Skip to content

The official Cade York #nohomo man-crush fanboy topic

The Browns Board
34 16 1.2k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    I can verify seeing 2 between the pipes... 

    What I ? of K Cade York..

    IMG_20220911_124920400.jpg.e5b8fcadc6c94263dd2e91532cd1e1e8.jpg  IMG_20220911_124924953.jpg.b64fc807213ca4c4a3cb6170cef934cd.jpg   My phone videos won't post IMG_20220911_125237930.jpg.1432385a9b5ffaca68fc6e4ec95ae61f.jpg

    In photo #3 Cade makes this 52 yarder hitting the middle of the net..

    I put my phone down to watch, when York backed it up 6 yards, to kick from the spot he won the game (from the 48=58 yards)

    He missed the 58 yarder in warm-ups.. His ball never drew left & just missed it to the right...

    Practice makes a perfect ending !  both had 8-10 yards to spare 😮  (OH MY !  : - ) 

    You must have took those before I got seated or I would have been in your pic 😉 I was sitting 3 rows back from the rail around the 20 on the Browns side. I got seated after he did his warmups.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #10

    @runyon27 said:

    You must have took those before I got seated or I would have been in your pic 😉 I was sitting 3 rows back from the rail around the 20 on the Browns side. I got seated after he did his warmups.

    I'd say, We (6) got in our seats at about 11:45.. got busy to several nice warm-up shots..  

    These seats/shots were taken from the Panthers sidelines..I was looking straight across the 32 yard-line? where the Panthers team sideline box ended..(Right of pressbox/ from browns sidelines) It was a awesome road trip of 2 grandpa's/ 2 daughters/ a great son-in-law/ and my grandsons 6th year birthday gift to his 1st NFL game.. and I still don't have my voice back yet ! ? I read your in Raleigh,NC.. we got to meet up sometime! It was nice to see all the Brown & Orange in the Panthers house ! 

    back on topic..

    FcjELvUWAAA0_hF.jpg.11763cac1c5aefb7054f7f19ef67cdf5.jpg

    get this guy a Rookie of the Week award      ? Cade York vote here >> https://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/

    York is the second Browns player to be nominated for a weekly award by the league — RB Nick Chubb was nominated Monday for Ground Player of the Week. << click here

  • On The Fan this morning they were saying that he struggled in the morning warmups.  But he came though with a great performance!  It's a bit early in his career to anoint him...but it doesn't get more pressure packed than your first NFL regular season game....with 13 seconds left...down by 1...and you've gotta kick a 58 yarder.  (and an NFL record maker 'to boot')  -  When that thing first took off it looked like it was gonna miss to the right, but he drew that 3-wood right down the middle of the fairway.  Way to go Yorkie!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @orion said:

    On The Fan this morning they were saying that he struggled in the morning warmups.  But he came though with a great performance!  It's a bit early in his career to anoint him...but it doesn't get more pressure packed than your first NFL regular season game....with 13 seconds left...down by 1...and you've gotta kick a 58 yarder.  (and an NFL record maker 'to boot')  -  When that thing first took off it looked like it was gonna miss to the right, but he drew that 3-wood right down the middle of the fairway.  Way to go Yorkie!

    LOL!!! Let's not get ahead of ourselves folks.  Too early to put Cade in the HOF after one game.  🙂  Keep it up guy. I've heard he's listening to and absorbing what Phil Dawson is telling him about kicking in bad weather..  

  • Had to be done. We are only one game in, and I just love this kid to death. I also expect to feel the need to express that more often.

    Game winner aside, did anyone else hear the commentary team say he put one of the kick-offs between the uprights? It was following one of our TDs, I think. The kid was literally practicing long field goals in-game. How friggin alpha can a kicker get?!

    An elite kicker is so complementary to a defense and running-oriented team like the Browns too. If coach 'Fancy' Stefanski keeps his urges under control, especially on fourth down, Cade could be one of our leading scorers this year. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Had to be done. We are only one game in, and I just love this kid to death. I also expect to feel the need to express that more often.

    Game winner aside, did anyone else hear the commentary team say he put one of the kick-offs between the uprights? It was following one of our TDs, I think. The kid was literally practicing long field goals in-game. How friggin alpha can a kicker get?!

    An elite kicker is so complementary to a defense and running-oriented team like the Browns too. If coach 'Fancy' Stefanski keeps his urges under control, especially on fourth down, Cade could be one of our leading scorers this year. 

    Yes.  He changed the football wood factor in Cleveland from balsa to sequoia.

  • @orion said:

    On The Fan this morning they were saying that he struggled in the morning warmups.  But he came though with a great performance!  It's a bit early in his career to anoint him...but it doesn't get more pressure packed than your first NFL regular season game....with 13 seconds left...down by 1...and you've gotta kick a 58 yarder.  (and an NFL record maker 'to boot')  -  When that thing first took off it looked like it was gonna miss to the right, but he drew that 3-wood right down the middle of the fairway.  Way to go Yorkie!

    LOL!!! Let's not get ahead of ourselves folks.  Too early to put Cade in the HOF after one game.  🙂  Keep it up guy. I've heard he's listening to and absorbing what Phil Dawson is telling him about kicking in bad weather..  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @hoorta said:

    LOL!!! Let's not get ahead of ourselves folks.  Too early to put Cade in the HOF after one game.  🙂  Keep it up guy. I've heard he's listening to and absorbing what Phil Dawson is telling him about kicking in bad weather..  

    That will be interesting to see, how he deals with a sloppy field and swirling winds on the lakefront in November and December. 

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Cade York was named the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week!

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Before we annoint the guy, I want to see him make that kick at First Energy stadium. It was an amazing kick not trying to take anything away from the kid, but I read posts on facebook and people seem to think he is already a Browns legend ignoring the great Phil Dawson who won lots of games for us, or kept us in lots of games and was pretty much our offense.

  • N Neo

    Before we annoint the guy, I want to see him make that kick at First Energy stadium. It was an amazing kick not trying to take anything away from the kid, but I read posts on facebook and people seem to think he is already a Browns legend ignoring the great Phil Dawson who won lots of games for us, or kept us in lots of games and was pretty much our offense.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @neo said:

    I read posts on facebook and people seem to think he is already a Browns legend

    Don't worry.  They'll want the January 6th mob to hang him once he misses a couple.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Until proven otherwise, everything on facebook is fatuous posturing masquerading as cogent commentary

  • Until proven otherwise, everything on facebook is fatuous posturing masquerading as cogent commentary

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @unsympathetic said:

    Until proven otherwise, everything on facebook is fatuous posturing masquerading as cogent commentary

    But can we agree that until he makes a pressure kick at home in those swirling winds we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves? First Energy is probably one of the hardest places to kick.

  • N Neo

    @unsympathetic said:

    Until proven otherwise, everything on facebook is fatuous posturing masquerading as cogent commentary

    But can we agree that until he makes a pressure kick at home in those swirling winds we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves? First Energy is probably one of the hardest places to kick.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @neo said:

    But can we agree that until he makes a pressure kick at home in those swirling winds we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves? First Energy is probably one of the hardest places to kick.

    I'll just leave this here.

  • N Neo

    @neo said:

    But can we agree that until he makes a pressure kick at home in those swirling winds we shouldn't get too ahead of ourselves? First Energy is probably one of the hardest places to kick.

    I'll just leave this here.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #20

    @neo said:

    I'll just leave this here.

    there was a article with york and he said cheers can easily turn to  boo's if you miss a kick  The dumb ass jinxed himself

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Special Teams

    We do have the looks of having a Pro Bowl Punter ?(hike!)

    what had happened was?

    Cade York missed from 45 & 54 yards away..

    A LAC walk on kicker to PS Thursday, goes 3 for 3 from 25/27/28 yards away

    small details matter in a 2 point game

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Yeah, but 30 something yarders are a lot easier than 40's and 50's gumby.  

    We also gave them 3 points by going for a long developing, stunting run play instead of a QB sneak or power dive on 4th down from our 30ish.

  • Yeah, but 30 something yarders are a lot easier than 40's and 50's gumby.  

    We also gave them 3 points by going for a long developing, stunting run play instead of a QB sneak or power dive on 4th down from our 30ish.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @orion said:

    Yeah, but 30 something yarders are a lot easier than 40's and 50's gumby.  

    Yeah!... might be the reason why I posted what I did 😉

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I would put his missed 54 yarder to coaching, distance wasn't the issue. After missing the 48 yarder Pfeiffer should've advised him how to correct it in case he kicked from that side of the field again.

  • I would put his missed 54 yarder to coaching, distance wasn't the issue. After missing the 48 yarder Pfeiffer should've advised him how to correct it in case he kicked from that side of the field again.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mddawg said:

    I would put his missed 54 yarder to coaching, distance wasn't the issue. After missing the 48 yarder Pfeiffer should've advised him how to correct it in case he kicked from that side of the field again.

    Here's a secret to special teams:

    Special teams coaches know a lot regarding the entirety of special teams, with the exception of kicking the football.

    Most kickers in the NFL get next to no instruction on how to kick field goals from their special teams coaches. How many special teams coaches are ex-kickers? 

  • @mddawg said:

    I would put his missed 54 yarder to coaching, distance wasn't the issue. After missing the 48 yarder Pfeiffer should've advised him how to correct it in case he kicked from that side of the field again.

    Here's a secret to special teams:

    Special teams coaches know a lot regarding the entirety of special teams, with the exception of kicking the football.

    Most kickers in the NFL get next to no instruction on how to kick field goals from their special teams coaches. How many special teams coaches are ex-kickers? 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @dutch-oven said:

    How many special teams coaches are ex-kickers? 

    Good question, so I looked it up.

    I only saw 2 former place kickers listed as special team assistant.

    Tampa Bay has Chris Boniol & LA Chargers has Chris Gould.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Definitely the kicking is an almost exclusive talk between kicker, punter/holder and long snapper. 

    I remember hearing Pat McAfee, who was a kicker in College and punter/holder in the pros, giving his opinion on wind etc to Vinatieri whenever he had to kick for the Colts. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    He needs to be "coached" as to how to kick a fucking field goal? Ah yes, I can hear that conversation now. "Ah, try.to kick the ball between those yellow thingys."

    "How To Pinch A Loaf" For dummies:

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #29

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    He needs to be "coached" as to how to kick a fucking field goal? Ah yes, I can hear that conversation now. "Ah, try.to kick the ball between those yellow thingys."

    True, but there's some technique to do so. Damn, you just made me take a crash refresher course in high school geometry.  @ 54 yards away those 18.5' wide goal posts substend an angle of about 6.5 degrees. It doesn't take much to miss at that distance.  

    FWIW, York wasn't drafted just for his accuracy in college, he also has a cannon leg. That missed field goal had 60+ yard distance. It wasn't so long ago kicks from that far out were in NFL record range. 

    MHO? Kickers are getting too good. Get to the 40 and you're now in field goal range. LOL, can't move the goalposts back any farther, they may have to start shrinking them down to area ball width. 🙂