Baker Mayfield
-
I do know pitching mechanics....so, when a pitcher gets fast below the shoulder, he tends to throw high as he tries to get his arm back in to the proper slot, but invariably ends up late with the arm and the ball goes high.
Yesterday, baker did look to have "happy feet", like he didn't trust the line, and he was hurried quite a bit, so there is that.
-
Stefanski today said from what he’s seen in practice, it’s not bakers shoulder that is the issue for lack of accuracy
Then you have to wonder what exactly is the problem. Mechanics gone to hell? Maybe one of our resident experts can comment.
The Browns would get in trouble with the league if Baker does have a shoulder injury they're not reporting. Not like that sort of stuff doesn't happen all the time.
Then you have to wonder what exactly is the problem. Mechanics gone to hell? Maybe one of our resident experts can comment.
The Browns would get in trouble with the league if Baker does have a shoulder injury they're not reporting. Not like that sort of stuff doesn't happen all the time.
Footwork and shoulder direction are the next best explanations. Although I was never a fan of how much knee bend he has in his stance. Need him to stand a little "taller" and really drive off that back foot to gather his velocity. Sometimes I genuinely believe he's throwing with the strength of his upper body and arm too* much. If the ball leaves his hands a little early on a more 3/4 style delivery, can cause the nose of the ball to sail high.
Educated guesses at this point.
-
I still contend that Baker is injured, and it is hampering his accuracy.
Compare how he looked for the second half of last season and the first two games of this season, to how he has looked vs Chicago and Minnesota.
That being said, I don't think people who question if he is someone who will be a top-level QB are crazy either.
-
Then you have to wonder what exactly is the problem. Mechanics gone to hell? Maybe one of our resident experts can comment.
The Browns would get in trouble with the league if Baker does have a shoulder injury they're not reporting. Not like that sort of stuff doesn't happen all the time.
Footwork and shoulder direction are the next best explanations. Although I was never a fan of how much knee bend he has in his stance. Need him to stand a little "taller" and really drive off that back foot to gather his velocity. Sometimes I genuinely believe he's throwing with the strength of his upper body and arm too* much. If the ball leaves his hands a little early on a more 3/4 style delivery, can cause the nose of the ball to sail high.
Educated guesses at this point.
Educated guesses at this point.
Your 1st claim seems accurate.. Your not popping anybodies shoulder joint back into place without the pain of some stretched ligaments in that shoulder.. Torn? the browns staff can't hide
any doctors? have at it... https://teachmeanatomy.info/upper-limb/joints/shoulder/
-
I still contend that Baker is injured, and it is hampering his accuracy.
Compare how he looked for the second half of last season and the first two games of this season, to how he has looked vs Chicago and Minnesota.
That being said, I don't think people who question if he is someone who will be a top-level QB are crazy either.
I still contend that Baker is injured, and it is hampering his accuracy.
Compare how he looked for the second half of last season and the first two games of this season, to how he has looked vs Chicago and Minnesota.
...kinda' from the moment of that hit to now. That could qualify as an Occam's Razor.
It seems though, that he can throw it pretty nicely when he 'feels' that he can follow right on through with the throw, transferring his weight forward. All QB's have to throw it when they can't lean into it. Baker tends to sail his.
He was sacked 5 times and ruffed up pretty good in that Bears game....with a gimpy Wills, and the two replacements who came in for him. And this Vikings game was a game with a gimpy Wills and rookie replacement. It could be that he just doesn't 'feel' safe in the pocket like he used to. Or/And a painful left shoulder.
Or, it was bad gravity and he could do nothing right...(Kurt Vonnegut)
-
Dutch I fucken love you man (no homo) but we could have Devante or Hopkins out there and they would NOT caught those passes that were 10 yards overthrown. This is all on Baker, he sucked dick today. End of story. Odell in theory is an all-pro WR and he (as in Baker) can't seem to make it happen. Dude had at least one break away TD maybe 2.
Oh no, man this is getting twisted.
I think the Vikings game was on Baker, OBJ did nothing (that I know of) wrong. I was referring to the whole "Does Baker do better with or without OBJ" discussion in general. Definitely not saying OBJ was to blame for yesterday.
Oh no, man this is getting twisted.
I think the Vikings game was on Baker, OBJ did nothing (that I know of) wrong. I was referring to the whole "Does Baker do better with or without OBJ" discussion in general. Definitely not saying OBJ was to blame for yesterday.
Ok misunderstanding. Also have you watched the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot?
-
it is true it's bakers problem not OBj's. he was open all day and baker kept missing him.
Honestly if that true Baker simple can't be the man. You think Brady wouldn't have creamed his pants to have a WR half as talented as OBJ san Moss during his NE tenure.
-
Oh no, man this is getting twisted.
I think the Vikings game was on Baker, OBJ did nothing (that I know of) wrong. I was referring to the whole "Does Baker do better with or without OBJ" discussion in general. Definitely not saying OBJ was to blame for yesterday.
Ok misunderstanding. Also have you watched the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot?
Ok misunderstanding. Also have you watched the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot?
I have not, but will probably go and see Clerks III the first week its out!
-
Ok misunderstanding. Also have you watched the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot?
I have not, but will probably go and see Clerks III the first week its out!
I have not, but will probably go and see Clerks III the first week its out!
I only ask because Dante is in movie. Night man
-
Then you have to wonder what exactly is the problem. Mechanics gone to hell? Maybe one of our resident experts can comment.
The Browns would get in trouble with the league if Baker does have a shoulder injury they're not reporting. Not like that sort of stuff doesn't happen all the time.
Footwork and shoulder direction are the next best explanations. Although I was never a fan of how much knee bend he has in his stance. Need him to stand a little "taller" and really drive off that back foot to gather his velocity. Sometimes I genuinely believe he's throwing with the strength of his upper body and arm too* much. If the ball leaves his hands a little early on a more 3/4 style delivery, can cause the nose of the ball to sail high.
Educated guesses at this point.
Footwork and shoulder direction are the next best explanations. Although I was never a fan of how much knee bend he has in his stance. Need him to stand a little "taller" and really drive off that back foot to gather his velocity. Sometimes I genuinely believe he's throwing with the strength of his upper body and arm too* much. If the ball leaves his hands a little early on a more 3/4 style delivery, can cause the nose of the ball to sail high.
Educated guesses at this point.
Two takeaways from Red Zone last night. Comment #1- Baker is trying too hard to to drive the ball on many occasions, and trying to be another Josh Allen. His arm strength is decent, but it's never going to be elite. I know from my tennis days if you try to hit your serve as hard as you can, your accuracy usually goes to hell- unless you get lucky. Comment#2 Donovan talked to Chris Hubbard Monday, and Chris said "I'm close". Comment #3 Dieken said if Hubbard is a go, they should shut Willis down for a couple weeks. Admirable that you want to be out there but not at the expense of hurting the team.
Your 1st claim seems accurate.. Your not popping anybody's shoulder joint back into place without the pain of some stretched ligaments in that shoulder.. Torn? the browns staff can't hide
any doctors? have at it... https://teachmeanatomy.info/upper-limb/joints/shoulder/
Yeah- Baker did sort of mention about popping something back in place. Nephew dislocated his shoulder and said getting it back in place hurt like hell. Usually that's a ER visit with some painkillers. I hope it's not something like a torn rotator cuff.
-
Awesome win by the defense today, with no help from Baker or Stef... both had bad games and as long as we win I can excuse them.
^ That being said, let's not make it a habit.
Awesome win by the defense today, with no help from Baker or Stef... both had bad games and as long as we win I can excuse them.
^ That being said, let's not make it a habit.
My thoughts are the whole defense knows Baker is hurt more than he is letting on! So they stepped up BIG TIME!! I really believe that was why Myles called a defense only meeting! MHO
GO BROWNS
-
I am afraid he is getting back into that "find OBJ" mode which causes him to play much worse. He is a better thrower when scanning the field searching for the right option.
But this doesn’t explain when he finds him and throws OBJ the ball.
He found him and missed him at least three times on plays that should have been made down the field. If it is his non throwing shoulder causing accuracy issues and he’s playing hurt the staff needs to assess whether or not Keenum right now is a better option.He missed a wide open Harrison Bryant too- high and wide.
But this doesn’t explain when he finds him and throws OBJ the ball.
He found him and missed him at least three times on plays that should have been made down the field. If it is his non throwing shoulder causing accuracy issues and he’s playing hurt the staff needs to assess whether or not Keenum right now is a better option.He missed a wide open Harrison Bryant too- high and wide.
That's what I'll saying. For the most part, his decisions were good! People were open. But the ball went stratospheric. I don't understand.
-
F - it was the worst performance I've seen by a winning QB that I remember in recent memory (not just the Browns but any team).
-
F - it was the worst performance I've seen by a winning QB that I remember in recent memory (not just the Browns but any team).
F - it was the worst performance I've seen by a winning QB that I remember in recent memory (not just the Browns but any team).
Boo hoo, the operative word is we WON.
-
Footwork and shoulder direction are the next best explanations. Although I was never a fan of how much knee bend he has in his stance. Need him to stand a little "taller" and really drive off that back foot to gather his velocity. Sometimes I genuinely believe he's throwing with the strength of his upper body and arm too* much. If the ball leaves his hands a little early on a more 3/4 style delivery, can cause the nose of the ball to sail high.
Educated guesses at this point.
Two takeaways from Red Zone last night. Comment #1- Baker is trying too hard to to drive the ball on many occasions, and trying to be another Josh Allen. His arm strength is decent, but it's never going to be elite. I know from my tennis days if you try to hit your serve as hard as you can, your accuracy usually goes to hell- unless you get lucky. Comment#2 Donovan talked to Chris Hubbard Monday, and Chris said "I'm close". Comment #3 Dieken said if Hubbard is a go, they should shut Willis down for a couple weeks. Admirable that you want to be out there but not at the expense of hurting the team.
Your 1st claim seems accurate.. Your not popping anybody's shoulder joint back into place without the pain of some stretched ligaments in that shoulder.. Torn? the browns staff can't hide
any doctors? have at it... https://teachmeanatomy.info/upper-limb/joints/shoulder/
Yeah- Baker did sort of mention about popping something back in place. Nephew dislocated his shoulder and said getting it back in place hurt like hell. Usually that's a ER visit with some painkillers. I hope it's not something like a torn rotator cuff.
Yeah- Baker did sort of mention about popping something back in place. Nephew dislocated his shoulder and said getting it back in place hurt like hell. Usually that's a ER visit with some painkillers. I hope it's not something like a torn rotator cuff.
Got mine dislocated a few times, and even had surgery. It never hurt getting it back in place, simply because as the first doctor told me "YOU are the one that will put it in place, if you relax all your muscles, I will just move it a bit and it will find its position."
The thing with shoulders is that they are awful if they get injured. The body compensates and then your "good shoulder" hurts too. The back muscles connect both of them so I would understand it throwing your mechanics off. Maybe simply Baker needs to put "a lot" into the ball to keep the same passing range he usually has, as he relies in his upper body (his footwork needing some improvement is no news), and at some point he simply is doing something a tad different.
Learning to work around some pain and hurt parts must be very challenging if you are a NFL QB where the windows are further and smaller.
-
Footwork and shoulder direction are the next best explanations. Although I was never a fan of how much knee bend he has in his stance. Need him to stand a little "taller" and really drive off that back foot to gather his velocity. Sometimes I genuinely believe he's throwing with the strength of his upper body and arm too* much. If the ball leaves his hands a little early on a more 3/4 style delivery, can cause the nose of the ball to sail high.
Educated guesses at this point.
Two takeaways from Red Zone last night. Comment #1- Baker is trying too hard to to drive the ball on many occasions, and trying to be another Josh Allen. His arm strength is decent, but it's never going to be elite. I know from my tennis days if you try to hit your serve as hard as you can, your accuracy usually goes to hell- unless you get lucky. Comment#2 Donovan talked to Chris Hubbard Monday, and Chris said "I'm close". Comment #3 Dieken said if Hubbard is a go, they should shut Willis down for a couple weeks. Admirable that you want to be out there but not at the expense of hurting the team.
Your 1st claim seems accurate.. Your not popping anybody's shoulder joint back into place without the pain of some stretched ligaments in that shoulder.. Torn? the browns staff can't hide
any doctors? have at it... https://teachmeanatomy.info/upper-limb/joints/shoulder/
Yeah- Baker did sort of mention about popping something back in place. Nephew dislocated his shoulder and said getting it back in place hurt like hell. Usually that's a ER visit with some painkillers. I hope it's not something like a torn rotator cuff.
Yeah- Baker did sort of mention about popping something back in place. Nephew dislocated his shoulder and said getting it back in place hurt like hell. Usually that's a ER visit with some painkillers. I hope it's not something like a torn rotator cuff.
I fell on my elbow some years back - dislocated my shoulder but it popped right back in. I walked into the house, and my Wife came running from another room knowing something was really wrong- because I was too quiet. lol
I simply slipped on some mud at night walking back to the house, and could barely lift my arm. Had an MRI and one of my rotator cuffs was completely popped apart.
Hopefully it's just a sprain, but that has to hurt like hell in a game.
BTW, Baker said in the press conference - He takes a lot of pride in his accuracy - and he doesn't know what the hell that was" (referring to his dismal outing vs the vikings). He also mentioned about wanting to get the ball out faster - I think he rushed several throws. That can be fixed.
If Hubbard has to play at LT in place of Wills, I wonder if that changes the playcalling and Baker's confidence in not getting his left shoulder banged up and making him leave the game.
The knashing of teeth about Baker etc is just ridiculous. He has led the NFL in at least 4 categories.
-
F - it was the worst performance I've seen by a winning QB that I remember in recent memory (not just the Browns but any team).
F - it was the worst performance I've seen
The cure for your chronic despair
Is nothing exotic or rare.
A lead lobotomy
Simply ought to be
The relevant standard of care. -
There is no way that a torn labrum in his non-thrrowng shoulder is not impacting his throws, I partially tore my left anterior labrum golfing and tried in vain to let it heal. A year later it would still kill me everytime i tried to reach be behind my bqck. Something which I leaned I did more than I thought I would, e.g., drying off after a shower. It got to where I dreaded any backward/ yorso-rotational reach with my left arm due to anticipation of the pain. I guarantee you that this anticipation has crept into BM's mind. While the non-throwing arm is not powering the ball,it is rotating out of itns way. And then there are the hits.... Corteson can buy a hour or so of relief. But the cartilage will not heal on its own. It is only going to worse, be more painful and potentially more difficult to repair(?)
My Ortho was able to scope my repair so my recovery time was about 6 weeks. Had he had to open my shoulder up for the repair the time jumped to 6 months. To me it's a no-braainer... shut BM one now and set the Docs to work. Maybe we get him back for a deep playoff run, but we will for sure get him back for an offseason workout to feed our 5th-year option decision. There will be some good, young QBs in the 2022 Draft, if we need to tab one.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login