Skip to content

Mayfield conspiracy

The Browns Board
48 24 1.7k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    For a stopgap, I'd take Garoppolo or Winston. 

    Hell, Winston went 5-2 for the Saints last year, with 14 touchdowns against 3 interceptions. 

    I believe Jimmy G just underwent shoulder surgery, and won’t be able to throw until July.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I believe Jimmy G just underwent shoulder surgery, and won’t be able to throw until July.

    Oh that's right....

    I'd take Matt Ryan if Watson goes to Atlanta. 

  • So now all of a sudden we find out the front office wanted to shed Mayfield all season long. After all he wasn't Andrew Berry's pic anyway. Many people complain that Baker should have sat when he got hurt and let the mighty Case Keenum lead us to the promised land. Many thought that it was Baker's decision to make as to who started which is not the case. Players don't decide who starts at their position. Let's say it's true Mayfield was actually physically unable to play but stefanski started him anyway. Let's say for the sake of argument we might have won another game or two with Keenum. Why would Stefanski the medical team and the front office start Baker every game knowing they had less of a chance to be victorious? Here's the conspiracy. They did so to make him look bad so the fans wouldn't freak out when they dumped him. If he'd gotten surgery halfway through the season and then got dumped it would really seem like he never got a chance.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So now all of a sudden we find out the front office wanted to shed Mayfield all season long. After all he wasn't Andrew Berry's pic anyway. Many people complain that Baker should have sat when he got hurt and let the mighty Case Keenum lead us to the promised land. Many thought that it was Baker's decision to make as to who started which is not the case. Players don't decide who starts at their position. Let's say it's true Mayfield was actually physically unable to play but stefanski started him anyway. Let's say for the sake of argument we might have won another game or two with Keenum. Why would Stefanski the medical team and the front office start Baker every game knowing they had less of a chance to be victorious? Here's the conspiracy. They did so to make him look bad so the fans wouldn't freak out when they dumped him. If he'd gotten surgery halfway through the season and then got dumped it would really seem like he never got a chance.

    WSS

    Jimmy is following the Build Back Better model!

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I believe Jimmy G just underwent shoulder surgery, and won’t be able to throw until July.

    Oh that's right....

    I'd take Matt Ryan if Watson goes to Atlanta. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh that's right....

    I'd take Matt Ryan if Watson goes to Atlanta. 

    I'd prefer we started with the adult of Matt Ryan ? 

    topic--- do ya know why James Hudson never got help with TJ Watt? ?

  • Mayfield demanding a trade but can't even pass a physical......ugh

  • to think I have have followed this franchise since 1970... And this is the thanks the great fans of Cleveland get,,,,..

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Oh that's right....

    I'd take Matt Ryan if Watson goes to Atlanta. 

    I'd prefer we started with the adult of Matt Ryan ? 

    topic--- do ya know why James Hudson never got help with TJ Watt? ?

    @gumby73 said:

    I'd prefer we started with the adult of Matt Ryan ? 

    topic--- do ya know why James Hudson never got help with TJ Watt? ?

    Stefanski hated Bakers guts? ?

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    It’s okay folks…We can replace a QB like  Baker. 

    AEF08045-C998-48BE-A103-83E41A43C27B.jpeg

    For a stopgap, I'd take Garoppolo or Winston. 

    Hell, Winston went 5-2 for the Saints last year, with 14 touchdowns against 3 interceptions. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    For a stopgap, I'd take Garoppolo or Winston. 

    Hell, Winston went 5-2 for the Saints last year, with 14 touchdowns against 3 interceptions. 

    Baker may not have been the best..but Haslem did em dirty.

  • Mayfield demanding a trade but can't even pass a physical......ugh

    @laiccm said:

    Mayfield demanding a trade but can't even pass a physical......ugh

    Actually he doesn’t have to pass a physical, I just read on Cleveland.com that his 2022 contract is guaranteed.

    Which means, he can sit his ass and collect his $18 million.

    Hell he has more leverage than I thought.

  • @laiccm said:

    Mayfield demanding a trade but can't even pass a physical......ugh

    Actually he doesn’t have to pass a physical, I just read on Cleveland.com that his 2022 contract is guaranteed.

    Which means, he can sit his ass and collect his $18 million.

    Hell he has more leverage than I thought.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Actually he doesn’t have to pass a physical, I just read on Cleveland.com that his 2022 contract is guaranteed.

    Which means, he can sit his ass and collect his $18 million.

    Hell he has more leverage than I thought.

    Let him pout 

  • @gumby73 said:

    I'd prefer we started with the adult of Matt Ryan ? 

    topic--- do ya know why James Hudson never got help with TJ Watt? ?

    Stefanski hated Bakers guts? ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stefanski hated Bakers guts? ?

    he does call the plays.. and will continue

    here's your prize 

    beautiful-woman-dress-glass-green-beer-patrick-s-day-beautiful-woman-dress-glass-green-beer-171459112.thumb.jpg.22a00814dc815b9f5bfd7f69d1497146.jpg

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Actually he doesn’t have to pass a physical, I just read on Cleveland.com that his 2022 contract is guaranteed.

    Which means, he can sit his ass and collect his $18 million.

    Hell he has more leverage than I thought.

    Let him pout 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Let him pout 

    Pay him his $18 million and let him walk without getting anything in return?

    That would be pretty stupid.

  • Whether you like baker or not the haslems did him dirty!!!! This team will never suceed long as haslem is the owner!

  • If you screw over your starting QB and then go begging for him to come back, you might be a redneck.

  • If you screw over your starting QB and then go begging for him to come back, you might be a redneck.

    @riffer-x said:

    If you screw over your starting QB and then go begging for him to come back, you might be a redneck.

    Business is business.....it's never personal...lol "Late great Nino Brown"

  • I'm kind of confused by something regarding this situation.

    1. Baker was informed, through his agents, that he was the starting QB for the Browns in 2023, unless a top-level QB became available. If this happened, the Browns would attempt to get said QB.

    2. A top-level QB became available, when Watson's criminal case was dropped.

    3. The Browns then attempted to get said top-level QB, like they told Baker they would. 

    4. Baker, knowing this situation was a possibility, then writes a good-bye letter to Browns fans, before anything that would make him an ex-Browns player actually came to pass.

    5. Watson decided against coming to Cleveland to become the Browns starting QB, thus maintaining Baker Mayfield in his position as the Browns starting QB.

    6. Baker, though told that #1 was a possibility, demands a trade, even though he's the Browns starting QB. 

    I think Watson is a shit human being, and am appalled the Browns could be so tone deaf to try and give up the farm for such a polarizing potential "face of the franchise". That said, unless something in my time line is factually wrong, I don't quite understand how "the Browns did Baker so dirty". Seems to me, if the time line I laid out is correct, they were upfront with Baker, and that Baker the starting QB of the Cleveland Browns is trying to force his way off the team. 

  • I'm kind of confused by something regarding this situation.

    1. Baker was informed, through his agents, that he was the starting QB for the Browns in 2023, unless a top-level QB became available. If this happened, the Browns would attempt to get said QB.

    2. A top-level QB became available, when Watson's criminal case was dropped.

    3. The Browns then attempted to get said top-level QB, like they told Baker they would. 

    4. Baker, knowing this situation was a possibility, then writes a good-bye letter to Browns fans, before anything that would make him an ex-Browns player actually came to pass.

    5. Watson decided against coming to Cleveland to become the Browns starting QB, thus maintaining Baker Mayfield in his position as the Browns starting QB.

    6. Baker, though told that #1 was a possibility, demands a trade, even though he's the Browns starting QB. 

    I think Watson is a shit human being, and am appalled the Browns could be so tone deaf to try and give up the farm for such a polarizing potential "face of the franchise". That said, unless something in my time line is factually wrong, I don't quite understand how "the Browns did Baker so dirty". Seems to me, if the time line I laid out is correct, they were upfront with Baker, and that Baker the starting QB of the Cleveland Browns is trying to force his way off the team. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm kind of confused by something regarding this situation.

    1. Baker was informed, through his agents, that he was the starting QB for the Browns in 2023, unless a top-level QB became available. If this happened, the Browns would attempt to get said QB.

    2. A top-level QB became available, when Watson's criminal case was dropped.

    3. The Browns then attempted to get said top-level QB, like they told Baker they would. 

    4. Baker, knowing this situation was a possibility, then writes a good-bye letter to Browns fans, before anything that would make him an ex-Browns player actually came to pass.

    5. Watson decided against coming to Cleveland to become the Browns starting QB, thus maintaining Baker Mayfield in his position as the Browns starting QB.

    6. Baker, though told that #1 was a possibility, demands a trade, even though he's the Browns starting QB. 

    I think Watson is a shit human being, and am appalled the Browns could be so tone deaf to try and give up the farm for such a polarizing potential "face of the franchise". That said, unless something in my time line is factually wrong, I don't quite understand how "the Browns did Baker so dirty". Seems to me, if the time line I laid out is correct, they were upfront with Baker, and that Baker the starting QB of the Cleveland Browns is trying to force his way off the team. 

    I may disagree with going after Watson with you but I think Youre 100% correct on everything. Baker is acting like the spoiled kid....again. Think, he can't even pass a physical right now and nowhere he gets traded to will he have the level of weapons, running game and oline in his 5th year. He will join Jamarcus Russell as a no.1 pick who didn't make it to the 5th year with the team he was selected by. The Browns have stood by him during all types of antics.....they kick the tires on Watson, he knows and pens a letter then request a trade. He may calm down tho.....that's what kids do

  • I'm kind of confused by something regarding this situation.

    1. Baker was informed, through his agents, that he was the starting QB for the Browns in 2023, unless a top-level QB became available. If this happened, the Browns would attempt to get said QB.

    2. A top-level QB became available, when Watson's criminal case was dropped.

    3. The Browns then attempted to get said top-level QB, like they told Baker they would. 

    4. Baker, knowing this situation was a possibility, then writes a good-bye letter to Browns fans, before anything that would make him an ex-Browns player actually came to pass.

    5. Watson decided against coming to Cleveland to become the Browns starting QB, thus maintaining Baker Mayfield in his position as the Browns starting QB.

    6. Baker, though told that #1 was a possibility, demands a trade, even though he's the Browns starting QB. 

    I think Watson is a shit human being, and am appalled the Browns could be so tone deaf to try and give up the farm for such a polarizing potential "face of the franchise". That said, unless something in my time line is factually wrong, I don't quite understand how "the Browns did Baker so dirty". Seems to me, if the time line I laid out is correct, they were upfront with Baker, and that Baker the starting QB of the Cleveland Browns is trying to force his way off the team. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm kind of confused by something regarding this situation.

    1. Baker was informed, through his agents, that he was the starting QB for the Browns in 2023, unless a top-level QB became available. If this happened, the Browns would attempt to get said QB.

    2. A top-level QB became available, when Watson's criminal case was dropped.

    3. The Browns then attempted to get said top-level QB, like they told Baker they would. 

    4. Baker, knowing this situation was a possibility, then writes a good-bye letter to Browns fans, before anything that would make him an ex-Browns player actually came to pass.

    5. Watson decided against coming to Cleveland to become the Browns starting QB, thus maintaining Baker Mayfield in his position as the Browns starting QB.

    6. Baker, though told that #1 was a possibility, demands a trade, even though he's the Browns starting QB. 

    I think Watson is a shit human being, and am appalled the Browns could be so tone deaf to try and give up the farm for such a polarizing potential "face of the franchise". That said, unless something in my time line is factually wrong, I don't quite understand how "the Browns did Baker so dirty". Seems to me, if the time line I laid out is correct, they were upfront with Baker, and that Baker the starting QB of the Cleveland Browns is trying to force his way off the team. 

    1. I’m not sure Baker was informed of the Browns interests in Watson or not. Seems like a critical point in this entire thing.

    2. The idea of Watson being “elite” and worth the PR nightmare is subjective.

    3. The Browns willing to give up multiple first round picks on someone they could of had with one first round pick is an admission of failure.

    4. Baker probably saw the writing on the wall and took the initiative to thank the fans that supported him.

    5. There were media outlets that stated Watson never had any thoughts of coming to Cleveland.

    6. To sum things up, the Browns FO (most likely Haslam) decided to shop Baker and roll the dice and came up snake eyes. Baker is now shopping the Browns, which goes to show loyalty isn’t a one way street. Really can’t blame either party for trying to better their situation.

  • I'm kind of confused by something regarding this situation.

    1. Baker was informed, through his agents, that he was the starting QB for the Browns in 2023, unless a top-level QB became available. If this happened, the Browns would attempt to get said QB.

    2. A top-level QB became available, when Watson's criminal case was dropped.

    3. The Browns then attempted to get said top-level QB, like they told Baker they would. 

    4. Baker, knowing this situation was a possibility, then writes a good-bye letter to Browns fans, before anything that would make him an ex-Browns player actually came to pass.

    5. Watson decided against coming to Cleveland to become the Browns starting QB, thus maintaining Baker Mayfield in his position as the Browns starting QB.

    6. Baker, though told that #1 was a possibility, demands a trade, even though he's the Browns starting QB. 

    I think Watson is a shit human being, and am appalled the Browns could be so tone deaf to try and give up the farm for such a polarizing potential "face of the franchise". That said, unless something in my time line is factually wrong, I don't quite understand how "the Browns did Baker so dirty". Seems to me, if the time line I laid out is correct, they were upfront with Baker, and that Baker the starting QB of the Cleveland Browns is trying to force his way off the team. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm kind of confused by something regarding this situation.

    1. Baker was informed, through his agents, that he was the starting QB for the Browns in 2023, unless a top-level QB became available. If this happened, the Browns would attempt to get said QB.

    2. A top-level QB became available, when Watson's criminal case was dropped.

    3. The Browns then attempted to get said top-level QB, like they told Baker they would. 

    4. Baker, knowing this situation was a possibility, then writes a good-bye letter to Browns fans, before anything that would make him an ex-Browns player actually came to pass.

    5. Watson decided against coming to Cleveland to become the Browns starting QB, thus maintaining Baker Mayfield in his position as the Browns starting QB.

    6. Baker, though told that #1 was a possibility, demands a trade, even though he's the Browns starting QB. 

    I think Watson is a shit human being, and am appalled the Browns could be so tone deaf to try and give up the farm for such a polarizing potential "face of the franchise". That said, unless something in my time line is factually wrong, I don't quite understand how "the Browns did Baker so dirty". Seems to me, if the time line I laid out is correct, they were upfront with Baker, and that Baker the starting QB of the Cleveland Browns is trying to force his way off the team. 

    hammer-hitting-nail-on-head.jpg

  • Every player in the NFL on every roster is always available for a trade.. this seems like a Welcome To Being A Professional, Kid moment.. 

    Baker's emotions really are out of place in this situation.

  • Every player in the NFL on every roster is always available for a trade.. this seems like a Welcome To Being A Professional, Kid moment.. 

    Baker's emotions really are out of place in this situation.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Every player in the NFL on every roster is always available for a trade.. this seems like a Welcome To Being A Professional, Kid moment.. 

    Baker's emotions really are out of place in this situation.

    But not surprising coming from him.......