Baker Mayfield
-
Actually, I've had him on ignore for quite some time... I'll occasionally unhide his posts to see what he's up to... It was my mistake to engage him again. I know his MO too well, both here and over on the Poli forum. He'll just beat you down with bullshit and whataboutism until you just give up...
ah, but you told all of us when we were handing your ass to ya, that you were a mod and couldn't put anyone on ignore.
I made a great point.
Explain why the Bengals drafted Chase #5 overall, when they, per your nonsense, "didn't have to, because the qb can make any wr's superstars".
lol.
run and hide again. "no mas, I can't admit I'm wrong because I'm a mod" Hoorta.
Take your little ball and run all the way home.
Answer the question. Or, admit you conveniently quit.
ah, but you told all of us when we were handing your ass to ya, that you were a mod and couldn't put anyone on ignore.
I made a great point.
Explain why the Bengals drafted Chase #5 overall, when they, per your nonsense, "didn't have to, because the qb can make any wr's superstars".
lol.
run and hide again. "no mas, I can't admit I'm wrong because I'm a mod" Hoorta.
Take your little ball and run all the way home.
Answer the question. Or, admit you conveniently quit.
No one cares.
-
Actually, I've had him on ignore for quite some time... I'll occasionally unhide his posts to see what he's up to... It was my mistake to engage him again. I know his MO too well, both here and over on the Poli forum. He'll just beat you down with bullshit and whataboutism until you just give up...

cal, and many of the other brilliant minds that circle jerk each other on the Poli Board are the people who inspired the old saying:
"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
cal, and many of the other brilliant minds that circle jerk each other on the Poli Board are the people who inspired the old saying:
"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
Hey Dutchman I was tempted to say something about sauce for geese versus sauce for gander's or pots and Kettles but I think the point is this:
Baker Mayfield his my guy. To quote Alice Cooper "if that don't suit ya*, that's a drag."
WSS
* not you personally but anybody in general.
??
And just for the record probably the smartest thing to do would for him to get the surgery now to get a better start on next season. But my heart says I hope they hate the f****** s*** eating Squeelers bad enough to f****** Roethlisberger's last game at 3 sewers or the ketchup Bowl whatever it is.
WSS
-
cal, and many of the other brilliant minds that circle jerk each other on the Poli Board are the people who inspired the old saying:
"Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
Hey Dutchman I was tempted to say something about sauce for geese versus sauce for gander's or pots and Kettles but I think the point is this:
Baker Mayfield his my guy. To quote Alice Cooper "if that don't suit ya*, that's a drag."
WSS
* not you personally but anybody in general.
??
And just for the record probably the smartest thing to do would for him to get the surgery now to get a better start on next season. But my heart says I hope they hate the f****** s*** eating Squeelers bad enough to f****** Roethlisberger's last game at 3 sewers or the ketchup Bowl whatever it is.
WSS
Hey Dutchman I was tempted to say something about sauce for geese versus sauce for gander's or pots and Kettles but I think the point is this:
Baker Mayfield his my guy. To quote Alice Cooper "if that don't suit ya*, that's a drag."
WSS
* not you personally but anybody in general.
??
Guess what, Baker Mayfield is most likely going to be your guy, my guy, EVERYONE'S guy next year. Get him his surgery, his rehab, and continue to improve the roster around him.
After next season? We'll see.
-
Hey Dutchman I was tempted to say something about sauce for geese versus sauce for gander's or pots and Kettles but I think the point is this:
Baker Mayfield his my guy. To quote Alice Cooper "if that don't suit ya*, that's a drag."
WSS
* not you personally but anybody in general.
??
Guess what, Baker Mayfield is most likely going to be your guy, my guy, EVERYONE'S guy next year. Get him his surgery, his rehab, and continue to improve the roster around him.
After next season? We'll see.
Guess what, Baker Mayfield is most likely going to be your guy, my guy, EVERYONE'S guy next year. Get him his surgery, his rehab, and continue to improve the roster around him.
After that? We'll see.
PS I just edited that laughed response check back and see if you agree.
?
-
which games did baker lose?
Regular Season WK DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L HI PASS HI RUSH HI REC 1 Sun, Sep 12 L33-29 0-1 Mayfield 321 Chubb 83 Njoku 76 2 fumbles lead to kc points 2 Sun, Sep 19 W31-21 1-1 Mayfield 213 Chubb 95 Felton 51 Baker rips shoulder 3 Sun, Sep 26 W26-6 2-1 Mayfield 246 Chubb 84 Beckham Jr. 77 4 Sun, Oct 3 W14-7 3-1 Mayfield 155 Chubb 100 Higgins 63 5 Sun, Oct 10 L47-42 3-2 Mayfield 305 Chubb 161 Njoku 149 refs sucked/ our PK was 6 of 6 6 Sun, Oct 17 L37-14 3-3 Mayfield 234 Hunt 66 Peoples-Jones 101 Baker hurt again/ Zona dominated 7 Thu, Oct 21 W17-14 4-3 Keenum 199 Johnson 146 Hooper 42 8 Sun, Oct 31 L15-10 4-4 Mayfield 225 Chubb 61 Landry 65>>>>>huge fumble loss/Stef/ offense stale/ PK 2 of 2 9 Sun, Nov 7 W41-16 5-4 Mayfield 218 Chubb 137 Peoples-Jones 86 10 Sun, Nov 14 L45-7 5-5 Keenum 81 Johnson 99 Johnson 58 like zona.. dominated 11 Sun, Nov 21 W13-10 6-5 Mayfield 176 Chubb 130 Hooper 53 ugly win 12 Sun, Nov 28 L16-10 6-6 Mayfield 247 Hunt 20 Landry 111 Did nothing with 4 turnovers. we turn it over twice..Chubb/Hunt combine 36 rushing yrds./PK -3 points 13 BYE WEEK 14 Sun, Dec 12 W24-22 7-6 Mayfield 190 Chubb 59 Peoples-Jones 90 15 Mon, Dec 20 L16-14 7-7 Mullens 147 Chubb 91 Peoples-Jones 48 No Baker/ 3 points missed PK/game needed to be won 16 Sat, Dec 25 L24-22 7-8 Mayfield 222 Chubb 126 Higgins 58 Nagger 1 missed XP/ Baker 4 picks/ Stef? 8.8/rush on 25 attempts//we throw 36 times? game points lost/by ... -4.....-5....-5....-6....-2....-2.....(no Pats nor Cards) 8 L's
we had our share of Covid & injuries just as 31 others.. buttttt. MAN!! We had our chances !
-
-- 34 minutes of agreement with tia.JT O'Sullivan [QB School channel] is a pretty good analyst.
"This video is about to be a damn hour long because I can't get over throwing a pick to a post safety on a post route"
-
-- 34 minutes of agreement with tia.JT O'Sullivan [QB School channel] is a pretty good analyst.
"This video is about to be a damn hour long because I can't get over throwing a pick to a post safety on a post route"
-- 34 minutes of agreement with tia.JT O'Sullivan [QB School channel] is a pretty good analyst.
"This video is about to be a damn hour long because I can't get over throwing a pick to a post safety on a post route"
Appreciate the nod.
I have more work, both bad AND some good of Baker, actually, sitting on my desktop needing to be typed out and organized. But I'm battling covid symptoms still and sleeping a great deal. I'll get around to it at some point along with the off-season topics I wanted to tackle.
Sadly NFL.com doesnt keep the All-22 from previous seasons archived and available, so I'm going to reach out to a couple guys on reddit. I really need the screenshots to go back and connect things I'm trying to show.
I'll check out that video after the game.
-
Two things I've been saying before and throughout this season.
- Joe Woods isn't the issue
- Baker is the largest issue.
Sad some of you need such disgustingly blatant examples to realize this.
Also, if you didn't like my play breakdowns....

-
Two things I've been saying before and throughout this season.
- Joe Woods isn't the issue
- Baker is the largest issue.
Sad some of you need such disgustingly blatant examples to realize this.
Also, if you didn't like my play breakdowns....

Two things I've been saying before and throughout this season.
- Joe Woods isn't the issue
- Baker is the largest issue.
Sad some of you need such disgustingly blatant examples to realize this.
Also, if you didn't like my play breakdowns....

Baker's QB play today was horrendously bad. Sure, there were drops. But damn, the accuracy just wasn't there at least 50% of the time. Batted down balls- staring down his receivers, and sacks where he had plenty of time to just throw the ball (four seconds) into the seats... That was a sub college level backup performance. I'm pissed off at Stefanski for not benching him when he went 1 for ten on completions. What more did you need to see Kev? Grow a set, and sit him against the Bengals.
I dare anyone to post and break down every one of Baker's misses... It's not going to be pretty. Damn, when you can't even hit your running back on a designed inside screen from 10 yards away? That blows.
-
Trade for Tua. Everyone thinks he's a bum. He throws bad picks early in games, gets pissed and wins. Miami wants Watson. A bag of oranges would get Tua. Those idiots love natural disasters and citrus.
Guess what, Baker Mayfield is most likely going to be your guy, my guy, EVERYONE'S guy next year. Get him his surgery, his rehab, and continue to improve the roster around him.
After next season? We'll see.
Bring in Big Ben and Antonio Brown. Shake it up.
-
Zombo, Cal, Nickers, Steve and a few more of you. This thread brilliantly describes what I've hinted at before. The whole "I'd rather lose with Baker than win with anyone else".
-
Zombo, Cal, Nickers, Steve and a few more of you. This thread brilliantly describes what I've hinted at before. The whole "I'd rather lose with Baker than win with anyone else".
Zombo, Cal, Nickers, Steve and a few more of you. This thread brilliantly describes what I've hinted at before. The whole "I'd rather lose with Baker than LOSE with anyone else".
That's ridiculous so I fixed it for you.
Let me ask honestly is it your opinion we would have won with Case Keenum/Mullins/Lauletta at the helm?
WSS
-
Zombo, Cal, Nickers, Steve and a few more of you. This thread brilliantly describes what I've hinted at before. The whole "I'd rather lose with Baker than win with anyone else".
Zombo, Cal, Nickers, Steve and a few more of you. This thread brilliantly describes what I've hinted at before. The whole "I'd rather lose with Baker than win with anyone else".
Garrett Bush ? Whines about Baker? and last year doesn't matter? - Baker played great last year. Baker's injury is the matter.
Nothing matters to him but blaming the qb? Even Doug Dieken was commenting on how the Browns wr's - NONE OF THEM WERE GETTING OPEN.Perhaps Garrett won't be happy that the Browns will? draft a star wr next year.
Your contention is stupid. Most of us want to WIN - and they WON LAST YEAR WITH BAKER.
You Baker haters think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, when you can't see over the fence.
I'd rather listen to Dieken talking about how no wr's were getting open again and again, than Garrett Bush. lol
-
Zombo, Cal, Nickers, Steve and a few more of you. This thread brilliantly describes what I've hinted at before. The whole "I'd rather lose with Baker than LOSE with anyone else".
That's ridiculous so I fixed it for you.
Let me ask honestly is it your opinion we would have won with Case Keenum/Mullins/Lauletta at the helm?
WSS
That's ridiculous so I fixed it for you.
Let me ask honestly is it your opinion we would have won with Case Keenum/Mullins/Lauletta at the helm?
WSS
As I've said before, especially when it comes to minimizing turnovers, Keenum would have been the wiser start for quite some time now.
Do we win? It's possible we still lose, but some of the "how do you throw THAT int?!?" would likely have been cleaned up. The pick to DPJ is my commentary in a nutshell. Fewer turnovers gives your team a better shot at winning. Period.
That Twitter thread brilliantly captures some of the mentality on this board that I've hinted at.
That doesn't absolve Stefanski for last night either. I'm not sure what is running through his head right now but it's unbecoming of a decent NFL HC.
Enjoy the off-season, I have work to do. Feel free to check back in for any of my future segments.
-
-
That's ridiculous so I fixed it for you.
Let me ask honestly is it your opinion we would have won with Case Keenum/Mullins/Lauletta at the helm?
WSS
As I've said before, especially when it comes to minimizing turnovers, Keenum would have been the wiser start for quite some time now.
Do we win? It's possible we still lose, but some of the "how do you throw THAT int?!?" would likely have been cleaned up. The pick to DPJ is my commentary in a nutshell. Fewer turnovers gives your team a better shot at winning. Period.
That Twitter thread brilliantly captures some of the mentality on this board that I've hinted at.
That doesn't absolve Stefanski for last night either. I'm not sure what is running through his head right now but it's unbecoming of a decent NFL HC.
Enjoy the off-season, I have work to do. Feel free to check back in for any of my future segments.
As I've said before, especially when it comes to minimizing turnovers, Keenum would have been the wiser start for quite some time now.
Do we win? It's possible we still lose, but some of the "how do you throw THAT int?!?" would likely have been cleaned up. The pick to DPJ is my commentary in a nutshell. Fewer turnovers gives your team a better shot at winning. Period.
That Twitter thread brilliantly captures some of the mentality on this board that I've hinted at.
That doesn't absolve Stefanski for last night either. I'm not sure what is running through his head right now but it's unbecoming of a decent NFL HC.
Enjoy the off-season, I have work to do. Feel free to check back in for any of my future segments.
Oh well. Can't sign into Twitter so...
I guess I'll have to go to your backup Colin Cowherd.
?
-
I can't wait to see what the Baker apologists have to say this week. But, but his shoulder. But, but the play calling. But, but the refs. No. Just no. Good or bad shoulder, the play calling, good or bad WR's - Baker just blows. He's a bottom 10 QB. People cling on to last year because we got into the playoffs. That's old news. The current news is we have to pay Faker Fakefield $19 million next year, which means our supporting cast will be worse. Imagine how bad Baker will be next year without a top 5 o-line and the best RB corps in the NFL.
-
YoU dOnT kNoW wHaT bAkErS fIrSt ReAd Is"
"WrS aReNt GeTtInG oPeN"
Oh, please. That is ONE PLAY???? lol. He's looking right at him, I guess he was shocked he just got open, and threw him the ball? Do I need to mention how rapistblonker didn't see his TE totally wide open in the end zone in a game?
https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/4-thoughts-on-browns-ravens
" Wide receivers cannot get open "
You know, Chris Collinsworth was a wide receiver right? Without Landry - wr's can't get open. End of most of the passing game.
*******************************************
https://www.brownsnation.com/cris-collinsworth-says-one-browns-position-needs-to-step-up/
Collinsworth pointed out that when Jarvis Landry is injured or covered, Mayfield has struggled.
The Browns need a second receiver to step up especially against the Ravens because Collinsworth believes the Ravens will be all over Landry.
*********************************************
Tiam - the Browns will draft a WR high. for the same reason - that the Bengals drafted Ja'Marr Chase fifth overall when they already had Ty HIggins and Boyd. And it has meant everything to the Bengals offense. Same qb.
-
That's ridiculous so I fixed it for you.
Let me ask honestly is it your opinion we would have won with Case Keenum/Mullins/Lauletta at the helm?
WSS
As I've said before, especially when it comes to minimizing turnovers, Keenum would have been the wiser start for quite some time now.
Do we win? It's possible we still lose, but some of the "how do you throw THAT int?!?" would likely have been cleaned up. The pick to DPJ is my commentary in a nutshell. Fewer turnovers gives your team a better shot at winning. Period.
That Twitter thread brilliantly captures some of the mentality on this board that I've hinted at.
That doesn't absolve Stefanski for last night either. I'm not sure what is running through his head right now but it's unbecoming of a decent NFL HC.
Enjoy the off-season, I have work to do. Feel free to check back in for any of my future segments.
As I've said before, especially when it comes to minimizing turnovers, Keenum would have been the wiser start for quite some time now.
Do we win? It's possible we still lose, but some of the "how do you throw THAT int?!?" would likely have been cleaned up. The pick to DPJ is my commentary in a nutshell. Fewer turnovers gives your team a better shot at winning. Period.
That Twitter thread brilliantly captures some of the mentality on this board that I've hinted at.
That doesn't absolve Stefanski for last night either. I'm not sure what is running through his head right now but it's unbecoming of a decent NFL HC.
Enjoy the off-season, I have work to do. Feel free to check back in for any of my future segments.
Let me just ask you this simply, as I am indeed a simple man. First, it goes without saying I have serious concerns about Mayfield as the dude moving forward. Last week was beyond a turd, it was a shit sandwich. I didn't even watch the second half of last night candidly.
But, the simple fact of the matter is the Browns are at least an average team with Mayfield, and he has shown that when fully healthy can play the position at an above average level. QBR is just a measure of it, but Mayfield finished 10th in that stat last year. Maybe the dude did get figured out, that's very possible. But, overall at least this team is playing competitive football outside the last month. The wheels have seem to fall off the bus for the rest of this season, but it's been a dang refreshing change of pace to A) be in the playoffs and B ) be actively a part of the playoff discussion with two weeks left. I mean this with sincerity that I don't think I can actively be a fan again of another decade of 2-4 win seasons. I'd much rather be "middle of the road" or the "Kirk Cousins special" and hope for a spark (a la the Titans formula) than the shit we saw for so long.
This all leads me to the conclusion that there were MANY mitigating factors to Mayfield's (and thusly, the team) success this season, starting with a bum shoulder. I think it's worth it strongly to re-tool this offseason and see if Mayfield can bring back that 2020 play with Stefanski God willing getting his head out of his ass. That could easily result in 2022 showing us that Mayfield just got figured out. But watching the first two-ish weeks of the season, it's like watching a different QB. Based on what you see, do you agree with that sentiment or do you feel like it's time to hit the reset button?
-
I just think it's funny the sky is falling mentality.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login














