Skip to content

HUNT

The Browns Board
70 24 3.5k 1
  • I guess that  RB Chart pretty much sums it up.  And I believe that Hunt's injuries and maybe diminished skills are catching up to him.  Ol' man time doesn't play favorites  when it's your time well.......

    Now maybe he can hang around his favorite team growing up  -and-  I'm sure he would find value somewhere. 

    Chubb + Hunt was an awesome twosome I guess we'll see what happens coming through the preseason.  Will it continue one more season ? 

    Running the ball might come in handy in 2022.

  • I guess that  RB Chart pretty much sums it up.  And I believe that Hunt's injuries and maybe diminished skills are catching up to him.  Ol' man time doesn't play favorites  when it's your time well.......

    Now maybe he can hang around his favorite team growing up  -and-  I'm sure he would find value somewhere. 

    Chubb + Hunt was an awesome twosome I guess we'll see what happens coming through the preseason.  Will it continue one more season ? 

    Running the ball might come in handy in 2022.

    @mjp28 said:

    Running the ball might come in handy in 2022.

    I don't call the guy Money for nothin'!! His play inside the 10 is worth at least double what he's getting now. For longer term make it $10mil/year for 3 years. Pay the man.?

  • Hunt is the best pass catching back the Browns have. Please settle this contract thing damn.

  • Remember this, we gave him a job and a paycheck when 31 other teams wouldn't. 

    If not for Cleveland he wouldn't have any of those millions. 

    He's under contract for this year for that amount for a reason. 

    He's a #2  back. 

  • There were contract media reports and Hunt wanting to stay in Cleveland back before OTA's..

    The tug of war began, when Berry used a 5th on Jerome Ford..

    Hunt has outplayed his 3rd round pick status..but only played in 8 games with 1 start in 2021 due to 2 different injuries

    Hunt packaged for Jimmy G will be your media reads for next week.. book that.. @tiamat63 it's a damm shame the hawks resigned Poona Ford huh?

    I don't like my grad's of TU Rockets going anywhere... I swear, if any of us, haven't aged after this off season? Bless ya ! 

    Joyous! more media hot takes coming! 🥷  

    @gumby73 said:

    Hunt packaged for Jimmy G will be your media reads for next week.. book that.. @tiamat63 it's a damm shame the hawks resigned Poona Ford huh?

    - Hunt has made himself an even bigger trade target now.  We're fresh into training camp and I've seen half dozen reports of ACL and season ending injuries.   God forbid the Browns suffer that, but a RB somewhere will eventually go down.  At which point, Hunt's value becomes a long term asset for us in what we can recover in trade value.  You mentioned Ford being drafted and that plays into having quality depth behind Chubb.    That quality doesn't have to include Kareem if you can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick in exchange for him.

    - Saw the Hawks resigned Poona - One of my better scouting jobs.   That guy has really come on strong for them and plays a variety of roles across their front(s)   Sucks he isn't in Cleveland.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Hunt packaged for Jimmy G will be your media reads for next week.. book that.. @tiamat63 it's a damm shame the hawks resigned Poona Ford huh?

    - Hunt has made himself an even bigger trade target now.  We're fresh into training camp and I've seen half dozen reports of ACL and season ending injuries.   God forbid the Browns suffer that, but a RB somewhere will eventually go down.  At which point, Hunt's value becomes a long term asset for us in what we can recover in trade value.  You mentioned Ford being drafted and that plays into having quality depth behind Chubb.    That quality doesn't have to include Kareem if you can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick in exchange for him.

    - Saw the Hawks resigned Poona - One of my better scouting jobs.   That guy has really come on strong for them and plays a variety of roles across their front(s)   Sucks he isn't in Cleveland.

    @tiamat63 said:

    1) Hunt has made himself an even bigger trade target now. 

    2)We're fresh into training camp and I've seen half dozen reports of ACL and season ending injuries.   God forbid the Browns suffer that, but a RB somewhere will eventually go down. 

     3)You mentioned Ford being drafted and that plays into having quality depth behind Chubb. That quality doesn't have to include Kareem if you can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick in exchange for him.

    4) One of my better scouting jobs.  

    1)So did Dude Johnson.. and He didn't need Baker to say anything

    2) True.. and Ya can remove Chris Carson from that paid list too.. Retired due to a serious ball injury.. Hawks adding Jimmy G & Hunt feels real..P.Carroll can't coach 4-ever.. Sad to think, Pete would go out on Snyder's hope to next draft QB grab bag 

    3) Camp reports say Ford is catching everything he sees.. Felton went to mostly WR reps, before yesterday when our herd of WR's came back.. It looks to me it's between paying Hunt or DJ next season..and Hunt's agent decided to play hardball now

    4) you got a better eye than most... It's a huge jump from college to pros/ that GM's continue to miss   

  • Eventually, the Browns are going to have to let good players walk.

    They can't pay everyone. 

  • We're actually very deep at RB 

    That's also a position where teams definitely need to stay really young at to be successful. 

    Trading him to Seattle would work well for both sides. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    1) Hunt has made himself an even bigger trade target now. 

    2)We're fresh into training camp and I've seen half dozen reports of ACL and season ending injuries.   God forbid the Browns suffer that, but a RB somewhere will eventually go down. 

     3)You mentioned Ford being drafted and that plays into having quality depth behind Chubb. That quality doesn't have to include Kareem if you can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick in exchange for him.

    4) One of my better scouting jobs.  

    1)So did Dude Johnson.. and He didn't need Baker to say anything

    2) True.. and Ya can remove Chris Carson from that paid list too.. Retired due to a serious ball injury.. Hawks adding Jimmy G & Hunt feels real..P.Carroll can't coach 4-ever.. Sad to think, Pete would go out on Snyder's hope to next draft QB grab bag 

    3) Camp reports say Ford is catching everything he sees.. Felton went to mostly WR reps, before yesterday when our herd of WR's came back.. It looks to me it's between paying Hunt or DJ next season..and Hunt's agent decided to play hardball now

    4) you got a better eye than most... It's a huge jump from college to pros/ that GM's continue to miss   

    @gumby73 said:

    2) True.. and Ya can remove Chris Carson from that paid list too.. Retired due to a serious ball injury.. Hawks adding Jimmy G & Hunt feels real..P.Carroll can't coach 4-ever 

    3) Camp reports say Ford is catching everything he sees.. Felton went to mostly WR reps, before yesterday when our herd of WR's came back.. It looks to me it's between paying Hunt or DJ next season..and Hunt's agent decided to play hardball now

    4) you got a better eye than most... It's a huge jump from college to pros/ that GM's continue to miss   

    - I like Carson too.  Good hard-nosed back who ran angry, sucks he had to hang em' up.      Would the Niners be willing to strengthen a division rival by giving them Jimmy G? I'm not so sure about that.   However the Kareem bit makes more sense.  

    - Felton's "transition" is more about versatility than anything else, IMHO.  He isn't big enough to take on larger DB's and isn't quick enough to be consistently effective against most nickel corners who are used to drawing smaller and faster receivers..  So that means if you park him out there against that kind of 4-2, and he draws a "smaller" nickel CB, I would hope that would invite more running calls forcing these smaller CB's to get aggressively involved in run fits.      Of course getting him some more favorable matchups against linebackers is ideal and I'm sure Stef and Co. will have a couple of those designs tucked away for a rainy day.        But is Felton likely to become the new Juice? I can't really see that.    So as long as Ford and DJ are serviceable catching screens and being a backfield outlet, Kareem's presence becomes less important on this team.  

    - Appreciate the nod bubs. Always nice to see the work get recognition. 

  • I like the guy and if we can keep him at a reasonable price I'd like that to happen. Other younger newer and fresher running backs might step up and keep that for being a necessity.

    And sure I understand there's a business aspect but it is in all business. If it was we'd just root for the number one seed every season.

    WSS

  • I like the guy and if we can keep him at a reasonable price I'd like that to happen. Other younger newer and fresher running backs might step up and keep that for being a necessity.

    And sure I understand there's a business aspect but it is in all business. If it was we'd just root for the number one seed every season.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I like the guy and if we can keep him at a reasonable price I'd like that to happen. Other younger newer and fresher running backs might step up and keep that for being a necessity.

    And sure I understand there's a business aspect but it is in all business. If it was we'd just root for the number one seed every season.

    WSS

    https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2Fxt3anSzA1o%3Futm_campaign%3Dclevelanddotcom_sf%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_source%3Dfacebook&h=AT3PVV6_I4DyyhHHaxqZDMYU5KiquqXCDBjsskolV869mHHaGCfm1oEHllZkqpKTAAuUZdIjqWO2flNQc0bKFxi8Ywu0SItO_HpWTP7ATRlc1IC407I-AzfsXUJvEmojMg

    Then again if you really wants out I wish him well.

    There might be a paywall but you get the idea.

    WSS

  • the Browns told Hunt that they will not trade him so the ball is back in his court

  • Hunt is the man, but he’s 27 years old coming off missing half a season from injury. The injury bug tends to stay around RB more than any other position in the NFL. Nearly $8 million for being a clear backup is more than fair given these variables.

    if they want to throw the guy a bone and add a year and give a signing bonus this season, I would be all for it. But I also completely understand holding pretty firm with him too. You can’t pay everyone, plain and simple. 

  • I look at Chubb and Hunt as 1a and 1b.  Having both is not a luxury it’s a necessity if you make the effort we have running the ball. 

  • sydS syd

    the Browns told Hunt that they will not trade him so the ball is back in his court

    @syd said:

    the Browns told Hunt that they will not trade him so the ball is back in his court

    So he needs to ball out and Hope for free agency when the time comes. I'm not sure when his contract comes due but after this season they're going to be a few key players looking for their next move. And no money or draft picks to replace them, thanks Jimmy.

    WSS

  • It's almost like the Browns gave all their money to someone else and are running a bit short... 

  • It's almost like the Browns gave all their money to someone else and are running a bit short... 

    @d-bone said:

    It's almost like the Browns gave all their money to someone else and are running a bit short... 

    It's almost like 1b (backup or 2nd) RB's in the NFL don't make $6mil a year....    The Browns want RB's with salaries more in line with 1/3 of that.

    https://overthecap.com/position/running-back

  • @syd said:

    the Browns told Hunt that they will not trade him so the ball is back in his court

    So he needs to ball out and Hope for free agency when the time comes. I'm not sure when his contract comes due but after this season they're going to be a few key players looking for their next move. And no money or draft picks to replace them, thanks Jimmy.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So he needs to ball out and Hope for free agency when the time comes. I'm not sure when his contract comes due but after this season they're going to be a few key players looking for their next move. And no money or draft picks to replace them, thanks Jimmy.

    WSS

    Franchise QBs take up a big chunk of a team's salary cap.

    The Browns have like nine picks already for the upcoming draft. 

  • @d-bone said:

    It's almost like the Browns gave all their money to someone else and are running a bit short... 

    It's almost like 1b (backup or 2nd) RB's in the NFL don't make $6mil a year....    The Browns want RB's with salaries more in line with 1/3 of that.

    https://overthecap.com/position/running-back

    @tiamat63 said:

    It's almost like 1b (backup or 2nd) RB's in the NFL don't make $6mil a year....    The Browns want RB's with salaries more in line with 1/3 of that.

    https://overthecap.com/position/running-back

    I wish they wanted a qb who wasn't a dirtbag endless controversy who wasn't going to make a historic high guaranteed hundreds of millions.

       Just..........dammit.