Mayfield
-
It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!
LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".
hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".
hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
And if YOU would just let it go and move on, we could stop having discussions about a guy who no longer plays for the Browns....
-
LOL - it's true - two whole long threads of baker bashing etc, then one positive thread got bitched about - "he isn't a Brown anymore".
hahahaha. I don't get gloating about Baker's struggles with two struggling teams.....like the last game.... - (except I felt sorry for him and the whole rams team vs the packers in the freeze your ass off game).
If it weren't for all the ongoing *negativity* around here, we all could just stop the controversy.
And if YOU would just let it go and move on, we could stop having discussions about a guy who no longer plays for the Browns....
-
another lie. My positive thread came WELL AFTER the TWO negative threads.
but thanks for replying in the afternoon.......
Yeah Baker lapdog... Gotta keep on defending your hero. LOL, I'll leave your other hero out of the discussion on the BROWNS Forum... Thanks for proving my point, or you going to deny you started that thread?
I'm not being negative when I opined that Stefanski and Berry correctly estimated Baker's ability level and effectively told him his quarterbacking skills weren't good enough to lead the Browns going forward. And he made history, the only #1 overall pick to be on his third team this quickly.
Will Mayfield ever be able to get another starting qb gig in the NFL? Remains to be seen. If he does, good for him... But from my POV what I said earlier, it's sure looking like defensive coordinators have figured Baker out.
Finally, I'd say anymore the vast majority of Browns fans care about Baker as much as they do about Jarvis Landry or Jordan Poyer. So give it a rest already.
-
- LA Rams
- Matchup
- Green Bay
Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat 12 21 111 1 1 67.8 He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.
I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig).
The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward.
Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast?
-
- LA Rams
- Matchup
- Green Bay
Passing Comp Att Yds TD Int QBRat 12 21 111 1 1 67.8 He made a few nice throws but in general, he was running for his life. Missed a couple reads as usual.
I think he'll stick around in LA with McVay (assuming he stays, there's reports of him leaving for a TV gig).
The Rams' 1st round pick is going to the Lions in 2023. So it's either Stafford, Wofford, or Mayfield moving forward.
Wow though, who ever thought the Rams would disintegrate so fast?
-
Since your reading comprehension sucks - I'll give you a comparison that's easy to understand. I'm a life-long Browns' fan; while you're just a Baker fan that wants to sniff his dirty jock strap.
It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy. I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
My dad was one of the biggest Cleveland Browns fans northeast of Ohio when I was born in 1964; so being a Browns fan by 1968 was inevitable. We had a huge antenna on top of our house in the 70s getting us feeds from all over and as far north as Ottawa, Canada (and that was commentated in French).
Does any of that change why we needed so many Baker Mayfield threads with some guys acting like we traded away the next Joe Montana or Steve Young instead of Colt McCoy (whom I've maintained a lot of respect for fwiw). I even rooted for Baker and defended him when I felt criticism was unfair. I did it all the time and you would easily know that if you were here. But, let's be real, as a 1st overall pick - is he ever going to be more than just a passenger at the NFL level? IMO, if he was - he wouldn't be on his 3rd team already only because Matthew Stafford is on IR. That's more Colt McCoy than misunderstood Joe Montana. I don't see the elite guy I thought I'd see. If you do, that's fine. We're not in this conversation because I called your pov idiotic - we're in it because you did that to me.
My favorite 2 QBs during my 54 years as a fan are Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar. One of those guys was a 13th round draft pick out of San Diego State. 13th round usually implied there were a bunch of imperfections/weaknesses to overcome. Sipe became the only NFL MVP this team has had. And how? He led a lot of comeback victories here that earned him the respect he deserved. The excitement from all the late comeback victories gave the offense/team the nickname "Kardiac Kids." Kosar and Sipe repeatedly earned my respect here...
-
I hope Haslam and Berry are taking notes.
They have a 25 page power point presentation from Kyle Shanahan somewhere in the building?
-
It's not my reading comprehension at fault here. It's more your dumbass comparison of Mayfield to Colt McCoy. I couldn't care less where Mayfield ends up....or Watson, for that matter. I get damn sick of you guys taking any shot you can at a guy who came in here, and brought this team back from 1 - 31 and finally gave us something to get excited about. Lifelong fan??....have you been there since 1960 like
Yeah, FYI I've been around the football world as long as you have.... Yep, Baker took the Browns to the playoffs... You still giddy that Jim Brown won us the NFL Championship in 1964? That's one outlier year for Mayfield, and what the experts opined about Baker rang true again Monday night, he's maddeningly inconsistent. He was pretty pedestrian against the Packers, Captain check down.. And I saw at least one play where Baker had a two guys wide open (shades of the OBJ bitch) and he didn't see them.
Of course Cult Baker is still making excuses for him and can't come to admit Mayfield is another Andy Dalton who can only succeed if the surrounding cast is studly all world.
It amazes me that for all the people that wanted to run Mayfield out of town , They sure want to keep talking and scrutinizing about him... I guess they aren't happy enough... I mean Jesus .. Let the kid go live his life for chrissake... he's not a Brown anymore... Some of you pussies need to move on and focus on Watson.. He's the QB now... (Not directed at you Cal). I wish the kid nothing but success except when playing against us... I will keep an eye on him from a far... All that being said... Go Browns!
That's the problem with Cult Baker nickers... And it IS a cult. Should we analyze everything former Brown Jarvis Landry is doing with the Saints? Maybe rave about how great Jordan Poyer is playing for the Bills? Sheeezzzeee!!!! I'm more than happy to let it go and move on. THEY'RE the ones who can't let it go, and follow his every doing around the league like a bunch of pathetic lapdogs. I learned long ago not to fall in love with particular Browns players (with few exceptions). I still have a Tim Couch gathering dust in my basement as a reminder of that.
PS Tia- I hope you bet a ton on the Packers to cover last night. It could have been more than 12, if they didn't do a series of kneel downs to run out the clock at the end of the game.
Yeah, FYI I've been around the football world as long as you have.... Yep, Baker took the Browns to the playoffs... You still giddy that Jim Brown won us the NFL Championship in 1964? That's one outlier year for Mayfield, and what the experts opined about Baker rang true again Monday night, he's maddeningly inconsistent. He was pretty pedestrian against the Packers, Captain check down.. And I saw at least one play where Baker had a two guys wide open (shades of the OBJ bitch) and he didn't see them.
Of course Cult Baker is still making excuses for him and can't come to admit Mayfield is another Andy Dalton who can only succeed if the surrounding cast is studly all world.
That's the problem with Cult Baker nickers... And it IS a cult. Should we analyze everything former Brown Jarvis Landry is doing with the Saints? Maybe rave about how great Jordan Poyer is playing for the Bills? Sheeezzzeee!!!! I'm more than happy to let it go and move on. THEY'RE the ones who can't let it go, and follow his every doing around the league like a bunch of pathetic lapdogs. I learned long ago not to fall in love with particular Browns players (with few exceptions). I still have a Tim Couch gathering dust in my basement as a reminder of that.
PS Tia- I hope you bet a ton on the Packers to cover last night. It could have been more than 12, if they didn't do a series of kneel downs to run out the clock at the end of the game.
Holy crap!...you Mayfield haters are the ones guilty of not letting go. No matter what he does, you have to start a thread about it...not you personally, but the "Anti Baker cult" you belong to. I already stated more than once....I don't really care what he does, but I will defend him when you're comparing him to Colt McCoy. How many playoff games did Colt win when he was here? I have to correct about the '64 Championship game. Jim Brown didn't really have much to do with that one sided domination of the Colts. It was all Frank Ryan and Gary Collins.
-
Yeah, FYI I've been around the football world as long as you have.... Yep, Baker took the Browns to the playoffs... You still giddy that Jim Brown won us the NFL Championship in 1964? That's one outlier year for Mayfield, and what the experts opined about Baker rang true again Monday night, he's maddeningly inconsistent. He was pretty pedestrian against the Packers, Captain check down.. And I saw at least one play where Baker had a two guys wide open (shades of the OBJ bitch) and he didn't see them.
Of course Cult Baker is still making excuses for him and can't come to admit Mayfield is another Andy Dalton who can only succeed if the surrounding cast is studly all world.
That's the problem with Cult Baker nickers... And it IS a cult. Should we analyze everything former Brown Jarvis Landry is doing with the Saints? Maybe rave about how great Jordan Poyer is playing for the Bills? Sheeezzzeee!!!! I'm more than happy to let it go and move on. THEY'RE the ones who can't let it go, and follow his every doing around the league like a bunch of pathetic lapdogs. I learned long ago not to fall in love with particular Browns players (with few exceptions). I still have a Tim Couch gathering dust in my basement as a reminder of that.
PS Tia- I hope you bet a ton on the Packers to cover last night. It could have been more than 12, if they didn't do a series of kneel downs to run out the clock at the end of the game.
Holy crap!...you Mayfield haters are the ones guilty of not letting go. No matter what he does, you have to start a thread about it...not you personally, but the "Anti Baker cult" you belong to. I already stated more than once....I don't really care what he does, but I will defend him when you're comparing him to Colt McCoy. How many playoff games did Colt win when he was here? I have to correct about the '64 Championship game. Jim Brown didn't really have much to do with that one sided domination of the Colts. It was all Frank Ryan and Gary Collins.
Holy crap!...you Mayfield haters are the ones guilty of not letting go. No matter what he does, you have to start a thread about it...not you personally, but the "Anti Baker cult" you belong to. I already stated more than once....I don't really care what he does, but I will defend him when you're comparing him to Colt McCoy. How many playoff games did Colt win when he was here? I have to correct about the '64 Championship game. Jim Brown didn't really have much to do with that one sided domination of the Colts. It was all Frank Ryan and Gary Collins.
Telling the truth about a player doesn't make one a hater. That's you taking things way out of context in order for you to think you have a point.
After losing his starting job in Carolina to the guy he was supposed to upgrade, Baker is now filling in for an injured starter on another team just like Colt McCoy. The only difference is Baker was a 1st overall pick while Colt McCoy was a 3rd round pick. Filling in for injured starters on other teams doesn't get most of us agreeing that's a 1st overall pick acing the gig.
Go Browns!
-
-
18/20 for 185 and 2 TD.
Yep. But I'm figuring that the watson boys will whine endlessly about the four incompletions in that game.
Mayfield absolutely mastered that win in the passing game. Actually, he was 24 of 28. Zero ints, zero sacks. 2 TDs.
Cam Akers at rb? 23 carries for 118 yards and 3 TDs.
MERRY CHRISTMAS ! That, btw is 85.6% of his passes completed.
hoorta and tiam can go suck on watson's toes. They are on watson's virtual massage table with him, let them lay in it.
-
If anyone watched baker play for Cleveland they’d see a mediocre QB that couldn’t throw over his line unless it was 30 yards over his receivers dead.
the guy got benched for darnold and cut, reportedly locker room cancer.
he has two good games and now we all love him? Makes no sense.
watson played average which is whatever, but baker is not an nfl starter.
-
If anyone watched baker play for Cleveland they’d see a mediocre QB that couldn’t throw over his line unless it was 30 yards over his receivers dead.
the guy got benched for darnold and cut, reportedly locker room cancer.
he has two good games and now we all love him? Makes no sense.
watson played average which is whatever, but baker is not an nfl starter.
If anyone watched baker play for Cleveland they’d see a mediocre QB that couldn’t throw over his line unless it was 30 yards over his receivers dead.
the guy got benched for darnold and cut, reportedly locker room cancer.
he has two good games and now we all love him? Makes no sense.
watson played average which is whatever, but baker is not an nfl starter.
Mayfield probably is an average NFL starting quarterback with occasional above average games (just check his CLE and CAR stats.) He did crack into the playoffs before fizzling out.
BRM is NOT a franchise quarterback which is what the Cleveland BROWNS have needed for a few decades ..... or more.
Watson has NFL Player of the Year and has franchise opportunities especially with a little good help and maybe a better play caller ! I think that's been quite apparent since he has hit the field.
Besides he's already been paid for better let him open it up ..... without forgetting to RUN THE BALL TOO.
-
-
If anyone watched baker play for Cleveland they’d see a mediocre QB that couldn’t throw over his line unless it was 30 yards over his receivers dead.
the guy got benched for darnold and cut, reportedly locker room cancer.
he has two good games and now we all love him? Makes no sense.
watson played average which is whatever, but baker is not an nfl starter.
Mayfield probably is an average NFL starting quarterback with occasional above average games (just check his CLE and CAR stats.) He did crack into the playoffs before fizzling out.
BRM is NOT a franchise quarterback which is what the Cleveland BROWNS have needed for a few decades ..... or more.
Watson has NFL Player of the Year and has franchise opportunities especially with a little good help and maybe a better play caller ! I think that's been quite apparent since he has hit the field.
Besides he's already been paid for better let him open it up ..... without forgetting to RUN THE BALL TOO.
BRM is NOT a franchise quarterback which is what the Cleveland BROWNS have needed for a few decades ..... or more.
Sean McVay is a big reason why Mayfield looks like a franchise quarterback right now. Sometimes it just takes the right system and coach. What if Mayfield was drafted by McVay and the Rams? What if Tom Brady was drafted by the Lions, would he have 7 super bowls?
Speaking of Brady, finally looks like he's at the end of the line.
-
BRM is NOT a franchise quarterback which is what the Cleveland BROWNS have needed for a few decades ..... or more.
Sean McVay is a big reason why Mayfield looks like a franchise quarterback right now. Sometimes it just takes the right system and coach. What if Mayfield was drafted by McVay and the Rams? What if Tom Brady was drafted by the Lions, would he have 7 super bowls?
Speaking of Brady, finally looks like he's at the end of the line.
Sean McVay is a big reason why Mayfield looks like a franchise quarterback right now. Sometimes it just takes the right system and coach. What if Mayfield was drafted by McVay and the Rams? What if Tom Brady was drafted by the Lions, would he have 7 super bowls?
Speaking of Brady, finally looks like he's at the end of the line.
Yes. Brady has that worn out look on the field. But going for another OT win.
...... edit add, and he did it 19-16 final.
-
Sean McVay is a big reason why Mayfield looks like a franchise quarterback right now. Sometimes it just takes the right system and coach. What if Mayfield was drafted by McVay and the Rams? What if Tom Brady was drafted by the Lions, would he have 7 super bowls?
Speaking of Brady, finally looks like he's at the end of the line.
Yes. Brady has that worn out look on the field. But going for another OT win.
...... edit add, and he did it 19-16 final.
Yes. Brady has that worn out look on the field. But going for another OT win.
...... edit add, and he did it 19-16 final.
He's still got it between the ears, but he has been underthrowing his receivers the past few games. Like he doesn't have the arm anymore. I have been following him his whole career, it's going to be a sad day when he's no longer on the field. I don't care what the haters say.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


Who knows, hes on #3 pretty quick.