Skip to content

Baker to Carolina

The Browns Board
952 57 40.1k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well this one at least got us a playoff win. Do you think we would find another to go beyond that?

    I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

    He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

    Try to circle that square.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

    He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

    Try to circle that square.

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

    He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

    Try to circle that square.

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

    The HC position in the NFL is a very lucrative one.

    Who would coach the Browns?

    I would say plenty of aspiring OC and DC’s alike.

    BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

    The HC position in the NFL is a very lucrative one.

    Who would coach the Browns?

    I would say plenty of aspiring OC and DC’s alike.

    BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

    @canton-dawg said:

    The HC position in the NFL is a very lucrative one.

    Who would coach the Browns?

    I would say plenty of aspiring OC and DC’s alike.

    BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

    I think you just made my case for me. Look how good those teams are.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    The HC position in the NFL is a very lucrative one.

    Who would coach the Browns?

    I would say plenty of aspiring OC and DC’s alike.

    BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

    I think you just made my case for me. Look how good those teams are.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think you just made my case for me. Look how good those teams are.

    There aren’t many HC’s that get to stay for a long time, that list is longer than the Pete Carroll’s and Bill Belichiks in the NFL.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well this one at least got us a playoff win. Do you think we would find another to go beyond that?

    And I just remembered, Stefanski wasn’t even on the sidelines at Heinz Field when the Browns won that playoff game. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

    The HC position in the NFL is a very lucrative one.

    Who would coach the Browns?

    I would say plenty of aspiring OC and DC’s alike.

    BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

    @canton-dawg said:

    The HC position in the NFL is a very lucrative one.

    Who would coach the Browns?

    I would say plenty of aspiring OC and DC’s alike.

    BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

    That's why teams hire to fire guys like Hue less the Clueless...  

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

    He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

    Try to circle that square.

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

    Someone.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    The HC position in the NFL is a very lucrative one.

    Who would coach the Browns?

    I would say plenty of aspiring OC and DC’s alike.

    BTW, there’s plenty of teams that have a revolving door at the HC position…Raiders, Giants, Commanders, Jets all come to mind.

    I think you just made my case for me. Look how good those teams are.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think you just made my case for me. Look how good those teams are.

    How so?

    You said:

    @texasag1969 said:

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

    No one wanting to come to a team with a revolving door of head coaches is kind of like saying "no one goes to that restaurant, it's always too crowded." -Yogi B.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I think you just made my case for me. Look how good those teams are.

    How so?

    You said:

    @texasag1969 said:

    I understand all that but the question still remains, who will come to Jimmy's revolving door that is the Browns?

    No one wanting to come to a team with a revolving door of head coaches is kind of like saying "no one goes to that restaurant, it's always too crowded." -Yogi B.

    @fy56 said:

    How so? How so is evident by how poor those teams are.

    You said:

    No one wanting to come to a team with a revolving door of head coaches is kind of like saying "no one goes to that restaurant, it's always too crowded." -Yogi B.

    Oh, someone will  come, but will they be any better? I actually like the the way the team is being coached by some high quality assistants and yeah Shitfanski makes mistakes, but I think that this team of coaches has the freedom to help him correct them. They are not dealing with my way is the only way clueless hueless.

  • ........ SEE YOU ALL OVER THERE ........

    REMEMBER PRESEASON FOOTBALL STARTS IN JUST      -20-      MORE DAYS !   CAN'T WAIT  !

    GO BROWNS  !

    @mjp28 said:

    ........ SEE YOU ALL OVER THERE ........

    REMEMBER PRESEASON FOOTBALL STARTS IN JUST     -18-      MORE DAYS !   CAN'T WAIT  !

    GO BROWNS  !

    Revised, can't wait until the HOF game with the JAX and someone play I'm Canton,  Ohio.    (They could have picked better teams.  😆 )

    ........ we might bump this into it's own thread, today.   And JAX vs LVR. eh, but I will watch some.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well this one at least got us a playoff win. Do you think we would find another to go beyond that?

    I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

    He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

    Try to circle that square.

    @canton-dawg said:

    I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

    He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

    Try to circle that square.

    Yes...there are a lot of things that wreak of Stefanski sabotaging Mayfield last season....especially not pulling him out with the shoulder injury. What HC let's the qb decide if he can play with a serious injury? Even so, I'm not ready to fire him yet. I still believe he can be a very good HC. I'm weary of trying to remember who our HC is every season.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I started to question Stefanski’s play calling during the second Steelers game last year.

    He decided to get our hobbled QB sacked 9 times during the game, while abandoning the running game….against the worst run defense in the NFL.

    Try to circle that square.

    Yes...there are a lot of things that wreak of Stefanski sabotaging Mayfield last season....especially not pulling him out with the shoulder injury. What HC let's the qb decide if he can play with a serious injury? Even so, I'm not ready to fire him yet. I still believe he can be a very good HC. I'm weary of trying to remember who our HC is every season.

    @lodilobo said:

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yes...there are a lot of things that wreak of Stefanski sabotaging Mayfield last season....especially not pulling him out with the shoulder injury. What HC let's the qb decide if he can play with a serious injury?

    Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

  • @lodilobo said:

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yes...there are a lot of things that wreak of Stefanski sabotaging Mayfield last season....especially not pulling him out with the shoulder injury. What HC let's the qb decide if he can play with a serious injury?

    Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

    @orion said:

    Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

    Obviously, the backup should not have been the backup if he should never play.

      "medically cleared" doesn't mean should play. His performance was, of course, compromised by his injury. Admirable for Baker, looks moronic for stephanski, who apparently?, was not smart enough to refigure a game plan/play calling to adapt to the backup qb.

    just stupid.

  • @orion said:

    Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

    Obviously, the backup should not have been the backup if he should never play.

      "medically cleared" doesn't mean should play. His performance was, of course, compromised by his injury. Admirable for Baker, looks moronic for stephanski, who apparently?, was not smart enough to refigure a game plan/play calling to adapt to the backup qb.

    just stupid.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Obviously, the backup should not have been the backup if he should never play.

      "medically cleared" doesn't mean should play. His performance was, of course, compromised by his injury. Admirable for Baker, looks moronic for stephanski, who apparently?, was not smart enough to refigure a game plan/play calling to adapt to the backup qb.

    just stupid.

    Stephanski went 2-0 with the backup QB Case Keenum starting.

    A swing and a miss. 

    Perhaps you can find a four year old article to further make your point. 

  • @lodilobo said:

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yes...there are a lot of things that wreak of Stefanski sabotaging Mayfield last season....especially not pulling him out with the shoulder injury. What HC let's the qb decide if he can play with a serious injury?

    Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

    @orion said:

    Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

    If you want clarity...a back up qb is in place to fill in for the starting qb if he can't play due to injury or some other valid reason. I could argue that Mayfield should have been removed from the active roster immediately after the shoulder injury. Every NFL player who is worth anything will deny the severity of his injury, so he isn't benched. No matter how anti - Mayfield you are, unless you're blind, you could see that he was affected by the injury. I refuse to believe that Stefanski was the only one involved in making the decision to continue to play Mayfield, knowing that his play was impaired. He may have been cleared by the medical staff to the extent that he couldn't further damage his shoulder, if he played...probably because they already knew that it would require surgery and extensive rehab, so he would be lost for the season. No...the back up qb was not a better qb, but any real HC would have been able to see that Mayfield struggled beyond the 2nd quarter. He didn't just go from being one of the most accurate deep ball passers, to not being able to get the ball to an open receiver for no reason. I'm not referring to OBJ, here. He, obviously had an agenda to get out of Cleveland before he got here. As I stated before...I would love to see a video of plays that Mayfield delivered to OBJ, in his hands, and were dropped. There were many more of those that I remember, than bad throws to him by Mayfield. 

  • @orion said:

    Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

    If you want clarity...a back up qb is in place to fill in for the starting qb if he can't play due to injury or some other valid reason. I could argue that Mayfield should have been removed from the active roster immediately after the shoulder injury. Every NFL player who is worth anything will deny the severity of his injury, so he isn't benched. No matter how anti - Mayfield you are, unless you're blind, you could see that he was affected by the injury. I refuse to believe that Stefanski was the only one involved in making the decision to continue to play Mayfield, knowing that his play was impaired. He may have been cleared by the medical staff to the extent that he couldn't further damage his shoulder, if he played...probably because they already knew that it would require surgery and extensive rehab, so he would be lost for the season. No...the back up qb was not a better qb, but any real HC would have been able to see that Mayfield struggled beyond the 2nd quarter. He didn't just go from being one of the most accurate deep ball passers, to not being able to get the ball to an open receiver for no reason. I'm not referring to OBJ, here. He, obviously had an agenda to get out of Cleveland before he got here. As I stated before...I would love to see a video of plays that Mayfield delivered to OBJ, in his hands, and were dropped. There were many more of those that I remember, than bad throws to him by Mayfield. 

    @lodilobo said:

    If you want clarity...a back up qb is in place to fill in for the starting qb if he can't play due to injury or some other valid reason. I could argue that Mayfield should have been removed from the active roster immediately after the shoulder injury. Every NFL player who is worth anything will deny the severity of his injury, so he isn't benched. No matter how anti - Mayfield you are, unless you're blind, you could see that he was affected by the injury. I refuse to believe that Stefanski was the only one involved in making the decision to continue to play Mayfield, knowing that his play was impaired. He may have been cleared by the medical staff to the extent that he couldn't further damage his shoulder, if he played...probably because they already knew that it would require surgery and extensive rehab, so he would be lost for the season. No...the back up qb was not a better qb, but any real HC would have been able to see that Mayfield struggled beyond the 2nd quarter. He didn't just go from being one of the most accurate deep ball passers, to not being able to get the ball to an open receiver for no reason. I'm not referring to OBJ, here. He, obviously had an agenda to get out of Cleveland before he got here. As I stated before...I would love to see a video of plays that Mayfield delivered to OBJ, in his hands, and were dropped. There were many more of those that I remember, than bad throws to him by Mayfield. 

    I will repeat one more time for the hard of hearing, HE WAS MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL.  And participated in practices.

  • @orion said:

    Umm...just to be clear...Mayfield was the starting QB, and a #1 overall pick to boot.  If the MEDICAL TEAM says he's cleared to play...and the player says he's ok to play...and he practices during the week...and you, as the HC, sit him and play the backup...then....what are you gonna give as a reason?   The backup is the better QB?  Remember, you can't say that it's because he's hurt...because he's been medically cleared to play.

    If you want clarity...a back up qb is in place to fill in for the starting qb if he can't play due to injury or some other valid reason. I could argue that Mayfield should have been removed from the active roster immediately after the shoulder injury. Every NFL player who is worth anything will deny the severity of his injury, so he isn't benched. No matter how anti - Mayfield you are, unless you're blind, you could see that he was affected by the injury. I refuse to believe that Stefanski was the only one involved in making the decision to continue to play Mayfield, knowing that his play was impaired. He may have been cleared by the medical staff to the extent that he couldn't further damage his shoulder, if he played...probably because they already knew that it would require surgery and extensive rehab, so he would be lost for the season. No...the back up qb was not a better qb, but any real HC would have been able to see that Mayfield struggled beyond the 2nd quarter. He didn't just go from being one of the most accurate deep ball passers, to not being able to get the ball to an open receiver for no reason. I'm not referring to OBJ, here. He, obviously had an agenda to get out of Cleveland before he got here. As I stated before...I would love to see a video of plays that Mayfield delivered to OBJ, in his hands, and were dropped. There were many more of those that I remember, than bad throws to him by Mayfield. 

    @lodilobo said:

    If you want clarity...a back up qb is in place to fill in for the starting qb if he can't play due to injury or some other valid reason. I could argue that Mayfield should have been removed from the active roster immediately after the shoulder injury. Every NFL player who is worth anything will deny the severity of his injury, so he isn't benched. No matter how anti - Mayfield you are, unless you're blind, you could see that he was affected by the injury. I refuse to believe that Stefanski was the only one involved in making the decision to continue to play Mayfield, knowing that his play was impaired. He may have been cleared by the medical staff to the extent that he couldn't further damage his shoulder, if he played...probably because they already knew that it would require surgery and extensive rehab, so he would be lost for the season. No...the back up qb was not a better qb, but any real HC would have been able to see that Mayfield struggled beyond the 2nd quarter. He didn't just go from being one of the most accurate deep ball passers, to not being able to get the ball to an open receiver for no reason. I'm not referring to OBJ, here. He, obviously had an agenda to get out of Cleveland before he got here. As I stated before...I would love to see a video of plays that Mayfield delivered to OBJ, in his hands, and were dropped. There were many more of those that I remember, than bad throws to him by Mayfield. 

    His injury as an excuse for his lack of effectiveness was overblown. There have been many QB that have played hurt.

    If he can practice, then he can play. 

    You play the guy who gives you the best chance of winning

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Obviously, the backup should not have been the backup if he should never play.

      "medically cleared" doesn't mean should play. His performance was, of course, compromised by his injury. Admirable for Baker, looks moronic for stephanski, who apparently?, was not smart enough to refigure a game plan/play calling to adapt to the backup qb.

    just stupid.

    Stephanski went 2-0 with the backup QB Case Keenum starting.

    A swing and a miss. 

    Perhaps you can find a four year old article to further make your point. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stephanski went 2-0 with the backup QB Case Keenum starting.

    A swing and a miss. 

    Perhaps you can find a four year old article to further make your point. 

    Ah, please no facts allowed to muddy up anyone's thinking. Not the cal way.?

  • @lodilobo said:

    If you want clarity...a back up qb is in place to fill in for the starting qb if he can't play due to injury or some other valid reason. I could argue that Mayfield should have been removed from the active roster immediately after the shoulder injury. Every NFL player who is worth anything will deny the severity of his injury, so he isn't benched. No matter how anti - Mayfield you are, unless you're blind, you could see that he was affected by the injury. I refuse to believe that Stefanski was the only one involved in making the decision to continue to play Mayfield, knowing that his play was impaired. He may have been cleared by the medical staff to the extent that he couldn't further damage his shoulder, if he played...probably because they already knew that it would require surgery and extensive rehab, so he would be lost for the season. No...the back up qb was not a better qb, but any real HC would have been able to see that Mayfield struggled beyond the 2nd quarter. He didn't just go from being one of the most accurate deep ball passers, to not being able to get the ball to an open receiver for no reason. I'm not referring to OBJ, here. He, obviously had an agenda to get out of Cleveland before he got here. As I stated before...I would love to see a video of plays that Mayfield delivered to OBJ, in his hands, and were dropped. There were many more of those that I remember, than bad throws to him by Mayfield. 

    I will repeat one more time for the hard of hearing, HE WAS MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL.  And participated in practices.

    @orion said:

    I will repeat one more time for the hard of hearing, HE WAS MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL.  And participated in practices.

     and, AGAIN, "medically cleared" does NOT mean "should play and be effective".

    So, if a qb wrecks his motorcycle, loses his leg, recovers, and is "medically cleared" to play football, and participates in practices.... you think he can hop around on one leg and it's ok? Not play the perfectly healthy backup qb?

  • @lodilobo said:

    If you want clarity...a back up qb is in place to fill in for the starting qb if he can't play due to injury or some other valid reason. I could argue that Mayfield should have been removed from the active roster immediately after the shoulder injury. Every NFL player who is worth anything will deny the severity of his injury, so he isn't benched. No matter how anti - Mayfield you are, unless you're blind, you could see that he was affected by the injury. I refuse to believe that Stefanski was the only one involved in making the decision to continue to play Mayfield, knowing that his play was impaired. He may have been cleared by the medical staff to the extent that he couldn't further damage his shoulder, if he played...probably because they already knew that it would require surgery and extensive rehab, so he would be lost for the season. No...the back up qb was not a better qb, but any real HC would have been able to see that Mayfield struggled beyond the 2nd quarter. He didn't just go from being one of the most accurate deep ball passers, to not being able to get the ball to an open receiver for no reason. I'm not referring to OBJ, here. He, obviously had an agenda to get out of Cleveland before he got here. As I stated before...I would love to see a video of plays that Mayfield delivered to OBJ, in his hands, and were dropped. There were many more of those that I remember, than bad throws to him by Mayfield. 

    His injury as an excuse for his lack of effectiveness was overblown. There have been many QB that have played hurt.

    If he can practice, then he can play. 

    You play the guy who gives you the best chance of winning

    @fy56 said:

    His injury as an excuse for his lack of effectiveness was overblown. There have been many QB that have played hurt.

    If he can practice, then he can play. 

    You play the guy who gives you the best chance of winning.  ✔️ 

    "Coach's decision."     it's always been up to the head coach, assistants, medical staff to determine who is fit and ready to play and give the team the best chance to win on Sunday (or other). 

    "Day to day"   "Game time decision ".  Its not really all that complicated. 

    Its always been that way since the beginning of time when Moses was the coach.

  • @orion said:

    I will repeat one more time for the hard of hearing, HE WAS MEDICALLY CLEARED TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL.  And participated in practices.

     and, AGAIN, "medically cleared" does NOT mean "should play and be effective".

    So, if a qb wrecks his motorcycle, loses his leg, recovers, and is "medically cleared" to play football, and participates in practices.... you think he can hop around on one leg and it's ok? Not play the perfectly healthy backup qb?

    @calfoxwc said:

     and, AGAIN, "medically cleared" does NOT mean "should play and be effective".

    What were his medical limitations then?  He shouldn't throw the ball with his left arm?  Not an issue right?   That he shouldn't be attempting to make tackles with his injury?  Was he not able to move in the pocket?  Was it that he couldn't throw long?  Medium?  Short?  To the left?  To the right?  What?  Because I saw him do all of those things, all season long.  And his throwing motion, follow through, etc. didn't look any different.  He wasn't grabbing his shoulder after throwing the ball.

    Now, if you're saying that he just wasn't playing like a good QB, then, problem solved.  He's gone.  And we got a better one.  Supposedly.