Skip to content

Baker Mayfield

The Browns Board
1.1k 68 53.8k 1
  • He can’t read, or can’t see the defense. When his first read is not there he panics. He gets happy feet and looks very lost. 
    He throws leaning back far too much, causing high over throws. He probably needs to do that to get the ball over the lineman
    He also can’t win at the end of the game. 

    While I agree with Jimmy Johnson when he said, in the post-game, you don’t get rid of him until you have something better.

    It’s time to start looking for something better

  • He can’t read, or can’t see the defense. When his first read is not there he panics. He gets happy feet and looks very lost. 
    He throws leaning back far too much, causing high over throws. He probably needs to do that to get the ball over the lineman
    He also can’t win at the end of the game. 

    While I agree with Jimmy Johnson when he said, in the post-game, you don’t get rid of him until you have something better.

    It’s time to start looking for something better

    @browns149 said:

    He can’t read, or can’t see the defense. When his first read is not there he panics. He gets happy feet and looks very lost. 
    He throws leaning back far too much, causing high over throws. He probably needs to do that to get the ball over the lineman
    He also can’t win at the end of the game. 

    While I agree with Jimmy Johnson when he said, in the post-game, you don’t get rid of him until you have something better.

    It’s time to start looking for something better

    Yes I agree here. We have the fifth year option and if there's nothing better, we're stick with the bozo for another year. But the Browns absolutely have to see what it would take for Rodgers, R. Wilson, or D. Watson. We're not winning a Super Bowl with Baker, ever. 

  • Just saw this stat. YIKES

    Baker Mayfield has had the ball with the chance to win/tie on a final drive 16 times in his career.. His record in those games, 2-14

  • Just saw this stat. YIKES

    Baker Mayfield has had the ball with the chance to win/tie on a final drive 16 times in his career.. His record in those games, 2-14

    @browns149 said:

    Just saw this stat. YIKES

    Baker Mayfield has had the ball with the chance to win/tie on a final drive 16 times in his career.. His record in those games, 2-14

    Clutch he isn't. I turned the game off after the final pick in great disgust. The great ones find ways to win. Baker has found ways to choke.   

    The problem with the sunshine pumpers is that they're so used to gawdawful quarterbacking, now we graduate to mediocre, and happy, happy, joy, joy.  Shit, you're out of your damn mind if anyone wants to say Keenum or Mullins couldn't have done at least as good job today against the Packers. Still doing that happy dance when his primary isn't open, and it's getting real old. 

    If you have two communicating neurons, it's so damn obvious now it hurts- that Baker will never be on the level talent wise of a Mahomes or Allen. Game managers can win- if they don't turn the ball over. Baker did today- FOUR times, and it should have been FIVE if one of the Packers hadn't dropped a room service interception. 

  • I do hope there's at least one "who do you think you are? I am!" moment before the end of 2021 so that we can have something heading into 2022.

    I don't ask for much!

  • One int was on Landry not looking for the ball, the other was obvious DPI. 

    I have been one of Baker's best supporters,  but he was not very good today, injured or not.

  • I still want to know why Aaron Rodgers would want to come here?  The guy has D. Adams. We have a 6th rounder. How many first rounders and what pro bowlers you giving to GB to make that happen anyway? 3 firsts and Chubb? 3 firsts and Garrett? Then Rodgers retires the next year. Then where/how do you get him a legit WR? Aaron ain't running Kev's playbook.

    Russell Wilson? Dude has DK Metcalf and Leggett. We have a 6th rounder. (Not to mention, Russ looks pretty bad this year...) His wife ain't moving to Cleveland either. 

    Watson has 20 different people accusing him of sexual misconduct. 20 different people. AND he admitted he did it, maybe that shit passes then he's available. How many first rounders you giving up? That the kinda guy you wanna hang your franchise on..? 

    Matt Ryan? 37 years old. What's he got left? How much you giving up?

    I've always had Derrick Carr in the back of my head. Seems pretty likely he is out in LV. But after watching his play last week against our backup JV squad....

    I really don't see anything but the draft being an option.

    Yippee. 

  • N Neo

    One int was on Landry not looking for the ball, the other was obvious DPI. 

    I have been one of Baker's best supporters,  but he was not very good today, injured or not.

    @neo said:

    One int was on Landry not looking for the ball

    That throw was going to be a pick even if Landry didn't slip.  

  • Just finished watching the game......

    At least Stef committed to the run game this week, but just not for the last 3 plays. 

    Defense played great.

    36 played lights out.

    Baker just isn't the guy.

    I'm glad I didn't watch the game live and ruin my day. 

    There's always next year. 

  • @neo said:

    One int was on Landry not looking for the ball

    That throw was going to be a pick even if Landry didn't slip.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    That throw was going to be a pick even if Landry didn't slip.  

    Landry slipped because he tried to stop in his tracks to get back to an under thrown ball. It's 100% on Baker.

  • I still want to know why Aaron Rodgers would want to come here?  The guy has D. Adams. We have a 6th rounder. How many first rounders and what pro bowlers you giving to GB to make that happen anyway? 3 firsts and Chubb? 3 firsts and Garrett? Then Rodgers retires the next year. Then where/how do you get him a legit WR? Aaron ain't running Kev's playbook.

    Russell Wilson? Dude has DK Metcalf and Leggett. We have a 6th rounder. (Not to mention, Russ looks pretty bad this year...) His wife ain't moving to Cleveland either. 

    Watson has 20 different people accusing him of sexual misconduct. 20 different people. AND he admitted he did it, maybe that shit passes then he's available. How many first rounders you giving up? That the kinda guy you wanna hang your franchise on..? 

    Matt Ryan? 37 years old. What's he got left? How much you giving up?

    I've always had Derrick Carr in the back of my head. Seems pretty likely he is out in LV. But after watching his play last week against our backup JV squad....

    I really don't see anything but the draft being an option.

    Yippee. 

    @hx214 said:

    I still want to know why Aaron Rodgers would want to come here?  The guy has D. Adams. We have a 6th rounder. How many first rounders and what pro bowlers you giving to GB to make that happen anyway? 3 firsts and Chubb? 3 firsts and Garrett? Then Rodgers retires the next year. Then where/how do you get him a legit WR? Aaron ain't running Kev's playbook.

    Russell Wilson? Dude has DK Metcalf and Leggett. We have a 6th rounder. (Not to mention, Russ looks pretty bad this year...) His wife ain't moving to Cleveland either. 

    Watson has 20 different people accusing him of sexual misconduct. 20 different people. AND he admitted he did it, maybe that shit passes then he's available. How many first rounders you giving up? That the kinda guy you wanna hang your franchise on..? 

    Matt Ryan? 37 years old. What's he got left? How much you giving up?

    I've always had Derrick Carr in the back of my head. Seems pretty likely he is out in LV. But after watching his play last week against our backup JV squad....

    I really don't see anything but the draft being an option.

    Yippee. 

    Rodgers and Wilson are long shots, but it's worth asking. And yes, we would have to get them some help at WR.

    Our best shot is with Watson. That's IF he clears his legal problems, I would absolutely take a shot on him. Sure, I don't want a guy who's guilty of sexual misconduct if he is in fact guilty. But this is the Browns, we don't have options. You have to take scummy guys sometimes to win - Big Rape won two Super Bowls, Antonio Brown is trash and he won one last year, Tyreke Hill beat and choked his girlfriend and won a SB. And let's not forget our good friend Kareem Hunt and his video altercation with a woman (the video isn't as bad as the NFL made it out I will admit). He came to Cleveland, stayed out of trouble and has been awesome for this franchise. He's probably my third favorite player behind Chubb and Garrett. No one seems to care or remember what he did. Let's face it, this franchise is desperate for a Super Bowl, if someone with a questionable past comes in here and performs well and wins, the fan base won't care what they did in the past. 

    I think the Stafford trade that the Rams pulled off last year gives a good idea of the market value for a franchise QB. The Rams sent two first rounders, a third rounder, and a bad starting QB in Goff to the Lions for Stafford. 

  • N Neo

    One int was on Landry not looking for the ball, the other was obvious DPI. 

    I have been one of Baker's best supporters,  but he was not very good today, injured or not.

    @neo said:

    One int was on Landry not looking for the ball, the other was obvious DPI. 

    I have been one of Baker's best supporters,  but he was not very good today, injured or not.

    The one to Landry was 10 yards under thrown. He was behind the defense and getting more wide open with every step. 
    That pass has to be out in front of Landry, instead it was horribly under thrown causing Landry to stop and slip

  • N Neo

    One int was on Landry not looking for the ball, the other was obvious DPI. 

    I have been one of Baker's best supporters,  but he was not very good today, injured or not.

    @neo said:

    One int was on Landry not looking for the ball, the other was obvious DPI. 

    I have been one of Baker's best supporters,  but he was not very good today, injured or not.

    True enough that was a bad performance. Also true is that quarterbacks have bad performances. If the Browns face an uphill battle because of extraneous circumstances that certainly worth mentioning. People who hate the Browns or hate the quarterback or hate anybody call that making excuses. And I say that's bulshit. The bad calls were glaring enough that the announcers certainly not Browns fans, were mentioning them on air.

    On top of that we are Fielding players that haven't been allowed to practice in what, a couple of weeks? An offensive line with three starters gone and one guy playing out of position?

    Yes I'm pissed off yes I'm disappointed but the only thing I'm scared about is the idiots in the front office making wholesale changes. 

    (As for the haters? Well they always suck.)

    WSS

  • @tiamat63 said:

    That throw was going to be a pick even if Landry didn't slip.  

    Landry slipped because he tried to stop in his tracks to get back to an under thrown ball. It's 100% on Baker.

    @hish747 said:

    Landry slipped because he tried to stop in his tracks to get back to an under thrown ball. It's 100% on Baker.

    Landry didn't slip, he fainted.

    He fainted when he saw how horrible Baker's pass was to him. 

  • Watching the highlights of the Cardinals vs Colts game (I don't have NFL Network so I missed the game last night) and saw that Carson Wentz had a good game, so out of curiosity I looked up his stats for this season, because I hadn't really heard much how he's doing.. 

    Wentz, who was given up for dead, has 25 touchdowns passes compared to 6 interceptions, and a QB rating of 96.4 in 2021. 

    I wonder if the Eagles wish they still had him... and while I'm not the biggest Baker fan, the Browns better make 100% sure they upgrade from him before making a change at the QB position. 

  • More sobering stats from yesterday 

    Browns rushes + screens = 23 plays for 259 yards
    Browns passes - screens = 40 plays for 138 net yards (plus four picks)

  • @hx214 said:

    I still want to know why Aaron Rodgers would want to come here?  The guy has D. Adams. We have a 6th rounder. How many first rounders and what pro bowlers you giving to GB to make that happen anyway? 3 firsts and Chubb? 3 firsts and Garrett? Then Rodgers retires the next year. Then where/how do you get him a legit WR? Aaron ain't running Kev's playbook.

    Russell Wilson? Dude has DK Metcalf and Leggett. We have a 6th rounder. (Not to mention, Russ looks pretty bad this year...) His wife ain't moving to Cleveland either. 

    Watson has 20 different people accusing him of sexual misconduct. 20 different people. AND he admitted he did it, maybe that shit passes then he's available. How many first rounders you giving up? That the kinda guy you wanna hang your franchise on..? 

    Matt Ryan? 37 years old. What's he got left? How much you giving up?

    I've always had Derrick Carr in the back of my head. Seems pretty likely he is out in LV. But after watching his play last week against our backup JV squad....

    I really don't see anything but the draft being an option.

    Yippee. 

    Rodgers and Wilson are long shots, but it's worth asking. And yes, we would have to get them some help at WR.

    Our best shot is with Watson. That's IF he clears his legal problems, I would absolutely take a shot on him. Sure, I don't want a guy who's guilty of sexual misconduct if he is in fact guilty. But this is the Browns, we don't have options. You have to take scummy guys sometimes to win - Big Rape won two Super Bowls, Antonio Brown is trash and he won one last year, Tyreke Hill beat and choked his girlfriend and won a SB. And let's not forget our good friend Kareem Hunt and his video altercation with a woman (the video isn't as bad as the NFL made it out I will admit). He came to Cleveland, stayed out of trouble and has been awesome for this franchise. He's probably my third favorite player behind Chubb and Garrett. No one seems to care or remember what he did. Let's face it, this franchise is desperate for a Super Bowl, if someone with a questionable past comes in here and performs well and wins, the fan base won't care what they did in the past. 

    I think the Stafford trade that the Rams pulled off last year gives a good idea of the market value for a franchise QB. The Rams sent two first rounders, a third rounder, and a bad starting QB in Goff to the Lions for Stafford. 

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Our best shot is with Watson. That's IF he clears his legal problems, I would absolutely take a shot on him. Sure, I don't want a guy who's guilty of sexual misconduct if he is in fact guilty. But this is the Browns, we don't have options. You have to take scummy guys sometimes to win - Big Rape won two Super Bowls, Antonio Brown is trash and he won one last year, Tyreke Hill beat and choked his girlfriend and won a SB. And let's not forget our good friend Kareem Hunt and his video altercation with a woman (the video isn't as bad as the NFL made it out I will admit). He came to Cleveland, stayed out of trouble and has been awesome for this franchise. He's probably my third favorite player behind Chubb and Garrett. No one seems to care or remember what he did. Let's face it, this franchise is desperate for a Super Bowl, if someone with a questionable past comes in here and performs well and wins, the fan base won't care what they did in the past. 

    Ya, but Big Rape was already drafted by the Steelers. Another team didn't give up multiple first rounders to get him.  I could see the Browns making the trade then 20 more people coming out to accuse him of something after they get him, cause that's how it works here. 

    Hunt was signed of the street. For peanuts. That doesn't work, all you lose is money. 

  • More sobering stats from yesterday 

    Browns rushes + screens = 23 plays for 259 yards
    Browns passes - screens = 40 plays for 138 net yards (plus four picks)

    @browns149 said:

    More sobering stats from yesterday 

    Browns rushes + screens = 23 plays for 259 yards
    Browns passes - screens = 40 plays for 138 net yards (plus four picks)

    I hadn't realized that. Seems dumb alright. The Packers defense is better with the pass, pretty poor vs the run..... I'm starting to think the Browns coaches are out-coaching themselves amid all the problems this year.

  • @browns149 said:

    More sobering stats from yesterday 

    Browns rushes + screens = 23 plays for 259 yards
    Browns passes - screens = 40 plays for 138 net yards (plus four picks)

    I hadn't realized that. Seems dumb alright. The Packers defense is better with the pass, pretty poor vs the run..... I'm starting to think the Browns coaches are out-coaching themselves amid all the problems this year.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I hadn't realized that. Seems dumb alright. The Packers defense is better with the pass, pretty poor vs the run..... I'm starting to think the Browns coaches are out-coaching themselves amid all the problems this year.

    It does seem whatever game plan they come up with doesn’t get the job done at crunch time

  • @tiamat63 said:

    That throw was going to be a pick even if Landry didn't slip.  

    Landry slipped because he tried to stop in his tracks to get back to an under thrown ball. It's 100% on Baker.

    @hish747 said:

    Landry slipped because he tried to stop in his tracks to get back to an under thrown ball. It's 100% on Baker.

    I know the resident football geniuses will blast me for this, but it seems like Landry was supposed to come back to the ball or at least Baker thought his was going to come back to the ball. Troy Aikman even Landry wasn't looking for the ball or didn't appear to be.

    I even acknowledged Baker played like trash. But I stand firm this was not on Baker.

    20211226_124420.jpg