Skip to content

* OK BROWNS fans it's not all you it's  ☆ 2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS time ☆  ( * It also is worth reviewing )

The Tribe Board
58 18 2.8k 2
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Fuck the Guardians and Fuck Paul Doh'lan!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #6

    Nice to see you youngsters are reading something other than.  BROWNS  football for a change........dammit.  And I know your dad so I'm watching you. 

    GO GUARD-IANS  !

  • Personally, I don't give a rats ass about Cleveland baseball.  I'm a Yankees fan.  And I stopped watching baseball lots of years ago.  Waaay too boring.  I'd rather watch golf...or go mow the lawn, or play my guitar, or.......

    I come here solely for the Browns.  But I'll say this, What the hell was wrong with the name Indians?  They were a proud peoples, living off the land.  Lets just throw them in the historical shitter and never speak of them again.  Stupid.  Redskins, well, I can understand.  -  Next, cows are up in arms about the name Cowboys.  And the dairy farmers are standing up for the cows.  Lets change the Dallas Cowboys name too so there will be no more Cowboys & Indians.  

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #7

    @orion said:

    Personally, I don't give a rats ass about Cleveland baseball.  I'm a Yankees fan.  And I stopped watching baseball lots of years ago.  Waaay too boring.  I'd rather watch golf...or go mow the lawn, or play my guitar, or.......

    Yes,  no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, and yes. I sometimes play my old acoustic Martin.

    I come here solely for the Browns.  But I'll say this, What the hell was wrong with the name Indians?  They were a proud peoples, living off the land.  Lets just throw them in the historical shitter and never speak of them again.  Stupid.  Redskins, well, I can understand.  -  Next, cows are up in arms about the name Cowboys.  And the dairy farmers are standing up for the cows.  Lets change the Dallas Cowboys name too so there will be no more Cowboys & Indians.  

    Everything there except for the first sentence is a big no. Those analogies always drive me nuts.

    In the first place Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders, or animals  are not a race or an ethnicity, so it's quite easy to know where the line is drawn.

    So one way to "honor" black people is to have a black sambo caricature with a bone through his nose as a team logo?  Name the team the "Africans" or "Zulus" or some shit. After all, they too are a proud people that live off the land and chuck spears for a living.

    Taking this stance doesn't make you a faggot liberal btw. I am no white guilt liberal sitting atop some perch thinking I know whats best for others because it makes me feel good.

    With all that in mind, you may be surprised to know is that I am not in favor of name changes either. My feeling has always been that if a majority of Native Americans don't give a fuck, then I don't give a fuck about the Indians name or logo or what the fuck you name your team. I just don't know if it's a majority, and I don't think it is. 

    Never heard any Irish people complain about ND's nickname and that  Leprechaun logo, have you? So there ya go.

    I doubt any lib would take on that crusade anyway. Too white.

    And btw fuck the Guardians. Hate that name.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #8

    Holy shit... no bar is too low for some.

    Obviously it's always after midnight somewhere.

    .......   edit add, 10/27/2022.......  ★ And a thank you to Bruce for all of your comments and other great thoughts over the years.  From  mjp and everyone else here on TBB........

  • Personally, I don't give a rats ass about Cleveland baseball.  I'm a Yankees fan.  And I stopped watching baseball lots of years ago.  Waaay too boring.  I'd rather watch golf...or go mow the lawn, or play my guitar, or.......

    I come here solely for the Browns.  But I'll say this, What the hell was wrong with the name Indians?  They were a proud peoples, living off the land.  Lets just throw them in the historical shitter and never speak of them again.  Stupid.  Redskins, well, I can understand.  -  Next, cows are up in arms about the name Cowboys.  And the dairy farmers are standing up for the cows.  Lets change the Dallas Cowboys name too so there will be no more Cowboys & Indians.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #9

    @orion said:

    Personally, I don't give a rats ass about Cleveland baseball.  I'm a Yankees fan.  And I stopped watching baseball lots of years ago.  Waaay too boring.  I'd rather watch golf...or go mow the lawn, or play my guitar, or.......

    I come here solely for the Browns.  But I'll say this, What the hell was wrong with the name Indians?  They were a proud peoples, living off the land.  Lets just throw them in the historical shitter and never speak of them again.  Stupid.  Redskins, well, I can understand.  -  Next, cows are up in arms about the name Cowboys.  And the dairy farmers are standing up for the cows.  Lets change the Dallas Cowboys name too so there will be no more Cowboys & Indians.  

    Yankee$ fan oh God alright you're a NE guy that explains that and you get another pass after all you are a ☆ BROWNS ☆ fan !  

    And baseball isn't that bad it's the only professional sport that I know of where you can fall asleep for a nap and not miss anything.  😆   And it's a fantastic sport if you're retired,  no explanation needed. 

    You can be an INDIANS fan and a BROWNS fan as long as you shift gears in Aug /Sept and  put football first again. 

    <---- Check my bio.   

    So,  GO BROWNS,  INDIANS and OHIO STATE !

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    So what can we expect from the Guardians? 

    Things fall perfectly into place and maybe a wildcard?

    I see we didn’t spend anything and it appears we are being frugal with Jose Ramirez extension. 

  • So what can we expect from the Guardians? 

    Things fall perfectly into place and maybe a wildcard?

    I see we didn’t spend anything and it appears we are being frugal with Jose Ramirez extension. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #11

    @sdbacker80 said:

    So what can we expect from the Guardians? Things fall perfectly into place and maybe a wildcard?

    I see we didn’t spend anything and it appears we are being frugal with Jose Ramirez extension. 

    From the TRIBE Board,  not used to seeing this.  (4/2/2022)

    Screenshot_2022-04-02_111258.jpg

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    So what can we expect from the Guardians? Things fall perfectly into place and maybe a wildcard?

    I see we didn’t spend anything and it appears we are being frugal with Jose Ramirez extension. 

    From the TRIBE Board,  not used to seeing this.  (4/2/2022)

    Screenshot_2022-04-02_111258.jpg

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mjp28 said:

    From the TRIBE FORUM,  not used to seeing this.

    Screenshot_2022-04-02_111258.jpg

    I can’t see us winning the division, but if I was going long on something that would be my second choice. We have some good young bats and pitching is pretty solid…I’m talking myself into it 
     

    I think there some value with Boston at +600.

  • @mjp28 said:

    From the TRIBE FORUM,  not used to seeing this.

    Screenshot_2022-04-02_111258.jpg

    I can’t see us winning the division, but if I was going long on something that would be my second choice. We have some good young bats and pitching is pretty solid…I’m talking myself into it 
     

    I think there some value with Boston at +600.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I can’t see us winning the division, but if I was going long on something that would be my second choice. We have some good young bats - YES !

    and pitching is pretty solid… -YES

    I’m talking myself into it 
     

    I think there some value with Boston at +600.

    In MLB as in any professional sport now you must have some new guys to blend in with the existing good players to keep fresh and growing. 

    The Guardians have the manager and the FO seems to be quite good so they might surprise people in the ALC.

    Sound good ?  I'm trying to get fired up again for this lock out season. 

  • Holy shit... no bar is too low for some.

    Obviously it's always after midnight somewhere.

    .......   edit add, 10/27/2022.......  ★ And a thank you to Bruce for all of your comments and other great thoughts over the years.  From  mjp and everyone else here on TBB........

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Holy shit... no bar is too low for some.

    Obviously it's always after midnight somewhere.

    The guy rambling on about "faggots" took the name of another guy as his handle for this message board.

    What type of guy takes another man's last name? ? 

  • @orion said:

    Personally, I don't give a rats ass about Cleveland baseball.  I'm a Yankees fan.  And I stopped watching baseball lots of years ago.  Waaay too boring.  I'd rather watch golf...or go mow the lawn, or play my guitar, or.......

    I come here solely for the Browns.  But I'll say this, What the hell was wrong with the name Indians?  They were a proud peoples, living off the land.  Lets just throw them in the historical shitter and never speak of them again.  Stupid.  Redskins, well, I can understand.  -  Next, cows are up in arms about the name Cowboys.  And the dairy farmers are standing up for the cows.  Lets change the Dallas Cowboys name too so there will be no more Cowboys & Indians.  

    Yankee$ fan oh God alright you're a NE guy that explains that and you get another pass after all you are a ☆ BROWNS ☆ fan !  

    And baseball isn't that bad it's the only professional sport that I know of where you can fall asleep for a nap and not miss anything.  😆   And it's a fantastic sport if you're retired,  no explanation needed. 

    You can be an INDIANS fan and a BROWNS fan as long as you shift gears in Aug /Sept and  put football first again. 

    <---- Check my bio.   

    So,  GO BROWNS,  INDIANS and OHIO STATE !

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mjp28 said:

    Yankee$ fan oh God alright you're a NE guy that explains that and you get another pass after all you are a ☆ BROWNS ☆ fan !  

    And baseball isn't that bad it's the only professional sport that I know of where you can fall asleep for a nap and not miss anything.  😆   And it's a fantastic sport if you're retired,  no explanation needed. 

    You can be an INDIANS fan and a BROWNS fan as long as you shift gears in Aug /Sept and  put football first again. 

    <---- Check my bio.   

    So,  GO BROWNS,  INDIANS and OHIO STATE !

    But not nearly as boring as soccer.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yankee$ fan oh God alright you're a NE guy that explains that and you get another pass after all you are a ☆ BROWNS ☆ fan !  

    And baseball isn't that bad it's the only professional sport that I know of where you can fall asleep for a nap and not miss anything.  😆   And it's a fantastic sport if you're retired,  no explanation needed. 

    You can be an INDIANS fan and a BROWNS fan as long as you shift gears in Aug /Sept and  put football first again. 

    <---- Check my bio.   

    So,  GO BROWNS,  INDIANS and OHIO STATE !

    But not nearly as boring as soccer.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    But not nearly as boring as soccer.

    I've tried World Cup, Olympics but those 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 games and more just bore me to ZZZzzz's I guess it's not for me. 

    .......except maybe the USA Women's teams I can watch them,  every few years. 

    Some people can say the same about beisbol.......I guess. 

  • Oh boy, a thread of boomers crying about a team name again! 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh boy, a thread of boomers crying about a team name again! 

    Guardians? Did they ask Marvel if they can use Rocket Racoon as their mascot?  😁   Screw Dolan because 0.01% of the (radical) populace of Native Americans found it offensive.  Say so long to Chiefs, Seminoles, and Blackhawks while were at it. Tomahawk chop should be outlawed. 

    Personally I'm a big frontrunner when it comes to the Tribe. If I need a nap, turn on a MLB game. There's more action in any MLS match in 10 minutes than an entire baseball game.  If some turned in their Browns cards because of Deshaun, I've heard of plenty of FORMER Tribe fans who won't follow them anymore because of the name change. .  

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I’m excited for baseball. Man l love this time of year. By August l’m sure l’ll be less enthusiastic, but right now l’m really looking forward to ballpark zen.

    Interestingly, with all the negotiation stuff delaying the season, Opening Day for the Reds is against Cleveland. That’s an interesting twist. Opening Day is a huge deal here in Cincy. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Oh boy, a thread of boomers crying about a team name again! 

    Guardians? Did they ask Marvel if they can use Rocket Racoon as their mascot?  😁   Screw Dolan because 0.01% of the (radical) populace of Native Americans found it offensive.  Say so long to Chiefs, Seminoles, and Blackhawks while were at it. Tomahawk chop should be outlawed. 

    Personally I'm a big frontrunner when it comes to the Tribe. If I need a nap, turn on a MLB game. There's more action in any MLS match in 10 minutes than an entire baseball game.  If some turned in their Browns cards because of Deshaun, I've heard of plenty of FORMER Tribe fans who won't follow them anymore because of the name change. .  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @hoorta said:

    Guardians? Did they ask Marvel if they can use Rocket Racoon as their mascot?  😁   Screw Dolan because 0.01% of the (radical) populace of Native Americans found it offensive.  Say so long to Chiefs, Seminoles, and Blackhawks while were at it. Tomahawk chop should be outlawed. 

    Personally I'm a big frontrunner when it comes to the Tribe. If I need a nap, turn on a MLB game. There's more action in any MLS match in 10 minutes than an entire baseball game.  If some turned in their Browns cards because of Deshaun, I've heard of plenty of FORMER Tribe fans who won't follow them anymore because of the name change. .  

    All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I hope they do move.?

  • @hoorta said:

    Guardians? Did they ask Marvel if they can use Rocket Racoon as their mascot?  😁   Screw Dolan because 0.01% of the (radical) populace of Native Americans found it offensive.  Say so long to Chiefs, Seminoles, and Blackhawks while were at it. Tomahawk chop should be outlawed. 

    Personally I'm a big frontrunner when it comes to the Tribe. If I need a nap, turn on a MLB game. There's more action in any MLS match in 10 minutes than an entire baseball game.  If some turned in their Browns cards because of Deshaun, I've heard of plenty of FORMER Tribe fans who won't follow them anymore because of the name change. .  

    All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

    Imagine being a Pirates fan?  Worst owner in the history of owners.  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

    The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

  • @nickers said:

    All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

    Imagine being a Pirates fan?  Worst owner in the history of owners.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @kvoethe said:

    Imagine being a Pirates fan?  Worst owner in the history of owners.  

    I've always been a Pirates fan over the years amazing how they could win a few World Series and then fall so low.

    In Steelers County yet.

  • I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

    The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

    The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

    OK, they changed the name... I don't give a hoot about Baseball...  India, or Indian-a?  Darn, they should change the name of that state while we're at it...  

    Browns... Racist... Change it to the North Coast Coasters.  😁