Skip to content

You're the GM...

The Browns Board
165 33 6.8k 1
  • You're the GM...

    I'd first want to change the culture of going for it all the time on 4th down.  This would be a lengthy discussion of situations and distances.

    I would view my QB situation as an area of concern.  I would weigh any and all options with that position.  This year's and next year's draft classes, free agents to be, possible trades for a veteran, any and all would be weighed against staying with Baker.  Although Baker can be good...he can also be quite bad. His decision making can be quite bad, like passing up a wide open Njoku who's past the sticks for a shot at a guy farther upfield with a tighter window.  I harken back to early in the season when on 3rd down he had Felton standing on the sidelines, 2 yards past the sticks, nobody anywhere near him, and he DIDN'T throw it to him.  He looked right at Felton, but Instead tried to run and was tackled well short and we had to punt.  I thought it was quite selfish and dumb.  We need smart at QB.

    I'd have to evaluate my Center position.  Do I have someone that will be able to take over for Tretter?

    Obviously, the RT position.  Do we have a successor for Conklin?  Is Conklin going to be ok?  Should I consider moving Wills to RT?  Is he better suited there?  Is that just out of the question money-wise?

    We've gotta rework the WR position!  We need someone who commands attention.  We need to improve the talent there to such a degree that we don't need to have Higgins on the roster any more.  

    The TE position...Hooper has not been great like he was in Atlanta.  And we've gotta keep Njoku because he's the best we got.

    On D, maybe we can get Sheldon Richardson back (no we can't).  We'll need someone to replace Clowney if we don't keep him...and yet another pass rusher.  LB'er is another spot where replacements are needed.  And one can never have enough CB's.  -  I'd keep Denzell Ward.  I know he gets called Hospital Ward because he gets hurt...but what CB's don't get hurt.  He's freaking good!  Keep him!

    ....quite a lot to keep a look-out for...

    @orion said:

    You're the GM...

    I'd first want to change the culture of going for it all the time on 4th down.  This would be a lengthy discussion of situations and distances.

    I would view my QB situation as an area of concern.  I would weigh any and all options with that position.  This year's and next year's draft classes, free agents to be, possible trades for a veteran, any and all would be weighed against staying with Baker.  Although Baker can be good...he can also be quite bad. His decision making can be quite bad, like passing up a wide open Njoku who's past the sticks for a shot at a guy farther upfield with a tighter window.  I harken back to early in the season when on 3rd down he had Felton standing on the sidelines, 2 yards past the sticks, nobody anywhere near him, and he DIDN'T throw it to him.  He looked right at Felton, but Instead tried to run and was tackled well short and we had to punt.  I thought it was quite selfish and dumb.  We need smart at QB.

    I'd have to evaluate my Center position.  Do I have someone that will be able to take over for Tretter?

    Obviously, the RT position.  Do we have a successor for Conklin?  Is Conklin going to be ok?  Should I consider moving Wills to RT?  Is he better suited there?  Is that just out of the question money-wise?

    We've gotta rework the WR position!  We need someone who commands attention.  We need to improve the talent there to such a degree that we don't need to have Higgins on the roster any more.  

    The TE position...Hooper has not been great like he was in Atlanta.  And we've gotta keep Njoku because he's the best we got.

    On D, maybe we can get Sheldon Richardson back (no we can't).  We'll need someone to replace Clowney if we don't keep him...and yet another pass rusher.  LB'er is another spot where replacements are needed.  And one can never have enough CB's.  -  I'd keep Denzell Ward.  I know he gets called Hospital Ward because he gets hurt...but what CB's don't get hurt.  He's freaking good!  Keep him!

    ....quite a lot to keep a look-out for...

    Great analysis overall and comment on Baker, he hasn't shown the calmness of a franchise QB this season reflected in 0/5 game winning drives. The Chargers game was another example where he missed an open OBJ that would've given us a first down in the final drive. John Kosko of PFF's been saying this all season that Baker's performance has been subpar. Hooper's such a disappointment and I don't think we can cut him without taking a huge cap hit. WR also needs to be addressed.

  • If not Baker than who? Not like this draft has anyone salivating over a qb. As someone else mentioned. Carr would be a possibility. 

    A strong MLB. Maybe prying Bobby Wagner away from Seattle to mentor and solidify our lb's.  Go after another  lb in the draft. Unless you think Phillips is the answer. Smith is getting old. And ev1 seems down on Wilson.

    Need  some beef in the middle, Tonia? Will he develop? Again someone said Richardson. Need the space eaters.

    Finally a #1 receiver that can stay healthy.  Seems to be some in this draft, and we might be in position to get one. But do we take that chance hoping he's the next Chase/Jefferson. I guess  they could be if our Qb play is up to it. 

    D coordinator..I'm not sold on Woods. Yes we had injuries, but all that talent...

    3great rb's  d earnest is a urfa  do we k÷p him? Great motor and runs hard and seems to be durable.

    Let Stef coach and that's it.

  • If not Baker than who? Not like this draft has anyone salivating over a qb. As someone else mentioned. Carr would be a possibility. 

    A strong MLB. Maybe prying Bobby Wagner away from Seattle to mentor and solidify our lb's.  Go after another  lb in the draft. Unless you think Phillips is the answer. Smith is getting old. And ev1 seems down on Wilson.

    Need  some beef in the middle, Tonia? Will he develop? Again someone said Richardson. Need the space eaters.

    Finally a #1 receiver that can stay healthy.  Seems to be some in this draft, and we might be in position to get one. But do we take that chance hoping he's the next Chase/Jefferson. I guess  they could be if our Qb play is up to it. 

    D coordinator..I'm not sold on Woods. Yes we had injuries, but all that talent...

    3great rb's  d earnest is a urfa  do we k÷p him? Great motor and runs hard and seems to be durable.

    Let Stef coach and that's it.

    @blitzz2 said:

    1) A strong MLB.

    2) Need  some beef in the middle, Tonia? Will he develop? Again someone said Richardson. Need the space eaters.

    3) Finally a #1 receiver that can stay healthy.  Seems to be some in this draft, and we might be in position to get one. But do we take that chance hoping he's the next Chase/Jefferson. I guess  they could be if our Qb play is up to it. 

    4) 3great rb's  d earnest is a urfa  do we k÷p him? Great motor and runs hard and seems to be durable.

    Been awhile..good to see ya back..

    1) not a good draft class for inside backers.. slim in FA's also..

    2) If Berry had to do the Malik Jackson deal over again? Raiders DT Johnathan Hankins worked for 3.5M. Jackson 3.75M.. Both Jackson/Hankins become free again at end of season..Hankins wrecked our ? when he played us... I'd be sure to boost Hankins, Raiders keeping price.. Raiders have over 20 FA's to rework..Hankins ate our space.. edit-- Malik McDowell is a ERFA.. good motor that I'd keep on roster in 2022

    3) WR1.. feature WR's.. you'd prefer drafting them.. Wingspan... with the catching/hands ability to catch balls in his same area code...they won't all be perfect from #6..

    4) De'Ernest will be a R*fa.. restricted.. with a 2.7M market value... not all that bad if we had to match..while steep for a RB3  

  • @77bunghole said:

    I'm the GM??? There's really nothing the Clowns can do for the next 15 years plus other than to piss their pants in fear of Burrow's Bengals. Sorry guys and gals, I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's the truth. JaMarr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon, Chris Evans, CJ Uzomah, Jonah Williams, Trey Hendrickson, Sam Hubbard, DJ Reader, Larry Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Cam Sample, Khahlid Kareem, Joseph Ossai, Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt, Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, Evan McPhereson, etc., are all young up-and-coming stars that are 27 years of age or younger. If I'm not mistaken, the Bengals have the third(?) youngest team in the league and it's oozing of talent. The team is way, way under the salary cap and ownership has finally started signing a lot of the best free agents on the market the last two years. I don't see this trend ending. The Bengals are gonna rule this division for the next decade at minimum, so the best thing the Clown fanbase can do is to stock up on diapers and tissues. Y'all gonna need'em! 

     And... The trouble with the Bungles is they are too C H E A P!.. And will not keep all of the current players on their roster... But nice try....

  • @77bunghole said:

    I'm the GM??? There's really nothing the Clowns can do for the next 15 years plus other than to piss their pants in fear of Burrow's Bengals. Sorry guys and gals, I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's the truth. JaMarr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon, Chris Evans, CJ Uzomah, Jonah Williams, Trey Hendrickson, Sam Hubbard, DJ Reader, Larry Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Cam Sample, Khahlid Kareem, Joseph Ossai, Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt, Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, Evan McPhereson, etc., are all young up-and-coming stars that are 27 years of age or younger. If I'm not mistaken, the Bengals have the third(?) youngest team in the league and it's oozing of talent. The team is way, way under the salary cap and ownership has finally started signing a lot of the best free agents on the market the last two years. I don't see this trend ending. The Bengals are gonna rule this division for the next decade at minimum, so the best thing the Clown fanbase can do is to stock up on diapers and tissues. Y'all gonna need'em! 

     And... The trouble with the Bungles is they are too C H E A P!.. And will not keep all of the current players on their roster... But nice try....

    @nickers said:

     And... The trouble with the Bungles is they are too C H E A P!.. And will not keep all of the current players on their roster... But nice try....

    @nickers said:

     And... The trouble with the Bungles is they are too C H E A P!.. And will not keep all of the current players on their roster... But nice try....

    Hook, line and sinker!!!

  • @77bunghole said:

    fear of Burrow's Bengals.

    Sorry guys and gals, I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's the truth.

     JaMarr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon, Chris Evans, CJ Uzomah, Jonah Williams, Trey Hendrickson, Sam Hubbard, DJ Reader, Larry Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Cam Sample, Khahlid Kareem, Joseph Ossai, Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt, Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, Evan McPhereson, etc., are all young up-and-coming stars that are 27 years of age or younger.

    If I'm not mistaken, the Bengals have the third(?) youngest team in the league and it's oozing of talent. The team is way, way under the salary cap and ownership has finally started signing a lot of the best free agents on the market the last two years. I don't see this trend ending.

    The Bengals are gonna rule this division for the next decade at minimum, 

    we are to be in fear of what?  Joe Burrow is 0-3 versus the Browns in his career. 91.7 QBR  3 picks  12 sacks 

    Date Visitor     Home   Result Box Score
    11/07/2021 Cleveland Browns 41 @ Cincinnati Bengals 16 W Box
    10/25/2020 Cleveland Browns 37 @ Cincinnati Bengals 34 W Box
    09/17/2020 Cincinnati Bengals 30 @ Cleveland Browns 35 W Box
    12/29/2019 Cleveland Browns 23 @ Cincinnati Bengals 33 L Box
    12/08/2019 Cincinnati Bengals 19 @ Cleveland Browns 27 W Box
    freestar
    12/23/2018 Cincinnati Bengals 18 @ Cleveland Browns 26 W Box
    11/25/2018 Cleveland Browns 35 @ Cincinnati Bengals 20 W

    your team swept the Ravens & Steelers ?

    after this Sunday shall we leave you a broom ?  

  • @77bunghole said:

    I'm the GM??? There's really nothing the Clowns can do for the next 15 years plus other than to piss their pants in fear of Burrow's Bengals. Sorry guys and gals, I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's the truth. JaMarr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon, Chris Evans, CJ Uzomah, Jonah Williams, Trey Hendrickson, Sam Hubbard, DJ Reader, Larry Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Cam Sample, Khahlid Kareem, Joseph Ossai, Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt, Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, Evan McPhereson, etc., are all young up-and-coming stars that are 27 years of age or younger. If I'm not mistaken, the Bengals have the third(?) youngest team in the league and it's oozing of talent. The team is way, way under the salary cap and ownership has finally started signing a lot of the best free agents on the market the last two years. I don't see this trend ending. The Bengals are gonna rule this division for the next decade at minimum, so the best thing the Clown fanbase can do is to stock up on diapers and tissues. Y'all gonna need'em! 

    Yep, name checks out. 

  • @77bunghole said:

    I'm the GM??? There's really nothing the Clowns can do for the next 15 years plus other than to piss their pants in fear of Burrow's Bengals. Sorry guys and gals, I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but it's the truth. JaMarr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon, Chris Evans, CJ Uzomah, Jonah Williams, Trey Hendrickson, Sam Hubbard, DJ Reader, Larry Ogunjobi, BJ Hill, Cam Sample, Khahlid Kareem, Joseph Ossai, Logan Wilson, Germaine Pratt, Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, Evan McPhereson, etc., are all young up-and-coming stars that are 27 years of age or younger. If I'm not mistaken, the Bengals have the third(?) youngest team in the league and it's oozing of talent. The team is way, way under the salary cap and ownership has finally started signing a lot of the best free agents on the market the last two years. I don't see this trend ending. The Bengals are gonna rule this division for the next decade at minimum, so the best thing the Clown fanbase can do is to stock up on diapers and tissues. Y'all gonna need'em! 

     And... The trouble with the Bungles is they are too C H E A P!.. And will not keep all of the current players on their roster... But nice try....

    @nickers said:

     And... The trouble with the Bungles is they are too C H E A P!.. And will not keep all of the current players on their roster... But nice try....

    He's a Troll nickers...  I kicked him off....  

  • You're the GM...

    I'd first want to change the culture of going for it all the time on 4th down.  This would be a lengthy discussion of situations and distances.

    I would view my QB situation as an area of concern.  I would weigh any and all options with that position.  This year's and next year's draft classes, free agents to be, possible trades for a veteran, any and all would be weighed against staying with Baker.  Although Baker can be good...he can also be quite bad. His decision making can be quite bad, like passing up a wide open Njoku who's past the sticks for a shot at a guy farther upfield with a tighter window.  I harken back to early in the season when on 3rd down he had Felton standing on the sidelines, 2 yards past the sticks, nobody anywhere near him, and he DIDN'T throw it to him.  He looked right at Felton, but Instead tried to run and was tackled well short and we had to punt.  I thought it was quite selfish and dumb.  We need smart at QB.

    I'd have to evaluate my Center position.  Do I have someone that will be able to take over for Tretter?

    Obviously, the RT position.  Do we have a successor for Conklin?  Is Conklin going to be ok?  Should I consider moving Wills to RT?  Is he better suited there?  Is that just out of the question money-wise?

    We've gotta rework the WR position!  We need someone who commands attention.  We need to improve the talent there to such a degree that we don't need to have Higgins on the roster any more.  

    The TE position...Hooper has not been great like he was in Atlanta.  And we've gotta keep Njoku because he's the best we got.

    On D, maybe we can get Sheldon Richardson back (no we can't).  We'll need someone to replace Clowney if we don't keep him...and yet another pass rusher.  LB'er is another spot where replacements are needed.  And one can never have enough CB's.  -  I'd keep Denzell Ward.  I know he gets called Hospital Ward because he gets hurt...but what CB's don't get hurt.  He's freaking good!  Keep him!

    ....quite a lot to keep a look-out for...

    @orion said:

    I'd have to evaluate my Center position.  Do I have someone that will be able to take over for Tretter? 

    Tretter self reported he's playing next season. Harris stays for depth

    Obviously, the RT position.  Do we have a successor for Conklin?  Is Conklin going to be ok?  Should I consider moving Wills to RT?  Is he better suited there?  Is that just out of the question money-wise?

    @7moses7 said:

    OT - weakest part of the OL Need 2

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    3. Keep an eye on Conklin's health - his 2022 isn't guaranteed and we will owe him $15 million - guys coming off patella tendon tears rarely work out, the numbers are staggering in terms of how many come back (if it all) and are effective. Sign a RT if it's not looking good and more depth to the o-line.

    Repeating drum beats ^^ 

    Bitonio received a extension until 2025..Joel's yearly AVG, is now up there with guys of the liking's of LT Taylor Lewan.. Joel started as a LT at Nevada..Smooth starts here when asked.. (length of contract dough$ slide)

    Moving Wills back to his Bama RT spot.. Leaves Hubbard or Hance playing LG... or Draft high... or dip into FA pool..

    The 'out' cap hit on Conklin is 9M in 2022.. miss 3 games to elbow disconnect.. come back to a patella tendon tear.. they do suck ! Jack turns 28 this august 

  • @orion said:

    I'd have to evaluate my Center position.  Do I have someone that will be able to take over for Tretter? 

    Tretter self reported he's playing next season. Harris stays for depth

    Obviously, the RT position.  Do we have a successor for Conklin?  Is Conklin going to be ok?  Should I consider moving Wills to RT?  Is he better suited there?  Is that just out of the question money-wise?

    @7moses7 said:

    OT - weakest part of the OL Need 2

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    3. Keep an eye on Conklin's health - his 2022 isn't guaranteed and we will owe him $15 million - guys coming off patella tendon tears rarely work out, the numbers are staggering in terms of how many come back (if it all) and are effective. Sign a RT if it's not looking good and more depth to the o-line.

    Repeating drum beats ^^ 

    Bitonio received a extension until 2025..Joel's yearly AVG, is now up there with guys of the liking's of LT Taylor Lewan.. Joel started as a LT at Nevada..Smooth starts here when asked.. (length of contract dough$ slide)

    Moving Wills back to his Bama RT spot.. Leaves Hubbard or Hance playing LG... or Draft high... or dip into FA pool..

    The 'out' cap hit on Conklin is 9M in 2022.. miss 3 games to elbow disconnect.. come back to a patella tendon tear.. they do suck ! Jack turns 28 this august 

    @gumby73 said:

    Repeating drum beats ^^ 

    Bitonio received a extension until 2025..Joel's yearly AVG, is now up there with guys of the liking's of LT Taylor Lewan.. Joel started as a LT at Nevada..Smooth starts here when asked.. (length of contract dough$ slide)

    Moving Wills back to his Bama RT spot.. Leaves Hubbard or Hance playing LG... or Draft high... or dip into FA pool..

    The 'out' cap hit on Conklin is 9M in 2022.. miss 3 games to elbow disconnect.. come back to a patella tendon tear.. they do suck ! Jack turns 28 this august 

    The idea of Wills back to RT doesn't terrify me.  Although it undoes all the work he's put in the last 2 years.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Repeating drum beats ^^ 

    Bitonio received a extension until 2025..Joel's yearly AVG, is now up there with guys of the liking's of LT Taylor Lewan.. Joel started as a LT at Nevada..Smooth starts here when asked.. (length of contract dough$ slide)

    Moving Wills back to his Bama RT spot.. Leaves Hubbard or Hance playing LG... or Draft high... or dip into FA pool..

    The 'out' cap hit on Conklin is 9M in 2022.. miss 3 games to elbow disconnect.. come back to a patella tendon tear.. they do suck ! Jack turns 28 this august 

    The idea of Wills back to RT doesn't terrify me.  Although it undoes all the work he's put in the last 2 years.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The idea of Wills back to RT doesn't terrify me.  Although it undoes all the work he's put in the last 2 years.

    He'd get back into the RT groove in no time I'm sure.  The bigger problem is we'd have created a need at LT, which is no easy fix.

  • Anyone can pull out a single stat to fit a narrative (i.e. most INT in league 1st 4 years). And sure, that is not a good thing at all.

    But it can also be put into perspective from another view.

    81 vs 56. Anyone know what that is? 1st 4 years of INT for Peyton Manning vs. Baker Mayfield. You say sure, but what about TD passes in that time frame. 111 vs. 92. How about TD to INT ratio. 1.37 vs. 1.64. How about INT per attempt: 27.48 vs. 34.36

    That is NOT to say Baker Mayfield is anywhere near as good as Peyton, but to continue to make like that is the worst thing ever is only looking at something with a pre conceived narrative. And that is just one example. 

    Or, you want another stat to show how a narrative can be used. The 1st 2 games (before injury), Baker lead the NFL in completion %. 

    Or just go off your own thoughts (if you are being honest), who here thought Browns were a sub .500 team before the season? Who thought that after the Chiefs game? Im sure almost all here thought this was a VERY good team. I wonder what happened? Or if you don't want to acknowledge any injury to BM, fine. Just a coincidence.

    Baker could or could not be the guy going forward, because I absolutely have a whole lot of experience watching game film (not saying anything bad about anyone else btw). But to put the majority of the blame on BM is crazy to me, especially with regards to the circumstances. There are a LOT of people/circumstances who shoulder the blame.

    Now I get the Rodgers, Wilson, Watson (if cleared) talk. But I have ZERO clue what anyone can see from Pickett that tells you he would be the answer. He may come into the NFL and be a HOF, but he has had 1 good year. 

    I will state it again, I am not saying BM is great, or even had a good year. Not saying he is the man for the job, and I won't be getting into any back and forth, you are entitled to your opinion/narrative as am I (even if I didn't give a definitive one).

    Have a good one fellas

  • Anyone can pull out a single stat to fit a narrative (i.e. most INT in league 1st 4 years). And sure, that is not a good thing at all.

    But it can also be put into perspective from another view.

    81 vs 56. Anyone know what that is? 1st 4 years of INT for Peyton Manning vs. Baker Mayfield. You say sure, but what about TD passes in that time frame. 111 vs. 92. How about TD to INT ratio. 1.37 vs. 1.64. How about INT per attempt: 27.48 vs. 34.36

    That is NOT to say Baker Mayfield is anywhere near as good as Peyton, but to continue to make like that is the worst thing ever is only looking at something with a pre conceived narrative. And that is just one example. 

    Or, you want another stat to show how a narrative can be used. The 1st 2 games (before injury), Baker lead the NFL in completion %. 

    Or just go off your own thoughts (if you are being honest), who here thought Browns were a sub .500 team before the season? Who thought that after the Chiefs game? Im sure almost all here thought this was a VERY good team. I wonder what happened? Or if you don't want to acknowledge any injury to BM, fine. Just a coincidence.

    Baker could or could not be the guy going forward, because I absolutely have a whole lot of experience watching game film (not saying anything bad about anyone else btw). But to put the majority of the blame on BM is crazy to me, especially with regards to the circumstances. There are a LOT of people/circumstances who shoulder the blame.

    Now I get the Rodgers, Wilson, Watson (if cleared) talk. But I have ZERO clue what anyone can see from Pickett that tells you he would be the answer. He may come into the NFL and be a HOF, but he has had 1 good year. 

    I will state it again, I am not saying BM is great, or even had a good year. Not saying he is the man for the job, and I won't be getting into any back and forth, you are entitled to your opinion/narrative as am I (even if I didn't give a definitive one).

    Have a good one fellas

    @gunz41 said:

    Anyone can pull out a single stat to fit a narrative (i.e. most INT in league 1st 4 years). And sure, that is not a good thing at all.

    But it can also be put into perspective from another view.

    81 vs 56. Anyone know what that is? 1st 4 years of INT for Peyton Manning vs. Baker Mayfield. You say sure, but what about TD passes in that time frame. 111 vs. 92. How about TD to INT ratio. 1.37 vs. 1.64. How about INT per attempt: 27.48 vs. 34.36

    That is NOT to say Baker Mayfield is anywhere near as good as Peyton, but to continue to make like that is the worst thing ever is only looking at something with a pre conceived narrative. And that is just one example. 

    Or, you want another stat to show how a narrative can be used. The 1st 2 games (before injury), Baker lead the NFL in completion %. 

    Or just go off your own thoughts (if you are being honest), who here thought Browns were a sub .500 team before the season? Who thought that after the Chiefs game? Im sure almost all here thought this was a VERY good team. I wonder what happened? Or if you don't want to acknowledge any injury to BM, fine. Just a coincidence.

    Baker could or could not be the guy going forward, because I absolutely have a whole lot of experience watching game film (not saying anything bad about anyone else btw). But to put the majority of the blame on BM is crazy to me, especially with regards to the circumstances. There are a LOT of people/circumstances who shoulder the blame.

    Now I get the Rodgers, Wilson, Watson (if cleared) talk. But I have ZERO clue what anyone can see from Pickett that tells you he would be the answer. He may come into the NFL and be a HOF, but he has had 1 good year. 

    I will state it again, I am not saying BM is great, or even had a good year. Not saying he is the man for the job, and I won't be getting into any back and forth, you are entitled to your opinion/narrative as am I (even if I didn't give a definitive one).

    Have a good one fellas

    You make the Manning vs. Baker comparison and then say it is not to say Baker is anywhere near as good as Peyton.  Well Why throw it out there.  
     

  • Why are folks writing off Conklin???- he’s not dead!!!  He’s 27.

    Jimmy Graham suffered one early in his career and was back kicking butt in 10 months. 

  • Don't shoot the messenger...

    First, some basic overall stuff:

    -The Browns can end up anywhere from 9th to 15th pick, ahead or behind any of the following teams: DEN, *ATL, *WAS, MIN, MIA, *NO     * have WR need

    -How they end up 15th: Browns win, Atlanta beats New Orleans, Patriots beat Dolphins, and either the Cardinals beat the Seahawks or the Texans beat the Titans

    -How they end up 9th: Need CIN-ATL-MIN-WAS-DEN (lost) wins. Need 3 of 4 wins from DET-HOU-BUF-MIA, but can do it with only 1 of those 4 if SEA beats ARI.

    10839628.thumb.png.1b4c570542a03484a0f357240381471f.png

       ⚠️   https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Cleveland-Browns-The-Playoff-Draft-Slot-Rooting-List-For-Week-18-179936986/#179936986_1  ⚠️ 

  • @nickers said:

     And... The trouble with the Bungles is they are too C H E A P!.. And will not keep all of the current players on their roster... But nice try....

    He's a Troll nickers...  I kicked him off....  

    @hoorta said:

    He's a Troll nickers...  I kicked him off....  

    Yeah , I figured as much

  • Why are folks writing off Conklin???- he’s not dead!!!  He’s 27.

    Jimmy Graham suffered one early in his career and was back kicking butt in 10 months. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Why are folks writing off Conklin???- he’s not dead!!!  He’s 27.

    Jimmy Graham suffered one early in his career and was back kicking butt in 10 months. 

     
    #BrownsNFL_2021_2020_Browns.png coach Kevin Stefanski said RT Jack Conklin had surgery to repair ruptured patellar tendon. Is in good spirits.
     
     
    1:03 PM ·* Dec 6, 2021
    Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak
    #Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said RT Jack Conklin had surgery to repair ruptured patellar tendon. Is in good spirits.
     ****He will now continue his road to recovery in hopes of being ready to return in time for the 2022 campaign.
     
    ready by June 1st is a thing.. Conklin has one more year left on his contract with Cleveland. If he struggles upon his return to health, the Browns could save $12 million in salary cap with only $3 million in dead money as a “post-June 1st” designated release. If he is not healthy, the team couldn’t cut him and save cap space.
     
     
  • @nickers said:

     And... The trouble with the Bungles is they are too C H E A P!.. And will not keep all of the current players on their roster... But nice try....

    He's a Troll nickers...  I kicked him off....  

    @hoorta said:

    He's a Troll nickers...  I kicked him off....  

    @nickers said:

    Yeah , I figured as much

    I thought nickers was the troll. LOL!?

  • @gunz41 said:

    Anyone can pull out a single stat to fit a narrative (i.e. most INT in league 1st 4 years). And sure, that is not a good thing at all.

    But it can also be put into perspective from another view.

    81 vs 56. Anyone know what that is? 1st 4 years of INT for Peyton Manning vs. Baker Mayfield. You say sure, but what about TD passes in that time frame. 111 vs. 92. How about TD to INT ratio. 1.37 vs. 1.64. How about INT per attempt: 27.48 vs. 34.36

    That is NOT to say Baker Mayfield is anywhere near as good as Peyton, but to continue to make like that is the worst thing ever is only looking at something with a pre conceived narrative. And that is just one example. 

    Or, you want another stat to show how a narrative can be used. The 1st 2 games (before injury), Baker lead the NFL in completion %. 

    Or just go off your own thoughts (if you are being honest), who here thought Browns were a sub .500 team before the season? Who thought that after the Chiefs game? Im sure almost all here thought this was a VERY good team. I wonder what happened? Or if you don't want to acknowledge any injury to BM, fine. Just a coincidence.

    Baker could or could not be the guy going forward, because I absolutely have a whole lot of experience watching game film (not saying anything bad about anyone else btw). But to put the majority of the blame on BM is crazy to me, especially with regards to the circumstances. There are a LOT of people/circumstances who shoulder the blame.

    Now I get the Rodgers, Wilson, Watson (if cleared) talk. But I have ZERO clue what anyone can see from Pickett that tells you he would be the answer. He may come into the NFL and be a HOF, but he has had 1 good year. 

    I will state it again, I am not saying BM is great, or even had a good year. Not saying he is the man for the job, and I won't be getting into any back and forth, you are entitled to your opinion/narrative as am I (even if I didn't give a definitive one).

    Have a good one fellas

    You make the Manning vs. Baker comparison and then say it is not to say Baker is anywhere near as good as Peyton.  Well Why throw it out there.  
     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    You make the Manning vs. Baker comparison and then say it is not to say Baker is anywhere near as good as Peyton.  Well Why throw it out there.  
     

    Because its based on a stat that you and others continue to reference, the # of INT Baker has thrown in 1st 4 years. 

    So using said stat to determine how bad Baker is means ZERO.

    If you want to continue to use that as the measuring stick, then go for it, but just giving it context to it.

    So again I will say it, PEYTON MANNING is/was 10 times better than Baker, he also threw WAY MORE INT than Baker 1st 4 years, more often, and a lower TD/INT ratio.

    So maybe, just maybe that is a misleading stat?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    You make the Manning vs. Baker comparison and then say it is not to say Baker is anywhere near as good as Peyton.  Well Why throw it out there.  
     

    Because its based on a stat that you and others continue to reference, the # of INT Baker has thrown in 1st 4 years. 

    So using said stat to determine how bad Baker is means ZERO.

    If you want to continue to use that as the measuring stick, then go for it, but just giving it context to it.

    So again I will say it, PEYTON MANNING is/was 10 times better than Baker, he also threw WAY MORE INT than Baker 1st 4 years, more often, and a lower TD/INT ratio.

    So maybe, just maybe that is a misleading stat?

    @gunz41 said:

    Because its based on a stat that you and others continue to reference, the # of INT Baker has thrown in 1st 4 years. 

    So using said stat to determine how bad Baker is means ZERO.

    If you want to continue to use that as the measuring stick, then go for it, but just giving it context to it.

    So again I will say it, PEYTON MANNING is/was 10 times better than Baker, he also threw WAY MORE INT than Baker 1st 4 years, more often, and a lower TD/INT ratio.

    So maybe, just maybe that is a misleading stat?

    So you pick one HOF QB that is comparable in regard to the stat brought up by others (me too) and that provides context that the stat means squat in showing Baker is bad? My claim is he hasn’t played well enough to be the Browns QB next season (based on a number of factors).

    And Maybe others were a little lazy and didn’t discuss other factors.

    I’ll maintain though having the most INTs of any QB the past four years definitely bolsters a claim that he’s bad and/or hasn’t played well enough.
     

     That is my claim- he hasn’t played well enough to be the QB of this team.