Skip to content

* OK BROWNS fans it's not all you it's  ☆ 2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS time ☆  ( * It also is worth reviewing )

The Tribe Board
58 18 2.8k 2
  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I hope they do move.?

  • @hoorta said:

    Guardians? Did they ask Marvel if they can use Rocket Racoon as their mascot?  😁   Screw Dolan because 0.01% of the (radical) populace of Native Americans found it offensive.  Say so long to Chiefs, Seminoles, and Blackhawks while were at it. Tomahawk chop should be outlawed. 

    Personally I'm a big frontrunner when it comes to the Tribe. If I need a nap, turn on a MLB game. There's more action in any MLS match in 10 minutes than an entire baseball game.  If some turned in their Browns cards because of Deshaun, I've heard of plenty of FORMER Tribe fans who won't follow them anymore because of the name change. .  

    All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

    Imagine being a Pirates fan?  Worst owner in the history of owners.  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

    The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

  • @nickers said:

    All Doh'lan has shown to this town is hes a woke fucking coward... He can take this team wherever he wants... I'm done with his cheapness and wokeness...

    Imagine being a Pirates fan?  Worst owner in the history of owners.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @kvoethe said:

    Imagine being a Pirates fan?  Worst owner in the history of owners.  

    I've always been a Pirates fan over the years amazing how they could win a few World Series and then fall so low.

    In Steelers County yet.

  • I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

    The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @dutch-oven said:

    I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

    The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

    OK, they changed the name... I don't give a hoot about Baseball...  India, or Indian-a?  Darn, they should change the name of that state while we're at it...  

    Browns... Racist... Change it to the North Coast Coasters.  😁 

  • @orion said:

    Personally, I don't give a rats ass about Cleveland baseball.  I'm a Yankees fan.  And I stopped watching baseball lots of years ago.  Waaay too boring.  I'd rather watch golf...or go mow the lawn, or play my guitar, or.......

    Yes,  no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, and yes. I sometimes play my old acoustic Martin.

    I come here solely for the Browns.  But I'll say this, What the hell was wrong with the name Indians?  They were a proud peoples, living off the land.  Lets just throw them in the historical shitter and never speak of them again.  Stupid.  Redskins, well, I can understand.  -  Next, cows are up in arms about the name Cowboys.  And the dairy farmers are standing up for the cows.  Lets change the Dallas Cowboys name too so there will be no more Cowboys & Indians.  

    Everything there except for the first sentence is a big no. Those analogies always drive me nuts.

    In the first place Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders, or animals  are not a race or an ethnicity, so it's quite easy to know where the line is drawn.

    So one way to "honor" black people is to have a black sambo caricature with a bone through his nose as a team logo?  Name the team the "Africans" or "Zulus" or some shit. After all, they too are a proud people that live off the land and chuck spears for a living.

    Taking this stance doesn't make you a faggot liberal btw. I am no white guilt liberal sitting atop some perch thinking I know whats best for others because it makes me feel good.

    With all that in mind, you may be surprised to know is that I am not in favor of name changes either. My feeling has always been that if a majority of Native Americans don't give a fuck, then I don't give a fuck about the Indians name or logo or what the fuck you name your team. I just don't know if it's a majority, and I don't think it is. 

    Never heard any Irish people complain about ND's nickname and that  Leprechaun logo, have you? So there ya go.

    I doubt any lib would take on that crusade anyway. Too white.

    And btw fuck the Guardians. Hate that name.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @gorka said:

    In the first place Cowboys, Vikings, Raiders, or animals  are not a race or an ethnicity, so it's quite easy to know where the line is drawn.

    I differ with the Vikings. People from Denmark, Sweden and Norway were Vikings and were considered a different etchnicity towards the rest of Europe. 

    I get the Redskins change, not the Indians one. But it's baseball, I don't care too much either. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #26

    In case you’re interested or even a bit curious I put the projected  2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS Starting lineups and pitching rotation and depth chart over in the TR8BE FORUM.

    Just for your information I put up the starting 1-9 lineup here.  I'll buy anyone a new car if you can guess it exactly . correct in order and spelled correctly. 

    GO TRIBE  !  

    *Projected Lineup .... *posted April 5th before the 2022 run.  Interesting who made it and who's gone for the ALC Champion Guardians. 

    5 made it,  4 did not finish with the team.  Rev. 10/27/22.

      Player POS AB R HR RBI SB AVG OBP SLG OPS BB K
    1 Myles Straw OF 517  73 4 43 28 0.267 0.342 0.346 0.688 59 112
    2 Amed Rosario  OF 540 72 13 60 13 0.280 0.318 0.422 0.740 30 114
    3 Jose Ramirez  3B 558 101 35 102 25 0.271 0.359 0.536 0.895 74 92
    4 Franmil Reyes  DH 539 78 37 100 3 0.254 0.323 0.506 0.829 56 181
    5 Bobby Bradley 1B 390 53 23 62 1 0.213 0.289 0.438 0.727 38 155
    6 Andres Gimenez  SS 399 52 12 42 18 0.246 0.300 0.401 0.701 22 105
    7 Yu-Cheng Chang  2B 233 30 9 32 2 0.232 0.286 0.416 0.702 17 70
    8 Bradley Zimmer  OF 262 36 8 29 11 0.221 0.319 0.359 0.678 27 105
    9 Austin Hedges   C 325 35 13 39 1 0.197 0.252 0.357 0.609 22 102

    *certain rules, regulations, stipulations and other stuff apply in the new car offer and apply to Cleveland GUARDIANS season ticket holders only.   😆

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I can understand the pain changing the name has caused many of you.

    The amount of players on the American League franchise in Cleveland who hailed from, or whose families originated from India is a long and proud one. 

    OK, they changed the name... I don't give a hoot about Baseball...  India, or Indian-a?  Darn, they should change the name of that state while we're at it...  

    Browns... Racist... Change it to the North Coast Coasters.  😁 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @hoorta said:

    OK, they changed the name... I don't give a hoot about Baseball...  India, or Indian-a?  Darn, they should change the name of that state while we're at it...  

    Browns... Racist... Change it to the North Coast Coasters.  😁 

    I'm curious how long States will be able to keep their name... Like... Indiana for example..

  • In case you’re interested or even a bit curious I put the projected  2022 Cleveland GUARDIANS Starting lineups and pitching rotation and depth chart over in the TR8BE FORUM.

    Just for your information I put up the starting 1-9 lineup here.  I'll buy anyone a new car if you can guess it exactly . correct in order and spelled correctly. 

    GO TRIBE  !  

    *Projected Lineup .... *posted April 5th before the 2022 run.  Interesting who made it and who's gone for the ALC Champion Guardians. 

    5 made it,  4 did not finish with the team.  Rev. 10/27/22.

      Player POS AB R HR RBI SB AVG OBP SLG OPS BB K
    1 Myles Straw OF 517  73 4 43 28 0.267 0.342 0.346 0.688 59 112
    2 Amed Rosario  OF 540 72 13 60 13 0.280 0.318 0.422 0.740 30 114
    3 Jose Ramirez  3B 558 101 35 102 25 0.271 0.359 0.536 0.895 74 92
    4 Franmil Reyes  DH 539 78 37 100 3 0.254 0.323 0.506 0.829 56 181
    5 Bobby Bradley 1B 390 53 23 62 1 0.213 0.289 0.438 0.727 38 155
    6 Andres Gimenez  SS 399 52 12 42 18 0.246 0.300 0.401 0.701 22 105
    7 Yu-Cheng Chang  2B 233 30 9 32 2 0.232 0.286 0.416 0.702 17 70
    8 Bradley Zimmer  OF 262 36 8 29 11 0.221 0.319 0.359 0.678 27 105
    9 Austin Hedges   C 325 35 13 39 1 0.197 0.252 0.357 0.609 22 102

    *certain rules, regulations, stipulations and other stuff apply in the new car offer and apply to Cleveland GUARDIANS season ticket holders only.   😆

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #28

    @mjp28 said:

    GO TRIBE  !  

    Projected Lineup

      Player POS AB R HR RBI SB AVG OBP SLG OPS BB K
    1 Myles Straw OF 517  73 4 43 28 0.267 0.342 0.346 0.688 59 112
    2 Amed Rosario  OF 540 72 13 60 13 0.280 0.318 0.422 0.740 30 114
    3 Jose Ramirez  3B 558 101 35 102 25 0.271 0.359 0.536 0.895 74 92
    4 Franmil Reyes  DH 539 78 37 100 3 0.254 0.323 0.506 0.829 56 181
    5 Bobby Bradley 1B 390 53 23 62 1 0.213 0.289 0.438 0.727 38 155
    6 Andres Gimenez  SS 399 52 12 42 18 0.246 0.300 0.401 0.701 22 105
    7 Yu-Cheng Chang  2B 233 30 9 32 2 0.232 0.286 0.416 0.702 17 70
    8 Bradley Zimmer  OF 262 36 8 29 11 0.221 0.319 0.359 0.678 27 105
    9 Austin Hedges   C 325 35 13 39 1 0.197 0.252 0.357 0.609 22 102

    Go Tribe!!

    Go Rays!!  

    ....... * edit add 10/27/22.......  * The Tribe and Rays did alright in 2022.  On to 2023 !  mjp

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    So what can we expect from the Guardians? Things fall perfectly into place and maybe a wildcard?

    I see we didn’t spend anything and it appears we are being frugal with Jose Ramirez extension. 

    From the TRIBE Board,  not used to seeing this.  (4/2/2022)

    Screenshot_2022-04-02_111258.jpg

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #29

    @mjp28 said:

    From the TRIBE Board,  not used to seeing this.  (4/2/2022)

    Not for a good while anyway... but once upon a time...

    We took the ALCentral for granted

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I have the game on now GO REDS 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Remarkable stat….Steven Kwan 115 pitches and No swing and misses.

  • Remarkable stat….Steven Kwan 115 pitches and No swing and misses.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Remarkable stat….Steven Kwan 115 pitches and No swing and misses.

    And the TRIBE leads MLB in runs with 38 in 5 games 7.6/game   -but-  is only 3-2 overall,  more fun with numbers.   😕

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Remarkable stat….Steven Kwan 115 pitches and No swing and misses.

    And the TRIBE leads MLB in runs with 38 in 5 games 7.6/game   -but-  is only 3-2 overall,  more fun with numbers.   😕

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #33

    @mjp28 said:

    And the TRIBE leads MLB in runs with 38 in 5 games 7.6/game   -but-  is only 3-2 overall,  more fun with numbers.   😕

    love this guys approach at the plate…the team is pretty solid IMO.  * not a bad observation...Very scrappy TEAM first hitters

    Two runs the first two games I think.  So 38 is pretty impressive.
     

    I was back in Youngstown this past weekend and Wedgewood Pizza made my original everything pie too crispy…but I had their Philly cheese steak pizza it was tasty.    

    ........ * edit add  10/27/22 .......  * A 4/13 post.    This scrappy team was just that all the way to the ALC Champions l. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    And the TRIBE leads MLB in runs with 38 in 5 games 7.6/game   -but-  is only 3-2 overall,  more fun with numbers.   😕

    love this guys approach at the plate…the team is pretty solid IMO.  * not a bad observation...Very scrappy TEAM first hitters

    Two runs the first two games I think.  So 38 is pretty impressive.
     

    I was back in Youngstown this past weekend and Wedgewood Pizza made my original everything pie too crispy…but I had their Philly cheese steak pizza it was tasty.    

    ........ * edit add  10/27/22 .......  * A 4/13 post.    This scrappy team was just that all the way to the ALC Champions l. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @sdbacker80 said:

    love this guys approach at the plate…the team is pretty solid IMO.  Very scrappy TEAM first hitters

    Two runs the first two games I think.  So 38 is pretty impressive.

    If this offense can be somewhere in the middle-of-the-pack in runs scored, with relative pitching health, they could legitimately contend for a playoff spot. I know "middle-of-the-pack" doesn't sound like I'm very optimistic, but considering how inept their offense was last season, average would be a nice jump. 

    It's been a fun first week. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #35

             ~~~~~ ⚾ ~~~~~

    Friday April 15, 2022 the HOME Opener Versus SF at 7:10 EDST, ta-da !   Exciting,  huh.    😕

               ~~~~~ ⚾ ~~~~~

  •          ~~~~~ ⚾ ~~~~~

    Friday April 15, 2022 the HOME Opener Versus SF at 7:10 EDST, ta-da !   Exciting,  huh.    😕

               ~~~~~ ⚾ ~~~~~

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mjp28 said:

             ~~~~~ ⚾ ~~~~~

    Friday April 15, 2022 the HOME Opener Versus SF at 7:10 EDST, ta-da !   Exciting,  huh.    😕

               ~~~~~ ⚾ ~~~~~

    given a choice? I'd be at that Cav's game.. That place is packed .. Downtown Cleveland is the place to be.. Should be a fun night 🙂

  • @mjp28 said:

             ~~~~~ ⚾ ~~~~~

    Friday April 15, 2022 the HOME Opener Versus SF at 7:10 EDST, ta-da !   Exciting,  huh.    😕

               ~~~~~ ⚾ ~~~~~

    given a choice? I'd be at that Cav's game.. That place is packed .. Downtown Cleveland is the place to be.. Should be a fun night 🙂

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @gumby73 said:

    given a choice? I'd be at that Cav's game.. That place is packed .. Downtown Cleveland is the place to be.. Should be a fun night 🙂

    Progressive Field is a sellout, should be fun !

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Even if it's chilly, it's a nice night for baseball. 

    671756882.thumb.jpg.d59b0e1dc1b9c2c88798659591244f81.jpg

  • Even if it's chilly, it's a nice night for baseball. 

    671756882.thumb.jpg.d59b0e1dc1b9c2c88798659591244f81.jpg

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tiamat63 said:

    Even if it's chilly, it's a nice night for baseball. 

    671756882.thumb.jpg.d59b0e1dc1b9c2c88798659591244f81.jpg

    Go tackle that fella in the white hoodie tia. I'll give you a dollar. ?