Skip to content

Browns D is 7th in points allowed this preseason

The Browns Board
11 7 679
  • yay 🙂

  • Hey, I don't care if they give up 1000 yards per game if they can keep opponents from scoring!

  • Bend but don't break D

  • And the lions went 4-0 last year in Pre-Season. Lets not get our hopes up to early. But it certainly is a step in the right direction. Nice find.

  • thanks for trying to break the QB stranglehold of conversation...I'm concerned about the defensive secondary...this d-line is the best we've had since returning in 99'. I 'll say this now, if wimbley doesn't have between 8~14 sacks this year...I say he's a bust for the first time. I like our OLB's and think it is also a strength albeit one with alot of unknowns....And finally....Our ILB's are average or below...thanks for the attempt , again

  • We've been through this before about a team playing 'bend but don't break' defense while giving up a million yards.

    You don't dominate games by letting opposing teams walk up and down the field, control field position, and dominate time of possession - regardless of whether or not you actually let them score touchdowns.

    It keeps both your offense and their defense on the sidelines.

    It's not horrible defense, but it's not the kind of defense that the motto "defense wins championships" was intended to refer to.

  • All above understood and I agree.

    Just trying to break up the big boys on that other thread. They're posting at a haymaker pace over there. 😄

  • Although this is very good to see, Lions also was the only team to go undefeated in the preseason last year. Preseason doesnt mean shit as we all know.

    I hope this translates to the regular season

  • And the lions went 4-0 last year in Pre-Season. Lets not get our hopes up to early. But it certainly is a step in the right direction. Nice find.

    @razor1414 said:

    And the lions went 4-0 last year in Pre-Season. Lets not get our hopes up to early. But it certainly is a step in the right direction. Nice find.

    oops. You beat me to it

  • All above understood and I agree.

    Just trying to break up the big boys on that other thread. They're posting at a haymaker pace over there. 😄

    @oconrecon said:

    All above understood and I agree.

    Just trying to break up the big boys on that other thread. They're posting at a haymaker pace over there. 😄

    if Brady Quinn was a starting corner i bet they would be ranked at least number 5. lol