Skip to content

Hunt on the block

The Browns Board
46 15 2.8k 1
  • @orion said:

    What have we gotten out of our Ford draft pick?   We've known all along that we have too many RB's.....and Hunt was going to be the odd man out because this group drafted Ford.  

    Tony Grossi via nfl radio, stated Ford's on schedule to return in 2 weeks.. Should return back to practice during our bye week 

    @gumby73 said:

    Tony Grossi via nfl radio, stated Ford's on schedule to return in 2 weeks..

    I just don't see that guy having the same value as a football player as Hunt.  But that's just me.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    He is ruining the team

    FIFY~!!

  • If the Browns lose to the Bungholes, I'm fine getting whatever value we can for Kareem and see what Ford/Johnson can do int hat same role. Stefanski said Ford should be back after the bye week.

    Sucks to say but a loss to Cincy essentially puts a wrap on this season. Amassing draft capital where possible just makes logical sense.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I just don't get this. He is a good player. The chances of a 4th rounder being this good? 

    Circumstance. You will lose him in free agency anyway. He will command starter money, and we cannot afford to pay that to a back-up, no matter how good that back-up is. If we were in the hunt for the play-offs, he wouldn't be available, but we obviously are not.

  • We're not utilizing Hunt this year like we did last year.  Even so, he's our 4th leading receiver with 15 catches...and he's averaging 4 yards per rush.  What have we gotten out of our Ford draft pick?   We've known all along that we have too many RB's.....and Hunt was going to be the odd man out because this group drafted Ford.  

    @orion said:

    We're not utilizing Hunt this year like we did last year.  Even so, he's our 4th leading receiver with 15 catches...and he's averaging 4 yards per rush.  What have we gotten out of our Ford draft pick?   We've known all along that we have too many RB's.....and Hunt was going to be the odd man out because this group drafted Ford.  

    Hunt was a piece in a very talented Chiefs offense, I agree that he is not being used the proper way. Sad thing is that he is a local kid and WANTS to stay here, that's rare these days. Somehow they will find a way to push him out the door.

  • Kareem's long term value to this team has always been as a trade piece.   I'm shocked people think moving him is a sign of "giving up".  

  • Kareem's long term value to this team has always been as a trade piece.   I'm shocked people think moving him is a sign of "giving up".  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Kareem's long term value to this team has always been as a trade piece.

    Hunt's a Dorcey guy.  So when he became available (much like now with Watson) he fell right into Dorcey's lap.  And this regime has kept him all this time because, well, he's good.  But they drafted the Ford.  And the draft pick has to play.  

  • Kareem's long term value to this team has always been as a trade piece.   I'm shocked people think moving him is a sign of "giving up".  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Kareem's long term value to this team has always been as a trade piece.   I'm shocked people think moving him is a sign of "giving up".  

    Did people honestly think Kareem was going to keep signing team-friendly contracts for the rest of his career to continue to be Chubb's backup? You're right, this was the only logical way for this to end. 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I think it is a sign of the Browns don't know what the fuck they are doing.

    The guy likes it here, he is a good player, he can help win games.

    If indeed he has more value than winning games, our organization is truly fucked up.

    He's a great player at a log jammed position where the Browns commit well over league average salary.

    Holding onto him is akin to owning a Ferrari but only driving it during rush hour. 

    If his trade nets a pick or player this team can role into an effective IDL or WR, then it's a smart move with long-term benefits to the organization.  

  • And you can do a lot worse at RB3 than D'Ernest.

    Hunt was always a luxury - and due to his salary next yr, likely won't net much in a trade.

    Even so, better something than nothing.  Late-round drafting is about taking shots whether we like it or not.. no guarantees there.

  • I feel stupid for just thinking of this (thank you ESPN) but if the Browns keep Hunt for the season, and let him walk, won't they get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him when he leaves for free agency?

    If so, why wouldn't the Browns keep him? 

  • I feel stupid for just thinking of this (thank you ESPN) but if the Browns keep Hunt for the season, and let him walk, won't they get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him when he leaves for free agency?

    If so, why wouldn't the Browns keep him? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I feel stupid for just thinking of this (thank you ESPN) but if the Browns keep Hunt for the season, and let him walk, won't they get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him when he leaves for free agency?

    If so, why wouldn't the Browns keep him? 

    And I think you can know the compensatory pick before hand, so you only accept trades above that value. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I feel stupid for just thinking of this (thank you ESPN) but if the Browns keep Hunt for the season, and let him walk, won't they get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him when he leaves for free agency?

    If so, why wouldn't the Browns keep him? 

    And I think you can know the compensatory pick before hand, so you only accept trades above that value. 

    @nero said:

    And I think you can know the compensatory pick before hand, so you only accept trades above that value. 

    And I have a hard time believing someone is giving up better than a comp pick for a RB rental. 

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    I think it is a sign of the Browns don't know what the fuck they are doing.

    The guy likes it here, he is a good player, he can help win games.

    If indeed he has more value than winning games, our organization is truly fucked up.

    He's a great player at a log jammed position where the Browns commit well over league average salary.

    Holding onto him is akin to owning a Ferrari but only driving it during rush hour. 

    If his trade nets a pick or player this team can role into an effective IDL or WR, then it's a smart move with long-term benefits to the organization.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    f his trade nets a pick or player this team can role into an effective IDL or WR

    Why do people still think we need WR? DPJ has made plays when he gets the chance, Cooper is a beast, and we still have Woods and Bell. OL still seems like a need with the health of Conklin.

    And when do we start to get concerned about Denzel Ward? Do people forget the string of concussions he suffered at the beginning of his career? How many more can he take before he has brain damage?

  • N Neo

    @tiamat63 said:

    f his trade nets a pick or player this team can role into an effective IDL or WR

    Why do people still think we need WR? DPJ has made plays when he gets the chance, Cooper is a beast, and we still have Woods and Bell. OL still seems like a need with the health of Conklin.

    And when do we start to get concerned about Denzel Ward? Do people forget the string of concussions he suffered at the beginning of his career? How many more can he take before he has brain damage?

    @neo said:

    Why do people still think we need WR? DPJ has made plays when he gets the chance, Cooper is a beast, and we still have Woods and Bell. OL still seems like a need with the health of Conklin.

    And when do we start to get concerned about Denzel Ward? Do people forget the rash of concussions he suffered at the beginning of his career? How many more can he take before he has brain damage?

     Woods has been a non-factor, and I'm not saying a high level investment in WR either.  I'm talking about middle to late rounds, keep the bottom 1/3 of the roster turning to find talent that can help as the season drags on.   Coop has been a nice addition, DPJ is finally consistently contributing, and Bell has promise.   I want more competition at that 4th and 5th spot, possibly even PR/KR provided Jakeem Grant doesn't come back healthy.

  • N Neo

    @tiamat63 said:

    f his trade nets a pick or player this team can role into an effective IDL or WR

    Why do people still think we need WR? DPJ has made plays when he gets the chance, Cooper is a beast, and we still have Woods and Bell. OL still seems like a need with the health of Conklin.

    And when do we start to get concerned about Denzel Ward? Do people forget the string of concussions he suffered at the beginning of his career? How many more can he take before he has brain damage?

    @neo said:

    Why do people still think we need WR? DPJ has made plays when he gets the chance, Cooper is a beast, and we still have Woods and Bell. OL still seems like a need with the health of Conklin.

    And when do we start to get concerned about Denzel Ward? Do people forget the string of concussions he suffered at the beginning of his career? How many more can he take before he has brain damage?

    DPJ, David Bell and Michael Woods is not keeping me upgrade the WR unit if the possibility presents itself. 

  • @neo said:

    Why do people still think we need WR? DPJ has made plays when he gets the chance, Cooper is a beast, and we still have Woods and Bell. OL still seems like a need with the health of Conklin.

    And when do we start to get concerned about Denzel Ward? Do people forget the string of concussions he suffered at the beginning of his career? How many more can he take before he has brain damage?

    DPJ, David Bell and Michael Woods is not keeping me upgrade the WR unit if the possibility presents itself. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    DPJ, David Bell and Michael Woods is not keeping me upgrade the WR unit if the possibility presents itself. 

    I agree that we can upgrade but I just don't see it a GLARING need. We still don't have good body of work on Bell or Woods. OL I think could still be the biggest need, then IDL, and LB. And nobody addressed Denzel Ward's health.

  • N Neo

    @dutch-oven said:

    DPJ, David Bell and Michael Woods is not keeping me upgrade the WR unit if the possibility presents itself. 

    I agree that we can upgrade but I just don't see it a GLARING need. We still don't have good body of work on Bell or Woods. OL I think could still be the biggest need, then IDL, and LB. And nobody addressed Denzel Ward's health.

    @neo said:

    I agree that we can upgrade but I just don't see it a GLARING need. We still don't have good body of work on Bell or Woods. OL I think could still be the biggest need, then IDL, and LB. And nobody addressed Denzel Ward's health.

    I wonder if Hudson is the RT of the future? I like the idea of continually adding OLinemen in the mid-rounds, and letting Callahan develop them. 

    If there's something this team has shown for years now, regardless of who is running the team, it is they have no problem investing in the CB position high. 

  • Steelers trade WR Chase Claypool to the Bears for a 2nd round pick. 

  • No news on Hunt yet? Usually there's lot's of good info on here. I looked on NFL.com , there seems to be no word on Hunt. I guess he is staying put, or they are just lagging on updating the info.