Browns sign Rosen
-
quite a few posts..
A few had concerns over Rosens arrogance and that he would never want to come to Cleveland.
Well, he's here now.
And he was an arrogant fuckstick.
UCLA's Josh Rosen: 'I'm the best QB in the draft'
After being drafted:
There were nine mistakes ahead of me,” Rosen said, referring to the nine picks made before his name was called.
-
I think by signing Rosen, Dingle Berry has exceeded the quota of shitty QB’s on the roster for one year.
-
....and to think that there are some, who believe this management actually had a plan when they decided to trade for Watson...what a train wreck!
-
I think by signing Rosen, Dingle Berry has exceeded the quota of shitty QB’s on the roster for one year.
I think by signing Rosen, Dingle Berry has exceeded the quota of shitty QB’s on the roster for one year.
Nowhere near as bad as Kizer, Kessler, and Hogan that Sashi gave us in 2017
-
I think by signing Rosen, Dingle Berry has exceeded the quota of shitty QB’s on the roster for one year.
Nowhere near as bad as Kizer, Kessler, and Hogan that Sashi gave us in 2017
Nowhere near as bad as Kizer, Kessler, and Hogan that Sashi gave us in 2017
Don’t forget they were “coached up” by Hue.
-
-
Zombo said:
Oh shit... wasn't he Cal's guy in that draft?
?
Z
LOL, I thought you were being funny, Zombo.
No - I was all in on Josh Allen. Flugels and I have laughed about it later on....
Caught hell for it for disagreeing with Hoorta, for one. How dare I disagree with Tour!
They kept bashing Josh Allen, and I kept talking saying Josh Rosen was a very bad choice.
Note: (lol - only since you thought it was me....)
*************************************
on 2/28/2018 at 2:40 PM Hoorta said:
1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads.
2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board.
3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character......."
-
quite a few posts..
Man, dug up my grave with that one.
Looking back, I stand by a lot of what I said. It’s just hard to judge if a dude just isn’t going to give a shit about bettering his craft like Rosen in my opinion fell into. Also got dealt a pretty shit hand in terms of coaching, not unlike Tua in Miami. In any case pretty funny how this dude is on the roster now.
-
quite a few posts..
Man, dug up my grave with that one.
Looking back, I stand by a lot of what I said. It’s just hard to judge if a dude just isn’t going to give a shit about bettering his craft like Rosen in my opinion fell into. Also got dealt a pretty shit hand in terms of coaching, not unlike Tua in Miami. In any case pretty funny how this dude is on the roster now.
Man, dug up my grave with that one.
Looking back, I stand by a lot of what I said. It’s just hard to judge if a dude just isn’t going to give a shit about bettering his craft like Rosen in my opinion fell into. Also got dealt a pretty shit hand in terms of coaching, not unlike Tua in Miami. In any case pretty funny how this dude is on the roster now.
Kind of makes you wonder what the Browns confidence level is for Brissett & Dobbs to make them sign Rosen?
-
I’ll be honest I had the Eli Manning vibe from him. But then Towards the end of his Last year at UCLA you could question the intangibles.
-
Yes, why are they just adding QBs if they think DW will only be gone for 8 games. Are they thinking maybe 1 tear ? QB 4 ??? A 21 day tryout before the preseason starts ?
What a freaking mess they've got themselves into. (Not new news.)
Yes, why are they just adding QBs if they think DW will only be gone for 8 games. Are they thinking maybe 1 tear ? QB 4 ??? A 21 day tryout before the preseason starts ?
What a freaking mess they've got themselves into. (Not new news.)
This move tells me they know something we don't. Yet.
-
Yes, why are they just adding QBs if they think DW will only be gone for 8 games. Are they thinking maybe 1 tear ? QB 4 ??? A 21 day tryout before the preseason starts ?
What a freaking mess they've got themselves into. (Not new news.)
Yes, why are they just adding QBs if they think DW will only be gone for 8 games. Are they thinking maybe 1 tear ? QB 4 ??? A 21 day tryout before the preseason starts ?
What a freaking mess they've got themselves into. (Not new news.)
I don't think it hints at anything about Watsons suspension.
I think he was brought in to maybe push Brissett. I also think they are considering a back-up for the future. If Watson is suspended, whoever starts is going to have the tape to possibly seeks a starting gig next year. The guy who doesn't start is going to have to settle for a back-up salary. Assuming Brissett starts, the idea could be that Rosen becomes our back-up the next 3 years. Assuming he is better than Dobbs.
-
Continues the trend of bringing in (former) promising 1st round picks that are young and cheap.
Another example being Taven Bryan. Just the front office sticking to a certain part of their philosophy and leaving no stone unturned. Nothing more, nothing less.
-
Yes, why are they just adding QBs if they think DW will only be gone for 8 games. Are they thinking maybe 1 tear ? QB 4 ??? A 21 day tryout before the preseason starts ?
What a freaking mess they've got themselves into. (Not new news.)
Yes, why are they just adding QBs if they think DW will only be gone for 8 games. Are they thinking maybe 1 tear ? QB 4 ??? A 21 day tryout before the preseason starts ?
What a freaking mess they've got themselves into. (Not new news.)
You need camp arms.
if Watson is out Brissett becomes a guy that you give some reps to but you want to protect him somewhat in preseason.
so enter Dobbs and Rosen
-
Actually a lot of pundits said Rosen had played in a more pro-oriented offense and was probably more ready to step in to an NFL lineup. Keep in mind that he was drafted into probably the worst possible situation. Then he was unceremoniously s*** canned by a coach who wanted to bring in one of his homeboys from his old school.
WSS
-
The more the merrier. Give him a shot. Not a thing to lose by this signing.
-
Zombo said:
Oh shit... wasn't he Cal's guy in that draft?
?
Z
LOL, I thought you were being funny, Zombo.
No - I was all in on Josh Allen. Flugels and I have laughed about it later on....
Caught hell for it for disagreeing with Hoorta, for one. How dare I disagree with Tour!
They kept bashing Josh Allen, and I kept talking saying Josh Rosen was a very bad choice.
Note: (lol - only since you thought it was me....)
*************************************
on 2/28/2018 at 2:40 PM Hoorta said:
1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads.
2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board.
3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character......."
LOL, I thought you were being funny, Zombo.
No - I was all in on Josh Allen. Flugels and I have laughed about it later on....
Caught hell for it for disagreeing with Hoorta, for one. How dare I disagree with Tour!
They kept bashing Josh Allen, and I kept talking saying Josh Rosen was a very bad choice.
Note: (lol - only since you thought it was me....)
*************************************
on 2/28/2018 at 2:40 PM Hoorta said:
1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads.
2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board.
3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character......."
Thanks for proving me right Cal.. In case you forgot- I watched at least 6 complete games of Allen's while he was at Wyoming. (reports were he had a 90 yard range with his cannon- though he declined to prove that at his pro day). At the time it didn't matter, because the tape showed he was 10 times less accurate than Baker Mayfield on a bad day.
Josh is probably the one in a thousand quarterbacks who took coaching seriously, changed his mechanics- and improved his accuracy by orders of magnitude.
I don't think anyone disagreed with Tour that Rosen was capable of throwing beautiful spirals. Yeah- Josh's attitude was questioned, and not just by you. But a shitty attitude does not preclude one from being a great NFL quarterback, starting with HOF bound Aaron Rodgers.
I have to admit though I was pretty surprised on how fast Rosen flamed out... But there's dozens of first round quarterback busts in the club. Jamarcus Russell, Joey Harrington, Jeff George, Akili "worm burner" Smith-LOL, and of course are very own Johnny Football, and Brandon We-done.
-
LOL, I thought you were being funny, Zombo.
No - I was all in on Josh Allen. Flugels and I have laughed about it later on....
Caught hell for it for disagreeing with Hoorta, for one. How dare I disagree with Tour!
They kept bashing Josh Allen, and I kept talking saying Josh Rosen was a very bad choice.
Note: (lol - only since you thought it was me....)
*************************************
on 2/28/2018 at 2:40 PM Hoorta said:
1) Exaggerations, or facts Cal? He's the least accurate of the major prospects. Bad footwork. Bad receivers? They can't catch something thrown ten feet over their heads.
2) None of us hate Allen 1\2 as much as you hate Rosen. Not liking him as a prospect is a far cry from "hating" him. How many times do I have to say my QB rankings are 1A Mayfield, 1B Darnold, 3 Rosen, 4 Allen. If I was as big an a-hole as you are about Rosen, I wouldn't even have Allen on my draft board.
3) I haven't seen anyone around here "frantically" trying to convince anyone that we just gotta draft Rosen, master of hyperbole. And we've duly noted his positives, Mr Oblivious. Great Arm, high character......."
Thanks for proving me right Cal.. In case you forgot- I watched at least 6 complete games of Allen's while he was at Wyoming. (reports were he had a 90 yard range with his cannon- though he declined to prove that at his pro day). At the time it didn't matter, because the tape showed he was 10 times less accurate than Baker Mayfield on a bad day.
Josh is probably the one in a thousand quarterbacks who took coaching seriously, changed his mechanics- and improved his accuracy by orders of magnitude.
I don't think anyone disagreed with Tour that Rosen was capable of throwing beautiful spirals. Yeah- Josh's attitude was questioned, and not just by you. But a shitty attitude does not preclude one from being a great NFL quarterback, starting with HOF bound Aaron Rodgers.
I have to admit though I was pretty surprised on how fast Rosen flamed out... But there's dozens of first round quarterback busts in the club. Jamarcus Russell, Joey Harrington, Jeff George, Akili "worm burner" Smith-LOL, and of course are very own Johnny Football, and Brandon We-done.
Thanks for proving me right Cal.. In case you forgot- I watched at least 6 complete games of Allen's while he was at Wyoming. (reports were he had a 90 yard range with his cannon- though he declined to prove that at his pro day). At the time it didn't matter, because the tape showed he was 10 times less accurate than Baker Mayfield on a bad day.
Josh is probably the one in a thousand quarterbacks who took coaching seriously, changed his mechanics- and improved his accuracy by orders of magnitude.
I don't think anyone disagreed with Tour that Rosen was capable of throwing beautiful spirals. Yeah- Josh's attitude was questioned, and not just by you. But a shitty attitude does not preclude one from being a great NFL quarterback, starting with HOF bound Aaron Rodgers.
I have to admit though I was pretty surprised on how fast Rosen flamed out... But there's dozens of first round quarterback busts in the club. Jamarcus Russell, Joey Harrington, Jeff George, Akili "worm burner" Smith-LOL, and of course are very own Johnny Football, and Brandon We-done.
Thanks for proving me right again.........
in case you forgot, I questioned rosen on many aspects of his character. He threw a beautiful spiral, ya.
But his love for the game was trash. His ego was off the charts, but in a very bad way - he did NOT love football. He was not a leader. etc etc.
I was all in on Allen going to be a terrific qb in the NFL.
You had rosen rated above Allen - that makes you not right at the time.
It wasn't just me - there were other guys who believed in Allen back then.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login