HUNT
-
We're actually very deep at RB
That's also a position where teams definitely need to stay really young at to be successful.
Trading him to Seattle would work well for both sides.
-
1) Hunt has made himself an even bigger trade target now.
2)We're fresh into training camp and I've seen half dozen reports of ACL and season ending injuries. God forbid the Browns suffer that, but a RB somewhere will eventually go down.
3)You mentioned Ford being drafted and that plays into having quality depth behind Chubb. That quality doesn't have to include Kareem if you can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick in exchange for him.
4) One of my better scouting jobs.
1)So did Dude Johnson.. and He didn't need Baker to say anything
2) True.. and Ya can remove Chris Carson from that paid list too.. Retired due to a serious ball injury.. Hawks adding Jimmy G & Hunt feels real..P.Carroll can't coach 4-ever.. Sad to think, Pete would go out on Snyder's hope to next draft QB grab bag
3) Camp reports say Ford is catching everything he sees.. Felton went to mostly WR reps, before yesterday when our herd of WR's came back.. It looks to me it's between paying Hunt or DJ next season..and Hunt's agent decided to play hardball now
4) you got a better eye than most... It's a huge jump from college to pros/ that GM's continue to miss
2) True.. and Ya can remove Chris Carson from that paid list too.. Retired due to a serious ball injury.. Hawks adding Jimmy G & Hunt feels real..P.Carroll can't coach 4-ever
3) Camp reports say Ford is catching everything he sees.. Felton went to mostly WR reps, before yesterday when our herd of WR's came back.. It looks to me it's between paying Hunt or DJ next season..and Hunt's agent decided to play hardball now
4) you got a better eye than most... It's a huge jump from college to pros/ that GM's continue to miss
- I like Carson too. Good hard-nosed back who ran angry, sucks he had to hang em' up. Would the Niners be willing to strengthen a division rival by giving them Jimmy G? I'm not so sure about that. However the Kareem bit makes more sense.
- Felton's "transition" is more about versatility than anything else, IMHO. He isn't big enough to take on larger DB's and isn't quick enough to be consistently effective against most nickel corners who are used to drawing smaller and faster receivers.. So that means if you park him out there against that kind of 4-2, and he draws a "smaller" nickel CB, I would hope that would invite more running calls forcing these smaller CB's to get aggressively involved in run fits. Of course getting him some more favorable matchups against linebackers is ideal and I'm sure Stef and Co. will have a couple of those designs tucked away for a rainy day. But is Felton likely to become the new Juice? I can't really see that. So as long as Ford and DJ are serviceable catching screens and being a backfield outlet, Kareem's presence becomes less important on this team.
- Appreciate the nod bubs. Always nice to see the work get recognition.
-
I like the guy and if we can keep him at a reasonable price I'd like that to happen. Other younger newer and fresher running backs might step up and keep that for being a necessity.
And sure I understand there's a business aspect but it is in all business. If it was we'd just root for the number one seed every season.
WSS
-
I like the guy and if we can keep him at a reasonable price I'd like that to happen. Other younger newer and fresher running backs might step up and keep that for being a necessity.
And sure I understand there's a business aspect but it is in all business. If it was we'd just root for the number one seed every season.
WSS
I like the guy and if we can keep him at a reasonable price I'd like that to happen. Other younger newer and fresher running backs might step up and keep that for being a necessity.
And sure I understand there's a business aspect but it is in all business. If it was we'd just root for the number one seed every season.
WSS
Then again if you really wants out I wish him well.
There might be a paywall but you get the idea.
WSS
-
-
Hunt is the man, but he’s 27 years old coming off missing half a season from injury. The injury bug tends to stay around RB more than any other position in the NFL. Nearly $8 million for being a clear backup is more than fair given these variables.
if they want to throw the guy a bone and add a year and give a signing bonus this season, I would be all for it. But I also completely understand holding pretty firm with him too. You can’t pay everyone, plain and simple.
-
I look at Chubb and Hunt as 1a and 1b. Having both is not a luxury it’s a necessity if you make the effort we have running the ball.
-
the Browns told Hunt that they will not trade him so the ball is back in his court
So he needs to ball out and Hope for free agency when the time comes. I'm not sure when his contract comes due but after this season they're going to be a few key players looking for their next move. And no money or draft picks to replace them, thanks Jimmy.
WSS
-
It's almost like the Browns gave all their money to someone else and are running a bit short...
It's almost like the Browns gave all their money to someone else and are running a bit short...
It's almost like 1b (backup or 2nd) RB's in the NFL don't make $6mil a year.... The Browns want RB's with salaries more in line with 1/3 of that.
-
the Browns told Hunt that they will not trade him so the ball is back in his court
So he needs to ball out and Hope for free agency when the time comes. I'm not sure when his contract comes due but after this season they're going to be a few key players looking for their next move. And no money or draft picks to replace them, thanks Jimmy.
WSS
So he needs to ball out and Hope for free agency when the time comes. I'm not sure when his contract comes due but after this season they're going to be a few key players looking for their next move. And no money or draft picks to replace them, thanks Jimmy.
WSS
Franchise QBs take up a big chunk of a team's salary cap.
The Browns have like nine picks already for the upcoming draft.
-
It's almost like the Browns gave all their money to someone else and are running a bit short...
It's almost like 1b (backup or 2nd) RB's in the NFL don't make $6mil a year.... The Browns want RB's with salaries more in line with 1/3 of that.
It's almost like 1b (backup or 2nd) RB's in the NFL don't make $6mil a year.... The Browns want RB's with salaries more in line with 1/3 of that.
I wish they wanted a qb who wasn't a dirtbag endless controversy who wasn't going to make a historic high guaranteed hundreds of millions.
Just..........dammit.
-
Eventually, the Browns are going to have to let good players walk.
They can't pay everyone.
Eventually, the Browns are going to have to let good players walk.
They can't pay everyone.
That’s a good problem to have.
How long has it been since the Browns did that?
-
Remember this, we gave him a job and a paycheck when 31 other teams wouldn't.
If not for Cleveland he wouldn't have any of those millions.
He's under contract for this year for that amount for a reason.
He's a #2 back.
Remember this, we gave him a job and a paycheck when 31 other teams wouldn't.
If not for Cleveland he wouldn't have any of those millions.
He's under contract for this year for that amount for a reason.
He's a #2 back.
How many #2 running backs have led the league in rushing? Hunt would be the #1 RB on a lot of teams.
I look at Chubb and Hunt as 1a and 1b. Having both is not a luxury it’s a necessity if you make the effort we have running the ball.
I 100% agree- because of it being almost a foregone conclusion that Watson is going to miss significant time due to a suspension... Can't have too many quality running backs. I'm going to hold off on Ford... Looking good in training camp and looking good in the regular season are two different critters. OTOH, Hunt is a proven commodity.
-
BEREA — Kareem Hunt was back in team drills Sunday after sitting them out the previous two days in hopes of getting a contract extension.
-
-
If Watson starts throwing TD's and winning games, watch the attitude adjustment.
Why that depends entirely on how Baker does. Haven't you been paying attention at all??
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login