Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. The Housing bubble

The Housing bubble

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
35 Posts 8 Posters 1.4k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate/housing-market-real-estate-economy-cavuto

    I've been waiting for this one to blow up for quite a while. Yes I know this is Fox and they've been known to lean toward the right but that doesn't necessarily mean the story is untrue.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
      • 33k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
      #2

      "been known to lean towards the right"... Lol

      But yeah there probably is a housing bubble. It's not sustainable and it's fucking a lot of people over. Luckily I bought a house when I did and it's up 25%+ now in a short time. 

      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
      W 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

        "been known to lean towards the right"... Lol

        But yeah there probably is a housing bubble. It's not sustainable and it's fucking a lot of people over. Luckily I bought a house when I did and it's up 25%+ now in a short time. 

        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @mld-woody said:

        "been known to lean towards the right"... Lol

        But yeah there probably is a housing bubble. It's not sustainable and it's fucking a lot of people over. Luckily I bought a house when I did and it's up 25%+ now in a short time. 

        Yeah there's that. Don't hold me to a prediction but I get the feeling it won't be long before a lot of suckers are left holding the bag when the house they overpaid for drops back to normal. With inflation who knows if that will happen.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        VamboV 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 10k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
          #4

          We've sold everything with the exception of the house we're in and a house on 4+ acres that have on the market. I'm waiting for the bubble to pop to buy our last home.

          Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • W Westside Steve

            @mld-woody said:

            "been known to lean towards the right"... Lol

            But yeah there probably is a housing bubble. It's not sustainable and it's fucking a lot of people over. Luckily I bought a house when I did and it's up 25%+ now in a short time. 

            Yeah there's that. Don't hold me to a prediction but I get the feeling it won't be long before a lot of suckers are left holding the bag when the house they overpaid for drops back to normal. With inflation who knows if that will happen.

            WSS

            Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
            • 18k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @westside-steve said:

            Yeah there's that. Don't hold me to a prediction but I get the feeling it won't be long before a lot of suckers are left holding the bag when the house they overpaid for drops back to normal. With inflation who knows if that will happen.

            WSS

            And then the woody's of the world will be demanding loan forgiveness as they do for student loans.

            W 1 Reply Last reply
            😂
            Quote Reply
            • VamboV Vambo

              @westside-steve said:

              Yeah there's that. Don't hold me to a prediction but I get the feeling it won't be long before a lot of suckers are left holding the bag when the house they overpaid for drops back to normal. With inflation who knows if that will happen.

              WSS

              And then the woody's of the world will be demanding loan forgiveness as they do for student loans.

              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 39k Posts
              • 9k Reputation
              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @vambo said:

              And then the woody's of the world will be demanding loan forgiveness as they do for student loans.

              Could certainly be related to student loans or anything else you bought and then had buyer's remorse.

              But mostly I was thinking along the lines of the last housing bubble when people keep refinancing and refinancing and getting deeper and deeper underwater.

              WSS

              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 6k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Sadly, I don't think this one is a bubble. The 2008 bubble had prices go up based on speculation, when combined with giving mortgages to a bunch of people who clearly couldn't afford them, the system collapsed. This time, the prices are rising because of inflation, but they're actually backed by real dollars instead of speculation. What this looks like on the ground is that massive financial institutions such as Blackrock are scooping up single-family real estate and renting it out. They aren't going to default on these mortgages. I just bought a house in this batshit market. I paid 25% over what this house was worth pre-pandemic. Some of the houses I looked at were on the market for 4 hours before being purchased sight-unseen. 

                You guys know I am a physician, and I can afford this expense, but the working class is absolutely screwed. The vast majority of millennials will be unable to build any equity via home ownership. I have half a mind to pull all my money out of the stock market and go all in on crypto, metals, commodities, and real estate just because I don't want to support this awful system that most pensions are running off of. 

                MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                ❤
                Quote Reply
                • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                  Sadly, I don't think this one is a bubble. The 2008 bubble had prices go up based on speculation, when combined with giving mortgages to a bunch of people who clearly couldn't afford them, the system collapsed. This time, the prices are rising because of inflation, but they're actually backed by real dollars instead of speculation. What this looks like on the ground is that massive financial institutions such as Blackrock are scooping up single-family real estate and renting it out. They aren't going to default on these mortgages. I just bought a house in this batshit market. I paid 25% over what this house was worth pre-pandemic. Some of the houses I looked at were on the market for 4 hours before being purchased sight-unseen. 

                  You guys know I am a physician, and I can afford this expense, but the working class is absolutely screwed. The vast majority of millennials will be unable to build any equity via home ownership. I have half a mind to pull all my money out of the stock market and go all in on crypto, metals, commodities, and real estate just because I don't want to support this awful system that most pensions are running off of. 

                  MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                  • 33k Posts
                  • 3k Reputation
                  MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @vaportrail said:

                  Sadly, I don't think this one is a bubble. The 2008 bubble had prices go up based on speculation, when combined with giving mortgages to a bunch of people who clearly couldn't afford them, the system collapsed. This time, the prices are rising because of inflation, but they're actually backed by real dollars instead of speculation. What this looks like on the ground is that massive financial institutions such as Blackrock are scooping up single-family real estate and renting it out. They aren't going to default on these mortgages. I just bought a house in this batshit market. I paid 25% over what this house was worth pre-pandemic. Some of the houses I looked at were on the market for 4 hours before being purchased sight-unseen. 

                  You guys know I am a physician, and I can afford this expense, but the working class is absolutely screwed. The vast majority of millennials will be unable to build any equity via home ownership. I have half a mind to pull all my money out of the stock market and go all in on crypto, metals, commodities, and real estate just because I don't want to support this awful system that most pensions are running off of. 

                  It definitely sucks for any of my friends that didn't already own a house and were looking. They either have to wait and hope for the best, overpay, or get a worse house. 

                  I've heard/read a lot about large companies just buying up properties to rent. Seems to be really fucking with supply and demand. Through in some lagging supply chain pandemic issues coupled with new economic issues and not as many houses are getting built, compounding the issue. 

                  You really would invest that much in crypto tho? Seems risky 

                  Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                  VaporTrailV 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 39k Posts
                    • 9k Reputation
                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                    #9

                    Surprisingly gen Z is more prone to purchase. Millennials are more prone to rent. I wouldn't have guessed that but it makes sense. I have rental properties and I get offers for them every week. It's either individual investors or individual investors in a conglomerate buying up everything they can putting a few bucks into them and renting them at high prices. 

                    I really get tired of screwing around as a landlord especially because I don't charge hardly anything. If I were smarter I'd have handyman fix them up and be ruthless about it. I'm guessing that's what the conglomerates do since they're buying dozens if not more properties. A couple of them that I've spoken with one was from Los Angeles one was from Atlanta so... the one from Los Angeles had an agreement with a handyman that's actually done a lot of work for me.

                    Hard to keep up with all the stories and predictions sometimes saying that the prices will continue to Skyrocket some say the bubble is about to burst.

                    "Why Millennials are Renting More — And Why It Works for Them | MYMOVE" https://www.mymove.com/buying-selling/guides/millennials-renting-works/

                    WSS

                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                    MLD WoodyM jbluhm86J 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • W Westside Steve

                      Surprisingly gen Z is more prone to purchase. Millennials are more prone to rent. I wouldn't have guessed that but it makes sense. I have rental properties and I get offers for them every week. It's either individual investors or individual investors in a conglomerate buying up everything they can putting a few bucks into them and renting them at high prices. 

                      I really get tired of screwing around as a landlord especially because I don't charge hardly anything. If I were smarter I'd have handyman fix them up and be ruthless about it. I'm guessing that's what the conglomerates do since they're buying dozens if not more properties. A couple of them that I've spoken with one was from Los Angeles one was from Atlanta so... the one from Los Angeles had an agreement with a handyman that's actually done a lot of work for me.

                      Hard to keep up with all the stories and predictions sometimes saying that the prices will continue to Skyrocket some say the bubble is about to burst.

                      "Why Millennials are Renting More — And Why It Works for Them | MYMOVE" https://www.mymove.com/buying-selling/guides/millennials-renting-works/

                      WSS

                      MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                      • 33k Posts
                      • 3k Reputation
                      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @westside-steve said:

                      Surprisingly gen Z is more prone to purchase. Millennials are more prone to rent. I wouldn't have guessed that but it makes sense. I have rental properties and I get offers for them every week. It's either individual investors or individual investors in a conglomerate buying up everything they can putting a few bucks into them and renting them at high prices. 

                      I really get tired of screwing around as a landlord especially because I don't charge hardly anything. If I were smarter I'd have handyman fix them up and be ruthless about it. I'm guessing that's what the conglomerates do since they're buying dozens if not more properties. A couple of them that I've spoken with one was from Los Angeles one was from Atlanta so... the one from Los Angeles had an agreement with a handyman that's actually done a lot of work for me.

                      Hard to keep up with all the stories and predictions sometimes saying that the prices will continue to Skyrocket some say the bubble is about to burst.

                      "Why Millennials are Renting More — And Why It Works for Them | MYMOVE" https://www.mymove.com/buying-selling/guides/millennials-renting-works/

                      WSS

                      Are you sure you're accurately referring to Gen Z here? Because the oldest members of Gen Z are like 25.... I don't think a ton of Gen Z are buying houses yet.

                      And the question isn't whether millennials are renting more, it is why. Even in your article the first reason they listed was budget. Between growing up through multiple world changing / economic changing events, skyrocketing tuition costs, and an older generation staying in the workforce longer... the budget angle is probably the most damning. 

                      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                      W DieHardBrownsFan1D 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                        @westside-steve said:

                        Surprisingly gen Z is more prone to purchase. Millennials are more prone to rent. I wouldn't have guessed that but it makes sense. I have rental properties and I get offers for them every week. It's either individual investors or individual investors in a conglomerate buying up everything they can putting a few bucks into them and renting them at high prices. 

                        I really get tired of screwing around as a landlord especially because I don't charge hardly anything. If I were smarter I'd have handyman fix them up and be ruthless about it. I'm guessing that's what the conglomerates do since they're buying dozens if not more properties. A couple of them that I've spoken with one was from Los Angeles one was from Atlanta so... the one from Los Angeles had an agreement with a handyman that's actually done a lot of work for me.

                        Hard to keep up with all the stories and predictions sometimes saying that the prices will continue to Skyrocket some say the bubble is about to burst.

                        "Why Millennials are Renting More — And Why It Works for Them | MYMOVE" https://www.mymove.com/buying-selling/guides/millennials-renting-works/

                        WSS

                        Are you sure you're accurately referring to Gen Z here? Because the oldest members of Gen Z are like 25.... I don't think a ton of Gen Z are buying houses yet.

                        And the question isn't whether millennials are renting more, it is why. Even in your article the first reason they listed was budget. Between growing up through multiple world changing / economic changing events, skyrocketing tuition costs, and an older generation staying in the workforce longer... the budget angle is probably the most damning. 

                        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                        • 39k Posts
                        • 9k Reputation
                        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @mld-woody said:

                        Are you sure you're accurately referring to Gen Z here? Because the oldest members of Gen Z are like 25.... I don't think a ton of Gen Z are buying houses yet.

                        And the question isn't whether millennials are renting more, it is why. Even in your article the first reason they listed was budget. Between growing up through multiple world changing / economic changing events, skyrocketing tuition costs, and an older generation staying in the workforce longer... the budget angle is probably the most damning. 

                        No the question or my comment didn't really have much to do with which generation is doing what. I just would have guessed that Generation Z would be most likely to rent making the rental market more attractive to investors.

                        "More Gen Zers Are Buying Homes Than Ever Before" https://www.roostify.com/resources/more-gen-zers-are-buying-homes-than-ever-before

                        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                        MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                          • 39k Posts
                          • 9k Reputation
                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                          #12

                          And if that's the correct article meaning if I didn't copy and paste the wrong one part of the projections are the amount of Generation Z planning or wanting to buy.

                          "How Generation Z Will Change the Housing Market (Forever) - Hommati" https://www.hommati.com/blog/how-generation-z-will-change-the-housing-market-forever

                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                            • 39k Posts
                            • 9k Reputation
                            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            "Generation Z vs. Millennials: Who Prefers To Rent a House Instead of Buying? | Qrius" https://qrius.com/generation-z-vs-millennials-who-prefers-to-rent-a-house-instead-of-buying/?bamp-skip-redirect=1

                            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • W Westside Steve

                              @mld-woody said:

                              Are you sure you're accurately referring to Gen Z here? Because the oldest members of Gen Z are like 25.... I don't think a ton of Gen Z are buying houses yet.

                              And the question isn't whether millennials are renting more, it is why. Even in your article the first reason they listed was budget. Between growing up through multiple world changing / economic changing events, skyrocketing tuition costs, and an older generation staying in the workforce longer... the budget angle is probably the most damning. 

                              No the question or my comment didn't really have much to do with which generation is doing what. I just would have guessed that Generation Z would be most likely to rent making the rental market more attractive to investors.

                              "More Gen Zers Are Buying Homes Than Ever Before" https://www.roostify.com/resources/more-gen-zers-are-buying-homes-than-ever-before

                              MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                              • 33k Posts
                              • 3k Reputation
                              MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @westside-steve said:

                              No the question or my comment didn't really have much to do with which generation is doing what. I just would have guessed that Generation Z would be most likely to rent making the rental market more attractive to investors.

                              "More Gen Zers Are Buying Homes Than Ever Before" https://www.roostify.com/resources/more-gen-zers-are-buying-homes-than-ever-before

                              Did you read the article and look at the data though? All that is saying is that they grew the most year over year... because of course they did. They have the most growth to gain as their generation gets older and older. I'd expect them to be the fastest growing generation for homeownership because the bulk of that generation is just now getting to the age where they would consider buying homes. The vast majority of Zoomers are still renting or living at home, because they're the youngest generation, so of course they are.

                              The high percentage of Zoomers that want to own a home at a young age compared to Millennials that actually have speaks more to 1) the financial situation of Millennials and 2) Zoomers not quite understanding yet how expensive a home is going to be than it does any major cultural difference between the two generations, IMO.

                              Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                @westside-steve said:

                                Surprisingly gen Z is more prone to purchase. Millennials are more prone to rent. I wouldn't have guessed that but it makes sense. I have rental properties and I get offers for them every week. It's either individual investors or individual investors in a conglomerate buying up everything they can putting a few bucks into them and renting them at high prices. 

                                I really get tired of screwing around as a landlord especially because I don't charge hardly anything. If I were smarter I'd have handyman fix them up and be ruthless about it. I'm guessing that's what the conglomerates do since they're buying dozens if not more properties. A couple of them that I've spoken with one was from Los Angeles one was from Atlanta so... the one from Los Angeles had an agreement with a handyman that's actually done a lot of work for me.

                                Hard to keep up with all the stories and predictions sometimes saying that the prices will continue to Skyrocket some say the bubble is about to burst.

                                "Why Millennials are Renting More — And Why It Works for Them | MYMOVE" https://www.mymove.com/buying-selling/guides/millennials-renting-works/

                                WSS

                                Are you sure you're accurately referring to Gen Z here? Because the oldest members of Gen Z are like 25.... I don't think a ton of Gen Z are buying houses yet.

                                And the question isn't whether millennials are renting more, it is why. Even in your article the first reason they listed was budget. Between growing up through multiple world changing / economic changing events, skyrocketing tuition costs, and an older generation staying in the workforce longer... the budget angle is probably the most damning. 

                                DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @mld-woody said:

                                Are you sure you're accurately referring to Gen Z here? Because the oldest members of Gen Z are like 25.... I don't think a ton of Gen Z are buying houses yet.

                                And the question isn't whether millennials are renting more, it is why. Even in your article the first reason they listed was budget. Between growing up through multiple world changing / economic changing events, skyrocketing tuition costs, and an older generation staying in the workforce longer... the budget angle is probably the most damning. 

                                Are they 'like' 25, or actually 25?

                                MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1

                                  @mld-woody said:

                                  Are you sure you're accurately referring to Gen Z here? Because the oldest members of Gen Z are like 25.... I don't think a ton of Gen Z are buying houses yet.

                                  And the question isn't whether millennials are renting more, it is why. Even in your article the first reason they listed was budget. Between growing up through multiple world changing / economic changing events, skyrocketing tuition costs, and an older generation staying in the workforce longer... the budget angle is probably the most damning. 

                                  Are they 'like' 25, or actually 25?

                                  MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                  • 33k Posts
                                  • 3k Reputation
                                  MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

                                  Are they 'like' 25, or actually 25?

                                  Depends on who you ask, as generations generally don't have firm beginning and end points. Quickly search shows oldest as 25, another 24, one 26, etc. Hence 'like" or "about"

                                  Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                  DieHardBrownsFan1D 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 39k Posts
                                    • 9k Reputation
                                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Actually Woodrow I just looked up some articles out of curiosity about the housing and Rental situation I was surprised that Zoomers lean more towards homeownership than Millennials as it says in the conclusion of the q i r  u s piece. Not to Fan any flames of Millennials vs Zoomers vs. Boomers versus anybody. Being the youngest the ridiculously high rental or purchase prices wouldn't seem so much of a shock to them not having grown up with something other.

                                    WSS

                                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                    MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                      @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

                                      Are they 'like' 25, or actually 25?

                                      Depends on who you ask, as generations generally don't have firm beginning and end points. Quickly search shows oldest as 25, another 24, one 26, etc. Hence 'like" or "about"

                                      DieHardBrownsFan1 DieHardBrownsFan1D One Year In Posting Machine Very Popular One Month Later Week One Done Dedicated Collaborator Conversation Starter Reacting Well First Post
                                      • 4k Posts
                                      • 3k Reputation
                                      DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @mld-woody said:

                                      Depends on who you ask, as generations generally don't have firm beginning and end points. Quickly search shows oldest as 25, another 24, one 26, etc. Hence 'like" or "about"

                                      Like okay.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      😂
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • W Westside Steve

                                        Actually Woodrow I just looked up some articles out of curiosity about the housing and Rental situation I was surprised that Zoomers lean more towards homeownership than Millennials as it says in the conclusion of the q i r  u s piece. Not to Fan any flames of Millennials vs Zoomers vs. Boomers versus anybody. Being the youngest the ridiculously high rental or purchase prices wouldn't seem so much of a shock to them not having grown up with something other.

                                        WSS

                                        MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                        • 33k Posts
                                        • 3k Reputation
                                        MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @westside-steve said:

                                        Actually Woodrow I just looked up some articles out of curiosity about the housing and Rental situation I was surprised that Zoomers lean more towards homeownership than Millennials as it says in the conclusion of the q i r  u s piece. Not to Fan any flames of Millennials vs Zoomers vs. Boomers versus anybody. Being the youngest the ridiculously high rental or purchase prices wouldn't seem so much of a shock to them not having grown up with something other.

                                        WSS

                                        I'm saying that conclusion isn't really based on anything. These pieces have compared what millennials are doing and what Zoomers would like to do. Again, the oldest are about 25, the majority aren't buying anything yet. 

                                        Comparing millennials not buying himes because of their economic situation with Zoomers saying they'd like to own homes is an apples and oranges comparison. One is reality and one is a want. 

                                        Your initial post in this back and forth said gen z is more prone to purchase but I haven't seen anything really backing that up yet. Maybe in 5-10 years we'll know more, but then everything would need normalized for economic situation.

                                        Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                        VamboV 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                          @westside-steve said:

                                          Actually Woodrow I just looked up some articles out of curiosity about the housing and Rental situation I was surprised that Zoomers lean more towards homeownership than Millennials as it says in the conclusion of the q i r  u s piece. Not to Fan any flames of Millennials vs Zoomers vs. Boomers versus anybody. Being the youngest the ridiculously high rental or purchase prices wouldn't seem so much of a shock to them not having grown up with something other.

                                          WSS

                                          I'm saying that conclusion isn't really based on anything. These pieces have compared what millennials are doing and what Zoomers would like to do. Again, the oldest are about 25, the majority aren't buying anything yet. 

                                          Comparing millennials not buying himes because of their economic situation with Zoomers saying they'd like to own homes is an apples and oranges comparison. One is reality and one is a want. 

                                          Your initial post in this back and forth said gen z is more prone to purchase but I haven't seen anything really backing that up yet. Maybe in 5-10 years we'll know more, but then everything would need normalized for economic situation.

                                          Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                          • 18k Posts
                                          • 6k Reputation
                                          VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @mld-woody said:

                                          I'm saying that conclusion isn't really based on anything. These pieces have compared what millennials are doing and what Zoomers would like to do. Again, the oldest are about 25, the majority aren't buying anything yet. 

                                          Comparing millennials not buying himes because of their economic situation with Zoomers saying they'd like to own homes is an apples and oranges comparison. One is reality and one is a want. 

                                          Your initial post in this back and forth said gen z is more prone to purchase but I haven't seen anything really backing that up yet. Maybe in 5-10 years we'll know more, but then everything would need normalized for economic situation.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          😂
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate