Art Modell Misses Out On HOF….Again!
-
He had one winning season in 10 years and also claim the record of the worst team in the National Football League. For the record despite your ridiculous obsession sure I supported keeping Mayfield and building the team but it didn't happen. And still at the end of the day neither Josh Dobbs Josh Rosen Jacoby Brissett Jimmy Garoppolo* or any other quarterback that might possibly be under center in Cleveland have brought a blight to the city and the team like DeShaun Watson and Jimmy haslam. (I'm surprised you didn't wet your pants when somebody mentioned Lenny Dawson.)
WSS
* everyone of their Christian names begins with a j. Coincidence? You decide.
My goodness, Baker talk gets your heart racin'!
I guess you used to get this fired up over Brady Quinn back in the day. I'll give you this, Steven, Baker is waaaaaaay better than Quinn was!
My goodness, Baker talk gets your heart racin'!
I guess you used to get this fired up over Brady Quinn back in the day. I'll give you this, Steven, Baker is waaaaaaay better than Quinn was!
You're the guy taking a dump in your drawers because I took a shot at Jimmy Haslam so one more time with feeling blow me.
WSS
-
Yeah, I saw his little dance when he won his Lombardi- that should have been Cleveland's. However, he needed more than the $80 million from Maryland and Baltimore, and even that wasn't enough. Biscotti saved him from the embarrassment of getting foreclosed on.
Thinking just the City of Cleveland could ever have come up with enough cash to keep Art happy isn't realistic. It would have taken massive amounts of cash from the state of Ohio and Cuyahoga county on top of that.
PS- Now we have a 23 year old stadium that was thrown together on the quick & cheap that (in NFL parlance) is due to be replaced. And I did say way back his family should have had Art cremated. He officially got his grave pissed on.
Modell was a Jew and Jewish law traditionally forbids cremation. Good thing for him because pissing in his urn would have resulted in much more unfavorable results.
Modell was a Jew and Jewish law traditionally forbids cremation. Good thing for him because pissing in his urn would have resulted in much more unfavorable results.
Hey, I'd be all for that...
Up close and personal. Ya learn something new every day, I didn't know Jews are pretty against cremation. Adds another POV on the Nazis oven roasting to ashes the Holocaust victims.
-
Baker is waaaaaaay better than Quinn was!
Quinn really was pretty bad. We've really had a knack for bad 1st round pick QB's. Perhaps we're better off having somebody else's draft pick.
edit: I guess technically we have Rosen on the roster...but that's only for a few more days
Quinn really was pretty bad. We've really had a knack for bad 1st round pick QB's. Perhaps we're better off having somebody else's draft pick.
edit: I guess technically we have Rosen on the roster...but that's only for a few more days
It's weird, I seriously can barely even remember Quinn here. Like, virtually no memories of him.
The Browns Version 2.0 have not exactly hit the ball out of the proverbial park on first round QBs, for sure. Couch, Quinn, Manziel, Weeden and Mayfield isn't exactly the Murderer's Row of 1st Round Quarterbacks.
-
My goodness, Baker talk gets your heart racin'!
I guess you used to get this fired up over Brady Quinn back in the day. I'll give you this, Steven, Baker is waaaaaaay better than Quinn was!
You're the guy taking a dump in your drawers because I took a shot at Jimmy Haslam so one more time with feeling blow me.
WSS
You're the guy taking a dump in your drawers because I took a shot at Jimmy Haslam so one more time with feeling blow me.
WSS
It's such a shame, and we live so close too each other too.
I guess I'll never get to share a IPA with you! ?
-
Baker is waaaaaaay better than Quinn was!
Quinn really was pretty bad. We've really had a knack for bad 1st round pick QB's. Perhaps we're better off having somebody else's draft pick.
edit: I guess technically we have Rosen on the roster...but that's only for a few more days
Quinn really was pretty bad. We've really had a knack for bad 1st round pick QB's. Perhaps we're better off having somebody else's draft pick.
edit: I guess technically we have Rosen on the roster...but that's only for a few more days
No. I'd venture to say that the majority Browns QB's post Tim Couch were someone else's draft pick.
-
You're the guy taking a dump in your drawers because I took a shot at Jimmy Haslam so one more time with feeling blow me.
WSS
It's such a shame, and we live so close too each other too.
I guess I'll never get to share a IPA with you! ?
It's such a shame, and we live so close too each other too.
I guess I'll never get to share a IPA with you! ?
I'm buying when the day comes.
??
WSS
Beer trumps just about every opinion based discussion. Unless you order a Bud Light.
-
Quinn really was pretty bad. We've really had a knack for bad 1st round pick QB's. Perhaps we're better off having somebody else's draft pick.
edit: I guess technically we have Rosen on the roster...but that's only for a few more days
It's weird, I seriously can barely even remember Quinn here. Like, virtually no memories of him.
The Browns Version 2.0 have not exactly hit the ball out of the proverbial park on first round QBs, for sure. Couch, Quinn, Manziel, Weeden and Mayfield isn't exactly the Murderer's Row of 1st Round Quarterbacks.
It's weird, I seriously can barely even remember Quinn here. Like, virtually no memories of him.
I remember a windy, Thursday night game? I think it was a Thursday night game....and it was seconds before the half and they were somewhere just short of midfield so they tried a long pass down the sidelines. The pass drifted about 5 yards out of bounds and Deon Sanders said, You've got to throw the ball inside the field of play. So, there were still a few more seconds left on the clock so they tried the same play a second time....and the same thing happened, so Deon said the same thing again...but this time he sounded a little bit more like he ways saying, Maan you suck.
Couch got screwed. They drafted KJ instead of a LT (or good OLineman of some sort). He got beat to shit. He may have been a good player....but after he was drafted, when they had that QB skills challenge thing that they used to do, with the targets, some of 'em going across the field.....Couch did lousy. He hardly ever hit a target.
-
It's weird, I seriously can barely even remember Quinn here. Like, virtually no memories of him.
I remember a windy, Thursday night game? I think it was a Thursday night game....and it was seconds before the half and they were somewhere just short of midfield so they tried a long pass down the sidelines. The pass drifted about 5 yards out of bounds and Deon Sanders said, You've got to throw the ball inside the field of play. So, there were still a few more seconds left on the clock so they tried the same play a second time....and the same thing happened, so Deon said the same thing again...but this time he sounded a little bit more like he ways saying, Maan you suck.
Couch got screwed. They drafted KJ instead of a LT (or good OLineman of some sort). He got beat to shit. He may have been a good player....but after he was drafted, when they had that QB skills challenge thing that they used to do, with the targets, some of 'em going across the field.....Couch did lousy. He hardly ever hit a target.
Couch got screwed. They drafted KJ instead of a LT (or good OLineman of some sort). He got beat to shit. He may have been a good player....but after he was drafted, when they had that QB skills challenge thing that they used to do, with the targets, some of 'em going across the field.....Couch did lousy. He hardly ever hit a target.
3rd and 7s with Couch throwing behind Kevin Johnson running a slant, so KJ had to stop and catch the ball and get tackled two yards short of a first down IS a memory that is still very vivid to me.
Still, I really like Tim Couch. Good guy.
-
To tell you the truth Jimmy Haslam makes me miss the guy more everyday.
WSS
To tell you the truth Jimmy Haslam makes me miss the guy more everyday.
WSS
Not even close. I couldn’t stand being without football for three seasons regardless of the product…and then getting a pile of crap in the expansion draft…being a laughing stock to start and watching Modell win a Super Bowl. If Jimmy moves the team I’ll change my tune and then we can talk.
-
To tell you the truth Jimmy Haslam makes me miss the guy more everyday.
WSS
Not even close. I couldn’t stand being without football for three seasons regardless of the product…and then getting a pile of crap in the expansion draft…being a laughing stock to start and watching Modell win a Super Bowl. If Jimmy moves the team I’ll change my tune and then we can talk.
Not even close. I couldn’t stand being without football for three seasons regardless of the product…and then getting a pile of crap in the expansion draft…being a laughing stock to start and watching Modell win a Super Bowl. If Jimmy moves the team I’ll change my tune and then we can talk.
If Jimmuh moves the team... As much as I would hate to... Id follow the bungles...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login