Skip to content

So, NOW WHEN will we know the starting QB?

The Browns Board
35 22 2.3k
  • T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #5

    If the staff didn't know who was going to be the qb opening day we'd be seeing them out there right now.

    Dear god, our current quarterbacks competing for 3rd string is repulsive, I can feel the vomit welling up in the back of my throat.

    it's just like watching DA all last season, maybe a little better.

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I just have to say:

    Hey Mangini, enough is enough already. Just stop delaying the inevitable. It isn't cute, it isn't sly, it isn't "confusing your opponents" and it sure as shit isn't endearing yourself to Browns fans. It's, ahem, gay.

    I mean, what's he gonna do against the Vikes? Trot out a QB with a number 100 jersey with no name on the back, with the mystery QB wearing a Raquel Welch mask or something under his helmet to keep his identity hidden until the Super Bowl? Ooooh.

  • I just have to say:

    Hey Mangini, enough is enough already. Just stop delaying the inevitable. It isn't cute, it isn't sly, it isn't "confusing your opponents" and it sure as shit isn't endearing yourself to Browns fans. It's, ahem, gay.

    I mean, what's he gonna do against the Vikes? Trot out a QB with a number 100 jersey with no name on the back, with the mystery QB wearing a Raquel Welch mask or something under his helmet to keep his identity hidden until the Super Bowl? Ooooh.

    S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by Sez.EJ
    #7

    mz. said:

    I just have to say:

    Hey Mangini, enough is enough already. Just stop delaying the inevitable. It isn't cute, it isn't sly, it isn't "confusing your opponents" and it sure as shit isn't endearing yourself to Browns fans. It's, ahem, gay.

    I mean, what's he gonna do against the Vikes? Trot out a QB with a number 100 jersey with no name on the back, with the mystery QB wearing a Raquel Welch mask or something under his helmet to keep his identity hidden until the Super Bowl? Ooooh.

    So if it's so obvious who it is..why does he have to announce anything?

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I didn't say "obvious" (although it kinda is), I said "inevitable."

  • We will know about an hour before the opener against the vikes...im thinking mangini will start DA just a gut feeling...;(

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @gips said:

    We will know about an hour before the opener against the vikes...im thinking mangini will start DA just a gut feeling...;(

    That gut feeling could be GAS.............................Take some pepto it will go away.

  • C car ramrod wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Just a quick thing. A lot of you guys say it is obvious who the starter is.

    Uhhh, either you guys are blind or watching the wrong team in preseason.

    I really think it is pretty much dead even. DA made some really nice throws. How many 20 plus yard gains did he get?

    BQ has looked really sharp and has good pocket presence. Both converted on 3rd downs and have drove the ball. All while switching series and building no momentum.

    With that said I want to go with brady just to see what he is made of.

    But don't get it wrong. There was no clear cut starter from what we have seen.

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by OconRecon
    #11

    We've heard dead heat many times this preseason, but

    - Quinn started 2 games, DA started 1

    - Quinn scored on a 2-minute drill, DA didn't

    - Quinn threw a TD. DA hasn't.

    - Quinn has a better QB rating this preseason

    - Quinn did not have a meltdown game

    - Quinn has been more consistant, as advertised

    - DA has thrown more INT's, as expected

    - Quinn has thown long passes, dispelling the myth

    Each one of these "wins" are by a small margin, but the amount of total game snaps was few.

    I'll be happy when there is an official announcement. I'll be stunned if it isn't Quinn.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I agree with many in that I don't understand the secrecy in this whole deal.

    I don't think it is going to make any real difference to Minnesota in how they set their plan, so from a strategic standpoint, it isn't a issue....so...why is it still not addressed by the team??

    There are only 2 reasons I can figure...

    1. They really don't know who they want to start as they have the two rated equally

    2. There is some truth to us possibly moving one of them..most likely DA. This is a effort to prop up the value, though I really don't think it could help all that much.

    I suppose there is a 3rd reason...Mangini likes to jerk his players and fans around and gains some sense of power in doing it this way.

  • We've heard dead heat many times this preseason, but

    - Quinn started 2 games, DA started 1

    - Quinn scored on a 2-minute drill, DA didn't

    - Quinn threw a TD. DA hasn't.

    - Quinn has a better QB rating this preseason

    - Quinn did not have a meltdown game

    - Quinn has been more consistant, as advertised

    - DA has thrown more INT's, as expected

    - Quinn has thown long passes, dispelling the myth

    Each one of these "wins" are by a small margin, but the amount of total game snaps was few.

    I'll be happy when there is an official announcement. I'll be stunned if it isn't Quinn.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @oconrecon said:

    - Quinn scored on a 2-minute drill, DA didn't

    yeah Quinn "scored" an interception in the endzone.

  • O osusev wrote on last edited by
    #14

    it does not shock me nothing is announced. I dont think anyone will know who the starter is even though I am pretty sure one is already picked.

    Mangini will make the Vikings prepare for both qbs which is only smart.

    Ocon this is not cut and dry and that Td against the second stringers on a short field turnover is not some sort of deciding factor nor is qb ratings in preseason while both are splitting time.

    I do think Brady has the edge for a variety of reasons most have to do with Mangini hedging for his career not with who is better.

    The wild card is who the new OC think will move our offense better which DA clearly showed he can do with stretching the field that Brady does not do well. the other factor is of course money..... which I think tilts in Da's favor and against BQ.

    For career reasons and fan base support I think BQ showed enough to start for Mangini and will keep DA as a backup in case BQ cant move the offense with his tendancy for dump off quick passes against starters in the NFL and defensive game plans.

  • it does not shock me nothing is announced. I dont think anyone will know who the starter is even though I am pretty sure one is already picked.

    Mangini will make the Vikings prepare for both qbs which is only smart.

    Ocon this is not cut and dry and that Td against the second stringers on a short field turnover is not some sort of deciding factor nor is qb ratings in preseason while both are splitting time.

    I do think Brady has the edge for a variety of reasons most have to do with Mangini hedging for his career not with who is better.

    The wild card is who the new OC think will move our offense better which DA clearly showed he can do with stretching the field that Brady does not do well. the other factor is of course money..... which I think tilts in Da's favor and against BQ.

    For career reasons and fan base support I think BQ showed enough to start for Mangini and will keep DA as a backup in case BQ cant move the offense with his tendancy for dump off quick passes against starters in the NFL and defensive game plans.

    OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by OconRecon
    #15

    @osusev said:

    ...Ocon this is not cut and dry and that Td against the second stringers on a short field turnover is not some sort of deciding factor nor is qb ratings in preseason while both are splitting time...

    Oh I agree. Each item in my list is a small margin item, but its based on what Mangini said he's working with to decide.

    I think the choice will be based more on Mangini's gut feeling rather than any on field stat.

  • @osusev said:

    ...Ocon this is not cut and dry and that Td against the second stringers on a short field turnover is not some sort of deciding factor nor is qb ratings in preseason while both are splitting time...

    Oh I agree. Each item in my list is a small margin item, but its based on what Mangini said he's working with to decide.

    I think the choice will be based more on Mangini's gut feeling rather than any on field stat.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @oconrecon said:

    Oh I agree. Each item in my list is a small margin item, but its based on what Mangini said he's working with to decide.

    I think the choice will be based more on Mangini's gut feeling rather than any on field stat.

    I agree. Many times the decision isn't based on tangible reasons.

  • I just have to say:

    Hey Mangini, enough is enough already. Just stop delaying the inevitable. It isn't cute, it isn't sly, it isn't "confusing your opponents" and it sure as shit isn't endearing yourself to Browns fans. It's, ahem, gay.

    I mean, what's he gonna do against the Vikes? Trot out a QB with a number 100 jersey with no name on the back, with the mystery QB wearing a Raquel Welch mask or something under his helmet to keep his identity hidden until the Super Bowl? Ooooh.

    R roach wrote on last edited by
    #17

    mz. said:

    Hey Mangini, enough is enough already. Just stop delaying the inevitable. It isn't cute, it isn't sly, it isn't "confusing your opponents" and it sure as shit isn't endearing yourself to Browns fans. It's, ahem, gay.

    i don't think he's gay.

  • plumcrazy73P plumcrazy73 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    He could be keeping it quiet to drive up the trade offers for either of them, any of our players are tradable with the right offer.

  • He could be keeping it quiet to drive up the trade offers for either of them, any of our players are tradable with the right offer.

    O osusev wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @plumcrazy73 said:

    He could be keeping it quiet to drive up the trade offers for either of them, any of our players are tradable with the right offer.

    I disagree Plum not ANY... Joe Thomas cant be traded because I have a jersey with his name on it.....

  • M mario wrote on last edited by
    #20

    i could of swore i seen Brady Quinn slip on that Ratliff jersey before the game. The INT due to the underthrow to Robo was classic Quinn.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #21

    WTAM is saying he has admitted to making up his mind but isn't saying. Doesn't say when he'll say.

    At this point it would be a huge shock if it isn't Quinn. This really has been over since before camp. DA would have had to knock Quinn out to win the job and instead he was beaten straight up, although he did play pretty well.

  • @oconrecon said:

    - Quinn scored on a 2-minute drill, DA didn't

    yeah Quinn "scored" an interception in the endzone.

    Old DawgO Old Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @lumbergh said:

    yeah Quinn "scored" an interception in the endzone.

    Lumdick....your days are numbered!!!

  • plumcrazy73P plumcrazy73 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Not saying I want to trade anyone but for the right offer, anyone is available. course some of the ones that others want so do we so the offer would have to be to ridiculous to pass up

  • We've heard dead heat many times this preseason, but

    - Quinn started 2 games, DA started 1

    - Quinn scored on a 2-minute drill, DA didn't

    - Quinn threw a TD. DA hasn't.

    - Quinn has a better QB rating this preseason

    - Quinn did not have a meltdown game

    - Quinn has been more consistant, as advertised

    - DA has thrown more INT's, as expected

    - Quinn has thown long passes, dispelling the myth

    Each one of these "wins" are by a small margin, but the amount of total game snaps was few.

    I'll be happy when there is an official announcement. I'll be stunned if it isn't Quinn.

    M MoonlitKnight wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @oconrecon said:

    We've heard dead heat many times this preseason, but

    - Quinn started 2 games, DA started 1

    - Quinn scored on a 2-minute drill, DA didn't

    - Quinn threw a TD. DA hasn't.

    - Quinn has a better QB rating this preseason

    - Quinn did not have a meltdown game

    - Quinn has been more consistant, as advertised

    - DA has thrown more INT's, as expected

    - Quinn has thown long passes, dispelling the myth

    Each one of these "wins" are by a small margin, but the amount of total game snaps was few.

    I'll be happy when there is an official announcement. I'll be stunned if it isn't Quinn.

    quinns qb rating is ever so slightly above DA's...you quinn fans really make me wonder what your motivation is?I saw on another board where someone was actually advocating quinn as the starter for aesthetic reasons...their point being we need a "face" for our franchise..quinn was nothing much in college..I guess no one remembers quinns draft day,when team after team passed on him..when they moved him into a private room away from the cameras so no one could see him cry. If quinn is the starter,and stinks up the joint I will wait with great anticipation to see how all your quimmers...er quinners spin your way outta that one.