Skip to content

Free Agents

The Browns Board
32 15 1.8k 1
  • @hoorta said:

    Yes, and Landry wants to stay. I'm all for that, with a restructured contract.  🙂

    Well I just got my season ticket invoice....Browns raised my seats $200 to $1804 (from $1604). Of course, the $4 is for "processing" the order. Maybe they're paying Landry with the increases ?

    @bob806 said:

    Well I just got my season ticket invoice....Browns raised my seats $200 to $1804 (from $1604). Of course, the $4 is for "processing" the order. Maybe they're paying Landry with the increases ?

    Yup, we also got our invoice today...  10% price increase.... Keeping up with inflation. 😁 The pay up or else keeps getting earlier and earlier.   The installment plans keep getting worse by the year too...  Used to be 5 pay, now it's apparently down to 2 payments. Or... Nah, I'm not making payments for the 2023 season starting in September of 2022. 

    Looking at the blurb from WKYC, they're not dinging folks up in the nosebleeds nearly as bad as us denizens in the 100 level.  They didn't publicly announce it, but I'm willing to bet the premium in between the 30s, 100 level seats are approaching $200 a ticket, if they're not already there. Not so long ago, that was Club Seat prices.  For sure, those prices will keep the riffraff out of the preferred seating. 

  • @bob806 said:

    Well I just got my season ticket invoice....Browns raised my seats $200 to $1804 (from $1604). Of course, the $4 is for "processing" the order. Maybe they're paying Landry with the increases ?

    Yup, we also got our invoice today...  10% price increase.... Keeping up with inflation. 😁 The pay up or else keeps getting earlier and earlier.   The installment plans keep getting worse by the year too...  Used to be 5 pay, now it's apparently down to 2 payments. Or... Nah, I'm not making payments for the 2023 season starting in September of 2022. 

    Looking at the blurb from WKYC, they're not dinging folks up in the nosebleeds nearly as bad as us denizens in the 100 level.  They didn't publicly announce it, but I'm willing to bet the premium in between the 30s, 100 level seats are approaching $200 a ticket, if they're not already there. Not so long ago, that was Club Seat prices.  For sure, those prices will keep the riffraff out of the preferred seating. 

    @hoorta said:

    Yup, we also got our invoice today...  10% price increase.... Keeping up with inflation. 😁 The pay up or else keeps getting earlier and earlier.   The installment plans keep getting worse by the year too...  Used to be 5 pay, now it's apparently down to 2 payments. Or... Nah, I'm not making payments for the 2023 season starting in September of 2022. 

    Looking at the blurb from WKYC, they're not dinging folks up in the nosebleeds nearly as bad as us denizens in the 100 level.  They didn't publicly announce it, but I'm willing to bet the premium in between the 30s, 100 level seats are approaching $200 a ticket, if they're not already there. Not so long ago, that was Club Seat prices.  For sure, those prices will keep the riffraff out of the preferred seating. 

    Yes, I'm in the 1st row of 536, so I didn't get hit as hard as the lower bowl. My thing is, the prices increased $300 on mine for 2021, so that's $500 increase in just two seasons (I have a pair of seats).

    To be fair (& it's hard given the economy, pandemic stuff we all went through) the Browns didn't jack up prices for quite a few seasons, probably because of a 38-122 record from 2008-2017. But please don't do it again anytime soon. 

    One of my friends who moved here from Austin, Tx may have had a point. He told me our fan base is still snakebit from the 1995 move, and we are basically hostages to the team & NFL now. He also said Haslam could increase tickets $1000/season & we'd still pay it. Maybe he's right...just a different perspective on things.

  • A few numbers from  stastica  to try to put things in perspective. Right through the worst period of BROWNS football.......ever !  Loyal fans.

     https://www.statista.com/statistics/197966/nfl-average-ticket-price-for-cleveland-browns-games-since-2006

     I'm going to look at front office goodies later.

    Screenshot_2022-02-24_144214.jpg

    Screenshot_2022-02-24_144259.jpg

  • @hoorta said:

    Yup, we also got our invoice today...  10% price increase.... Keeping up with inflation. 😁 The pay up or else keeps getting earlier and earlier.   The installment plans keep getting worse by the year too...  Used to be 5 pay, now it's apparently down to 2 payments. Or... Nah, I'm not making payments for the 2023 season starting in September of 2022. 

    Looking at the blurb from WKYC, they're not dinging folks up in the nosebleeds nearly as bad as us denizens in the 100 level.  They didn't publicly announce it, but I'm willing to bet the premium in between the 30s, 100 level seats are approaching $200 a ticket, if they're not already there. Not so long ago, that was Club Seat prices.  For sure, those prices will keep the riffraff out of the preferred seating. 

    Yes, I'm in the 1st row of 536, so I didn't get hit as hard as the lower bowl. My thing is, the prices increased $300 on mine for 2021, so that's $500 increase in just two seasons (I have a pair of seats).

    To be fair (& it's hard given the economy, pandemic stuff we all went through) the Browns didn't jack up prices for quite a few seasons, probably because of a 38-122 record from 2008-2017. But please don't do it again anytime soon. 

    One of my friends who moved here from Austin, Tx may have had a point. He told me our fan base is still snakebit from the 1995 move, and we are basically hostages to the team & NFL now. He also said Haslam could increase tickets $1000/season & we'd still pay it. Maybe he's right...just a different perspective on things.

    @bob806 said:

    Yes, I'm in the 1st row of 536, so I didn't get hit as hard as the lower bowl. My thing is, the prices increased $300 on mine for 2021, so that's $500 increase in just two seasons (I have a pair of seats).

    Ouch!  You have my empathy.

  • @hx214 said:

    They need to dump Hooper and keep Njoku if they can.

    Clowney just strikes me as one of those guys that if you pay up for a multi year deal he sits back and takes it easy. 

    I suspect we're stuck with  Hooper 2022. $11 million dead cap hit. 

    Why has his (and others) OBJ, Landry's production gone south? Hmmm Baker? 

    Yes, and Landry wants to stay. I'm all for that, with a restructured contract.  🙂

    @hoorta said:

    I suspect we're stuck with  Hooper 2022. $11 million dead cap hit. 

    Why has his (and others) OBJ, Landry's production gone south? Hmmm Baker? 

    Yes, and Landry wants to stay. I'm all for that, with a restructured contract.  🙂

    I'm not sure if you watched Hooper much, but that guy dropped more passes that hit him in both hands than anybody I've ever seen. 

    Berry's worst signing by far. 

  • I want to retain Walker and Ronnie Harrison this year.   played well last season

  • I want to retain Walker and Ronnie Harrison this year.   played well last season

    @lbc-mike said:

    I want to retain Walker and Ronnie Harrison this year.   played well last season

    Walker played tentative last year.  Looked like he was shot out of a cannon at times for the Colts but consistently a step behind for us and I thought below average in pass coverage.

    Ronnie Harrison it could be argued pretty easily was our worst starter on defense last year.  It was the stupid plays and penalties he made and the plays he didn’t make…one in particular there was a key 4th down play in the Charger game they are backed up in their own territory and the Chargers go for it…watch his run fill on the play. 

  • @hx214 said:

    They need to dump Hooper and keep Njoku if they can.

    Clowney just strikes me as one of those guys that if you pay up for a multi year deal he sits back and takes it easy. 

    I suspect we're stuck with  Hooper 2022. $11 million dead cap hit. 

    Why has his (and others) OBJ, Landry's production gone south? Hmmm Baker? 

    Yes, and Landry wants to stay. I'm all for that, with a restructured contract.  🙂

    @hoorta said:

    I suspect we're stuck with  Hooper 2022. $11 million dead cap hit. 

    Why has his (and others) OBJ, Landry's production gone south? Hmmm Baker? 

    Yes, and Landry wants to stay. I'm all for that, with a restructured contract.  🙂

    I had a feeling feeling his numbers were going down,  i was wrong  his numbers are WAY DOWN from his glory years of 2018, 2019.  And when guys get stone hands their targets go way down too.  You can't trust them any more. 

    • Glossary
    • Toggle Per-Game Stats
      Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds        
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV Awards
    Career       88 57 408 298 3024 10.1 23 150 88 3.4 34.4 73.0% 7.4                 298 10.1 3024 23 0 27  
    4 yrs ATL     59 28 277 214 2244 10.5 16 105 88 3.6 38.0 77.3% 8.1                 214 10.5 2244 16 0 20  
    2 yrs CLE     29 29 131 84 780 9.3 7 45 36 2.9 26.9 64.1% 6.0                 84 9.3 780 7 0 7
    2016 22 ATL   81 14 3 27 19 271 14.3 3 16 44 1.4 19.4 70.4% 10.0                 19 14.3 271 3 0 3  
    2017 23 ATL te 81 16 8 65 49 526 10.7 3 18 88 3.1 32.9 75.4% 8.1                 49 10.7 526 3 0 5  
    2018* 24 ATL te 81 16 7 88 71 660 9.3 4 30 36 4.4 41.3 80.7% 7.5                 71 9.3 660 4 0 6 PB
    2019* 25 ATL TE 81 13 10 97 75 787 10.5 6 41 35 5.8 60.5 77.3% 8.1                 75 10.5 787 6 0 6 PB
    2020 26 CLE TE 81 13 13 70 46 435 9.5 4 27 36 3.5 33.5 65.7% 6.2                 46 9.5 435 4 0 4  
    2021 27 CLE TE 81 16 16 61 38 345 9.1 3 18 34 2.4 21.6 62.3% 5.7                 38 9.1 345 3 0 3  
  • And to continue with Larry's salary  news on Hopper,  he's getting well paid as a Cleveland Brown.  From Spotrac....

    Current Contract

    Austin Hooper signed a 4 year, $42,000,000 contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $23,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $10,500,000. In 2022, Hooper will earn a base salary of $9,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $13,250,000 and a dead cap value of $11,250,000.

    CONTRACT TERMS:4 yr(s) / $42,000,000 SIGNING BONUS$10,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$10,500,000 GTD AT SIGN:$18,500,000 TOTAL GTD:$23,000,000 FREE AGENT:2024 / UFA
      BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
    YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING OPTION CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
    2020 Contract details by year 26 $1,500,000 $2,500,000 - $4,000,000 $19,000,000 $11,629,505($11,629,505)  
    2021 Contract details by year 27 $4,500,000 $2,000,000 $1,750,000 $8,250,000 $19,500,000 $11,500,000($23,129,505)  
    2022 Contract details by year 28 $9,500,000 $2,000,000 $1,750,000 $13,250,000 $11,250,000 $9,500,000($32,629,505)  

    POTENTIAL OUT: 2023, 3 YR, $32,629,505; $7,500,000 DEAD CAP

    2023 Contract details by year 29 $9,500,000 $2,000,000 $1,750,000 $13,250,000 $7,500,000 $9,500,000($42,129,505)  
    2024 Contract details by year 30 - $2,000,000 $1,750,000 $3,750,000 $3,750,000 -  
    2024 Free Agent Year 31 UFA  
    Contract Notes:
    • $18.5M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2020 salary + 2021 option bonus)
    • 2021 Option Bonus: $7M (due 3/20/21)
    • 2021 salary fully guarantees on 3/19/2021 (injury guaranteed now)
  • images.jpg.204d2c373cb34d81adecb05675d57e08.jpg  Told several times he 'was not good enough'... 😛 Today, the Browns tendered D'Ernest for 2.43 million dollars. Congrats DJ !   

  • Austin Hooper's contract -- OTC

    below is post-june-1 values selected.. not sure why it pastes this way

    Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
    Number
    Cap %  
    Dead Money & Cap Savings
    Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
    Total   $25,000,000 $17,000,000   $6,000,000   $42,000,000    
    2020 26 $1,500,000 $2,000,000   $1,500,000   $3,500,000 1.5%      
    2021 ? 27 $4,500,000 $3,750,000   $4,500,000   $8,250,000 3.9%      
    2022 28 $9,500,000 $3,750,000   $0   $13,250,000 6.1%  
    $3,750,000
    $9,500,000
    2023 29 $9,500,000 $3,750,000   $0   $13,250,000 5.9%  
    $3,750,000
    $9,500,000
    2024 ? 30 Void $3,750,000   Void   $3,750,000 1.5%  
    $3,750,000
    $0

    below is pre-june-1

    Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
    Number
    Cap %  
    Dead Money & Cap Savings
    Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
    Total   $25,000,000 $17,000,000   $6,000,000   $42,000,000    
    2020 26 $1,500,000 $2,000,000   $1,500,000   $3,500,000 1.5%      
    2021 ? 27 $4,500,000 $3,750,000   $4,500,000   $8,250,000 3.9%      
    2022 28 $9,500,000 $3,750,000   $0   $13,250,000 6.1%  
    $11,250,000
    $2,000,000
    2023 29 $9,500,000 $3,750,000   $0   $13,250,000 5.9%  
    $7,500,000
    $5,750,000
    2024 ? 30 Void $3,750,000   Void   $3,750,000 1.5%  
    $3,750,000
    $0

    So just FYI, looks like OverTheCap copy/pastes a bit more easy-to-read on this forum than Spotrac