Skip to content

★ NFL WEEK 16 ★ Win or else, again • CLEVELAND  +7½  at  GB Saturday  on FOX 4:30  ET  Buck and Aikman

The Browns Board
69 18 2.3k
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    TENNESSEE 20  SAN FRANCISCO  17,  Final.  So there you go.......

  • @falcon7 said:

    I will take GB and give 20 points. 

    I might just take that for big money.

    1oz-gold-maple-reverse-2014.jpg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #9

    @mjp28 said:

    I might just take that for big money.

    1oz-gold-maple-reverse-2014.jpg

    I could see the Browns losing this by 21. EDIT: In fact Adams will get 21 himself. The Browns maybe score 10.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #10

    Cleveland is embracing the obstacles of the roster fluidity that have arisen as a result of numerous positive COVID-19 tests from the last two weeks.

    players back from the reserve/COVID-19 list — 

    TE Austin Hooper,

    S Grant Delpit,

    LB Jacob Phillips 

    James Hudson III have been among them —

     Head coach Kevin Stefanski said he hopes all players activated from the list in time will be able to play, but it's no certainty, and the Browns are truly preparing for all scenarios.

    Stefanski said he is certain that

    WR Jarvis Landry and T Jedrick Wills Jr. will both be able to be activated Friday as their 10-day period expires.

    QB Baker Mayfield,

    DT Malik McDowell 

    DE Ifeadi Odenigbo will be eligible to be activated Saturday if they aren't already activated Friday

    Stefanski said the Browns have transportation options ready to get them to Green Bay in time for the game if they're not able to be activated before the team plane departs from Cleveland.

    Other key players on the list include

    C JC Tretter — who was added to the list Thursday — 

    DE Jadeveon Clowney,

    S Ronnie Harrison Jr.,

    QB Case Keenum  

    LBs Mack Wilson and Tony Fields II, among others.

    Those players will only have a chance to play Saturday if they're able to test out of the protocols because their 10-day period won't expire before the game.

    RB Kareem Hunt (ankle) and CB Greg Newsome II (concussion) are on the list, too, but have already been deemed unlikely to play by Stefanski due to their injuries.

    S John Johnson III (hamstring) was officially ruled out Thursday

    Browns PK Chase McLaughlin going on COVID reserve. Browns will promote PK Chris Naggar from practice squad for his first ever NFL game.

  • @mjp28 said:

    I might just take that for big money.

    1oz-gold-maple-reverse-2014.jpg

    I could see the Browns losing this by 21. EDIT: In fact Adams will get 21 himself. The Browns maybe score 10.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @texasag1969 said:

    I could see the Browns losing this by 21. EDIT: In fact Adams will get 21 himself. The Browns maybe score 10.

    I'll take a lap in a speedo around First Energy Stadium - and post the video of me doing it - if this Browns team goes to Green Bay and beats the Packers tomorrow.   

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Getting ready for the rush 4 package and Rodgers sitting in a clean pocket wiping sweat from his chin and finding all the soft spots in our zone. 
     

    We need to completely change it up to have a shot.

    Fake Punt.

    Zero blitz hitting Rodgers and knocking him out of the game.

    Call an aggressive gameplan on offense 

    No turnovers

    Refs giving us a few favorable calls 

    I think we are going to be spared the Speedo run.

  • Getting ready for the rush 4 package and Rodgers sitting in a clean pocket wiping sweat from his chin and finding all the soft spots in our zone. 
     

    We need to completely change it up to have a shot.

    Fake Punt.

    Zero blitz hitting Rodgers and knocking him out of the game.

    Call an aggressive gameplan on offense 

    No turnovers

    Refs giving us a few favorable calls 

    I think we are going to be spared the Speedo run.

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Getting ready for the rush 4 package and Rodgers sitting in a clean pocket wiping sweat from his chin and finding all the soft spots in our zone. 
     

    We need to completely change it up to have a shot.

    Fake Punt.

    Zero blitz hitting Rodgers and knocking him out of the game.

    Call an aggressive gameplan on offense 

    No turnovers

    Refs giving us a few favorable calls 

    I think we are going to be spared the Speedo run.

    a fake punt I do not remember us doing one in the past decade

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Getting ready for the rush 4 package and Rodgers sitting in a clean pocket wiping sweat from his chin and finding all the soft spots in our zone. 
     

    We need to completely change it up to have a shot.

    Fake Punt.

    Zero blitz hitting Rodgers and knocking him out of the game.

    Call an aggressive gameplan on offense 

    No turnovers

    Refs giving us a few favorable calls 

    I think we are going to be spared the Speedo run.

    a fake punt I do not remember us doing one in the past decade

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @atom said:

    a fake punt I do not remember us doing one in the past decade

    You got me thinking well that hurt so I looked it up..... Sept 13, 2020 and Sept 12, 2021.....both were disasters.

    Screenshot_2021-12-24_141143.jpg

  • S Silver slayer wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Just arrived in GB, Heading to Lambeau tomorrow. Always wanted to see a game here ?

  • Just arrived in GB, Heading to Lambeau tomorrow. Always wanted to see a game here ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @silver-slayer said:

    Just arrived in GB, Heading to Lambeau tomorrow. Always wanted to see a game here ?

    Wow, fantastic !  Now a BROWNS win would make it a Classic !

  • @mjp28 said:

    I might just take that for big money.

    1oz-gold-maple-reverse-2014.jpg

    I could see the Browns losing this by 21. EDIT: In fact Adams will get 21 himself. The Browns maybe score 10.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @texasag1969 said:

    I could see the Browns losing this by 21. EDIT: In fact Adams will get 21 himself. The Browns maybe score 10.

    That's why they play the game...  In this whacky season, anything can happen. Last week, if you had predicted the Lions beating the Cardinals by three scores, people would have said give me some of whatever you're smoking.  🙂  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I could see the Browns losing this by 21. EDIT: In fact Adams will get 21 himself. The Browns maybe score 10.

    That's why they play the game...  In this whacky season, anything can happen. Last week, if you had predicted the Lions beating the Cardinals by three scores, people would have said give me some of whatever you're smoking.  🙂  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @hoorta said:

    That's why they play the game...  In this whacky season, anything can happen. Last week, if you had predicted the Lions beating the Cardinals by three scores, people would have said give me some of whatever you're smoking.  🙂  

    If you are expecting something similar from the Browns.......................................??....................?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Well the reminder of the AFCN games will be at  1 pm -and- 4:25 pm on Sunday.    Baltimore at Cincinnati  and  Pittsburgh at Kansas City.

    If the BROWNS' can pull off what it seems like it would be the game of the century by some here it would be a very interesting Sunday of football.

    GO BROWNS !   And a MERRY CHRISTMAS ? GUYS.    Kick back and enjoy some football.

    Screenshot_2021-12-24_220626.jpg

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #20

    .  If you're wondering if this video is really worth your time.. yes.

    A lot of the really bad takes on analytics on this forum are blaming the outcome of the 4th down play on the entire notion of analytics.  Much of this season the Browns made the right decision but had bad execution of the play [or a bad playcall].

  • .  If you're wondering if this video is really worth your time.. yes.

    A lot of the really bad takes on analytics on this forum are blaming the outcome of the 4th down play on the entire notion of analytics.  Much of this season the Browns made the right decision but had bad execution of the play [or a bad playcall].

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #21

    @unsympathetic said:

    .  If you're wondering if this video is really worth your time.. yes.

    A lot of the really bad takes on analytics on this forum are blaming the outcome of the 4th down play on the entire notion of analytics.  Much of this season the Browns made the right decision but had bad execution of the play [or a bad playcall].

    No problem with the call.

    I always believe big moments ball needs to go to your best guys.  That’s Chubb and Hunt. Add Landry today.  Hunt is out so it is Chubb and Landry when we need a play.  Don’t overcomplicate it don’t try to fool the other team. 

    I was more upset by the predictability throughout most of the game…running into 8 man fronts on 1st and 2nd down and then putting a new QB in 3rd and unmanageable (where the Raiders knew we were throwing)

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Getting ready for the rush 4 package and Rodgers sitting in a clean pocket wiping sweat from his chin and finding all the soft spots in our zone. 
     

    We need to completely change it up to have a shot.

    Fake Punt.

    Zero blitz hitting Rodgers and knocking him out of the game.

    Call an aggressive gameplan on offense 

    No turnovers

    Refs giving us a few favorable calls 

    I think we are going to be spared the Speedo run.

    a fake punt I do not remember us doing one in the past decade

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #22

    @atom said:

    a fake punt I do not remember us doing one in the past decade

    No but the desperate(?) raiders pulled it off on us last week against our special teams HC 

  • B Browns fan 1977 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Does anyone need a you tube link for the game today 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    .  If you're wondering if this video is really worth your time.. yes.

    A lot of the really bad takes on analytics on this forum are blaming the outcome of the 4th down play on the entire notion of analytics.  Much of this season the Browns made the right decision but had bad execution of the play [or a bad playcall].

    No problem with the call.

    I always believe big moments ball needs to go to your best guys.  That’s Chubb and Hunt. Add Landry today.  Hunt is out so it is Chubb and Landry when we need a play.  Don’t overcomplicate it don’t try to fool the other team. 

    I was more upset by the predictability throughout most of the game…running into 8 man fronts on 1st and 2nd down and then putting a new QB in 3rd and unmanageable (where the Raiders knew we were throwing)

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I was more upset by the predictability throughout most of the game…running into 8 man fronts on 1st and 2nd down and then putting a new QB in 3rd and unmanageable (where the Raiders knew we were throwing)

    Interesting take, because that's exactly what you wanted the coaches to call during the first Ravens game.

    I even went back and upvoted the post as a reminder.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I was more upset by the predictability throughout most of the game…running into 8 man fronts on 1st and 2nd down and then putting a new QB in 3rd and unmanageable (where the Raiders knew we were throwing)

    Interesting take, because that's exactly what you wanted the coaches to call during the first Ravens game.

    I even went back and upvoted the post as a reminder.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #25

    @tiamat63 said:

    Interesting take, because that's exactly what you wanted the coaches to call during the first Ravens game.

    I even went back and upvoted the post as a reminder.

    Yeah. Different game.

    And You had Abrams run blitzing on early downs.

    How about a playaction on first down?  
     

    Or Chubb screen play like that…

  • B Browns fan 1977 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    dink and dunk passes right of rip[

  • B Browns fan 1977 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Why do we even have a fucking kicker? I mean really? Go for fucking 2