Baker to Carolina
-
Again.. Dan Marino was considered Elite... How many rings did he get?... ZERO!...
When you talk about the very best, franchise, top quarterbacks who have never won it all it would be :
Marino (no doubt), Kelly, Fouts, Moon, McNair, Tarkenton then maybe a few others plus a few one timers.
True if you want to be considered among the best except for these 6 plus maybe a very few others you need a ring.
( and a few of the 6 were so close Kelly, Tark, ? )
-
Cal and stats
What a combination
-
Cal and stats
What a combination
grow up, keep it to the other forum. They were not my stats.
-
Were you listening when Doug Dieken lamented that wr's kept NOT getting open???????
Did you see OBJ's dad's video? I can't tell you how many times I saw Baker come off of Njoku crossing over the short middle, open, so he could try and throw longer to someone who wasn't open. Or how 'bout the time he had Felton, just standing 2 yards past the sticks, wide open...and looked right at him....only to decide to try and run it himself, and of course not make it so we had to punt?
Baker wanted things to be about him. Which is probably why he wouldn't look to get the ball to OBJ because then the media (and OBJ) would make it about OBJ.
Look, Baker can be a pretty decent QB. He's the best we've had since our return. But as ballpeen put it, the 'bar' was set pretty low by the previous QB's. I mean Kelly Holcome took us to the playoffs too. And truth be told, Holcome gets the playoff victory against the Steelers if Dennis Northcutt doesn't drop the easiest game winning first down pass in the history of the league.
Did you see OBJ's dad's video? I can't tell you how many times I saw Baker come off of Njoku crossing over the short middle, open, so he could try and throw longer to someone who wasn't open. Or how 'bout the time he had Felton, just standing 2 yards past the sticks, wide open...and looked right at him....only to decide to try and run it himself, and of course not make it so we had to punt?
Baker wanted things to be about him. Which is probably why he wouldn't look to get the ball to OBJ because then the media (and OBJ) would make it about OBJ.
Look, Baker can be a pretty decent QB. He's the best we've had since our return. But as ballpeen put it, the 'bar' was set pretty low by the previous QB's. I mean Kelly Holcome took us to the playoffs too. And truth be told, Holcome gets the playoff victory against the Steelers if Dennis Northcutt doesn't drop the easiest game winning first down pass in the history of the league.
yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ... -
Did you see OBJ's dad's video? I can't tell you how many times I saw Baker come off of Njoku crossing over the short middle, open, so he could try and throw longer to someone who wasn't open. Or how 'bout the time he had Felton, just standing 2 yards past the sticks, wide open...and looked right at him....only to decide to try and run it himself, and of course not make it so we had to punt?
Baker wanted things to be about him. Which is probably why he wouldn't look to get the ball to OBJ because then the media (and OBJ) would make it about OBJ.
Look, Baker can be a pretty decent QB. He's the best we've had since our return. But as ballpeen put it, the 'bar' was set pretty low by the previous QB's. I mean Kelly Holcome took us to the playoffs too. And truth be told, Holcome gets the playoff victory against the Steelers if Dennis Northcutt doesn't drop the easiest game winning first down pass in the history of the league.
yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ...yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ...Even if they are notorious for drops, the chances of catching the ball by throwing it to the open receiver are greater than trying to force it to a receiver that's covered.
If the open guy happens to drop it, then it's not on Baker, and no one could point fingers at him, coaches, fans, management, no one...so maybe he'd still be a Brown. But you're right about the fact that Baker needed receivers that can catch the damn ball.
-
Did you see OBJ's dad's video? I can't tell you how many times I saw Baker come off of Njoku crossing over the short middle, open, so he could try and throw longer to someone who wasn't open. Or how 'bout the time he had Felton, just standing 2 yards past the sticks, wide open...and looked right at him....only to decide to try and run it himself, and of course not make it so we had to punt?
Baker wanted things to be about him. Which is probably why he wouldn't look to get the ball to OBJ because then the media (and OBJ) would make it about OBJ.
Look, Baker can be a pretty decent QB. He's the best we've had since our return. But as ballpeen put it, the 'bar' was set pretty low by the previous QB's. I mean Kelly Holcome took us to the playoffs too. And truth be told, Holcome gets the playoff victory against the Steelers if Dennis Northcutt doesn't drop the easiest game winning first down pass in the history of the league.
yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ...yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ...Another fine example of a lazy player getting paid then slacking off...
-
yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ...Another fine example of a lazy player getting paid then slacking off...
-
Did you see OBJ's dad's video? I can't tell you how many times I saw Baker come off of Njoku crossing over the short middle, open, so he could try and throw longer to someone who wasn't open. Or how 'bout the time he had Felton, just standing 2 yards past the sticks, wide open...and looked right at him....only to decide to try and run it himself, and of course not make it so we had to punt?
Baker wanted things to be about him. Which is probably why he wouldn't look to get the ball to OBJ because then the media (and OBJ) would make it about OBJ.
Look, Baker can be a pretty decent QB. He's the best we've had since our return. But as ballpeen put it, the 'bar' was set pretty low by the previous QB's. I mean Kelly Holcome took us to the playoffs too. And truth be told, Holcome gets the playoff victory against the Steelers if Dennis Northcutt doesn't drop the easiest game winning first down pass in the history of the league.
yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ...yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ...Article is 4 years old.
Meanwhile for the rest of us living in 2022.
Njoku has a 61.7 catch percentage, a number that has steadily increased the last three seasons. His 67.9 catch percentage last season was a career high and led all Browns receivers with 50 or more targets.
3.8 - To put the last stat a little differently, Njoku had a meager 3.8 drop percentage (two drops) last season, second-lowest among Browns receivers with 50 or more targets.
-
-
You Axed for it.
Sparkling Burgundy, mahogany body & neck, ebony fretboard, Grover Rotomatic locking tuners, Burstbuster Pro & Burstbuster Pro Plus, mother of pearl inlays, sculpted neckjoint, push/pull pots, Donaldson Blackwing intake, drilled and slotted rotors...oh wait, some of that is my car.
I just put it down (again) a few minutes ago. I've been trying to decide which pickups to put in. Seymour Duncan Seth Lover, Pearly Gates, '59's, Antiquities I'd love but they don't come in 4 wire. But every time I play it I'm thinking to myself, WTH is wrong with 'these' pickups? And the answer is, Nothing. They sound freakin' great (to my ear anyhow).
-
I'm a JB/59 guy.. Have that combo in probably 15 instruments around here in the studio.. They all have different personalities..
My Lesters




And what we do..
https://arielsattic1usa.bandcamp.com/track/hallelujah
Now back to Baker hoping to wrangle the job from Sam Darnold...
-
yep. I wouldn't throw to obj and njoku either. They drop passes. As I posted - obj has a worst top ten dropped passes rating in the NFL.
njoku had rock hands on easy throws to catch, especially over the middle.
You throw to the wr's who can catch the ball.
The giants were delighted to get obj the hell out of town. His dad's video.... doesn't explain his being a huge disappointment in NY.
watch and learn the truth:
Njoku continues to struggle with drops early on during training camp, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.. This has been a consistent theme for Njoku during the first week ...Article is 4 years old.
Meanwhile for the rest of us living in 2022.
Njoku has a 61.7 catch percentage, a number that has steadily increased the last three seasons. His 67.9 catch percentage last season was a career high and led all Browns receivers with 50 or more targets.
3.8 - To put the last stat a little differently, Njoku had a meager 3.8 drop percentage (two drops) last season, second-lowest among Browns receivers with 50 or more targets.
Article is 4 years old.
Meanwhile for the rest of us living in 2022.
Njoku has a 61.7 catch percentage, a number that has steadily increased the last three seasons. His 67.9 catch percentage last season was a career high and led all Browns receivers with 50 or more targets.
3.8 - To put the last stat a little differently, Njoku had a meager 3.8 drop percentage (two drops) last season, second-lowest among Browns receivers with 50 or more targets.
so what.
this article is not 4 years old. 2020. I'm sure you are a hot shot subscriber....
Aug 19, 2020Njoku dropped just 3 of 35 catchable passes in 2017, according to Pro Football Focus. That gave him a drop rate of 8.6, 21st among qualifying tight ends. But that drop rate ballooned the next year ... -
I'm a JB/59 guy.. Have that combo in probably 15 instruments around here in the studio.. They all have different personalities..
My Lesters




And what we do..
https://arielsattic1usa.bandcamp.com/track/hallelujah
Now back to Baker hoping to wrangle the job from Sam Darnold...
I'm a JB/59 guy.. Have that combo in probably 15 instruments around here in the studio.. They all have different personalities..
My Lesters
And what we do..
https://arielsattic1usa.bandcamp.com/track/hallelujah
Now back to Baker hoping to wrangle the job from Sam Darnold...
Awesome LP's... I own knock offs because I can't afford the real thing lol... But heres a sample of my Axe collection...
-
You Axed for it.
Sparkling Burgundy, mahogany body & neck, ebony fretboard, Grover Rotomatic locking tuners, Burstbuster Pro & Burstbuster Pro Plus, mother of pearl inlays, sculpted neckjoint, push/pull pots, Donaldson Blackwing intake, drilled and slotted rotors...oh wait, some of that is my car.
I just put it down (again) a few minutes ago. I've been trying to decide which pickups to put in. Seymour Duncan Seth Lover, Pearly Gates, '59's, Antiquities I'd love but they don't come in 4 wire. But every time I play it I'm thinking to myself, WTH is wrong with 'these' pickups? And the answer is, Nothing. They sound freakin' great (to my ear anyhow).
You Axed for it.
Sparkling Burgundy, mahogany body & neck, ebony fretboard, Grover Rotomatic locking tuners, Burstbuster Pro & Burstbuster Pro Plus, mother of pearl inlays, sculpted neckjoint, push/pull pots, Donaldson Blackwing intake, drilled and slotted rotors...oh wait, some of that is my car.
I just put it down (again) a few minutes ago. I've been trying to decide which pickups to put in. Seymour Duncan Seth Lover, Pearly Gates, '59's, Antiquities I'd love but they don't come in 4 wire. But every time I play it I'm thinking to myself, WTH is wrong with 'these' pickups? And the answer is, Nothing. They sound freakin' great (to my ear anyhow).
I'm a Seymour Duncan guy... Always hated DiMarzios.. I have Hot Rails, SH-6 Duncan Distortions...Cool rails and a P-Rails Hot pickup in my red Fender Strat.. The Epiphone Pro Buckers are really good... Lollar makes fantastic humbuckers... For my money... I agree w/Axe.. the Duncan JB humbucker is still the king in my book.. it's next on the hit list...That Paul is sweet lookin.. And if your looking for the Eddie sound... You can get Mighty Mites Ed used those a lot.. Then Seymour Duncan designed a pickup for Ed.But Ed never used it... It's basically what the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom pickup is... And yes it's called Custom Custom... Neal Schon uses them...
-
When in the last 23 years have the browns had a shot to win a Super Bowl? You have been a fan thus far. When you get down to it, the browns have probably only had 5-6 legit shots at being a team that could have made the Super Bowl since the Super bowl became the game....what was that, 1967?
Whatever Peen, this board has devolved so badly that real football talk takes a back seat to ridiculous semantic bullshit like this. It's pathetic.
-
~ WHOA, Orion, Axe, nickers ~
Very nice pictures guys, some nice guitars there. And to think way back when circa late 1960s I choose momotorcycles and cars (now long gone) instead of instruments for about 10+ years.
Guys down the street got a lot of guitars ? and other musical stuff now collector's in nature.
Very nice.
.......edit add, I'd take pictures and video cloud storage for insurance and other collector's reasons and have them properly identified if you have not already done so. Ive gone through my house (finally) and done so. And don't forget the little things.
A guy in the locker next to mine down the mill had a fire upstairs and some friends house and apartment fires lost a LOT then got burned again by their insurance companies. Just a tip guys. Many renters don't insure it's not that expensive compared to a leather jacket collections (one friend).
Sorry about the money chat, NICE guitars guys
Again very nice pictures.
-
(Just a footnote.) I read your posts again, quite detailed you guys know your stuff.
My friend down the mill had a strange fire in his house, by the time the VFD got there he lost the upstairs plus smoke/water damage. The insurance wrote all of his nice leather jackets and clothes off as "old clothes ". he got screwed.
My renter friends lost everything, no insurance. The landlord then sued them for the total fire damage to that old dump, they went bankrupt. Get replacement cost on your insurance especially on your fine guitars.
Oh just remembered my brother got smoke/water damage in the 1970s. Just started a new job in Mississippi (why no idea) but he rented from his new boss, second week had a fire in a shed attached to the house lost everything clothes, etc. No insurance.
i do know a lot about this stuff if you're interested, i was offered jobs by 4 top insurance companies in the 1970s when i lost my mill jobs.....BTW I did turn them all down.
Fire, theft, auto, liability, blanket coverage not that much more for an umbrella policy. Don't know what that is ? Check it out. We'll it's 6:30 am, school's out. LOL.
-
-
I'm a JB/59 guy.. Have that combo in probably 15 instruments around here in the studio.. They all have different personalities..
My Lesters




And what we do..
https://arielsattic1usa.bandcamp.com/track/hallelujah
Now back to Baker hoping to wrangle the job from Sam Darnold...
-
When in the last 23 years have the browns had a shot to win a Super Bowl? You have been a fan thus far. When you get down to it, the browns have probably only had 5-6 legit shots at being a team that could have made the Super Bowl since the Super bowl became the game....what was that, 1967?
Whatever Peen, this board has devolved so badly that real football talk takes a back seat to ridiculous semantic bullshit like this. It's pathetic.
Whatever Peen, this board has devolved so badly that real football talk takes a back seat to ridiculous semantic bullshit like this. It's pathetic.
7/14/22 - Do remember too that since the 2022 NFL Draft through the first NFL HOF preseason game Thursday August 4 it is the ultimate dead zone for football.
PLUS the other dead, dead zone the never ending D. Watson soap opera maybe the worst ever in Cleveland Browns football history. Worse than JFF and 0-16 put together.
What can any BROWNS fan expect ?
i for one can't freaking wait for the pitiful Jags to play the Raiders plus the enshrinement plus anything like real football related to try to get away from this crap for 15 minutes.
GO BROWNS ! GO BUCKEYES ! and GO ANYTHING ELSE REAL FOOTBALL RELATED.
Give us a freaking break already. Thank you.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login