Skip to content

Baker to Carolina

The Browns Board
952 57 40.2k 1
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Just think "what if"  and another quarterback was picked......all quarterback stories for years might have been drastically different. 

    Even up to 2022..  No Mayfield picked, no BW stories,  different drafts ????????

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    1. The 2014 Draft all quarterbacks drafted Blake Bortles was first then WOW, what if.......right up to today !  Look at numbers 3, 4, 5.   Scouting or just luck ?   😮 😆 😳

    Screenshot_2022-07-10_101040.jpg

  • @westside-steve said:

    Neither one was my dream scenario but I'd have preferred Seattle. Carolina is garbage.

    WSS 

    Panthers have a good front 7 and secondary.    They also have a good RB room provided Run CMC comes back healthy.    They invested resources into their oline this off season and their WR room - Higgins, DJ Moore and Robby Anderson are all good targets.

    They play in a tough division.  "Garbage" is hardly the word I would use.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Panthers have a good front 7 and secondary.    They also have a good RB room provided Run CMC comes back healthy.    They invested resources into their oline this off season and their WR room - Higgins, DJ Moore and Robby Anderson are all good targets.

    They play in a tough division.  "Garbage" is hardly the word I would use.

    I agree with you.  I think it's a very good opportunity for him.  There's some playmakers in that offense; and they drafted the Offensive Tackle they wanted at #6 overall.  

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Mayfield is with Carolina now.  We play them first regular season game.  And some so called 'Browns fans' are hoping he beats us.

    Think of it as wanting to teach the one you love a lesson for being naughty.

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    @fy56 said:

    Think of it as wanting to teach the one you love a lesson for being naughty.

    Nah.  He's not a Brown I hope we beat them, and bad.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Physically tough…mentally weak

    DW is so mentally weak that he had a NFL MVP season on a team with a losing record.  2020 Texans redefined train wreck and stupid roster mgmt outside of DW's single-minded focus. [That Texans self-dismantle does have to be one of the top 15 wastes of a good roster in NFL history.]

    The only time "focused" is in the same sentence as Baker is when it's right after the word "Not."

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    DW is so mentally weak that he had a NFL MVP season on a team with a losing record.

    And he sat out the 2021 season because he was so mentally and emotionally mature?

  • @fy56 said:

    Think of it as wanting to teach the one you love a lesson for being naughty.

    Nah.  He's not a Brown I hope we beat them, and bad.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Nah.  He's not a Brown I hope we beat them, and bad.

    Yes.  The richest Cleveland BROWNS' player in the club history    -and-   he hasn't taken a single GAMEDAY snap with them ever.

    And we don't know exactly when.   He's getting  "fat and happy "   as a BROWN  in fact he can before too long retire as a   "fat and happy "  BROWN. 

    It's a terrible incentive for a rookie or oldie to become extremely wealthy without taking a snap......they can just mentally retire, soon to be followed by physically be gone.

    The BROWNS  may be in a very bad situation and can't do a d*mn  thing about it. 

    Scary.

  • @fy56 said:

    Think of it as wanting to teach the one you love a lesson for being naughty.

    Nah.  He's not a Brown I hope we beat them, and bad.

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by FY56

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Nah.  He's not a Brown I hope we beat them, and bad.

    Me too but I wasn't talking about Baker.

     "The one you love" was meant to be the Browns. Losing to Carolina is what fans perceive as teaching the organization a lesson at the expense of the team they love... for what they perceive was a major fuck up.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    DW is so mentally weak that he had a NFL MVP season on a team with a losing record.

    And he sat out the 2021 season because he was so mentally and emotionally mature?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @canton-dawg said:

    And he sat out the 2021 season because he was so mentally and emotionally mature?

    That scares the football  ?  size crap out of me.

    An emotional psyco soon to be the Cleveland Browns starting quarterback who before too many years can just fade away.   He has NO incentive to do anything. 

    Maybe his character as a football player and person will carry him on to victory..................we hope.           😕

    GO BROWNS  !      

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Nah.  He's not a Brown I hope we beat them, and bad.

    Yes.  The richest Cleveland BROWNS' player in the club history    -and-   he hasn't taken a single GAMEDAY snap with them ever.

    And we don't know exactly when.   He's getting  "fat and happy "   as a BROWN  in fact he can before too long retire as a   "fat and happy "  BROWN. 

    It's a terrible incentive for a rookie or oldie to become extremely wealthy without taking a snap......they can just mentally retire, soon to be followed by physically be gone.

    The BROWNS  may be in a very bad situation and can't do a d*mn  thing about it. 

    Scary.

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes.  The richest Cleveland BROWNS' player in the club history    -and-   he hasn't taken a single GAMEDAY snap with them ever.

    And we don't know exactly when.   He's getting  "fat and happy "   as a BROWN  in fact he can before too long retire as a   "fat and happy "  BROWN. 

    It's a terrible incentive for a rookie or oldie to become extremely wealthy without taking a snap......they can just mentally retire, soon to be followed by physically be gone.

    The BROWNS  may be in a very bad situation and can't do a d*mn  thing about it. 

    Scary.

    That sounds like a response that shoulda went to me rather than DieHard!!

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes.  The richest Cleveland BROWNS' player in the club history    -and-   he hasn't taken a single GAMEDAY snap with them ever.

    And we don't know exactly when.   He's getting  "fat and happy "   as a BROWN  in fact he can before too long retire as a   "fat and happy "  BROWN. 

    It's a terrible incentive for a rookie or oldie to become extremely wealthy without taking a snap......they can just mentally retire, soon to be followed by physically be gone.

    The BROWNS  may be in a very bad situation and can't do a d*mn  thing about it. 

    Scary.

    That sounds like a response that shoulda went to me rather than DieHard!!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @fy56 said:

    That sounds like a response that shoulda went to me rather than DieHard!!

    May it be applied to all of us when it comes to.  "going for bust"   in picking and investing a quarterback and the Cleveland Browns future.

    Big gamble and hopefully good results......we'll find out pretty soon.    Suspension  ?  How long ?  W/L on the field ?

    It's going to get quite interesting. 

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    I'm so glad Baker's gone. I do wish we had a young Peyton Manning as his replacement, on a standard NFL contract, but I used up my 3rd wish getting my daughter home from Australia for a 6 week visit.... sorry. 

  • I'm so glad Baker's gone. I do wish we had a young Peyton Manning as his replacement, on a standard NFL contract, but I used up my 3rd wish getting my daughter home from Australia for a 6 week visit.... sorry. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    I'm so glad Baker's gone. I do wish we had a young Peyton Manning as his replacement, on a standard NFL contract, but I used up my 3rd wish getting my daughter home from Australia for a 6 week visit.... sorry. 

    It would have been an interesting offseason if the Browns would have traded for Russell Wilson instead of Deshaun Watson. 

    \

  • @unsympathetic said:

    DW is so mentally weak that he had a NFL MVP season on a team with a losing record.

    And he sat out the 2021 season because he was so mentally and emotionally mature?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    And he sat out the 2021 season because he was so mentally and emotionally mature?

    He sat out the entire 2021 season for the same exact reason Baker would have sat out this season with the Browns. 

    He had no interest playing for the team he was contracted to play for. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    And he sat out the 2021 season because he was so mentally and emotionally mature?

    He sat out the entire 2021 season for the same exact reason Baker would have sat out this season with the Browns. 

    He had no interest playing for the team he was contracted to play for. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @dutch-oven said:

    He sat out the entire 2021 season for the same exact reason Baker would have sat out this season with the Browns. 

    He had no interest playing for the team he was contracted to play for. 

    Baker never said he would hold out. Matter of fact he left the door open even though I can't imagine why.

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    He sat out the entire 2021 season for the same exact reason Baker would have sat out this season with the Browns. 

    He had no interest playing for the team he was contracted to play for. 

    Baker never said he would hold out. Matter of fact he left the door open even though I can't imagine why.

    WSS

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @westside-steve said:

    Baker never said he would hold out. Matter of fact you left the door open even though I can't imagine why.

    WSS

    I left what door open? 

    (Or did you mean to write "Matter of fact he left the door..."?)

  • @westside-steve said:

    Baker never said he would hold out. Matter of fact you left the door open even though I can't imagine why.

    WSS

    I left what door open? 

    (Or did you mean to write "Matter of fact he left the door..."?)

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @dutch-oven said:

    I left what door open? 

    (Or did you mean to write "Matter of fact he left the door..."?)

    typo

    "he"

    He said the team would have to reach out to him which of course they weren't going to. Rightly so if they felt the way they did.

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I left what door open? 

    (Or did you mean to write "Matter of fact he left the door..."?)

    typo

    "he"

    He said the team would have to reach out to him which of course they weren't going to. Rightly so if they felt the way they did.

    WSS

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    typo

    "he"

    He said the team would have to reach out to him which of course they weren't going to. Rightly so if they felt the way they did.

    WSS

    Not oven door ?  Sorry I can't miss a softball lob.   Not LOB.   LOL.   😆

  • @d-bone said:

    I'm so glad Baker's gone. I do wish we had a young Peyton Manning as his replacement, on a standard NFL contract, but I used up my 3rd wish getting my daughter home from Australia for a 6 week visit.... sorry. 

    It would have been an interesting offseason if the Browns would have traded for Russell Wilson instead of Deshaun Watson. 

    \

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    It would have been an interesting offseason if the Browns would have traded for Russell Wilson instead of Deshaun Watson. 

    \

    Yep, being a Broncos fan too, I want to see what he does there.

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    Why don't these morons who are reporting how Mayfield's teammates disliked him, provide some names ore quotes?...because it's B.S., that's why... OBJ??....who gives a crap about that whiney ass prima dona? He never wanted to come here, and tried every angle to get out. He sure as Hell was no top notch receiver here. I could make a video of easy throws that he just dropped that would be longer than the one he produced. Why would Mayfield continue to throw him the ball, when he drops everything he touches? 

  • Why don't these morons who are reporting how Mayfield's teammates disliked him, provide some names ore quotes?...because it's B.S., that's why... OBJ??....who gives a crap about that whiney ass prima dona? He never wanted to come here, and tried every angle to get out. He sure as Hell was no top notch receiver here. I could make a video of easy throws that he just dropped that would be longer than the one he produced. Why would Mayfield continue to throw him the ball, when he drops everything he touches? 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    Why don't these morons who are reporting how Mayfield's teammates disliked him, provide some names ore quotes?...because it's B.S., that's why... OBJ??....who gives a crap about that whiney ass prima dona? He never wanted to come here, and tried every angle to get out. He sure as Hell was no top notch receiver here. I could make a video of easy throws that he just dropped that would be longer than the one he produced. Why would Mayfield continue to throw him the ball, when he drops everything he touches? 

    Probably a couple reasons for not naming names, first of all if you rat out your Source he's probably not going to talk to you ever again. Number two there's nothing else to talk about during this time of the year so they make shit up and call it a rumor. Rumors mock drafts speculation predictions draft grades analysis yada yada yada just something for people to read when there's no real news.

    WSS