Skip to content

Seriously?

The Browns Board
33 14 2.4k
  • @inspecta said:

    Yeahhhhh.....that should settle it once and for all Solon, why didn't I think of making a post like this?!?!?!

    lol...I knew you'd say some shit like that...ha ha

  • hmmmmm.... of the firm belief that we've had debate and arguements over a QB in Cleveland my whole life...save a couple years with sipe and a couple years with bernie....but ever since belicheck brought testaverde in we've had polar opposites positions.

    I Believe that we as Cleveland Browns fans expect, produce, and encourage controversies at Qb. Frankly more than half wouldn't know what to talk about if it weren't for it, which is sad. We have been so embroiled in it that we dog our own players and in doing so dog our own team and dog our own fans.

    I've avoided the vinny vs bernie debate, the tim vs kelly debate, the charlie vs derek debate and the Quinn vs Anderson debate. I root for the Qb we have in there, if he sucks ~he sucks but that means the guy on the bench sucks more...no debate....draft a number 1 qb next year and keep doing so until you hit one!

    Start quinn if he sucks grab bradford or McCoy or one of the many others in next years draft. just root for the guy that's in there, trust the coach and Gm atleast for a first couple years.... Can't stand the stupid qb Bullshit!!

    @solon16 said:

    hmmmmm.... of the firm belief that we've had debate and arguements over a QB in Cleveland my whole life...save a couple years with sipe and a couple years with bernie....but ever since belicheck brought testaverde in we've had polar opposites positions.

    I Believe that we as Cleveland Browns fans expect, produce, and encourage controversies at Qb. Frankly more than half wouldn't know what to talk about if it weren't for it, which is sad. We have been so embroiled in it that we dog our own players and in doing so dog our own team and dog our own fans.

    I've avoided the vinny vs bernie debate, the tim vs kelly debate, the charlie vs derek debate and the Quinn vs Anderson debate. I root for the Qb we have in there, if he sucks ~he sucks but that means the guy on the bench sucks more...no debate....draft a number 1 qb next year and keep doing so until you hit one!

    Start quinn if he sucks grab bradford or McCoy or one of the many others in next years draft. just root for the guy that's in there, trust the coach and Gm atleast for a first couple years.... Can't stand the stupid qb Bullshit!!

    We did draft a #1 QB. Quinn was a first round draft pick. Some thought he went too low at #22. Any QB you draft in the first round should be your starter eventually. The thing with these two, BQ and DA, at least here in this preseason is that both of them have performed fairly well. I don't think this is a case of "this one suck and that one doesn't". It is a case of two pretty decent QBs to choose from. I don't see Bradford or McCoy as necessarily being an upgrade from these two.

  • I'm a derek anderson supporter but he isn't a franchise qb. Quinn doesn't appear to be the answer either. He's had enough time to develop even tho he hasn't gotten a bunch of pt but if he still has had ample time to show what he has in practice. Anyways I agree trade anderson and see what quinn has. If he fails get braford but if we can't get him quinn has another year on his contract and start looking again in 2011. Like it or not were not going to be much of a contender until we get an actual qb or solidify the running game. I have ny fingers crossed about quinn but from what I've seen I'm not sold on him. Hopefully I'm wrong tho.

  • I'm a derek anderson supporter but he isn't a franchise qb. Quinn doesn't appear to be the answer either. He's had enough time to develop even tho he hasn't gotten a bunch of pt but if he still has had ample time to show what he has in practice. Anyways I agree trade anderson and see what quinn has. If he fails get braford but if we can't get him quinn has another year on his contract and start looking again in 2011. Like it or not were not going to be much of a contender until we get an actual qb or solidify the running game. I have ny fingers crossed about quinn but from what I've seen I'm not sold on him. Hopefully I'm wrong tho.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I'm a derek anderson supporter but he isn't a franchise qb. Quinn doesn't appear to be the answer either. He's had enough time to develop even tho he hasn't gotten a bunch of pt but if he still has had ample time to show what he has in practice. Anyways I agree trade anderson and see what quinn has. If he fails get braford but if we can't get him quinn has another year on his contract and start looking again in 2011. Like it or not were not going to be much of a contender until we get an actual qb or solidify the running game. I have ny fingers crossed about quinn but from what I've seen I'm not sold on him. Hopefully I'm wrong tho.

    What you just said there is the starting point for every rational Browns fan that is in favor of Quinn at this point. While opinions on things you noted about Quinn very, most have come to the conclusion you noted in your first sentence.

  • @solon16 said:

    hmmmmm.... of the firm belief that we've had debate and arguements over a QB in Cleveland my whole life...save a couple years with sipe and a couple years with bernie....but ever since belicheck brought testaverde in we've had polar opposites positions.

    I Believe that we as Cleveland Browns fans expect, produce, and encourage controversies at Qb. Frankly more than half wouldn't know what to talk about if it weren't for it, which is sad. We have been so embroiled in it that we dog our own players and in doing so dog our own team and dog our own fans.

    I've avoided the vinny vs bernie debate, the tim vs kelly debate, the charlie vs derek debate and the Quinn vs Anderson debate. I root for the Qb we have in there, if he sucks ~he sucks but that means the guy on the bench sucks more...no debate....draft a number 1 qb next year and keep doing so until you hit one!

    Start quinn if he sucks grab bradford or McCoy or one of the many others in next years draft. just root for the guy that's in there, trust the coach and Gm atleast for a first couple years.... Can't stand the stupid qb Bullshit!!

    We did draft a #1 QB. Quinn was a first round draft pick. Some thought he went too low at #22. Any QB you draft in the first round should be your starter eventually. The thing with these two, BQ and DA, at least here in this preseason is that both of them have performed fairly well. I don't think this is a case of "this one suck and that one doesn't". It is a case of two pretty decent QBs to choose from. I don't see Bradford or McCoy as necessarily being an upgrade from these two.

    @the-gipper said:

    We did draft a #1 QB. Quinn was a first round draft pick. Some thought he went too low at #22. Any QB you draft in the first round should be your starter eventually. The thing with these two, BQ and DA, at least here in this preseason is that both of them have performed fairly well. I don't think this is a case of "this one suck and that one doesn't". It is a case of two pretty decent QBs to choose from. I don't see Bradford or McCoy as necessarily being an upgrade from these two.

    I have to say if Quinn doesn't pan out...McCoy and Braddford are HUGE upgrades. We know what Andersen is, we don't know what quinn is...give it to quinn if he can't do it...get McCoy or Bradford. str8 up!

  • Because I think anderson gives us a better chance of winning doesn't effect my assesment of quinn. I didn't like quinn coming out of college and he hasn't shown me anything to change that. He did play decent the last preseason game but it takes more then that to give me confidence. Its my opinion and it isn't influenced by anything other then what I think is best for the team.

  • Because I think anderson gives us a better chance of winning doesn't effect my assesment of quinn. I didn't like quinn coming out of college and he hasn't shown me anything to change that. He did play decent the last preseason game but it takes more then that to give me confidence. Its my opinion and it isn't influenced by anything other then what I think is best for the team.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Because I think anderson gives us a better chance of winning doesn't effect my assesment of quinn. I didn't like quinn coming out of college and he hasn't shown me anything to change that. He did play decent the last preseason game but it takes more then that to give me confidence. Its my opinion and it isn't influenced by anything other then what I think is best for the team.

    What didn't you like about Quinn coming out of college? His ridiculously good td/int ratio? His ridiculously good win to loss ratio? Hate catholics? (just snuck that one in there, I have no affiliation with any religion).

  • Like i said, IF Quinn can't get it done, we can't be afraid to go after a number 1 qb next year or any year. truly the most important ingredient in superbowl teams(save 1 year). Being afraid of continuing to try and get a great Qb = lions of last year.

  • please this isn't a debate about Quinn vs Andersen...STOP!...lol

  • @the-gipper said:

    We did draft a #1 QB. Quinn was a first round draft pick. Some thought he went too low at #22. Any QB you draft in the first round should be your starter eventually. The thing with these two, BQ and DA, at least here in this preseason is that both of them have performed fairly well. I don't think this is a case of "this one suck and that one doesn't". It is a case of two pretty decent QBs to choose from. I don't see Bradford or McCoy as necessarily being an upgrade from these two.

    I have to say if Quinn doesn't pan out...McCoy and Braddford are HUGE upgrades. We know what Andersen is, we don't know what quinn is...give it to quinn if he can't do it...get McCoy or Bradford. str8 up!

    @solon16 said:

    I have to say if Quinn doesn't pan out...McCoy and Braddford are HUGE upgrades. We know what Andersen is, we don't know what quinn is...give it to quinn if he can't do it...get McCoy or Bradford. str8 up!

    We don't know that they are huge upgrades, because they haven't even finished their final years of college ball yet.

  • If we didn't have a QB controversy to argue about..most of us would have to get off of the computer and get a job..what fun is that???

  • @solon16 said:

    hmmmmm.... of the firm belief that we've had debate and arguements over a QB in Cleveland my whole life...save a couple years with sipe and a couple years with bernie....but ever since belicheck brought testaverde in we've had polar opposites positions.

    I Believe that we as Cleveland Browns fans expect, produce, and encourage controversies at Qb. Frankly more than half wouldn't know what to talk about if it weren't for it, which is sad. We have been so embroiled in it that we dog our own players and in doing so dog our own team and dog our own fans.

    I've avoided the vinny vs bernie debate, the tim vs kelly debate, the charlie vs derek debate and the Quinn vs Anderson debate. I root for the Qb we have in there, if he sucks ~he sucks but that means the guy on the bench sucks more...no debate....draft a number 1 qb next year and keep doing so until you hit one!

    Start quinn if he sucks grab bradford or McCoy or one of the many others in next years draft. just root for the guy that's in there, trust the coach and Gm atleast for a first couple years.... Can't stand the stupid qb Bullshit!!

    We did draft a #1 QB. Quinn was a first round draft pick. Some thought he went too low at #22. Any QB you draft in the first round should be your starter eventually. The thing with these two, BQ and DA, at least here in this preseason is that both of them have performed fairly well. I don't think this is a case of "this one suck and that one doesn't". It is a case of two pretty decent QBs to choose from. I don't see Bradford or McCoy as necessarily being an upgrade from these two.

    @the-gipper said:

    We did draft a #1 QB. Quinn was a first round draft pick. Some thought he went too low at #22.

    True....and some like the TSN had him rated as a 3rd round talent.

    If we didn't draft Quinn when we did, he was bound for the 2nd round or lower....

    Quinn didn't drop on some injury rumor or drug rumor....it was simply based on scouting evaluations...add in the guy who drafted him was fired and had a bad record on evaluating qb talent and it should raise a red flag.

    Sorry Gip....not drinking the Kool-Aid

  • @the-gipper said:

    We did draft a #1 QB. Quinn was a first round draft pick. Some thought he went too low at #22.

    True....and some like the TSN had him rated as a 3rd round talent.

    If we didn't draft Quinn when we did, he was bound for the 2nd round or lower....

    Quinn didn't drop on some injury rumor or drug rumor....it was simply based on scouting evaluations...add in the guy who drafted him was fired and had a bad record on evaluating qb talent and it should raise a red flag.

    Sorry Gip....not drinking the Kool-Aid

    @ballpeen said:

    Quinn didn't drop on some injury rumor or drug rumor....it was simply based on scouting evaluations...add in the guy who drafted him was fired and had a bad record on evaluating qb talent and it should raise a red flag.

    Right. 90% of the evaluations had Quinn as top 10 draft talent.

    Quinn dropped to 22 because of what happened to his team in his last nationally televised game where ND was totally outclassed in the Sugar Bowl by LSU.

    It was the same game that put Jamarcus Russell in the #1 draft spot.

    And that wasn't just an "Al Davis is batshit crazy" draft pick. Russell was annointed as a future HOF'er because of his size and arm as soon as "he" beat the "eternally shitty" ND squad that only beats up on service academies.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Quinn didn't drop on some injury rumor or drug rumor....it was simply based on scouting evaluations...add in the guy who drafted him was fired and had a bad record on evaluating qb talent and it should raise a red flag.

    Right. 90% of the evaluations had Quinn as top 10 draft talent.

    Quinn dropped to 22 because of what happened to his team in his last nationally televised game where ND was totally outclassed in the Sugar Bowl by LSU.

    It was the same game that put Jamarcus Russell in the #1 draft spot.

    And that wasn't just an "Al Davis is batshit crazy" draft pick. Russell was annointed as a future HOF'er because of his size and arm as soon as "he" beat the "eternally shitty" ND squad that only beats up on service academies.

    @legacy-fan said:

    Right. 90% of the evaluations had Quinn as top 10 draft talent.

    Quinn dropped to 22 because of what happened to his team in his last nationally televised game where ND was totally outclassed in the Sugar Bowl by LSU.

    It was the same game that put Jamarcus Russell in the #1 draft spot.

    You're suggesting that the first 21 teams to pick in the draft--including the Browns--secretly knew in their hearts that Quinn was a top ten guy, but decided to pass? I mean, even if you don't need a QB, if he's there, take him as insurance or to trade.

    Yeah, maybe they focused on one game, but maybe they weren't dazzled by big numbers against service academies.

    Dennis

    I mean, I got lost looking for the john at a game last year and put up 250 and a touchdown against Army.

  • @legacy-fan said:

    Right. 90% of the evaluations had Quinn as top 10 draft talent.

    Quinn dropped to 22 because of what happened to his team in his last nationally televised game where ND was totally outclassed in the Sugar Bowl by LSU.

    It was the same game that put Jamarcus Russell in the #1 draft spot.

    You're suggesting that the first 21 teams to pick in the draft--including the Browns--secretly knew in their hearts that Quinn was a top ten guy, but decided to pass? I mean, even if you don't need a QB, if he's there, take him as insurance or to trade.

    Yeah, maybe they focused on one game, but maybe they weren't dazzled by big numbers against service academies.

    Dennis

    I mean, I got lost looking for the john at a game last year and put up 250 and a touchdown against Army.

    @dencyguy said:

    You're suggesting that the first 21 teams to pick in the draft--including the Browns--secretly knew in their hearts that Quinn was a top ten guy, but decided to pass? I mean, even if you don't need a QB, if he's there, take him as insurance or to trade.

    Is that what Belichick does every April? Grab a top QB in round 1 "just in case" or to trade?

    That sounds like a horrible draft strategy, imo.

    All I'm saying Dennis is that it may have all been hype, but Quinn was top 10 material for most. I can't ever recall the last time the NFL escorted a kid out of the camera & lights because of such a unexpected slide.

  • @dencyguy said:

    You're suggesting that the first 21 teams to pick in the draft--including the Browns--secretly knew in their hearts that Quinn was a top ten guy, but decided to pass? I mean, even if you don't need a QB, if he's there, take him as insurance or to trade.

    Is that what Belichick does every April? Grab a top QB in round 1 "just in case" or to trade?

    That sounds like a horrible draft strategy, imo.

    All I'm saying Dennis is that it may have all been hype, but Quinn was top 10 material for most. I can't ever recall the last time the NFL escorted a kid out of the camera & lights because of such a unexpected slide.

    @legacy-fan said:

    All I'm saying Dennis is that it may have all been hype, but Quinn was top 10 material for most. I can't ever recall the last time the NFL escorted a kid out of the camera & lights because of such a unexpected slide.

    I'm not saying that he's not going to be a good QB--I think he is--but "most" is misleading, because it excludes the guys who have the responsibility to make the decision. Sure, most pundits and people on message boards put him in the top ten, but what did most NFL executives do when they had the option to do something that had actual consequences?

    In some cases--Miami and Kansas City come to mind--it might have made a difference, but even that's not a guarantee.

    Dennis

  • @legacy-fan said:

    All I'm saying Dennis is that it may have all been hype, but Quinn was top 10 material for most. I can't ever recall the last time the NFL escorted a kid out of the camera & lights because of such a unexpected slide.

    I'm not saying that he's not going to be a good QB--I think he is--but "most" is misleading, because it excludes the guys who have the responsibility to make the decision. Sure, most pundits and people on message boards put him in the top ten, but what did most NFL executives do when they had the option to do something that had actual consequences?

    In some cases--Miami and Kansas City come to mind--it might have made a difference, but even that's not a guarantee.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    I'm not saying that he's not going to be a good QB--I think he is--but "most" is misleading, because it excludes the guys who have the responsibility to make the decision. Sure, most pundits and people on message boards put him in the top ten, but what did most NFL executives do when they had the option to do something that had actual consequences?

    In some cases--Miami and Kansas City come to mind--it might have made a difference, but even that's not a guarantee.

    Dennis

    If Quinn should be compared to anybody (given we have one of these draft reminiscing stories every time Peens has had a couple toddies) it should be Rodgers. There was a guy who tumbled big time and doesn't look too shabby.

    Again, nobody needed a QB, nor were they prepared to take one. However, there were some pretty substantiated rumors that some were looking to move up when the Browns made their move. Miami just flat out crapped themselves and Oakland was a contract whisker away from taking him number one.

    None of it really matters to be honest, but it gets a little annoying at times.

  • @legacy-fan said:

    All I'm saying Dennis is that it may have all been hype, but Quinn was top 10 material for most. I can't ever recall the last time the NFL escorted a kid out of the camera & lights because of such a unexpected slide.

    I'm not saying that he's not going to be a good QB--I think he is--but "most" is misleading, because it excludes the guys who have the responsibility to make the decision. Sure, most pundits and people on message boards put him in the top ten, but what did most NFL executives do when they had the option to do something that had actual consequences?

    In some cases--Miami and Kansas City come to mind--it might have made a difference, but even that's not a guarantee.

    Dennis

    @dencyguy said:

    I'm not saying that he's not going to be a good QB--I think he is--but "most" is misleading, because it excludes the guys who have the responsibility to make the decision. Sure, most pundits and people on message boards put him in the top ten, but what did most NFL executives do when they had the option to do something that had actual consequences?

    In some cases--Miami and Kansas City come to mind--it might have made a difference, but even that's not a guarantee.

    Dennis

    Ok. But pundits et al are all anybody goes on until the draft actually happens. They miss a few here & there but it's not like we see a new set of analysts every year because of poor work performance. So yeah NFL execs threw us a curve until about pick 11 or so and people started moving. We agree on Quinns potential, and I'm glad we picked him after picking JT.

  • @dencyguy said:

    I'm not saying that he's not going to be a good QB--I think he is--but "most" is misleading, because it excludes the guys who have the responsibility to make the decision. Sure, most pundits and people on message boards put him in the top ten, but what did most NFL executives do when they had the option to do something that had actual consequences?

    In some cases--Miami and Kansas City come to mind--it might have made a difference, but even that's not a guarantee.

    Dennis

    Ok. But pundits et al are all anybody goes on until the draft actually happens. They miss a few here & there but it's not like we see a new set of analysts every year because of poor work performance. So yeah NFL execs threw us a curve until about pick 11 or so and people started moving. We agree on Quinns potential, and I'm glad we picked him after picking JT.

    @legacy-fan said:

    Ok. But pundits et al are all anybody goes on until the draft actually happens. They miss a few here & there but it's not like we see a new set of analysts every year because of poor work performance. So yeah NFL execs threw us a curve until about pick 11 or so and people started moving. We agree on Quinns potential, and I'm glad we picked him after picking JT.

    I'm still pissed we didnt take AP!

  • We should just rotate quarterbacks, get rid of the contreversy and all be friends.