Skip to content

You're the GM...

The Browns Board
165 33 6.8k 1
  • Get a new HC.. Shitpantski blows

  • I'd love to get better on the DLine... tougher inside with a starting caliberDT and add a young, pass rusher opposite Myles at DE. 

    A MLB who is stouter vs the run than Walker. 

    Two starting caliber WRs to join DJP. 

    Some developmental OLinemen, and possibly a new starter at RT. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'd love to get better on the DLine... tougher inside with a starting caliberDT and add a young, pass rusher opposite Myles at DE. 

    A MLB who is stouter vs the run than Walker. 

    Two starting caliber WRs to join DJP. 

    Some developmental OLinemen, and possibly a new starter at RT. 

    Co-sign…but most importantly I need a new QB…and They need to have a long talk with Stefanski and his need/desire to call plays 

  • Get a new HC.. Shitpantski blows

    @nickers said:

    Get a new HC.. Shitpantski blows

    he needs to pass over play calling 

  • @browns149 said:

    Are you keep the same QB?

    who else you gonna get ya i would roll with a healthy baker for another year also i hear he is not going to play vs the bungals

    @atom said:

    who else you gonna get ya i would roll with a healthy baker for another year also i hear he is not going to play vs the bungals

    Someone that can get past the first read and at the very least can manage a game with this run attack and utilize play action.

     I think we can find someone.

  • @atom said:

    who else you gonna get ya i would roll with a healthy baker for another year also i hear he is not going to play vs the bungals

    Someone that can get past the first read and at the very least can manage a game with this run attack and utilize play action.

     I think we can find someone.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Someone that can get past the first read and at the very least can manage a game with this run attack and utilize play action.

     I think we can find someone.

    who ? is he on are roster right now ? do we tank for a qb in the 2023 draft ?  cause i still do not see a 2nd tier qb that is any better than baker when healthy 

  • @browns149 said:

    Are you keep the same QB?

    who else you gonna get ya i would roll with a healthy baker for another year also i hear he is not going to play vs the bungals

    @atom said:

    who else you gonna get ya i would roll with a healthy baker for another year also i hear he is not going to play vs the bungals

    I would roll with Baker also, but does he want to be here?

  • @atom said:

    who else you gonna get ya i would roll with a healthy baker for another year also i hear he is not going to play vs the bungals

    I would roll with Baker also, but does he want to be here?

    @browns149 said:

    I would roll with Baker also, but does he want to be here?

    im sure he doesnt let the outside bullshit get to him ,His wife yes she sure does and she needs someone to watch over and monitor  her twitter account 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Someone that can get past the first read and at the very least can manage a game with this run attack and utilize play action.

     I think we can find someone.

    who ? is he on are roster right now ? do we tank for a qb in the 2023 draft ?  cause i still do not see a 2nd tier qb that is any better than baker when healthy 

    @atom said:

    who ? is he on are roster right now ? do we tank for a qb in the 2023 draft ?  cause i still do not see a 2nd tier qb that is any better than baker when healthy 

    Let’s see a list come draft and FA time.

    Baker has thrown the most INTs of any QB since 2018.  We can’t have that period….and I’m positive we can improve  upon that without even seeing a list 

  • @atom said:

    who ? is he on are roster right now ? do we tank for a qb in the 2023 draft ?  cause i still do not see a 2nd tier qb that is any better than baker when healthy 

    Let’s see a list come draft and FA time.

    Baker has thrown the most INTs of any QB since 2018.  We can’t have that period….and I’m positive we can improve  upon that without even seeing a list 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Let’s see a list come draft and FA time.

    Baker has thrown the most INTs of any QB since 2018.  We can’t have that period….and I’m positive we can improve  upon that without even seeing a list 

    o.k then well see

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Let’s see a list come draft and FA time.

    Baker has thrown the most INTs of any QB since 2018.  We can’t have that period….and I’m positive we can improve  upon that without even seeing a list 

    o.k then well see

    @atom said:

    o.k then well see

    And He played like a bad rookie this year.

    for everyone not wanting to “start over”

  • @atom said:

    o.k then well see

    And He played like a bad rookie this year.

    for everyone not wanting to “start over”

    @sdbacker80 said:

    And He played like a bad rookie this year.

    for everyone not wanting to “start over”

    but being beat to hell had nothing to do with it ?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    And He played like a bad rookie this year.

    for everyone not wanting to “start over”

    but being beat to hell had nothing to do with it ?

    @atom said:

    but being beat to hell had nothing to do with it ?

    We have had plenty of film study presented on this forum and other places showing the WTF moments he’s had on a regular basis from a clean pocket.

    I gave him excuses too.  

  • @atom said:

    but being beat to hell had nothing to do with it ?

    We have had plenty of film study presented on this forum and other places showing the WTF moments he’s had on a regular basis from a clean pocket.

    I gave him excuses too.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We have had plenty of film study presented on this forum and other places showing the WTF moments he’s had on a regular basis from a clean pocket.

    I gave him excuses too.  

    yup and i have those also from other qb's in the league 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    We have had plenty of film study presented on this forum and other places showing the WTF moments he’s had on a regular basis from a clean pocket.

    I gave him excuses too.  

    yup and i have those also from other qb's in the league 

    @atom said:

    yup and i have those also from other qb's in the league 

    So run it back next year maybe we will go 9-8. 

  • @atom said:

    yup and i have those also from other qb's in the league 

    So run it back next year maybe we will go 9-8. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    So run it back next year maybe we will go 9-8. 

    and win the north 

  • You're the GM...

    I'd first want to change the culture of going for it all the time on 4th down.  This would be a lengthy discussion of situations and distances.

    I would view my QB situation as an area of concern.  I would weigh any and all options with that position.  This year's and next year's draft classes, free agents to be, possible trades for a veteran, any and all would be weighed against staying with Baker.  Although Baker can be good...he can also be quite bad. His decision making can be quite bad, like passing up a wide open Njoku who's past the sticks for a shot at a guy farther upfield with a tighter window.  I harken back to early in the season when on 3rd down he had Felton standing on the sidelines, 2 yards past the sticks, nobody anywhere near him, and he DIDN'T throw it to him.  He looked right at Felton, but Instead tried to run and was tackled well short and we had to punt.  I thought it was quite selfish and dumb.  We need smart at QB.

    I'd have to evaluate my Center position.  Do I have someone that will be able to take over for Tretter?

    Obviously, the RT position.  Do we have a successor for Conklin?  Is Conklin going to be ok?  Should I consider moving Wills to RT?  Is he better suited there?  Is that just out of the question money-wise?

    We've gotta rework the WR position!  We need someone who commands attention.  We need to improve the talent there to such a degree that we don't need to have Higgins on the roster any more.  

    The TE position...Hooper has not been great like he was in Atlanta.  And we've gotta keep Njoku because he's the best we got.

    On D, maybe we can get Sheldon Richardson back (no we can't).  We'll need someone to replace Clowney if we don't keep him...and yet another pass rusher.  LB'er is another spot where replacements are needed.  And one can never have enough CB's.  -  I'd keep Denzell Ward.  I know he gets called Hospital Ward because he gets hurt...but what CB's don't get hurt.  He's freaking good!  Keep him!

    ....quite a lot to keep a look-out for...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'd love to get better on the DLine... tougher inside with a starting caliberDT and add a young, pass rusher opposite Myles at DE. 

    A MLB who is stouter vs the run than Walker. 

    Two starting caliber WRs to join DJP. 

    Some developmental OLinemen, and possibly a new starter at RT. 

    Co-sign…but most importantly I need a new QB…and They need to have a long talk with Stefanski and his need/desire to call plays 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Co-sign…but most importantly I need a new QB…and They need to have a long talk with Stefanski and his need/desire to call plays 

    Honestly, I'd love to move on from Baker.

    But I'm not moving on from Baker unless I'm 100% sure I've upgraded from Baker, and I just don't see a scenario right now where that realistically happens. 

  • Get a new HC.. Shitpantski blows

    @nickers said:

    Get a new HC.. Shitpantski blows

    Appropriate name

  • @browns149 said:

    I would roll with Baker also, but does he want to be here?

    im sure he doesnt let the outside bullshit get to him ,His wife yes she sure does and she needs someone to watch over and monitor  her twitter account 

    @atom said:

    im sure he doesnt let the outside bullshit get to him ,His wife yes she sure does and she needs someone to watch over and monitor  her twitter account 

    If he is OK with her posting her stuff, then he’s OK with doing what she says

  • @atom said:

    who else you gonna get ya i would roll with a healthy baker for another year also i hear he is not going to play vs the bungals

    I would roll with Baker also, but does he want to be here?

    @browns149 said:

    I would roll with Baker also, but does he want to be here?

    I think he certainly does. I believe he wants to be the guy to fully turn this thing around. Pretty darn close last season.

    @atom said:

    im sure he doesnt let the outside bullshit get to him ,His wife yes she sure does and she needs someone to watch over and monitor  her twitter account 

    Lol...that's Baker's #1 problem, he does let outside BS get to him. I think he needs to shut down the noise from commentators, social media, etc. Not an easy thing to do in this day & age. 

    To answer the original question of what would I do as GM.....

    • trust your scouting department & stick to your big board at the draft
    • most importantly, build your team to win the AFC North- I don't think they're that far away, even though this season was a dud
    • don't overpay for a QB in free agency. 2020 showed Baker was more than adequate
    • depth on the D line and LB; easy to say now, but they should have kept Ogunjobi
    • kicker- my concern there is both Siebert & Zane Gonzalez were drafted, and couldn't handle it. 
    • agree with Orion...the constant 4th down gambles aren't necessary. Kick the damn FG early on in road games especially, this team was unable to come from behind
    • DO NOT RAISE TICKET PRICES (although I know that's not on the GM)