Baker to Carolina
-
Maybe the absolute final Baker Mayfield numbers might be written in the 2022 NFL Week 1 - September 11, 2022 1 pm on CBS the visiting Cleveland BROWNS at the home team Carolina Panthers.
Expected starting quarterbacks TBD vs Baker Mayfield in the sure to be the most hyped game in the NFL Week 1.
Getting excited yet ? Maybe give it a month or so.
.......edit add, I personally think BRM might even be pumped up in the upcoming preseason, eh ? Might be worth watching what happens next.
...... edit two, I wonder if the camps and preseason will show how much BRM has in the ol' tank and heart. Is he going to be up to his 2018 rookie performance thrown into action and going 6-7. Or maybe his 2020 and 11-5 playoff record year. Or the greatly disappointing 2019 or 2021 years. Which BRM shows up in 2022 its anyone's guess right now.
Doesn't sound like a franchise quarterback on a good team does it ?
-
OK it's 2:36 Tuesday am and my left hip is thumping.....Rx time......ahhhhh.
Just kidding Browns fans, I'm trying to read to fall asleep. It's not working.....yet.
And just one more shot at the "beating a dead horse" thing. The last three categories on is BRM an (ok-good-franchise) quarterback. (pick only one)
I never thought that I'd see these three three BROWNS quarterbacks in one line-up.....Otto, Milt, Baker.......from when I was 4, 10, 70 all together. Amazing.
Brings back memories of Otto after he retired, Milt when I was playing backyard and 5th/6th grade tackle football in full uniforms and Baker ahhh what the hell was I doing when I was 70? Oh yeah new meds, lol.
Seriously though like I've always said what's better than having fun with numbers. Especially when they add up right, eventually.
Oh my answer is BRM is a good quarterback and I can prove it god dammit......and "stay off my yard dammit ......and I know your parents! !
Hmmmm, 3:11 am, still awake. Maybe I'll try Facebook, yeah that might w-o-..... ?
-
I have thought about the injury deal.
My feeling is Baker had some really good games while "injured", so why did the injurt not bother him in those games?
Just saying
well, football is a game of matchups. Let's say, sometimes the weak wr group could get open vs one team's secondary, sometimes they couldn't get open much at all. Maybe....some teams don't have great pass rushers and a terrific secondary, with fast lb's who can also cover short range....
maybe....sometimes Stephanski's stupid playcalling screwed up the browns' chances, sometimes didn't.
well, football is a game of matchups. Let's say, sometimes the weak wr group could get open vs one team's secondary, sometimes they couldn't get open much at all. Maybe....some teams don't have great pass rushers and a terrific secondary, with fast lb's who can also cover short range....
maybe....sometimes Stephanski's stupid playcalling screwed up the browns' chances, sometimes didn't.
I don't know.
I guess when a play doesn't work it might be called a stupid play. Then again, maybe it just didn't work. We are playing against other players who are trying to stop us from moving the ball.
No matter how bad we might think they are, they are going to win some of those battles.
-
And we gave him away for literally nothing... Typical dumb Browns moves..
Who offered more that we got? Were their any other teams interested? My feeling is if Baker was all that good, we would have had multiple teams seeking his services no matter the thought that we didn't have leverage. If Baker was good enough, we would have had leverage because multiple interested teams would have created said leverage.
A note on Cals numbers posted. The game is different than when Otto played. Posting up numbers that show Baker just behind Otto doesn't make Baker set to be better than Otto Graham.
And just to be clear. I like Baker and wanted to draft him. I would have been good with keeping him, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a middle of the pack QB. We could win with him, but probably not because of him.
-
And we gave him away for literally nothing... Typical dumb Browns moves..
Who offered more that we got? Were their any other teams interested? My feeling is if Baker was all that good, we would have had multiple teams seeking his services no matter the thought that we didn't have leverage. If Baker was good enough, we would have had leverage because multiple interested teams would have created said leverage.
A note on Cals numbers posted. The game is different than when Otto played. Posting up numbers that show Baker just behind Otto doesn't make Baker set to be better than Otto Graham.
And just to be clear. I like Baker and wanted to draft him. I would have been good with keeping him, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a middle of the pack QB. We could win with him, but probably not because of him.
Who offered more that we got? Were their any other teams interested? My feeling is if Baker was all that good, we would have had multiple teams seeking his services no matter the thought that we didn't have leverage. If Baker was good enough, we would have had leverage because multiple interested teams would have created said leverage.
I found it telling that the none of the other teams involved in the Watson sweepstakes seemed to have any interest in Baker. If he is as good as Watson, or barely behind him, you would have thought that the losers in the Watson sweepstakes would have jumped at the relative pittance wanted by the Browns for Baker. Say, a third rounder and picking up $18 mill for a starting QB?
Crickets.
-
Funny how everyone is yapping about what the Browns had to fork out to get rid of Mayfield.
Yet nobody is talking about the shit for brains that extended his contract THEN went shopping for his replacement.
If AB worked for any competent company, his ass would’ve been fired for pissing away millions of dollars.
But the Browns doesn’t qualify as a competent organization.
-
Funny how everyone is yapping about what the Browns had to fork out to get rid of Mayfield.
Yet nobody is talking about the shit for brains that extended his contract THEN went shopping for his replacement.
If AB worked for any competent company, his ass would’ve been fired for pissing away millions of dollars.
But the Browns doesn’t qualify as a competent organization.
Funny how everyone is yapping about what the Browns had to fork out to get rid of Mayfield.
Yet nobody is talking about the shit for brains that extended his contract THEN went shopping for his replacement.
If AB worked for any competent company, his ass would’ve been fired for pissing away millions of dollars.
But the Browns doesn’t qualify as a competent organization.
Thus far he’s been paid like an average .500 QB.
and Everyone needs to relax…we had Jay Cutler. Not Drew Brees but not Colt McCoy either.turn the page…
-
Are we blaming Baker for anything that happened in 2019 when he left clean pockets more than any other QB in The NFL?
-
Funny how everyone is yapping about what the Browns had to fork out to get rid of Mayfield.
Yet nobody is talking about the shit for brains that extended his contract THEN went shopping for his replacement.
If AB worked for any competent company, his ass would’ve been fired for pissing away millions of dollars.
But the Browns doesn’t qualify as a competent organization.
Thus far he’s been paid like an average .500 QB.
and Everyone needs to relax…we had Jay Cutler. Not Drew Brees but not Colt McCoy either.turn the page…
Thus far he’s been paid like an average .500 QB.
and Everyone needs to relax…we had Jay Cutler. Not Drew Brees but not Colt McCoy either.turn the page…
DW has a .519 career win/loss record.
So don’t you find it strange he’s making $230 million?
-
Funny how everyone is yapping about what the Browns had to fork out to get rid of Mayfield.
Yet nobody is talking about the shit for brains that extended his contract THEN went shopping for his replacement.
If AB worked for any competent company, his ass would’ve been fired for pissing away millions of dollars.
But the Browns doesn’t qualify as a competent organization.
Funny how everyone is yapping about what the Browns had to fork out to get rid of Mayfield.
Yet nobody is talking about the shit for brains that extended his contract THEN went shopping for his replacement.
If AB worked for any competent company, his ass would’ve been fired for pissing away millions of dollars.
But the Browns doesn’t qualify as a competent organization.
@canton-dawg your post is common sensical in approach, but did you really think the Browns wouldn't pick up his option? Do you not agree that things are always fluid in the NFL and can change quickly? Not trying to give you any shit here either, but genuinely curious as to why you think it would be sensible to give Baker big money and extend him for years just because we picked up his option after he had a good season.
He was not good last year. It was all over film and there were all kinds of other rumblings regarding his leadership or lack thereof, along with social media drama with him and his wife. I could go on and on, but the Browns were moving on regardless of the Watson scenario. Picking up an option is to further evaluate a player before risking a huge money investment, that's unless the player obviously sucks and Baker didn't at the time.
This board is very polarized by Baker and full of agendas on both sides of the coin. Hopefully, we hear something on Watson soon and move on.
Personally, and I posted this on Flugel's thread before Cal started this one, Baker will go down in Browns history as a top 5 QB. I don't care what generation, those are the facts. Trying to wipe away his accomplishments is just as ridiculous as claiming the Browns should have went into this season with him as a lame duck after the drama of last season and piss poor performance.
-
Thus far he’s been paid like an average .500 QB.
and Everyone needs to relax…we had Jay Cutler. Not Drew Brees but not Colt McCoy either.turn the page…
DW has a .519 career win/loss record.
So don’t you find it strange he’s making $230 million?
DW has a .519 career win/loss record.
So don’t you find it strange he’s making $230 million?
No i don’t.
And let’s bring in the Baker Built in excuses. Texans had two years of playoff football with Watson at QB and Hopkins at WR. They trade away Hopkins and suffer through HC change and go 4-12. -
And we gave him away for literally nothing... Typical dumb Browns moves..
Who offered more that we got? Were their any other teams interested? My feeling is if Baker was all that good, we would have had multiple teams seeking his services no matter the thought that we didn't have leverage. If Baker was good enough, we would have had leverage because multiple interested teams would have created said leverage.
A note on Cals numbers posted. The game is different than when Otto played. Posting up numbers that show Baker just behind Otto doesn't make Baker set to be better than Otto Graham.
And just to be clear. I like Baker and wanted to draft him. I would have been good with keeping him, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a middle of the pack QB. We could win with him, but probably not because of him.
Who offered more that we got? Were their any other teams interested? My feeling is if Baker was all that good, we would have had multiple teams seeking his services no matter the thought that we didn't have leverage. If Baker was good enough, we would have had leverage because multiple interested teams would have created said leverage.
A note on Cals numbers posted. The game is different than when Otto played. Posting up numbers that show Baker just behind Otto doesn't make Baker set to be better than Otto Graham.
And just to be clear. I like Baker and wanted to draft him. I would have been good with keeping him, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a middle of the pack QB. We could win with him, but probably not because of him.
@ballpeen this was bad timing for Baker given all the variables (his mouth, whispers the Browns wanted an adult at QB, the bad blood separation, his injury, coming off a bad season, being a video gaming junkie rather than a film junkie etc).
Being on the last year of his contract and being injured on top of it (still hasn't passed the physical that I know of - but I could be wrong on that), he just isn't considered a valuable commodity given the teams who need a QB and their situations. The majority of them are most likely tanking to draft a guy next year, and this may be becoming a new thing where drafting rookies is much more cap effective than extending these guys to huge deals. Baker could be just good enough to win enough games for a team looking to draft high next year. Jimmy G is in a similar situation without the baggage and he is still sitting out there.
There's also whispers that Baker has put on about 20 pounds similar to 2019 with Fast Fredward. I don't know how true those rumors are, but he does love his video games.
I honestly don't even expect him to start against us, I don't think he will be ready even if he does end up winning the job eventually (assuming they keep Darnold). I know Carolina wanted to finally pull the trigger before camp to get him in there (this deal was on the table since the draft), but he still doesn't have a ton of time to get ready. This is a guy who doesn't have a rep as a film junkie to quickly pick up a new scheme and he also has to get healthy, get in shape and develop chemistry with his new teammates where guys like Robbie Anderson are already on record for making comments of not liking him before the trade.
-
And we gave him away for literally nothing... Typical dumb Browns moves..
Who offered more that we got? Were their any other teams interested? My feeling is if Baker was all that good, we would have had multiple teams seeking his services no matter the thought that we didn't have leverage. If Baker was good enough, we would have had leverage because multiple interested teams would have created said leverage.
A note on Cals numbers posted. The game is different than when Otto played. Posting up numbers that show Baker just behind Otto doesn't make Baker set to be better than Otto Graham.
And just to be clear. I like Baker and wanted to draft him. I would have been good with keeping him, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a middle of the pack QB. We could win with him, but probably not because of him.
Who offered more that we got? Were their any other teams interested? My feeling is if Baker was all that good, we would have had multiple teams seeking his services no matter the thought that we didn't have leverage. If Baker was good enough, we would have had leverage because multiple interested teams would have created said leverage.
A note on Cals numbers posted. The game is different than when Otto played. Posting up numbers that show Baker just behind Otto doesn't make Baker set to be better than Otto Graham.
And just to be clear. I like Baker and wanted to draft him. I would have been good with keeping him, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a middle of the pack QB. We could win with him, but probably not because of him.
He really wasn't given a chance to be great.. The Browns got over zealous and football greedy... Watson will have ZERO impact on this team... Just watch,,, Nothing will be better because the 3 assholes running this show still run the team and Kirk Cousins didnt exactly set the world on fire with Shitpantskis tuteledge....In fact their offense got better when Kevvy left..... Watson is FOOLS GOLD... He will be lucky to to lead this team to a bowl of dawg scraps let alone a SB... This team will not sniff the playoffs this year... I predict Shitpantski will get shit canned and replaced by Eric Bienemy.. And the Clowns will be scratching their heads trying to dump DeWeirdos contract... I totally HATE this move... The Browns are stupid ass C L O W N S!
-
Who offered more that we got? Were their any other teams interested? My feeling is if Baker was all that good, we would have had multiple teams seeking his services no matter the thought that we didn't have leverage. If Baker was good enough, we would have had leverage because multiple interested teams would have created said leverage.
A note on Cals numbers posted. The game is different than when Otto played. Posting up numbers that show Baker just behind Otto doesn't make Baker set to be better than Otto Graham.
And just to be clear. I like Baker and wanted to draft him. I would have been good with keeping him, but he wasn't a great QB. He was a middle of the pack QB. We could win with him, but probably not because of him.
@ballpeen this was bad timing for Baker given all the variables (his mouth, whispers the Browns wanted an adult at QB, the bad blood separation, his injury, coming off a bad season, being a video gaming junkie rather than a film junkie etc).
Being on the last year of his contract and being injured on top of it (still hasn't passed the physical that I know of - but I could be wrong on that), he just isn't considered a valuable commodity given the teams who need a QB and their situations. The majority of them are most likely tanking to draft a guy next year, and this may be becoming a new thing where drafting rookies is much more cap effective than extending these guys to huge deals. Baker could be just good enough to win enough games for a team looking to draft high next year. Jimmy G is in a similar situation without the baggage and he is still sitting out there.
There's also whispers that Baker has put on about 20 pounds similar to 2019 with Fast Fredward. I don't know how true those rumors are, but he does love his video games.
I honestly don't even expect him to start against us, I don't think he will be ready even if he does end up winning the job eventually (assuming they keep Darnold). I know Carolina wanted to finally pull the trigger before camp to get him in there (this deal was on the table since the draft), but he still doesn't have a ton of time to get ready. This is a guy who doesn't have a rep as a film junkie to quickly pick up a new scheme and he also has to get healthy, get in shape and develop chemistry with his new teammates where guys like Robbie Anderson are already on record for making comments of not liking him before the trade.
@ballpeen this was bad timing for Baker given all the variables (his mouth, whispers the Browns wanted an adult at QB, the bad blood separation, his injury, coming off a bad season, being a video gaming junkie rather than a film junkie etc).
Being on the last year of his contract and being injured on top of it (still hasn't passed the physical that I know of - but I could be wrong on that), he just isn't considered a valuable commodity given the teams who need a QB and their situations. The majority of them are most likely tanking to draft a guy next year, and this may be becoming a new thing where drafting rookies is much more cap effective than extending these guys to huge deals. Baker could be just good enough to win enough games for a team looking to draft high next year. Jimmy G is in a similar situation without the baggage and he is still sitting out there.
There's also whispers that Baker has put on about 20 pounds similar to 2019 with Fast Fredward. I don't know how true those rumors are, but he does love his video games.
I honestly don't even expect him to start against us, I don't think he will be ready even if he does end up winning the job eventually (assuming they keep Darnold). I know Carolina wanted to finally pull the trigger before camp to get him in there (this deal was on the table since the draft), but he still doesn't have a ton of time to get ready. This is a guy who doesn't have a rep as a film junkie to quickly pick up a new scheme and he also has to get healthy, get in shape and develop chemistry with his new teammates where guys like Robbie Anderson are already on record for making comments of not liking him before the trade.
That all sounds right about BRM and his timing and injuries......and the part about the Browns wanting an adult at QB.....
.......and somehow the Browns ended up with adult movies and QB all mixed together.
And after a $ ¼ BILLION+ outlaid and right now no confirmed starting quarterback for game 1. Or something like that
What a mess.

-
Funny how everyone is yapping about what the Browns had to fork out to get rid of Mayfield.
Yet nobody is talking about the shit for brains that extended his contract THEN went shopping for his replacement.
If AB worked for any competent company, his ass would’ve been fired for pissing away millions of dollars.
But the Browns doesn’t qualify as a competent organization.
@canton-dawg your post is common sensical in approach, but did you really think the Browns wouldn't pick up his option? Do you not agree that things are always fluid in the NFL and can change quickly? Not trying to give you any shit here either, but genuinely curious as to why you think it would be sensible to give Baker big money and extend him for years just because we picked up his option after he had a good season.
He was not good last year. It was all over film and there were all kinds of other rumblings regarding his leadership or lack thereof, along with social media drama with him and his wife. I could go on and on, but the Browns were moving on regardless of the Watson scenario. Picking up an option is to further evaluate a player before risking a huge money investment, that's unless the player obviously sucks and Baker didn't at the time.
This board is very polarized by Baker and full of agendas on both sides of the coin. Hopefully, we hear something on Watson soon and move on.
Personally, and I posted this on Flugel's thread before Cal started this one, Baker will go down in Browns history as a top 5 QB. I don't care what generation, those are the facts. Trying to wipe away his accomplishments is just as ridiculous as claiming the Browns should have went into this season with him as a lame duck after the drama of last season and piss poor performance.
@canton-dawg your post is common sensical in approach, but did you really think the Browns wouldn't pick up his option?
Since Baker had a bad year, I was surprised they extended him. The timing was also suspicious because it wasn’t like there was a time constraint to extend the 5th year option???
Do you not agree that things are always fluid in the NFL and can change quickly?
Absolutely.
Not trying to give you any shit here either, but genuinely curious as to why you think it would be sensible to give Baker big money and extend him for years just because we picked up his option after he had a good season.
I wasn’t of the mindset of giving Baker a big contract, as he didn’t really do anything to deserve it. I was ok with extending his contract for the 5th year to see what he can do when healthy. If he sucked, 2023 looks to be a good QB class.
He was not good last year. It was all over film and there were all kinds of other rumblings regarding his leadership or lack thereof, along with social media drama with him and his wife.
So I take it you’re ok with the baggage DW brings with him?
I could go on and on, but the Browns were moving on regardless of the Watson scenario. Picking up an option is to further evaluate a player before risking a huge money investment, that's unless the player obviously sucks and Baker didn't at the time.
This board is very polarized by Baker and full of agendas on both sides of the coin. Hopefully, we hear something on Watson soon and move on.
Personally, and I posted this on Flugel's thread before Cal started this one, Baker will go down in Browns history as a top 5 QB. I don't care what generation, those are the facts. Trying to wipe away his accomplishments is just as ridiculous as claiming the Browns should have went into this season with him as a lame duck after the drama of last season and piss poor performance.
Just so you know where I stand on Watson, I think he’s a slight upgrade over Mayfield and the numbers show it. But no way in hell is he worth the draft capital and money Haslam paid for. If he doesn’t bring a SB Championship to Cleveland very quickly, this player acquisition will be one of the all time worst deals in Browns history.
-
DW has a .519 career win/loss record.
So don’t you find it strange he’s making $230 million?
No i don’t.
And let’s bring in the Baker Built in excuses. Texans had two years of playoff football with Watson at QB and Hopkins at WR. They trade away Hopkins and suffer through HC change and go 4-12.No i don’t.
And let’s bring in the Baker Built in excuses. Texans had two years of playoff football with Watson at QB and Hopkins at WR. They trade away Hopkins and suffer through HC change and go 4-12.You want to bring in the Baker built in excuses…while bringing in DW’s built in excuses. ?
-
@ballpeen this was bad timing for Baker given all the variables (his mouth, whispers the Browns wanted an adult at QB, the bad blood separation, his injury, coming off a bad season, being a video gaming junkie rather than a film junkie etc).
Being on the last year of his contract and being injured on top of it (still hasn't passed the physical that I know of - but I could be wrong on that), he just isn't considered a valuable commodity given the teams who need a QB and their situations. The majority of them are most likely tanking to draft a guy next year, and this may be becoming a new thing where drafting rookies is much more cap effective than extending these guys to huge deals. Baker could be just good enough to win enough games for a team looking to draft high next year. Jimmy G is in a similar situation without the baggage and he is still sitting out there.
There's also whispers that Baker has put on about 20 pounds similar to 2019 with Fast Fredward. I don't know how true those rumors are, but he does love his video games.
I honestly don't even expect him to start against us, I don't think he will be ready even if he does end up winning the job eventually (assuming they keep Darnold). I know Carolina wanted to finally pull the trigger before camp to get him in there (this deal was on the table since the draft), but he still doesn't have a ton of time to get ready. This is a guy who doesn't have a rep as a film junkie to quickly pick up a new scheme and he also has to get healthy, get in shape and develop chemistry with his new teammates where guys like Robbie Anderson are already on record for making comments of not liking him before the trade.
That all sounds right about BRM and his timing and injuries......and the part about the Browns wanting an adult at QB.....
.......and somehow the Browns ended up with adult movies and QB all mixed together.
And after a $ ¼ BILLION+ outlaid and right now no confirmed starting quarterback for game 1. Or something like that
What a mess.

That all sounds right about BRM and his timing and injuries......and the part about the Browns wanting an adult at QB.....
.......and somehow the Browns ended up with adult movies and QB all mixed together.
And after a $ ¼ BILLION+ outlaid and right now no confirmed starting quarterback for game 1. Or something like that
What a mess.

People should stop being so shortsighted about Watson and look at this as an investment. He may very well be our QB for the next 10 years, so whatever BS suspension he gets to start this season off will end up just being a blip on the radar in the big picture. Brissett is a solid QB as well, I went back and watched four of his starts last year and he should flourish in this offense.
-
@canton-dawg your post is common sensical in approach, but did you really think the Browns wouldn't pick up his option?
Since Baker had a bad year, I was surprised they extended him. The timing was also suspicious because it wasn’t like there was a time constraint to extend the 5th year option???
Do you not agree that things are always fluid in the NFL and can change quickly?
Absolutely.
Not trying to give you any shit here either, but genuinely curious as to why you think it would be sensible to give Baker big money and extend him for years just because we picked up his option after he had a good season.
I wasn’t of the mindset of giving Baker a big contract, as he didn’t really do anything to deserve it. I was ok with extending his contract for the 5th year to see what he can do when healthy. If he sucked, 2023 looks to be a good QB class.
He was not good last year. It was all over film and there were all kinds of other rumblings regarding his leadership or lack thereof, along with social media drama with him and his wife.
So I take it you’re ok with the baggage DW brings with him?
I could go on and on, but the Browns were moving on regardless of the Watson scenario. Picking up an option is to further evaluate a player before risking a huge money investment, that's unless the player obviously sucks and Baker didn't at the time.
This board is very polarized by Baker and full of agendas on both sides of the coin. Hopefully, we hear something on Watson soon and move on.
Personally, and I posted this on Flugel's thread before Cal started this one, Baker will go down in Browns history as a top 5 QB. I don't care what generation, those are the facts. Trying to wipe away his accomplishments is just as ridiculous as claiming the Browns should have went into this season with him as a lame duck after the drama of last season and piss poor performance.
Just so you know where I stand on Watson, I think he’s a slight upgrade over Mayfield and the numbers show it. But no way in hell is he worth the draft capital and money Haslam paid for. If he doesn’t bring a SB Championship to Cleveland very quickly, this player acquisition will be one of the all time worst deals in Browns history.
@canton-dawg I'm just going to address your responses or questions instead of trying to quote them directly.
Canton Dawg: "Since Baker had a bad year, I was surprised they extended him. The timing was also suspicious because it wasn’t like there was a time constraint to extend the 5th year option???"
Riffer X: Not sure I completely understand your question here, but teams have timeframes to exercise options on rookie contracts. On April 23rd, 2021, Cleveland (CLE) exercised an $18.858 million option for 2022. This is absolutely and completely normal, especially given the (relatively speaking) cheap starting QB contract BM was under. Remember, we just came off the most successful season since 1994 under Belichick with BM playing the best football of his career the final half of the season. He just beat Pitt in a road playoff game, so it was an absolute no-brainer that they picked up his option. Anything else would have caused a firestorm. All this was doing was extending his rookie contract to 5 years, it wasn't giving him a raise or anything.
Canton Dawg: "I wasn’t of the mindset of giving Baker a big contract, as he didn’t really do anything to deserve it. I was ok with extending his contract for the 5th year to see what he can do when healthy. If he sucked, 2023 looks to be a good QB class."
Riffer X: We are in agreement here, which is why you pick up his fifth-year option assuming he will be auditioning for his big contract extension in 2022. He blew that in 2021 for a myriad of reasons.
Canton Dawg: "So I take it you’re ok with the baggage DW brings with him?"
and
"Just so you know where I stand on Watson, I think he’s a slight upgrade over Mayfield and the numbers show it. But no way in hell is he worth the draft capital and money Haslam paid for. If he doesn’t bring a SB Championship to Cleveland very quickly, this player acquisition will be one of the all time worst deals in Browns history."
Riffer X: I have no issues whatsoever with Watson's baggage because I personally think this is a money grab and have all along. Now, does the guy have some fetishes that counseling could help? Sure, but as I told MJP, Watson is an investment, and the sooner fans view him that way the better off they will be. He has never had any other issues besides this massage BS and is considered a film rat, hardcore competitor and good leader.
We disagree here. Watson is an elite QB who has never had a cockpit to play behind like we have here. He is a huge upgrade over Mayfield with his legs and mobility alone, and his stats are much better than Baker's. Watson is an elite QB, whereas Baker is mid-tier at best with occasional glimpses of stellar play. I highlighted many of the big differences below.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login