is probably because he's never where he's supposed to be.
-
OBJ will end up showing up a week late in Chillicothe, not Canton.
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ's 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ's 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
I think there were 14 completed passes out of 20 something. Unless I made a mistake when I looked at the stats there were eight players that caught passes. The most was Jarvis with three. Whether we like it or not stefanski spreads the ball around.
WSS
-
DPJ only caught two balls today. He was out a couple of weeks. OBJ, he's held out or 'limited' in practice most of the time. How do you get that QB/WR chemistry when they hardly ever practice together? Today is the last day OBJ will be listed on our gameday box score (as 'Not Active' today). It's too bad that he just wasn't a reliable receiver here. I mean, we could use a good receiver, like him. Today, aside from DPJ's 2 catches, Landry had 3 for a whopping 11 yards, and Schwartz had 1 catch. We WILL be playing games in the future where we're going to need WR production.
But this is a Mayfield thread. Good game Baker! Keep playing well and we'll draft you a WR next year.
I think there were 14 completed passes out of 20 something. Unless I made a mistake when I looked at the stats there were eight players that caught passes. The most was Jarvis with three. Whether we like it or not stefanski spreads the ball around.
WSS
I think there were 14 completed passes out of 20 something. Unless I made a mistake when I looked at the stats there were eight players that caught passes. The most was Jarvis with three. Whether we like it or not stefanski spreads the ball around.
WSS
As a fan, I like the idea that this offense is diversified and doesn't lean on any one player. Makes it difficult to defend.
Now, if I was a player whose future earnings depend on my production, I might have a problem catching 2 or 3 passes a game.
If Stefanski sticks around for a relatively long stretch, something like this will happen with another receiver. Not saying Stefanski should change anything, but its an offense that will frustrate some who play in it.
-
I think there were 14 completed passes out of 20 something. Unless I made a mistake when I looked at the stats there were eight players that caught passes. The most was Jarvis with three. Whether we like it or not stefanski spreads the ball around.
WSS
As a fan, I like the idea that this offense is diversified and doesn't lean on any one player. Makes it difficult to defend.
Now, if I was a player whose future earnings depend on my production, I might have a problem catching 2 or 3 passes a game.
If Stefanski sticks around for a relatively long stretch, something like this will happen with another receiver. Not saying Stefanski should change anything, but its an offense that will frustrate some who play in it.
As a fan, I like the idea that this offense is diversified and doesn't lean on any one player. Makes it difficult to defend.
Now, if I was a player whose future earnings depend on my production, I might have a problem catching 2 or 3 passes a game.
If Stefanski sticks around for a relatively long stretch, something like this will happen with another receiver. Not saying Stefanski should change anything, but its an offense that will frustrate some who play in it.
Give and take…we will attract TEs and RBs
-
As a fan, I like the idea that this offense is diversified and doesn't lean on any one player. Makes it difficult to defend.
Now, if I was a player whose future earnings depend on my production, I might have a problem catching 2 or 3 passes a game.
If Stefanski sticks around for a relatively long stretch, something like this will happen with another receiver. Not saying Stefanski should change anything, but its an offense that will frustrate some who play in it.
Give and take…we will attract TEs and RBs
Give and take…we will attract TEs and RBs
Like I said somewhere before, I don't think there's a chance in hell Berry would have traded for OBJ in the first place.
The WRs can be filled by young guys on rookie contracts and older veterans who might not be "top-tier" guys, but good plug-and-play guys. I don't think this will be a problem. Sure, someone down the road is not going to be thrilled when they think they are a 80 catch, 1200 yard guy, but are catching 55 balls here. That person will eventually be replaced.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
