OVERTIME?
-
Regular season or do you include playoffs?
Here are the opponents. https://www.buffalobills.com/schedule/future-opponents
Regular season. 10-7 at best.
-
College overtime rules are the best and always have been the best.
The fact ties exist at all is stupid.
But as is, I think both teams should get at least one offensive possession regardless of a TD or not in OT.
College overtime rules are the best and always have been the best.
The fact ties exist at all is stupid.
But as is, I think both teams should get at least one offensive possession regardless of a TD or not in OT.
Obviously, you can't have a tie in a playoff game. I think both teams should get a shot on the first go. After that, 1st to score in any form. In the regular season, no overtime works for me. Ties can work against you, they can help you. If not being in a tie is the goal, you can take steps the entire game to reduce that chance.
It shouldn't just be a thought process in the last minutes of a game. Like I said, sometimes a tie is just fine.
-
Last season they were 11-6 and I expect they will match or beat that with Miller added to an already excellent D. You're on for a ?.?
No problem, bet is on!!!
Point/counter point lol. Their excellent D gave up 42 points vs KC. Yes, only 1 game. but good teams find ways to score. Looking at their schedule, they have to play 5 "subpar offenses" ( NYJets x2, Miami x2, Detroit) based on the 2021 season, and a couple "iffy offenses" (Cle, Pitt).
I maintain this gut feeling they'll be something like the 1989 Browns....good, not great.
-
Last season they were 11-6 and I expect they will match or beat that with Miller added to an already excellent D. You're on for a ?.?
No problem, bet is on!!!
Point/counter point lol. Their excellent D gave up 42 points vs KC. Yes, only 1 game. but good teams find ways to score. Looking at their schedule, they have to play 5 "subpar offenses" ( NYJets x2, Miami x2, Detroit) based on the 2021 season, and a couple "iffy offenses" (Cle, Pitt).
I maintain this gut feeling they'll be something like the 1989 Browns....good, not great.
No problem, bet is on!!!
Point/counter point lol. Their excellent D gave up 42 points vs KC. Yes, only 1 game. but good teams find ways to score. Looking at their schedule, they have to play 5 "subpar offenses" ( NYJets x2, Miami x2, Detroit) based on the 2021 season, and a couple "iffy offenses" (Cle, Pitt).
I maintain this gut feeling they'll be something like the 1989 Browns....good, not great.
And I have followed one of the very best pressure players in the NFL for years. He really was the key to a change of attitude with the Rams this past year. Brings his diligence right into the locker room and convinces everyone they can win it all. He hasn't lost a step.
-
I am good with the as is over time resolution in the NFL. Seems to me to strike a balance between player exposure to injury and fair resolution of a tie.
I am good with the as is over time resolution in the NFL. Seems to me to strike a balance between player exposure to injury and fair resolution of a tie.
I agree.
this issue brought out a lot of “we can’t extend the game for player safety”. If that is the case, Why did the NFL extend the season to 17 games? We know this answer $$$$ but the safety argument is weak IMO if you consider this and other actions by the nfl
-
I am good with the as is over time resolution in the NFL. Seems to me to strike a balance between player exposure to injury and fair resolution of a tie.
I agree.
this issue brought out a lot of “we can’t extend the game for player safety”. If that is the case, Why did the NFL extend the season to 17 games? We know this answer $$$$ but the safety argument is weak IMO if you consider this and other actions by the nfl
this issue brought out a lot of “we can’t extend the game for player safety”.
Risk / Benefit is always a consideration. Extending the season produced a clear and sizeable bennie for the league, which ulitimately will trickle down to the players in future CBAs . Can't see that being the case for more OT snaps.
-
College overtime rules are the best and always have been the best.
The fact ties exist at all is stupid.
But as is, I think both teams should get at least one offensive possession regardless of a TD or not in OT.
Obviously, you can't have a tie in a playoff game. I think both teams should get a shot on the first go. After that, 1st to score in any form. In the regular season, no overtime works for me. Ties can work against you, they can help you. If not being in a tie is the goal, you can take steps the entire game to reduce that chance.
It shouldn't just be a thought process in the last minutes of a game. Like I said, sometimes a tie is just fine.
Obviously, you can't have a tie in a playoff game. I think both teams should get a shot on the first go. After that, 1st to score in any form. In the regular season, no overtime works for me. Ties can work against you, they can help you. If not being in a tie is the goal, you can take steps the entire game to reduce that chance.
It shouldn't just be a thought process in the last minutes of a game. Like I said, sometimes a tie is just fine.
Nothing wrong with that.
I prefer NO OTs in regular season games -but- if they do have OT 15 minutes may be too long, 12 or at least 10 minutes is OK. Try not to over complicate things wherever possible including penalties
-
I am good with the as is over time resolution in the NFL. Seems to me to strike a balance between player exposure to injury and fair resolution of a tie.
I agree.
this issue brought out a lot of “we can’t extend the game for player safety”. If that is the case, Why did the NFL extend the season to 17 games? We know this answer $$$$ but the safety argument is weak IMO if you consider this and other actions by the nfl
I agree.
this issue brought out a lot of “we can’t extend the game for player safety”. If that is the case, Why did the NFL extend the season to 17 games? We know this answer $$$$ but the safety argument is weak IMO if you consider this and other actions by the nfl
If the NFL was really concerned about player safety, they'd eliminate Thursday Night Football
-
I agree.
this issue brought out a lot of “we can’t extend the game for player safety”. If that is the case, Why did the NFL extend the season to 17 games? We know this answer $$$$ but the safety argument is weak IMO if you consider this and other actions by the nfl
If the NFL was really concerned about player safety, they'd eliminate Thursday Night Football
If the NFL was really concerned about player safety, they'd eliminate Thursday Night Football
Exactly. The NFL is SO magnanimous, we can't have Friday Night Football instead (conflicts with high school ball), or Saturday games... The NCAA and power 5 conferences would have a hissy fit.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login