Playing for Pickett
-
THIS scenario wouldn't shock me, I could see this happening.
What I meant was I don't see Mayfield replaced this offseason with someone who is the 2022 starter. The Browns drafting Baker's possible replacement down the road in the 2nd or 3rd round? I could see this.
That’s not how you win in the 2022 season
People keep saying, we need to win now, the window is open NOW
A drafted QB sitting behind Baker sure as heck isn’t going to do ANYTHING
And watching Baker muddle along through another season while we waste this “so called window”, will be just like this year
9-8 or 8-9 or maybe if we catch a break 11-6
If Deshaun Watson is available, GET IT DONE!!!!!!
That’s not how you win in the 2022 season
People keep saying, we need to win now, the window is open NOW
A drafted QB sitting behind Baker sure as heck isn’t going to do ANYTHING
And watching Baker muddle along through another season while we waste this “so called window”, will be just like this year
9-8 or 8-9 or maybe if we catch a break 11-6
If Deshaun Watson is available, GET IT DONE!!!!!
I'm just being realistic.
Your scenario is what YOU want the Browns to do.
My scenario is what I think the Browns will do.
I don't see Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson coming to Cleveland, and I don't see the Browns giving up the world (possibly) for a PR nightmare like Watson.
I can see, though, the scenario presented by jbluhm where - on Baker's 5th year contract - the Browns draft a younger guy to groom to replace him with. I can see the Browns coaching staff and front office thinking "We believe in this offensive system. You don't need a superstar to run it. You don't need a guy you have to pay $30-40 mill a year. Find us a guy in the draft who is smart and can go through progressions better than Baker."
-
I don't want to give up on Baker, and he will be here next season.
That said, I also wouldn't be against drafting a QB in say round 2 as a back-up plan for the following year in the event the team camp and the baker camp have differing views of his worth.
People keep saying we are built to win now. maybe so, but with all the 1 year deals on the books, as of this time we aren't built to do that next year.
-
I don't want to give up on Baker, and he will be here next season.
That said, I also wouldn't be against drafting a QB in say round 2 as a back-up plan for the following year in the event the team camp and the baker camp have differing views of his worth.
People keep saying we are built to win now. maybe so, but with all the 1 year deals on the books, as of this time we aren't built to do that next year.
I don't want to give up on Baker, and he will be here next season.
That said, I also wouldn't be against drafting a QB in say round 2 as a back-up plan for the following year in the event the team camp and the baker camp have differing views of his worth.
People keep saying we are built to win now. maybe so, but with all the 1 year deals on the books, as of this time we aren't built to do that next year.
Our core is Garrett, Chubb, Ward, Bitonio, Teller.
Age and contract status of the group suggest drafting a developmental type in Day 2 or 3 and hanging onto that guy hoping the developmental QB is competent in two years and good in three. It would be time to hit the reset button with the other pieces.
So next year it is one read Baker
Year 2 is new guy
Year 3 we are hopefully rolling along.
What’s the other plan?
-
Anybody can get lucky, but drafting a day 3 QB to develop isn't something I would bank on.
Let's be real here....day 1 QB's have a high failure rate. Ours was the #1 overall pick and while no where near a bust, at least 2 of the QBs taken after him are easily better QB's, this point and most probably moving forward.
I think the 2023 draft class is where you want to find a QB...i see us trading down several times to add picks for the 2023 draft.
-
Baker talks the talk, but can’t walk the walk.
translation - he just can’t get it done, especially in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.not last year.
Baker Mayfield thrived late in games in 2020, but it’s been a struggle this season
Updated: Dec. 28, 2021, 12:12 p.m. | Published: Dec. 28, 2021, 12:10 p.m. -
Baker talks the talk, but can’t walk the walk.
translation - he just can’t get it done, especially in the 4th quarter with the game on the line.not last year.
Baker Mayfield thrived late in games in 2020, but it’s been a struggle this season
Updated: Dec. 28, 2021, 12:12 p.m. | Published: Dec. 28, 2021, 12:10 p.m.not last year.
Baker Mayfield thrived late in games in 2020, but it’s been a struggle this season
Updated: Dec. 28, 2021, 12:12 p.m. | Published: Dec. 28, 2021, 12:10 p.m.Last year was last year, the NFL is a what have you done lately. Facts say he has held this team back,stop with the excuses, bottom line, he fucking blows
-
not last year.
Baker Mayfield thrived late in games in 2020, but it’s been a struggle this season
Updated: Dec. 28, 2021, 12:12 p.m. | Published: Dec. 28, 2021, 12:10 p.m.Last year was last year, the NFL is a what have you done lately. Facts say he has held this team back,stop with the excuses, bottom line, he fucking blows
-
-
-
-
Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.
Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty.
-
Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.
Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty.
Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.
Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty.
Sounds like Derelict Anderception 2.0
-
Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.
Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty.
Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.
Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty.
I'll be watching Friday (already have the DVR set to record) when the outmanned Bearcats take on the 'Tide. I'm well aware of him. They pull off the upset, and Ridder hits the first round.
But please, keep that abominable garbage on a pile of spaghetti noodles well south of Columbus. As I like to paraphrase Skyline's competition- Gold Star... "The taste will make you vomit".
-
Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.
Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty.
Any Desmond Ridder love round here? I’m mildly intrigued that the Browns could draft him after the first round, but l’m not sure he’ll last that long. He’s a tall dude with a Mega Man arm. My daughter goes to UC so we’re pretty stoked about the Bearcats this year and he’s been a big part of their success.
Plus he could bring lots of Skyline chili to the Browns and that might be the cosmic missing piece of the puzzle that propels them into a multiple Superbowl winning dynasty.
Please leave that insult to chili down in Cincinnati, please. ?
Edit: It appears hoorta beat me to this...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login