2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects
-
Thanks-and agree on Schwartz. We can't afford a WR with speed that can't run routes or catch a cold. And please no Boutte WR from LSU. He's a carbon copy of Schwartz.
Stick a nail in that cough'fin !
Drop rates for top WR prospects in the 2023 NFL Draft:• Kayshon Boutte: 13.8% 🥷• Quentin Johnston: 8.5%-- true X WR• Marvin Mims: 7.9%• Rashee Rice: 7.8%• Jalin Hyatt: 6.7%• Jaxon Smith-Njigba: 4.8% (2021)• Zay Flowers: 4.4%• Jordan Addison: 3.1%• Josh Downs: 2%I'm good with Coop & DPJ.. and this draft class has some good slot options to replace Schwartz..
edit-- No football? Man! What a lit hockey party at Carter Finley in Raleigh,NC we attended ?
Stick a nail in that cough'fin !
Other WR slot options? Parker Washington/ Jayden Reed/ Tyler ScottI'm good with Coop & DPJ.. and this draft class has some good slot options to replace Schwartz..
I'm still on-board with Parker Washington, he really impressed me during his game vs Ohio State.
-
Stick a nail in that cough'fin !
Other WR slot options? Parker Washington/ Jayden Reed/ Tyler ScottI'm good with Coop & DPJ.. and this draft class has some good slot options to replace Schwartz..
I'm still on-board with Parker Washington, he really impressed me during his game vs Ohio State.
I'm still on-board with Parker Washington, he really impressed me during his game vs Ohio State.
Yeah, I like him too..
Reminds me of watching another lion last season, in Johan Dotson in last draft season.. Most thought Dotson was over-drafted when he went Pick #16/but, showed signs of that value at Washington.
WR Parker Washington's combine medicals is something I'm watching..
Nov 22, 2022 — Penn State receiver Parker Washington sustained an injury that will cause him to miss the remainder of the 2022 football season.
If Washington slides to the mid-rounds? a injury red flag may have something to do with it?
-
Thanks-and agree on Schwartz. We can't afford a WR with speed that can't run routes or catch a cold. And please no Boutte WR from LSU. He's a carbon copy of Schwartz.
Stick a nail in that cough'fin !
Drop rates for top WR prospects in the 2023 NFL Draft:• Kayshon Boutte: 13.8% 🥷• Quentin Johnston: 8.5%-- true X WR• Marvin Mims: 7.9%• Rashee Rice: 7.8%• Jalin Hyatt: 6.7%• Jaxon Smith-Njigba: 4.8% (2021)• Zay Flowers: 4.4%• Jordan Addison: 3.1%• Josh Downs: 2%I'm good with Coop & DPJ.. and this draft class has some good slot options to replace Schwartz..
edit-- No football? Man! What a lit hockey party at Carter Finley in Raleigh,NC we attended ?
Stick a nail in that cough'fin !
Drop rates for top WR prospects in the 2023 NFL Draft:• Kayshon Boutte: 13.8% 🥷• Quentin Johnston: 8.5%-- true X WR• Marvin Mims: 7.9%• Rashee Rice: 7.8%• Jalin Hyatt: 6.7%• Jaxon Smith-Njigba: 4.8% (2021)• Zay Flowers: 4.4%• Jordan Addison: 3.1%• Josh Downs: 2%I'm good with Coop & DPJ.. and this draft class has some good slot options to replace Schwartz..
edit-- No football? Man! What a lit hockey party at Carter Finley in Raleigh,NC we attended ?
What constitutes a drop? Does everybody make that call the same way?
For that reason I don't put a ton of weight in to stats like that. No doubt it is something to consider but if using those figures, I wouldn't eliminate Boutte from my list and put Downs at the top as an absolute.
-
@korsou-dawg Free Agency and the Draft go hand in hand. So you're absolutely right there, and this should be a thread to discuss all of that.
Not to bogard this talk either, myself and Flugel are going to be on the Browns Board discord around 1:30p EST to go over film on Jed Wills. If Anybody is interested in joining, all are welcomed as usual.
Download the discord app ---> install --->create/register user name ---> copy and paste that link I put above. And you're in.
-
Stick a nail in that cough'fin !
Drop rates for top WR prospects in the 2023 NFL Draft:• Kayshon Boutte: 13.8% 🥷• Quentin Johnston: 8.5%-- true X WR• Marvin Mims: 7.9%• Rashee Rice: 7.8%• Jalin Hyatt: 6.7%• Jaxon Smith-Njigba: 4.8% (2021)• Zay Flowers: 4.4%• Jordan Addison: 3.1%• Josh Downs: 2%I'm good with Coop & DPJ.. and this draft class has some good slot options to replace Schwartz..
edit-- No football? Man! What a lit hockey party at Carter Finley in Raleigh,NC we attended ?
What constitutes a drop? Does everybody make that call the same way?
For that reason I don't put a ton of weight in to stats like that. No doubt it is something to consider but if using those figures, I wouldn't eliminate Boutte from my list and put Downs at the top as an absolute.
What constitutes a drop? Does everybody make that call the same way?
I doubt some..not Infante on most.. In my film study it's.. any catch-able ball within wingspan of 2 hands on ball..
Concentration drops, late in Josh Downs season kinda shocked me with a drop rating at 2%
I wouldn't eliminate Boutte from my list and put Downs at the top as an absolute.
see my post on Downs above ^^ a n d....I'm not sold on Mingo nor Boutte having the separation speed to play either outside WR positions... I'm seeing both as better NFL inside slot options than Schwartz..
-
2022 season/ DL vs The Run Stat Study
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-dl-run-defense-stat-study/
-
2022 season/ DL vs The Run Stat Study
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-dl-run-defense-stat-study/
2022 season/ DL vs The Run Stat Study
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-dl-run-defense-stat-study/
I think I like it...lots to digest.
-
2022 season/ DL vs The Run Stat Study
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-dl-run-defense-stat-study/
2022 season/ DL vs The Run Stat Study
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-dl-run-defense-stat-study/
Thanks Gumbs! This is awesome! Maybe we can get MJP to pin it. for us.
-
Thanks Peen & Flug's..
I'm that guy, that will steel good nutz & bolts from any teams writers.. writer Clayton Eckert, joined depot in 2021 around draft season. I've checked his stuff on twitter for some time now.. This was broke down, really well from what I've seen elsewhere.. Pitt. does have pick 2.1 traded from Bears/#50 as well
Stuck watching the ACC.. I was aware of Turner from Wake and Orhorhoro from Clemson.. I've added Matlock & Ojomo to view some games next week..
Combine Week starts March 2nd 3pm.. I'll be over here ?'g to move up from pick #98
-
2022 season/ DL vs The Run Stat Study
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-dl-run-defense-stat-study/
Thanks Gumbs! This is awesome! Maybe we can get MJP to pin it. for us.
-
-
Here's an interesting Browns mock draft that includes a DTackle I've liked, along with two Ohio State players and a local kid who played in Cincinnati.
-
Here's an interesting Browns mock draft that includes a DTackle I've liked, along with two Ohio State players and a local kid who played in Cincinnati.
Here's an interesting Browns mock draft that includes a DTackle I've liked, along with two Ohio State players and a local kid who played in Cincinnati.
I wouldn't mind that unfolding for the Browns at all. Seems pretty easy on the scouting dept too if you get 2 guys from Ohio State, 1 from Cincy and 1 from The School Up North. We'll need to a Safety to take John Johnson's spot too; and this one seems to be a pretty solid tackler (unless I just jinxed him).
-
Harrison in the 4th seems ok at the moment. Hickman in the 2nd feels a bit off for our needs. I go back to making mention of having DBs with no contrast to their abilities. Ronnie wasn't great when tasked with rolling single high, and there were times when he was "meh" at best downfield and back on a hash.
He triggers downhill pretty damn well and he was the Bucks most consistent tackler of all our DBs. But pairing him with Delpit strikes me as a problem by having two starting safeties who both need to improve in the exact same ways.
-
Here's an interesting Browns mock draft that includes a DTackle I've liked, along with two Ohio State players and a local kid who played in Cincinnati.
I wouldn't mind that unfolding for the Browns at all. Seems pretty easy on the scouting dept too if you get 2 guys from Ohio State, 1 from Cincy and 1 from The School Up North. We'll need to a Safety to take John Johnson's spot too; and this one seems to be a pretty solid tackler (unless I just jinxed him).
I wouldn't mind that unfolding for the Browns at all. Seems pretty easy on the scouting dept too if you get 2 guys from Ohio State, 1 from Cincy and 1 from The School Up North. We'll need to a Safety to take John Johnson's spot too; and this one seems to be a pretty solid tackler (unless I just jinxed him).
We assume Johnson is leaving, but i am not so sure.
I think a lot of his problems were related to Woods. I don't understand how a guy can go from one of the better safeties in the league to a guy who was pretty bad once he came to Cleveland. I didn't see the dreaded lead shoe syndrome. You remember how Hanford Dixson looked to be Hanford, and then in a week he looked like Paul Zukaskis could beat him in a race.
For those who don't remember Zuk, he may have been the biggest clod to ever play for the Browns. He was ok until he had to move his feet more than a few feet.
-
2022 season/ DL vs The Run Stat Study
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-dl-run-defense-stat-study/
2022 season/ DL vs The Run Stat Study
https://steelersdepot.com/2023/02/2023-nfl-draft-prospects-dl-run-defense-stat-study/
My issue with raw data like this is the same beef I've had with sites like PFF since Corey Coleman - I need context on assignment vs offensive design. Without it, numbers can be incredibly misleading.
Example, if Im playing closed end and spilling, my raw tackle numbers or TFL might look REAL bad compared to another edge not playing the same role.
Or if I'm getting someone like Benton who is averaging a better negative tackle depth, I want and need to know the why? Is he doing that from a shade or is he 2 gapping? 2 gapping would lead me to believe he's being a disruptive force well above most college NTs. If he's playing a shade and putting up average numbers, then I also go into relative competition, game script, scores, etc etc.
These are nice attempts, first layer metrics at trying to get a handle on production. But at the end of the day it's still a narrow snapshot of a MUCH larger picture.
-
I wouldn't mind that unfolding for the Browns at all. Seems pretty easy on the scouting dept too if you get 2 guys from Ohio State, 1 from Cincy and 1 from The School Up North. We'll need to a Safety to take John Johnson's spot too; and this one seems to be a pretty solid tackler (unless I just jinxed him).
We assume Johnson is leaving, but i am not so sure.
I think a lot of his problems were related to Woods. I don't understand how a guy can go from one of the better safeties in the league to a guy who was pretty bad once he came to Cleveland. I didn't see the dreaded lead shoe syndrome. You remember how Hanford Dixson looked to be Hanford, and then in a week he looked like Paul Zukaskis could beat him in a race.
For those who don't remember Zuk, he may have been the biggest clod to ever play for the Browns. He was ok until he had to move his feet more than a few feet.
We assume Johnson is leaving, but i am not so sure.
I think a lot of his problems were related to Woods. I don't understand how a guy can go from one of the better safeties in the league to a guy who was pretty bad once he came to Cleveland.
Aaron Donald, Greg Gaines, SJD, Troy Hill, Jalen Ramsey, Jordan Fuller and Leonard Floyd. Coming from a loaded defense that had him play more limited assignments while Jordan Fuller took over as your MFS.
Johnny J is still a pretty good DB and I'd hate to see him go. But business is business, and at the moment he costs a bit too much.
-
I wouldn't mind that unfolding for the Browns at all. Seems pretty easy on the scouting dept too if you get 2 guys from Ohio State, 1 from Cincy and 1 from The School Up North. We'll need to a Safety to take John Johnson's spot too; and this one seems to be a pretty solid tackler (unless I just jinxed him).
We assume Johnson is leaving, but i am not so sure.
I think a lot of his problems were related to Woods. I don't understand how a guy can go from one of the better safeties in the league to a guy who was pretty bad once he came to Cleveland. I didn't see the dreaded lead shoe syndrome. You remember how Hanford Dixson looked to be Hanford, and then in a week he looked like Paul Zukaskis could beat him in a race.
For those who don't remember Zuk, he may have been the biggest clod to ever play for the Browns. He was ok until he had to move his feet more than a few feet.
We assume Johnson is leaving, but i am not so sure.
I think a lot of his problems were related to Woods. I don't understand how a guy can go from one of the better safeties in the league to a guy who was pretty bad once he came to Cleveland. I didn't see the dreaded lead shoe syndrome. You remember how Hanford Dixson looked to be Hanford, and then in a week he looked like Paul Zukaskis could beat him in a race.
For those who don't remember Zuk, he may have been the biggest clod to ever play for the Browns. He was ok until he had to move his feet more than a few feet.
This is only my opinion so it doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong. I don't think there was a person in the fanbase that wasn't excited about him coming here. Unfortunately, that wasn't the same guy that came here. I think the FO should get just as much credit as you're giving Woods considering how much their chosen ones on the IDL didn't make life easy on the back tiers of the defense.@tiamat63 gives a good explanation of it all in the previous post.
-
We assume Johnson is leaving, but i am not so sure.
I think a lot of his problems were related to Woods. I don't understand how a guy can go from one of the better safeties in the league to a guy who was pretty bad once he came to Cleveland. I didn't see the dreaded lead shoe syndrome. You remember how Hanford Dixson looked to be Hanford, and then in a week he looked like Paul Zukaskis could beat him in a race.
For those who don't remember Zuk, he may have been the biggest clod to ever play for the Browns. He was ok until he had to move his feet more than a few feet.
This is only my opinion so it doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong. I don't think there was a person in the fanbase that wasn't excited about him coming here. Unfortunately, that wasn't the same guy that came here. I think the FO should get just as much credit as you're giving Woods considering how much their chosen ones on the IDL didn't make life easy on the back tiers of the defense.@tiamat63 gives a good explanation of it all in the previous post.
This is only my opinion so it doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong. I don't think there was a person in the fanbase that wasn't excited about him coming here. Unfortunately, that wasn't the same guy that came here. I think the FO should get just as much credit as you're giving Woods considering how much their chosen ones on the IDL didn't make life easy on the back tiers of the defense.@tiamat63 gives a good explanation of it all in the previous post.
I understand, and that may be true. I just don't see any real physical evidence that would explain the drop in play.
-
NFL Combine Snubs https://withthefirstpick.com/2023/02/09/10-biggest-nfl-combine-snubs-2023/ ?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
