Skip to content

It is worth it?

The Browns Board
47 24 3.4k 1
  • "Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi? "

    I guess it depends on who you ask... I'm not a fan of the way they did things... I'm not encouraged by much as of late... I believe this move will culminate to be an utter and total failure... I also believe Berry Dingle, Depudpuller and Shitpantski will be looking for employment in the next year or two...

  • "Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi? "

    I guess it depends on who you ask... I'm not a fan of the way they did things... I'm not encouraged by much as of late... I believe this move will culminate to be an utter and total failure... I also believe Berry Dingle, Depudpuller and Shitpantski will be looking for employment in the next year or two...

    @nickers said:

    I guess it depends on who you ask... 

    I also believe Berry Dingle, Depudpuller and Shitpantski will be looking for employment in the next year or two...

    images.jpg.dd6955fef0b98b555304b891496a21f7.jpg

    He's not hard to find 🙂

    edit--honestly, I'm blessed to live day to day...with that, I can only hope D.Watson's treatment get's him mentally back to the stud I saw at Clemson ?#babysteps

  • First and foremost my opinion is that a healthy Baker Mayfield could take the team all the way. The team has not been firing on all eight or 12 cylinders depending on what size engine you assign them. Whether or not they are now remains to be seen.

    I'll stick to your question:

    With no Super Bowl victory it is absolutely not worth the stink that it's brought on the Cleveland Browns or the city. And even with a Super Bowl victory the stink remains.

    WSS

  • If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it.  They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers.  And Deshon will lead the parade.

  • We Browns fans have endured so much pain with losing , stupid draft picks, stupid front offices, etc that honestly I'm numb to this Watson thing.

    I surely wouldn't have done it. I liked Baker & would have rather let him play out his contract. Saying that, I still believe in Andrew Berry. If Berry's on board with it, I'm good 

    I have no crazy expectations from Watson this year. He's going to be rusty come week 12, might even look awful (hope not).

  • If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it.  They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers.  And Deshon will lead the parade.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it.  They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers.  And Deshon will lead the parade of 66 Cleveland verified hookers at the front.

    FIFY?

  • If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it.  They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers.  And Deshon will lead the parade.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it.  They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers.  And Deshon will lead the parade.

    Not only that, but I imagine there will be a lot of teary eyes. Especially from a lot of the old timers who waited so long.  I hope soon we will be able to say that Gipper left us too early.

  • We Browns fans have endured so much pain with losing , stupid draft picks, stupid front offices, etc that honestly I'm numb to this Watson thing.

    I surely wouldn't have done it. I liked Baker & would have rather let him play out his contract. Saying that, I still believe in Andrew Berry. If Berry's on board with it, I'm good 

    I have no crazy expectations from Watson this year. He's going to be rusty come week 12, might even look awful (hope not).

    @bob806 said:

    We Browns fans have endured so much pain with losing , stupid draft picks, stupid front offices, etc that honestly I'm numb to this Watson thing.

    I surely wouldn't have done it. I liked Baker & would have rather let him play out his contract. Saying that, I still believe in Andrew Berry. If Berry's on board with it, I'm good 

    I have no crazy expectations from Watson this year. He's going to be rusty come week 12, might even look awful (hope not).

    I'm just concerned that this stench like a bad BO  might linger for a long time. despite  all of this Lombardi talk.  And the Cleveland BROWNS are stuck with this guy, you can't trade him (no takers) and he's paid years in advance. 

    And yes the past few months seems like years.   You want to wake up and it's not there....but it is.  Maybe a SB three-peat might help, maybe. 

    Oh well....    GO BROWNS,  we're still fans.

  • I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    @pat-mahomo said:

    I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    Winning makes everyone forget....and Americans are notorious for their short term memories?

  • I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    @pat-mahomo said:

    I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    Yes, no, hell no. You don't just acquire a Lombardi. If you could, I suspect the Saudi national oil company would own quite a few.

    The trade is about maximizing the chance to win one in the foreseeable future. We have a pretty loaded squad, with Pro bowlers in their prime. You need an elite QB to maximize that potential. Miss this window, and you have to wait a decade or more for the next chance. It's as simple as that. 

  • Anybody else read this title and immediately think of a Missy Elliot chorus? 

  • ^ No

    As for homo's question, it's too soon to say for certain, but my gut feel is the answer is going to be no. I say no not strictly because of the slime that surrounds Watson, but because of the guaranteed money that he has stuffed in his pockets.

    Human nature is fairly consistent and I'll give you 53 men all on guaranteed contracts, and I'll take 53 all on the last year of their contracts and one of us is going to fight like hell until the final whistle blows, and the other is going to make a lot of business decisions throughout the game.

    There is no longer a carrot dangling in front of Deshaun, and I don't believe he is special enough to overcome it.  

  • ^ No

    As for homo's question, it's too soon to say for certain, but my gut feel is the answer is going to be no. I say no not strictly because of the slime that surrounds Watson, but because of the guaranteed money that he has stuffed in his pockets.

    Human nature is fairly consistent and I'll give you 53 men all on guaranteed contracts, and I'll take 53 all on the last year of their contracts and one of us is going to fight like hell until the final whistle blows, and the other is going to make a lot of business decisions throughout the game.

    There is no longer a carrot dangling in front of Deshaun, and I don't believe he is special enough to overcome it.  

    @d-bone said:

    There is no longer a carrot dangling in front of Deshaun, and I don't believe he is special enough to overcome it.  

    Good point D.

    Throw in his diva attitude along with the lack of incentive(s) and I’m curious as to how he’s going to perform.

  • Anybody else read this title and immediately think of a Missy Elliot chorus? 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Anybody else read this title and immediately think of a Missy Elliot chorus? 

    Yeah but I definitely wasn’t going to put my thang down flip it and reverse it.

  • Image

    Image

  • I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    @pat-mahomo said:

    I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    Definitely not worth it...superbowl or not. I could have dealt with going after Russel Wilson, Garrapalo, or anyone else. Watson is a big mistake. He hasn't played in 2 years, and I. personally would have never considered him an elite qb. If I'm wrong and the Browns go on to win the next 3 superbowls, I'll admit I was wrong. But....even that won't reverse the negativity caused by this fiasco. Red right 88...the drive....the fumble...and now....the trade. 

  • First and foremost my opinion is that a healthy Baker Mayfield could take the team all the way. The team has not been firing on all eight or 12 cylinders depending on what size engine you assign them. Whether or not they are now remains to be seen.

    I'll stick to your question:

    With no Super Bowl victory it is absolutely not worth the stink that it's brought on the Cleveland Browns or the city. And even with a Super Bowl victory the stink remains.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    First and foremost my opinion is that a healthy Baker Mayfield could take the team all the way. The team has not been firing on all eight or 12 cylinders depending on what size engine you assign them. Whether or not they are now remains to be seen.

    I'll stick to your question:

    With no Super Bowl victory it is absolutely not worth the stink that it's brought on the Cleveland Browns or the city. And even with a Super Bowl victory the stink remains.

    WSS

    Exactly...

  • Anybody else read this title and immediately think of a Missy Elliot chorus? 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Anybody else read this title and immediately think of a Missy Elliot chorus? 

    Yes! that's her.. thanks  LoL 

    I'm no grammar god ? but, Is it worth it?.. Works for me 

  • I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    @pat-mahomo said:

    I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    You dont make this move unless you think it will get you a Lombardi so that is the measure. If Watson didn't have the baggage then I don't think most people would even second guess it. So Watson better live up to expectations.

  • @pat-mahomo said:

    I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan.  I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.

    But.....Is this all worth it?  

    It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----

    Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?

    Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?

    Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?

    You dont make this move unless you think it will get you a Lombardi so that is the measure. If Watson didn't have the baggage then I don't think most people would even second guess it. So Watson better live up to expectations.

    @runyon27 said:

    You dont make this move unless you think it will get you a Lombardi so that is the measure. If Watson didn't have the baggage then I don't think most people would even second guess it. So Watson better live up to expectations.

    It would have been very interesting how the overall reaction would have been on this board if there was no sexual assault angle to this story.

    How would people have reacted if the trade had been strictly "Watson - unhappy with Texans - finally has a new home, in Cleveland"?