Baker to Carolina
-
Digging for more.....
️
“That was a decision made between our organization, Baker and Baker’s team. Felt like that was the best decision for both sides,”
told reporters during OTAs on June 8.Meanwhile, the Browns are still waiting for a sense of clarity on what will happen with Watson, who is facing a likely suspension from the league. But even if Watson is suspended a significant amount of time, Mayfield will not be sticking around to hold down the starting spot.
“He’s done with them, and they’re done with him,” a source told Graziano. “That was true once he found out they were trying to trade for Deshaun.”
-
yeah! your right.. a sweet barmaid had to cut me off at 9pm... ? Good Night Merica
I'm not a bar guy at all, but after A&M went from the bottom of the SEC baseball conference last year to the top of the SEC West and first team to make it to the CWS in Omaha yesterday under their new HC, I was sorely tempted to become one in celebration.???
I'm not a bar guy at all,
A&M first team to make it to the CWS... Congrats!
I was sorely tempted to become one in celebration.???
Ding/ding/ding! We have a Winner !
Question..What could cancel a 4 friendly neighborhood poker card weekend?
Answer... When all 4 can literally walk blocks, into a 3 day bar hop, into numerous college campus bars to the Greenville,NC CWS regional at ECU...
TV did no justice, to the football size team, that the loaded up Texas Longhorns
team walked in here with.. Still had a great weekend ! (back to this thing called a job?)
Like any Browns fan...I'm use to all my off-season teams losing
just in time for some Mandatory ? Camp week talk.... #LFG !
-
-
Jonathan Jones from CBS Sports. . .
Faker trade talk with "urgency" on Carolina's side? is it Christmas already?
-
Jonathan Jones from CBS Sports. . .
Faker trade talk with "urgency" on Carolina's side? is it Christmas already?
Faker trade talk with "urgency" on Carolina's side? is it Christmas already?
I just hope this whole trade Baker Mayfield scenario has a “Happy Ending”.
-
Faker trade talk with "urgency" on Carolina's side? is it Christmas already?
I just hope this whole trade Baker Mayfield scenario has a “Happy Ending”.
I just hope this whole trade Baker Mayfield scenario has a “Happy Ending”.
Yes .... or at least not a crash landing.

-
-
Joel Bitonio on Baker Mayfield and more...
A couple things Bitonio said were very true about Mayfield, Watson and quarterbacking in the NFL .... without going out too far on the limb.
......“He’s a tough guy and he played his heart out for us and I’ll always respect that. He’s still a friend of mine. We text occasionally and I think like everybody else, he’s kind of waiting it out to see where he’s going, but Baker did a lot for this franchise. He won a lot of games, he was a great player for us and I’ll always be a friend.”.....
..... “He’s always had that chip on his shoulder and I’m sure it’s continued to get bigger and bigger,’’ Bitonio said. “A team’s going to give him a chance. I know the contract situation is working itself out but he’ll get a chance to play. Quarterback is such a scarcity in the league that he’ll get a chance to play and perform again.’’ .....
...... Watson, who has 24 pending civil suits against him, is awaiting word from the NFL on a suspension. A league source said the Browns expect to hear something by the end of the month, and Bitonio confirmed an air of uncertainty over the team.
“[A suspension is] definitely a potential,’’ he said. “I can’t really control much with it, so I try not to worry about those things. And we’ll go into the season, I think we have really good quality backup quarterbacks that have played a lot of football in Jacoby [Brissett] and Josh [Dobbs]. It’s one of those things that it might happen, it might not, we don’t know. And we can’t truly worry about it, but if it does, I think we have the right character in the room to handle that adversity.’’Bitonio, ever the optimist, believes this team can go the distance...... -
That's where I'd like to see him go, I think the Carolina organization is s*** to begin with.
WSS
-
Baker for Poona Ford...
pipe dream ?
-
Mayfield is fine where he's at right now. His value will not change until we get into training camp and beyond. Odds are someone will decide that they need to get him. I'd probably keep ownership of him at least until the trading deadline. It's a roster spot, I know...and they're valuable...but Baker represents a draft pick...and they're valuable too.
-
I do not believe that Watson is a better QB than Baker.
Just when I believed things were going well we had to go and try to fix what wasn't broken.
QB was not the only problem last year. Chubb and Hunt both missed games and were hurt. Landry was hurt. OBJ and his daddy screwed us over...
On top of that Baker was injured. This reminds me of why Jim Brown left before his time. This reminds me why Kosar got a ring AFTER he left. I really believe that the Cleveland Media revel in the Browns losing or being bad. As soon as we climb out of the basement they chase off the #4 all time best QB that we've ever had for a headcase that is D. Watson.
I'll never understand.
Baker should get this season to finish what he started.
-
I do not believe that Watson is a better QB than Baker.
Just when I believed things were going well we had to go and try to fix what wasn't broken.
QB was not the only problem last year. Chubb and Hunt both missed games and were hurt. Landry was hurt. OBJ and his daddy screwed us over...
On top of that Baker was injured. This reminds me of why Jim Brown left before his time. This reminds me why Kosar got a ring AFTER he left. I really believe that the Cleveland Media revel in the Browns losing or being bad. As soon as we climb out of the basement they chase off the #4 all time best QB that we've ever had for a headcase that is D. Watson.
I'll never understand.
Baker should get this season to finish what he started.
-
If Mayfield didn't try to play hero and make a shoulder tackle on a DB with a full head of steam off of an interception, we would not be talking about this. And the fact that he went on as long as he did with that injury.
-
If Mayfield didn't try to play hero and make a shoulder tackle on a DB with a full head of steam off of an interception, we would not be talking about this. And the fact that he went on as long as he did with that injury.
If Mayfield didn't try to play hero and make a shoulder tackle on a DB with a full head of steam off of an interception, we would not be talking about this. And the fact that he went on as long as he did with that injury.
So the Browns are wrong about cutting ties to a QB who made two really bad decisions? Ok, got it.
-
-
People are more than welcome to have the opinion that Watson is a scumbag. I get that.
But saying that Baker Mayfield is as good, or better than Watson on the field?
That's ridiculous.
-
If Mayfield didn't try to play hero and make a shoulder tackle on a DB with a full head of steam off of an interception, we would not be talking about this. And the fact that he went on as long as he did with that injury.
If Mayfield didn't try to play hero and make a shoulder tackle on a DB with a full head of steam off of an interception, we would not be talking about this. And the fact that he went on as long as he did with that injury.
I get what you are saying, but I don't know if I totally believe it.
You would have thought the Browns would have offered Baker a contract extension after his 2020 season, but I really get the impression that this front office and coaching staff always had one eye looking for an upgrade.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


