Baker Mayfield
-
There is no way that a torn labrum in his non-thrrowng shoulder is not impacting his throws, I partially tore my left anterior labrum golfing and tried in vain to let it heal. A year later it would still kill me everytime i tried to reach be behind my bqck. Something which I leaned I did more than I thought I would, e.g., drying off after a shower. It got to where I dreaded any backward/ yorso-rotational reach with my left arm due to anticipation of the pain. I guarantee you that this anticipation has crept into BM's mind. While the non-throwing arm is not powering the ball,it is rotating out of itns way. And then there are the hits.... Corteson can buy a hour or so of relief. But the cartilage will not heal on its own. It is only going to worse, be more painful and potentially more difficult to repair(?)
My Ortho was able to scope my repair so my recovery time was about 6 weeks. Had he had to open my shoulder up for the repair the time jumped to 6 months. To me it's a no-braainer... shut BM one now and set the Docs to work. Maybe we get him back for a deep playoff run, but we will for sure get him back for an offseason workout to feed our 5th-year option decision. There will be some good, young QBs in the 2022 Draft, if we need to tab one.
There is no way that a torn labrum in his non-thrrowng shoulder is not impacting his throws, I partially tore my left anterior labrum golfing and tried in vain to let it heal. A year later it would still kill me everytime i tried to reach be behind my bqck. Something which I leaned I did more than I thought I would, e.g., drying off after a shower. It got to where I dreaded any backward/ yorso-rotational reach with my left arm due to anticipation of the pain. I guarantee you that this anticipation has crept into BM's mind. While the non-throwing arm is not powering the ball,it is rotating out of itns way. And then there are the hits.... Corteson can buy a hour or so of relief. But the cartilage will not heal on its own. It is only going to worse, be more painful and potentially more difficult to repair(?)
My Ortho was able to scope my repair so my recovery time was about 6 weeks. Had he had to open my shoulder up for the repair the time jumped to 6 months. To me it's a no-braainer... shut BM one now and set the Docs to work. Maybe we get him back for a deep playoff run, but we will for sure get him back for an offseason workout to feed our 5th-year option decision. There will be some good, young QBs in the 2022 Draft, if we need to tab one.
Interesting thought, but I think it's hard to make that move when the defense has so many injuries you won't be able to rely on them solely to win the game.
-
There is no way that a torn labrum in his non-thrrowng shoulder is not impacting his throws, I partially tore my left anterior labrum golfing and tried in vain to let it heal. A year later it would still kill me everytime i tried to reach be behind my bqck. Something which I leaned I did more than I thought I would, e.g., drying off after a shower. It got to where I dreaded any backward/ yorso-rotational reach with my left arm due to anticipation of the pain. I guarantee you that this anticipation has crept into BM's mind. While the non-throwing arm is not powering the ball,it is rotating out of itns way. And then there are the hits.... Corteson can buy a hour or so of relief. But the cartilage will not heal on its own. It is only going to worse, be more painful and potentially more difficult to repair(?)
My Ortho was able to scope my repair so my recovery time was about 6 weeks. Had he had to open my shoulder up for the repair the time jumped to 6 months. To me it's a no-braainer... shut BM one now and set the Docs to work. Maybe we get him back for a deep playoff run, but we will for sure get him back for an offseason workout to feed our 5th-year option decision. There will be some good, young QBs in the 2022 Draft, if we need to tab one.
There is no way that a torn labrum in his non-thrrowng shoulder is not impacting his throws, I partially tore my left anterior labrum golfing and tried in vain to let it heal. A year later it would still kill me everytime i tried to reach be behind my bqck. Something which I leaned I did more than I thought I would, e.g., drying off after a shower. It got to where I dreaded any backward/ yorso-rotational reach with my left arm due to anticipation of the pain. I guarantee you that this anticipation has crept into BM's mind. While the non-throwing arm is not powering the ball,it is rotating out of itns way. And then there are the hits.... Corteson can buy a hour or so of relief. But the cartilage will not heal on its own. It is only going to worse, be more painful and potentially more difficult to repair(?)
My Ortho was able to scope my repair so my recovery time was about 6 weeks. Had he had to open my shoulder up for the repair the time jumped to 6 months. To me it's a no-braainer... shut BM one now and set the Docs to work. Maybe we get him back for a deep playoff run, but we will for sure get him back for an offseason workout to feed our 5th-year option decision. There will be some good, young QBs in the 2022 Draft, if we need to tab one.
Injury decisions or not, we need to draft a good young QB. New England had Brady but drafted a few. One, it never hurts to have a solid prospect on the shelf. Secondly, it gives you a nice prospect to trade when the time is right.
We don't really draft for need as a primary draft focus, so sooner or later a QB is going to be sitting there in round 2-3-4 where it makes sense to draft the kid. Heck, maybe round 1 if it is the right player, but I do agree that is probably a stretch. Need does play some role in your draft investment.
-
-
Mrs. Baker Mayfield dropped this gem on the Twitters Monday afternoon...
Baker had a fine game against the Chargers. Odell dropping a pass in his chest on 4th down, a blown coverage for a TD can't happen against a good team like the Chargers. That was a tough one to swallow.
-
Mrs. Baker Mayfield dropped this gem on the Twitters Monday afternoon...
Baker had a fine game against the Chargers. Odell dropping a pass in his chest on 4th down, a blown coverage for a TD can't happen against a good team like the Chargers. That was a tough one to swallow.
-
There is no way that a torn labrum in his non-thrrowng shoulder is not impacting his throws, I partially tore my left anterior labrum golfing and tried in vain to let it heal. A year later it would still kill me everytime i tried to reach be behind my bqck. Something which I leaned I did more than I thought I would, e.g., drying off after a shower. It got to where I dreaded any backward/ yorso-rotational reach with my left arm due to anticipation of the pain. I guarantee you that this anticipation has crept into BM's mind. While the non-throwing arm is not powering the ball,it is rotating out of itns way. And then there are the hits.... Corteson can buy a hour or so of relief. But the cartilage will not heal on its own. It is only going to worse, be more painful and potentially more difficult to repair(?)
My Ortho was able to scope my repair so my recovery time was about 6 weeks. Had he had to open my shoulder up for the repair the time jumped to 6 months. To me it's a no-braainer... shut BM one now and set the Docs to work. Maybe we get him back for a deep playoff run, but we will for sure get him back for an offseason workout to feed our 5th-year option decision. There will be some good, young QBs in the 2022 Draft, if we need to tab one.
Interesting thought, but I think it's hard to make that move when the defense has so many injuries you won't be able to rely on them solely to win the game.
Interesting thought, but I think it's hard to make that move when the defense has so many injuries you won't be able to rely on them solely to win the game.
Still a lot to like abut BM, but ya gottta know if he can be repaired before you commit to him. If the rest of the team cannot carry us to his potential return,and I agree that it is unlikely they then that's on them, But it is far more important in my mind to attempt the repair and know the result of that effort. Than a dim SB hope this year when even a perfectly healthy BM nets us maybe a 6th seed on the AFC side of the bracket.
We can hang with the best, but "hanging with" ain't beating.... and if you cannot commit to BM, then the search is on again starting in 2022.
-
Baker definitely played well.
more the reason, Mrs. Baker needs to shut down her social media for 17 weeks...
-
Mrs. Baker Mayfield dropped this gem on the Twitters Monday afternoon...
Baker had a fine game against the Chargers. Odell dropping a pass in his chest on 4th down, a blown coverage for a TD can't happen against a good team like the Chargers. That was a tough one to swallow.
Baker had a fine game against the Chargers. Odell dropping a pass in his chest on 4th down, a blown coverage for a TD can't happen against a good team like the Chargers. That was a tough one to swallow.
Baker played well but the elite QB on that field was Herbert. In the final drive Baker missed an open OBJ but went for a contested throw to Higgins. After the Defensive players were dropping like flies we needed elite play from Baker but didn’t get it. That may be due to injury but is it what it is.
-
Baker had a fine game against the Chargers. Odell dropping a pass in his chest on 4th down, a blown coverage for a TD can't happen against a good team like the Chargers. That was a tough one to swallow.
Baker played well but the elite QB on that field was Herbert. In the final drive Baker missed an open OBJ but went for a contested throw to Higgins. After the Defensive players were dropping like flies we needed elite play from Baker but didn’t get it. That may be due to injury but is it what it is.
Baker played well but the elite QB on that field was Herbert. In the final drive Baker missed an open OBJ but went for a contested throw to Higgins. After the Defensive players were dropping like flies we needed elite play from Baker but didn’t get it. That may be due to injury but is it what it is.
Then why did Baker complete 71.8 % of his passes and Herbert completed only 60.4 % of his passes? It's a team game. And the Browns have injuries to their offensive line? ???
-
Baker definitely played well.
he usually plays well but he is not an elite qb....he's had numerous chances dating back to the divisional playoff game against the chiefs to make a statement and still has not.....maybe it changes....odell will be gone at the trading deadline by the way....hope he goes to the packers...don't want to see brady win another ring....the pack getting odell will put them in pretty damn good position....odell i think is still a top 5 reciever...just not with the browns...don't know what the issue or issues are but it ain't gonna work here with him....its quite obvious...
-
This thread does read like some sort of talk therapy with a 25-year-old.. "My parents never had a 300-yard pass game with no INT's so if it happens now, that can't be REAL! And I have FEELINGS about it! And somehow OBJ is responsible I just know it!"
-
Baker played well but the elite QB on that field was Herbert. In the final drive Baker missed an open OBJ but went for a contested throw to Higgins. After the Defensive players were dropping like flies we needed elite play from Baker but didn’t get it. That may be due to injury but is it what it is.
Then why did Baker complete 71.8 % of his passes and Herbert completed only 60.4 % of his passes? It's a team game. And the Browns have injuries to their offensive line? ???
Then why did Baker complete 71.8 % of his passes and Herbert completed only 60.4 % of his passes? It's a team game. And the Browns have injuries to their offensive line? ???
Offensive structure is something many people fail to take into account. Offensive structure also involves passing volume.
There are good reasons I've mentioned this sort of thing many times before.
-
Then why did Baker complete 71.8 % of his passes and Herbert completed only 60.4 % of his passes? It's a team game. And the Browns have injuries to their offensive line? ???
Offensive structure is something many people fail to take into account. Offensive structure also involves passing volume.
There are good reasons I've mentioned this sort of thing many times before.
Offensive structure is something many people fail to take into account. Offensive structure also involves passing volume.
There are good reasons I've mentioned this sort of thing many times before.
I think it's fair to say Baker throws high percentage passes like flare outs..And medium rage (safe passes) Dump offs.. that sort of thing.. That can skew the numbers a bit...
-
Offensive structure is something many people fail to take into account. Offensive structure also involves passing volume.
There are good reasons I've mentioned this sort of thing many times before.
I think it's fair to say Baker throws high percentage passes like flare outs..And medium rage (safe passes) Dump offs.. that sort of thing.. That can skew the numbers a bit...
I think it's fair to say Baker throws high percentage passes like flare outs..And medium rage (safe passes) Dump offs.. that sort of thing.. That can skew the numbers a bit...
The higher percentage throws are a part of that. The balanced attack is the bigger piece, the running game opening up passing lanes is a QB's best friend.
-
I think it's fair to say Baker throws high percentage passes like flare outs..And medium rage (safe passes) Dump offs.. that sort of thing.. That can skew the numbers a bit...
The higher percentage throws are a part of that. The balanced attack is the bigger piece, the running game opening up passing lanes is a QB's best friend.
-
I give him a D- today. Held onto the ball too long, 3 turnovers, 5 sacks. Has a bad left shoulder - scrambles to get 1 or two yards instead of throwing the ball away and loses a fumble and dislocates his left shoulder again. He's not a top 15 QB, he's just not. We're not going anywhere with Baker. I admire his toughness, but he's a low IQ quarterback who has benefited from having two top 10 RB's. No excuses anymore for him.
-
Agreed, we aint
going anywhere with baker
-
Said when he was drafted, hoped for the best but felt Baker wasn’t it. Flashes of good play but too inconsistent. Not the #1 pick in the draft.
-
Zombo said:
He had a 102.4 rating today, with one arm, his two starting tackles out, his best wr out, and his best running back out.
And we've given up 84 points in 2 weeks.
So, maybe take a different angle on this.
Z
Nope. It's football. There will always be injuries. Every year, every team. The defense won't always play like a top 10 defense. He turned the ball over 3 times, held onto the ball way too long like he's done all his career, and continues to make rookie mistakes.
My angle is Baker is not the answer, believe whatever you want.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login