It's Steeler Week !
-
"Five year here (PIT), seven years there (CLE), do you still have any ties or emotions attached with Cleveland?"
-
I wouldn't take any of them over Harris and that's not a slight to chubb, hunt, Johnson or Felton. Harris is going to be special and he's the genuine article off the field. His media days are refreshing and amusing.
OMG- you are SO totally full of shit. Harris' best game was against the Broncos- and our 3rh stringer Johnson outgained him by 20 yards.
His health is the only reason he wasn't a bell cow. He's a good running back. He just can't seem to handle a bell cow role and that's what the Steelers wanted him to be. He's been pretty damn solid in AZ. I still stand by what I said about him being a very good running back.
In other words- he sucked- so we let him walk.
OMG- you are SO totally full of shit. Harris' best game was against the Broncos- and our 3rh stringer Johnson outgained him by 20 yards.
In other words- he sucked- so we let him walk.
Our offensive line was not good earlier in the year. It's still not great. You know this or at least should know this. I'd take Harris over chubb but I'm not implying it's by a mile. I AGAIN am not throwing shade at Chubb.
Edit: Connor isn't sucking in Arizona. He couldn't stay healthy for the steelers. I'm glad it's working out for him in AZ. He's a classy dude.
-
Baker Mayfield cleared medical... Starts#Browns ruled Out... CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) and S Richard LeCounte III (discipline).Questionable: WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder), DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle/groin/knee), CB A.J. Green (groin), DT Malik Jackson (ankle), DE Takk McKinley (groin)RB Coach Stump Mitchell is OUT undisclosed Medical issue (brownsnation reports Stump's former playing knee injury)CB Herb Miller activated up from PS #29Late adds..#Browns fullback Johnny Stanton was added to the injury report today(Friday) as limited with a calf injury.Eric Ebron is out for the Browns game with a hamstring injury. Melvin Ingram is doubtful.
-
Baker Mayfield cleared medical... Starts#Browns ruled Out... CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) and S Richard LeCounte III (discipline).Questionable: WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder), DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle/groin/knee), CB A.J. Green (groin), DT Malik Jackson (ankle), DE Takk McKinley (groin)RB Coach Stump Mitchell is OUT undisclosed Medical issue (brownsnation reports Stump's former playing knee injury)CB Herb Miller activated up from PS #29Late adds..#Browns fullback Johnny Stanton was added to the injury report today(Friday) as limited with a calf injury.Eric Ebron is out for the Browns game with a hamstring injury. Melvin Ingram is doubtful.Baker Mayfield cleared medical... Starts#Browns ruled Out... CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) and S Richard LeCounte III (discipline).Questionable: WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder), DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle/groin/knee), CB A.J. Green (groin), DT Malik Jackson (ankle), DE Takk McKinley (groin)RB Coach Stump Mitchell is OUT undisclosed Medical issueCB Herb Miller activated up from PS #29
His throwing motion is pretty noticibly off. I get it's steelers week but keenum is a capable backup. I saw some videos today of him at practice. What good is his arm if he dislocates his shoulder again? I'm ready for any and all hits on baker to be labeled as dirty, let's just put that out there right now. If the Browns were smart they would shut him down and get him healthy. I'd rather face hobbled Mayfield over healthy keenum. No bs.
-
Baker Mayfield cleared medical... Starts#Browns ruled Out... CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) and S Richard LeCounte III (discipline).Questionable: WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder), DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle/groin/knee), CB A.J. Green (groin), DT Malik Jackson (ankle), DE Takk McKinley (groin)RB Coach Stump Mitchell is OUT undisclosed Medical issueCB Herb Miller activated up from PS #29
His throwing motion is pretty noticibly off. I get it's steelers week but keenum is a capable backup. I saw some videos today of him at practice. What good is his arm if he dislocates his shoulder again? I'm ready for any and all hits on baker to be labeled as dirty, let's just put that out there right now. If the Browns were smart they would shut him down and get him healthy. I'd rather face hobbled Mayfield over healthy keenum. No bs.
His throwing motion is pretty noticibly off. I get it's steelers week but keenum is a capable backup. I saw some videos today of him at practice. What good is his arm if he dislocates his shoulder again? I'm ready for any and all hits on baker to be labeled as dirty, let's just put that out there right now. If the Browns were smart they would shut him down and get him healthy. I'd rather face hobbled Mayfield over healthy keenum. No bs.
Don't try telling that to Zombo. He's of the opinion a 1\2 crippled Mayfield is a better option than Keenum. The Browns may be smart, but MHO Mayfield is being pretty dumb wanting to get out there ASAP. There's several of us here who think Baker should sit this one out- and try to get as healthy as possible for the Bengals the following week.
The Browns Fan Boys are ignoring (like Baker is) that the next shoulder dislocation will probably be the last one this year. Say HI to IR.
-
Baker Mayfield cleared medical... Starts#Browns ruled Out... CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) and S Richard LeCounte III (discipline).Questionable: WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder), DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle/groin/knee), CB A.J. Green (groin), DT Malik Jackson (ankle), DE Takk McKinley (groin)RB Coach Stump Mitchell is OUT undisclosed Medical issueCB Herb Miller activated up from PS #29
His throwing motion is pretty noticibly off. I get it's steelers week but keenum is a capable backup. I saw some videos today of him at practice. What good is his arm if he dislocates his shoulder again? I'm ready for any and all hits on baker to be labeled as dirty, let's just put that out there right now. If the Browns were smart they would shut him down and get him healthy. I'd rather face hobbled Mayfield over healthy keenum. No bs.
-
Vag still thinks Troy Pollyfullapoopoo plays for his squealers defense this year.
-
Baker Mayfield cleared medical... Starts#Browns ruled Out... CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) and S Richard LeCounte III (discipline).Questionable: WR Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder), DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle/groin/knee), CB A.J. Green (groin), DT Malik Jackson (ankle), DE Takk McKinley (groin)RB Coach Stump Mitchell is OUT undisclosed Medical issueCB Herb Miller activated up from PS #29
His throwing motion is pretty noticibly off. I get it's steelers week but keenum is a capable backup. I saw some videos today of him at practice. What good is his arm if he dislocates his shoulder again? I'm ready for any and all hits on baker to be labeled as dirty, let's just put that out there right now. If the Browns were smart they would shut him down and get him healthy. I'd rather face hobbled Mayfield over healthy keenum. No bs.
I'm ready for any and all hits on baker to be labeled as dirty, let's just put that out there right now.
If the Browns were smart they would shut him down and get him healthy. Bake Healthy? is 8 weeks or more.....65% of the league might* be healthy?
OL's you've played...Bills / LVR / Cinn / GB / Den / Sea....... Who's at the Browns level with Wills & Conklin back rested? GB? Bills?
D'ernest Johnson proved well in pass pro vs. Denver.. We're not seeing a huge Hunt loss here..
Bakes running legs are fine... If ya can catch him? Drop him softly
... D.Ward not seeing J.Johnson nor Claypool is my real bother..Troy Hill & Greedy..huge factors
-
-
His throwing motion is pretty noticibly off. I get it's steelers week but keenum is a capable backup. I saw some videos today of him at practice. What good is his arm if he dislocates his shoulder again? I'm ready for any and all hits on baker to be labeled as dirty, let's just put that out there right now. If the Browns were smart they would shut him down and get him healthy. I'd rather face hobbled Mayfield over healthy keenum. No bs.
Don't try telling that to Zombo. He's of the opinion a 1\2 crippled Mayfield is a better option than Keenum. The Browns may be smart, but MHO Mayfield is being pretty dumb wanting to get out there ASAP. There's several of us here who think Baker should sit this one out- and try to get as healthy as possible for the Bengals the following week.
The Browns Fan Boys are ignoring (like Baker is) that the next shoulder dislocation will probably be the last one this year. Say HI to IR.
Don't try telling that to Zombo. He's of the opinion a 1\2 crippled Mayfield is a better option than Keenum. The Browns may be smart, but MHO Mayfield is being pretty dumb wanting to get out there ASAP. There's several of us here who think Baker should sit this one out- and try to get as healthy as possible for the Bengals the following week.
The Browns Fan Boys are ignoring (like Baker is) that the next shoulder dislocation will probably be the last one this year. Say HI to IR.
His shoulder does not look good. Zombo is 100% wrong too. Keenum is a very solid backup. I'd say he's one of the best in the league. No way do I trot baker out there. No matter how good your line is right now they aren't likely to completely shutdown watt, Heyward and Highsmith as mentioned. I also agree that if he dislocates again he's probably shutdown for the season.
-
I'm ready for any and all hits on baker to be labeled as dirty, let's just put that out there right now.
If the Browns were smart they would shut him down and get him healthy. Bake Healthy? is 8 weeks or more.....65% of the league might* be healthy?
OL's you've played...Bills / LVR / Cinn / GB / Den / Sea....... Who's at the Browns level with Wills & Conklin back rested? GB? Bills?
D'ernest Johnson proved well in pass pro vs. Denver.. We're not seeing a huge Hunt loss here..
Bakes running legs are fine... If ya can catch him? Drop him softly
... D.Ward not seeing J.Johnson nor Claypool is my real bother..Troy Hill & Greedy..huge factors
OL's you've played...Bills / LVR / Cinn / GB / Den / Sea....... Who's at the Browns level with Wills & Conklin back rested? GB? Bills?
D'ernest Johnson proved well in pass pro vs. Denver.. We're not seeing a huge Hunt loss here..
Bakes running legs are fine... If ya can catch him? Drop him softly
... D.Ward not seeing J.Johnson nor Claypool is my real bother..Troy Hill & Greedy..huge factors
Guess we are gonna find out. Heyward and watt lead the league in several rush categories. Good luck.
-
ESPN Dan Orlovsky.... Not any teams homer reporter...
https://www.brownsnation.com/nfl-insider-says-he-likes-what-he-sees-at-mayfields-practice/
-
Zombo said:
Oh you Mofos are so dramatic.
Half crippled? Stef says he's essentially 100%
Z
Something Stef is obligated to say- when Baker told him... ""Full speed ahead, and damn the torpedoes!!"
1) Z, I'll say this in all honesty. You'd have to be goddamn blind to not notice (and I'm far from a QB mechanics expert) that harness is seriously affecting on how he's able to throw the ball. Orlovski (former NFL QB) thinks differently? Whatever. Obviously compensating- because he sure as hell doesn't have normal range of motion in his left arm wearing that harness.
From that article... "We don’t know exactly what will happen with Mayfield the rest of the season. He doesn’t know either. Mayfield is a competitor and wants to play; that is obvious." No shit. He can't "protect" himself from a blindside hit. AFAIK, Baker doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.
2) In my Friday Evening wanderings I was able to have chats with some serious fans of other teams... Green Bay, Jets, and Bengals... Mif is a Bengals season ticket holder. FWIW, they unanimously agree- Baker is fucking nuts for wanting to play on Sunday.
-
OL's you've played...Bills / LVR / Cinn / GB / Den / Sea....... Who's at the Browns level with Wills & Conklin back rested? GB? Bills?
D'ernest Johnson proved well in pass pro vs. Denver.. We're not seeing a huge Hunt loss here..
Bakes running legs are fine... If ya can catch him? Drop him softly
... D.Ward not seeing J.Johnson nor Claypool is my real bother..Troy Hill & Greedy..huge factors
Guess we are gonna find out. Heyward and watt lead the league in several rush categories. Good luck.
Guess we are gonna find out. Heyward and watt lead the league in several rush categories. Good luck.
This is the best offensive line in the league and the Steelers know that after the last meeting.
Good Luck to you
Watt is a GREAT player but it’s hard to do what you do best (rush the passer) when we are running 20 times in the 4th Quarter.
-
Zombo said:
They sound like pussies.
QBs are always one hit from getting fucked up ... it's part of the game.
If he gets hit on the left shoulder again, and gets re-injured, then Case comes in and finishes off the win, and Bake goes back on watch.
It's not like a left shoulder injury will end his career. He says he's ready, Stef says he's ready, doctors say he's ready ... but some mamby pamby fans think "he's nuts". Oh well, just some more proving folks wrong for Bake.
Z
And Baker sounded borderline arrogant earlier. Or you forget him Saying "I'll make the decision if I play or not." He backtracked on that- but I'll bet the ranch he's still thinking it. I doubt Stef will have the balls to pull him if he comes out and starts throwing passes into different area codes his receivers are located in against the Steelers.
Then prove us cautious guys wrong Sunday Baker. We're pulling for you.
-
Guess we are gonna find out. Heyward and watt lead the league in several rush categories. Good luck.
This is the best offensive line in the league and the Steelers know that after the last meeting.
Good Luck to you
Watt is a GREAT player but it’s hard to do what you do best (rush the passer) when we are running 20 times in the 4th Quarter.
This is the best offensive line in the league and the Steelers know that after the last meeting.
Good Luck to you
Watt is a GREAT player but it’s hard to do what you do best (rush the passer) when we are running 20 times in the 4th Quarter.
Watt isn't the only one wrecking shop. Heyward has been unstoppable. However you aren't wrong. Our run d has to be better.
-
Zombo said:
1. I want my quarterbacks arrogant.
2. Stef has huge balls.
3. I have no doubts he'll be sharp.
Z
If that’s his message he better show up and hit open WRs
-
And he's already got Najee Harris up on the level of Franco Harris.
LOL. Najee is a very, very good running back. Big, fast, tough, durable. But it still depends on his offensive line.
Advantage: Browns rbs. He isn't an elusive runner, but a tough one. First game - vs Buffalo - Harris had 16 carries for 45 yards.
Against Denver - he had 23 carries for 122 yards and a td. D'Ernest JOhnson had 22 carries and 146 yards, with Hance at RT, and Wills playing despite being questionable. Just interesting. Doesn't make Najee another Franco Harris, for goodness sakes.
-
And he's already got Najee Harris up on the level of Franco Harris.
LOL. Najee is a very, very good running back. Big, fast, tough, durable. But it still depends on his offensive line.
Advantage: Browns rbs. He isn't an elusive runner, but a tough one. First game - vs Buffalo - Harris had 16 carries for 45 yards.
Against Denver - he had 23 carries for 122 yards and a td. D'Ernest JOhnson had 22 carries and 146 yards, with Hance at RT, and Wills playing despite being questionable. Just interesting. Doesn't make Najee another Franco Harris, for goodness sakes.
LOL. Najee is a very, very good running back. Big, fast, tough, durable. But it still depends on his offensive line.
Vag can dress as Pitts. 6th blocker ?
Non factor- Najee, still won't get to 68.5 yards rushing

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/30/steelers-offensive-line-struggles-are-real/
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


