Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Ravens

The Browns Board
59 15 2.4k 1
  • make some gambles in the game to create some damn turnovers

  • didnt ronnie harrison have a big game vs the ravens last year ? hopefully emerson and jones really step it up get some hits on jackson early really seems to rattle him

  • I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

  • I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

    @orion said:

    I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

    he will be there for are playoff run

  • I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

    @orion said:

    I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

    I'm a big fan of nicknames and that might be the best one I've seen this year.  

  • @nickers said:

    The difference is... Kurt gets PAID for his analysis... YOU DON'T...

     Indirectly,  I make money from my Browns analysis via gambling.  I've literally paid my rent this month just off the last 2 CLE games and 2 props from last nights Cardinals win alone. I'm on pace to beat last years margin by 32%. 

     Directly, per 3 very encouraging and seperate email conversations, two that found me referencing and linking my work posted right on this very board;  The days of not making direct money off my analysis might be coming to a close before the 2022 season is over. 

     You'll notice the time I spent in my observations thread doing breakdowns for this board every other day has dried up.  That time, knowledge and effort is being spent on this new pursuit.   And I look forward to sharing it with you guys when it's ready to go.

    @tiamat63 said:

     Indirectly,  I make money from my Browns analysis via gambling.  I've literally paid my rent this month just off the last 2 CLE games and 2 props from last nights Cardinals win alone. I'm on pace to beat last years margin by 32%. 

     Directly, per 3 very encouraging and seperate email conversations, two that found me referencing and linking my work posted right on this very board;  The days of not making direct money off my analysis might be coming to a close before the 2022 season is over. 

     You'll notice the time I spent in my observations thread doing breakdowns for this board every other day has dried up.  That time, knowledge and effort is being spent on this new pursuit.   And I look forward to sharing it with you guys when it's ready to go.

    It's nice to see you getting paid for those efforts.  Well deserved!  Kick off and Kick Ass!

    If you ever change your mind, I think you'd make an excellent High School Football Coach.  That's not just because of your knowledge. I think you have the personality and inner chest to make it happen.  

  • I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

    @orion said:

    I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

    This horse-hockey ? medical term of "better to give them the extra week off", cost teams games...

     Jones said himself.. He wanted to play last week..

    The #Browns have activated LB Deion Jones from injured reserve, and the former #Falcons standout will make his debut.
    12:10 PM · Oct 22, 2022
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    The #Browns have activated LB Deion Jones from injured reserve, and the former #Falcons standout will make his debut.
  • @orion said:

    I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

    I'm a big fan of nicknames and that might be the best one I've seen this year.  

    @flugel said:

    I'm a big fan of nicknames and that might be the best one I've seen this year.  

    Credit goes to ballpeen.

  • @orion said:

    I think I saw where Hospital Ward is out again with the concussion.   I bet he's missed a quarter of his career.

    This horse-hockey ? medical term of "better to give them the extra week off", cost teams games...

     Jones said himself.. He wanted to play last week..

    The #Browns have activated LB Deion Jones from injured reserve, and the former #Falcons standout will make his debut.
    12:10 PM · Oct 22, 2022
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    The #Browns have activated LB Deion Jones from injured reserve, and the former #Falcons standout will make his debut.

    @gumby73 said:

    The #Browns have activated LB Deion Jones from injured reserve, and the former #Falcons standout will make his debut.

    i thought they took him off of IR last week...but they didn't activate him.

  • @flugel said:

    I'm a big fan of nicknames and that might be the best one I've seen this year.  

    Credit goes to ballpeen.

    @orion said:

    Credit goes to ballpeen.

    Thanks!  Then a tip of the hat to Ballpeen for the clever nickname for Ward.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I just don't g⁵et the cock fighting over who is correct and who knows more.

    As far as I can tell, we are all clueless fucktards, just like Browns management.

    Lmao.. ?    Thank me later, and your welcome 😉  

  • I dont like our chances in this one. Anything can happen but i thjk the most likely outcome is lamat jackson runs and throws all over the browns defense. And also cade york misses a couple of kicks. 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    If all that analytics shit makes him happy

    What I do is more in line with an old school coach watching film. Not some pen protector having nerd coming up with new metric ratings. 

    Either way, I appreciate that.

  • @flugel

     You wanted a more detailed look at Travis Jones.

     In his first 9 snaps vs the Gmen

    - Sack

    - A pressure

    - Took on a cut block from the Giants LG, loses A gap integrity.  Hustles, at 335lbs, back to his feet and brings down Barkley on a cutback vs a cutback in their direct snap designs.  

    - Shut down another direct snap in the redzone from the weakside shade.

     Best guess is that he's playing a little over half the Giants snaps, no real work in the nickel and dime sets.   But what work he is getting has been impactful, especially against teams like the Gmen who are trying to establish their identity in the ground game.    And his lateral flow/discipline has really improved the last few weeks.  The play strength is unreal, but more importantly he isn't just a big, strong kid.   He's playing with eyes, pad level and leverage.     Appears the Ravens hit on another big IDL mid-round. 

  • @flugel

     You wanted a more detailed look at Travis Jones.

     In his first 9 snaps vs the Gmen

    - Sack

    - A pressure

    - Took on a cut block from the Giants LG, loses A gap integrity.  Hustles, at 335lbs, back to his feet and brings down Barkley on a cutback vs a cutback in their direct snap designs.  

    - Shut down another direct snap in the redzone from the weakside shade.

     Best guess is that he's playing a little over half the Giants snaps, no real work in the nickel and dime sets.   But what work he is getting has been impactful, especially against teams like the Gmen who are trying to establish their identity in the ground game.    And his lateral flow/discipline has really improved the last few weeks.  The play strength is unreal, but more importantly he isn't just a big, strong kid.   He's playing with eyes, pad level and leverage.     Appears the Ravens hit on another big IDL mid-round. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    @flugel

     You wanted a more detailed look at Travis Jones.

     In his first 9 snaps vs the Gmen

    - Sack

    - A pressure

    - Took on a cut block from the Giants LG, loses A gap integrity.  Hustles, at 335lbs, back to his feet and brings down Barkley on a cutback vs a cutback in their direct snap designs.  

    - Shut down another direct snap in the redzone from the weakside shade.

     Best guess is that he's playing a little over half the Giants snaps, no real work in the nickel and dime sets.   But what work he is getting has been impactful, especially against teams like the Gmen who are trying to establish their identity in the ground game.    And his lateral flow/discipline has really improved the last few weeks.  The play strength is unreal, but more importantly he isn't just a big, strong kid.   He's playing with eyes, pad level and leverage.     Appears the Ravens hit on another big IDL mid-round. 

    Thanks!  As predicted, he could have helped us a lot; but or FO doesn't think IDL is important at all.  Lucky for the FO, they know the well exercised pattern in Cleveland.  Only the DC will get blamed for 100% of this while they get blamed for NONE of it.  This is what happens In Cleveland, a significant portion of the fanbase just wants 1 or 2 heads to roll on the coaching staff and we're on our way to perfect football.  

    Even when Brian Daboll was here, I remembered reading fans wanted him fired.  They were so certain that simply firing him and all our problems were bye bye.  Here we are again.  I'm not saying I think Woods has been wonderful, but attacking people with pawns up front on defense with our undersized LBers has red carpeted a lot of opponents' running games.  

    It always seems to be find the scapegoat and fire him.  The Browns have been perfecting that art since 1999.  And look at the epic progress because of it...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    @flugel

     You wanted a more detailed look at Travis Jones.

     In his first 9 snaps vs the Gmen

    - Sack

    - A pressure

    - Took on a cut block from the Giants LG, loses A gap integrity.  Hustles, at 335lbs, back to his feet and brings down Barkley on a cutback vs a cutback in their direct snap designs.  

    - Shut down another direct snap in the redzone from the weakside shade.

     Best guess is that he's playing a little over half the Giants snaps, no real work in the nickel and dime sets.   But what work he is getting has been impactful, especially against teams like the Gmen who are trying to establish their identity in the ground game.    And his lateral flow/discipline has really improved the last few weeks.  The play strength is unreal, but more importantly he isn't just a big, strong kid.   He's playing with eyes, pad level and leverage.     Appears the Ravens hit on another big IDL mid-round. 

    Thanks!  As predicted, he could have helped us a lot; but or FO doesn't think IDL is important at all.  Lucky for the FO, they know the well exercised pattern in Cleveland.  Only the DC will get blamed for 100% of this while they get blamed for NONE of it.  This is what happens In Cleveland, a significant portion of the fanbase just wants 1 or 2 heads to roll on the coaching staff and we're on our way to perfect football.  

    Even when Brian Daboll was here, I remembered reading fans wanted him fired.  They were so certain that simply firing him and all our problems were bye bye.  Here we are again.  I'm not saying I think Woods has been wonderful, but attacking people with pawns up front on defense with our undersized LBers has red carpeted a lot of opponents' running games.  

    It always seems to be find the scapegoat and fire him.  The Browns have been perfecting that art since 1999.  And look at the epic progress because of it...

    @flugel said:

    Thanks!  As predicted, he could have helped us a lot; but or FO doesn't think IDL is important at all.  Lucky for the FO, they know the well exercised pattern in Cleveland.  Only the DC will get blamed for 100% of this while they get blamed for NONE of it.  This is what happens In Cleveland, a significant portion of the fanbase just wants 1 or 2 heads to roll on the coaching staff and we're on our way to perfect football.  

    Even when Brian Daboll was here, I remembered reading fans wanted him fired.  They were so certain that simply firing him and all our problems were bye bye.  Here we are again.  I'm not saying I think Woods has been wonderful, but attacking people with pawns up front on defense with our undersized LBers has red carpeted a lot of opponents' running games.  

    It always seems to be find the scapegoat and fire him.  The Browns have been perfecting that art since 1999.  And look at the epic progress because of it...

    Again Tom... He's been here 3 motherfucking years... There's been 0 improvement whatsoever!.. Yes the players bear responsibility... Joe Woods and KS bear the responsibility of motivating and getting them to execute... Neither is happening Tom... It's not like the Browns are devoid of talent... There has been Z E R O improvement or evolution of this defense... When nothing improves... You have no choice but to make a change somewhere... This Defense has the same exact problems it had 3 fucking seasons ago... They can't cover... They can't tackle... And they certainly can't communicate.. And STILL can't stop the run to save it's collective soul!...Now if you at your job had 0 production the last 3 years... Do you honestly believe you deserve to stay? I don't..

  • image.png.0260a11c73dacde3aa01ab5f736353ad.png

    It's round 7 and we're tied for last.  ugh.  Again we have a poor matchup for our offense.  The Ravens are good against the run and bad against the pass.  Combine that with the fact that they run the ball quite well and we, well, you know, are terrible at run D.  -  I'm sorry, but I just don't see how we can win this game.  

    @orion said:

    It's round 7 and we're tied for last.  ugh.  Again we have a poor matchup for our offense.  The Ravens are good against the run and bad against the pass.  Combine that with the fact that they run the ball quite well and we, well, you know, are terrible at run D.  -  I'm sorry, but I just don't see how we can win this game.  

    This is literally the LAST game on earth you wanted to play when your defense is playing so poorly and you need a win. At Baltimore?! I'd be laughing if it wasn't so sad, lol. So you're telling me that Bailey Zappe looked like Joe Montana last week and now we have to face LAMAR JACKSON at home?! 

    Yo. 

  • @orion said:

    It's round 7 and we're tied for last.  ugh.  Again we have a poor matchup for our offense.  The Ravens are good against the run and bad against the pass.  Combine that with the fact that they run the ball quite well and we, well, you know, are terrible at run D.  -  I'm sorry, but I just don't see how we can win this game.  

    This is literally the LAST game on earth you wanted to play when your defense is playing so poorly and you need a win. At Baltimore?! I'd be laughing if it wasn't so sad, lol. So you're telling me that Bailey Zappe looked like Joe Montana last week and now we have to face LAMAR JACKSON at home?! 

    Yo. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is literally the LAST game on earth you wanted to play when your defense is playing so poorly and you need a win. At Baltimore?! I'd be laughing if it wasn't so sad, lol. So you're telling me that Bailey Zappe looked like Joe Montana last week and now we have to face LAMAR JACKSON at home?! 

    Yo. 

    But isn’t LaMar the guy we drafted all these fast, light guys to stop?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    This is literally the LAST game on earth you wanted to play when your defense is playing so poorly and you need a win. At Baltimore?! I'd be laughing if it wasn't so sad, lol. So you're telling me that Bailey Zappe looked like Joe Montana last week and now we have to face LAMAR JACKSON at home?! 

    Yo. 

    But isn’t LaMar the guy we drafted all these fast, light guys to stop?

    @browns149 said:

    But isn’t LaMar the guy we drafted all these fast, light guys to stop?

    JOK literally was. 

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks!  As predicted, he could have helped us a lot; but or FO doesn't think IDL is important at all.  Lucky for the FO, they know the well exercised pattern in Cleveland.  Only the DC will get blamed for 100% of this while they get blamed for NONE of it.  This is what happens In Cleveland, a significant portion of the fanbase just wants 1 or 2 heads to roll on the coaching staff and we're on our way to perfect football.  

    Even when Brian Daboll was here, I remembered reading fans wanted him fired.  They were so certain that simply firing him and all our problems were bye bye.  Here we are again.  I'm not saying I think Woods has been wonderful, but attacking people with pawns up front on defense with our undersized LBers has red carpeted a lot of opponents' running games.  

    It always seems to be find the scapegoat and fire him.  The Browns have been perfecting that art since 1999.  And look at the epic progress because of it...

    Again Tom... He's been here 3 motherfucking years... There's been 0 improvement whatsoever!.. Yes the players bear responsibility... Joe Woods and KS bear the responsibility of motivating and getting them to execute... Neither is happening Tom... It's not like the Browns are devoid of talent... There has been Z E R O improvement or evolution of this defense... When nothing improves... You have no choice but to make a change somewhere... This Defense has the same exact problems it had 3 fucking seasons ago... They can't cover... They can't tackle... And they certainly can't communicate.. And STILL can't stop the run to save it's collective soul!...Now if you at your job had 0 production the last 3 years... Do you honestly believe you deserve to stay? I don't..

    @nickers said:

    Again Tom... He's been here 3 motherfucking years... There's been 0 improvement whatsoever!.. Yes the players bear responsibility... Joe Woods and KS bear the responsibility of motivating and getting them to execute... Neither is happening Tom... It's not like the Browns are devoid of talent... There has been Z E R O improvement or evolution of this defense... When nothing improves... You have no choice but to make a change somewhere... This Defense has the same exact problems it had 3 fucking seasons ago... They can't cover... They can't tackle... And they certainly can't communicate.. And STILL can't stop the run to save it's collective soul!...Now if you at your job had 0 production the last 3 years... Do you honestly believe you deserve to stay? I don't..

    Seriously..  can we just slow down on the fire everybody already...

    #1.. Stef--- Yes he can pass the play card over to Van Pelt & coach his other bigger issues.. But the 2 on staff interim coaches are Bill Callahan who went 3-8 at the Dead-skins.. OR Mike Phifer ..And no thanks to either of them until actual hiring of HC's line up at end of the season..

    #2.. Woods---didn't inquire on T.Bryan/Winovich or see J. Elliott as a swinging door.. That's on Andrew Berry's most cap in league, to than watch names pass across his waiver wire.. I for damn sure can't name a single guy off Wood's position staff to replace him at this time.. My guy, Mike Zimmer just joined Deion Sanders at Jackson St as a defensive advisor.. Who's on your DC list to replace Joe Woods on Monday?

    #3.. A. Berry----Who didn't see the cupboard bare at DT1/ No ready ILB behind one.. or a WR3/4 not named hands of stones scwhartz.. nothing but, let's watch our youth grow ?

    End Rant !  Just here to enjoy my team..

    Go Browns! start by pointing fingers at yourselves