It is worth it?
-
If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it. They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers. And Deshon will lead the parade.
-
We Browns fans have endured so much pain with losing , stupid draft picks, stupid front offices, etc that honestly I'm numb to this Watson thing.
I surely wouldn't have done it. I liked Baker & would have rather let him play out his contract. Saying that, I still believe in Andrew Berry. If Berry's on board with it, I'm good
I have no crazy expectations from Watson this year. He's going to be rusty come week 12, might even look awful (hope not).
-
If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it. They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers. And Deshon will lead the parade.
If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it. They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers. And Deshon will lead the parade of 66 Cleveland verified hookers at the front.
FIFY?
-
If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it. They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers. And Deshon will lead the parade.
If we win the SB it is most definitely worth it. They will hold a parade in Cleveland that will dwarf the parade they gave the Cavaliers. And Deshon will lead the parade.
Not only that, but I imagine there will be a lot of teary eyes. Especially from a lot of the old timers who waited so long. I hope soon we will be able to say that Gipper left us too early.
-
We Browns fans have endured so much pain with losing , stupid draft picks, stupid front offices, etc that honestly I'm numb to this Watson thing.
I surely wouldn't have done it. I liked Baker & would have rather let him play out his contract. Saying that, I still believe in Andrew Berry. If Berry's on board with it, I'm good
I have no crazy expectations from Watson this year. He's going to be rusty come week 12, might even look awful (hope not).
We Browns fans have endured so much pain with losing , stupid draft picks, stupid front offices, etc that honestly I'm numb to this Watson thing.
I surely wouldn't have done it. I liked Baker & would have rather let him play out his contract. Saying that, I still believe in Andrew Berry. If Berry's on board with it, I'm good
I have no crazy expectations from Watson this year. He's going to be rusty come week 12, might even look awful (hope not).
I'm just concerned that this stench like a bad BO might linger for a long time. despite all of this Lombardi talk. And the Cleveland BROWNS are stuck with this guy, you can't trade him (no takers) and he's paid years in advance.
And yes the past few months seems like years. You want to wake up and it's not there....but it is. Maybe a SB three-peat might help, maybe.
Oh well.... GO BROWNS, we're still fans.
-
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
Winning makes everyone forget....and Americans are notorious for their short term memories?
-
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
Yes, no, hell no. You don't just acquire a Lombardi. If you could, I suspect the Saudi national oil company would own quite a few.
The trade is about maximizing the chance to win one in the foreseeable future. We have a pretty loaded squad, with Pro bowlers in their prime. You need an elite QB to maximize that potential. Miss this window, and you have to wait a decade or more for the next chance. It's as simple as that. -
Anybody else read this title and immediately think of a Missy Elliot chorus?
-
^ No
As for homo's question, it's too soon to say for certain, but my gut feel is the answer is going to be no. I say no not strictly because of the slime that surrounds Watson, but because of the guaranteed money that he has stuffed in his pockets.
Human nature is fairly consistent and I'll give you 53 men all on guaranteed contracts, and I'll take 53 all on the last year of their contracts and one of us is going to fight like hell until the final whistle blows, and the other is going to make a lot of business decisions throughout the game.
There is no longer a carrot dangling in front of Deshaun, and I don't believe he is special enough to overcome it.
-
^ No
As for homo's question, it's too soon to say for certain, but my gut feel is the answer is going to be no. I say no not strictly because of the slime that surrounds Watson, but because of the guaranteed money that he has stuffed in his pockets.
Human nature is fairly consistent and I'll give you 53 men all on guaranteed contracts, and I'll take 53 all on the last year of their contracts and one of us is going to fight like hell until the final whistle blows, and the other is going to make a lot of business decisions throughout the game.
There is no longer a carrot dangling in front of Deshaun, and I don't believe he is special enough to overcome it.
-
-
-
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
Definitely not worth it...superbowl or not. I could have dealt with going after Russel Wilson, Garrapalo, or anyone else. Watson is a big mistake. He hasn't played in 2 years, and I. personally would have never considered him an elite qb. If I'm wrong and the Browns go on to win the next 3 superbowls, I'll admit I was wrong. But....even that won't reverse the negativity caused by this fiasco. Red right 88...the drive....the fumble...and now....the trade.
-
First and foremost my opinion is that a healthy Baker Mayfield could take the team all the way. The team has not been firing on all eight or 12 cylinders depending on what size engine you assign them. Whether or not they are now remains to be seen.
I'll stick to your question:
With no Super Bowl victory it is absolutely not worth the stink that it's brought on the Cleveland Browns or the city. And even with a Super Bowl victory the stink remains.
WSS
First and foremost my opinion is that a healthy Baker Mayfield could take the team all the way. The team has not been firing on all eight or 12 cylinders depending on what size engine you assign them. Whether or not they are now remains to be seen.
I'll stick to your question:
With no Super Bowl victory it is absolutely not worth the stink that it's brought on the Cleveland Browns or the city. And even with a Super Bowl victory the stink remains.
WSS
Exactly...
-
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
You dont make this move unless you think it will get you a Lombardi so that is the measure. If Watson didn't have the baggage then I don't think most people would even second guess it. So Watson better live up to expectations.
-
I'm not from Cleveland, and I'm not a Browns fan. I'm glad I don't have to ask myself this question because I am not sure I know the answer.
But.....Is this all worth it?
It's probably better asked as a three part question because the whole point of aquiring Watson is to pursue a Lombardi so then -----
Is it worth if the Browns don't win a Lombardi?
Is it worth it ONLY if the Browns win a Lombardi?
Is it NOT worth it even if they DO win a Lombardi?
You dont make this move unless you think it will get you a Lombardi so that is the measure. If Watson didn't have the baggage then I don't think most people would even second guess it. So Watson better live up to expectations.
You dont make this move unless you think it will get you a Lombardi so that is the measure. If Watson didn't have the baggage then I don't think most people would even second guess it. So Watson better live up to expectations.
It would have been very interesting how the overall reaction would have been on this board if there was no sexual assault angle to this story.
How would people have reacted if the trade had been strictly "Watson - unhappy with Texans - finally has a new home, in Cleveland"?
-
https://omny.fm/shows/baskin-phelps/jason-lacanfora-i-dont-think-deshaun-watson-will-e
I haven't decided if this is the proper place for this clip. Maybe not.
WSS
-
You dont make this move unless you think it will get you a Lombardi so that is the measure. If Watson didn't have the baggage then I don't think most people would even second guess it. So Watson better live up to expectations.
It would have been very interesting how the overall reaction would have been on this board if there was no sexual assault angle to this story.
How would people have reacted if the trade had been strictly "Watson - unhappy with Texans - finally has a new home, in Cleveland"?
It would have been very interesting how the overall reaction would have been on this board if there was no sexual assault angle to this story.
How would people have reacted if the trade had been strictly "Watson - unhappy with Texans - finally has a new home, in Cleveland"?
I thought the deal was too one-sided before we even found out the extent of a sexual predator side of the story.
But at least would have been a slightly better story than it is. You know the drill; if the cat had not stopped to shit it would have caught the mouse.
(By the way this is just about the last place in the league he wanted to go but he held his nose and took the money, not like he was speaking highly of Cleveland before so.)
WSS
-
It would have been very interesting how the overall reaction would have been on this board if there was no sexual assault angle to this story.
How would people have reacted if the trade had been strictly "Watson - unhappy with Texans - finally has a new home, in Cleveland"?
I thought the deal was too one-sided before we even found out the extent of a sexual predator side of the story.
But at least would have been a slightly better story than it is. You know the drill; if the cat had not stopped to shit it would have caught the mouse.
(By the way this is just about the last place in the league he wanted to go but he held his nose and took the money, not like he was speaking highly of Cleveland before so.)
WSS
I thought the deal was too one-sided before we even found out the extent of a sexual predator side of the story.
But at least would have been a slightly better story than it is. You know the drill; if the cat had not stopped to shit it would have caught the mouse.
(By the way this is just about the last place in the league he wanted to go but he held his nose and took the money, not like he was speaking highly of Cleveland before so.)
WSS
As many people who we have paid up front to come here and then been pure shit as players, you think we would have learned something. That is what made me skeptical of the deal before any of the rest of this got out. What is doubling my doubts is that it will be damn near two years since he started for an NFL team. However, counterbalancing that is the fact he is still very young in a position where players play effectively for a number of years. Let's just hope the ones around him who can build a winner are also here long enough for the plan to "mature" for the Browns.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login