Skip to content

​ "The"  ?  Official Browns at Bengals Game 13 Thread  • WEEK 14 •  ? ​

The Browns Board
280 29 6.4k 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    He found Islam only for the purpose of dodging the draft. He was, indeed, a coward.

    Not only that... I believe someone had Rocky Marciano killed or Ali would've never had a lucrative boxing career.. in fact Ali purposely avoided Marciano.. Because had he got in the ring with him.. The rock would've kicked his ass... My old man sat and drank coffee with the Rock on several occasions.. Told me a lot of inside stuff when I was a kid.. I miss the good old days...

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    He found Islam only for the purpose of dodging the draft. He was, indeed, a coward.

    Not only that... I believe someone had Rocky Marciano killed or Ali would've never had a lucrative boxing career.. in fact Ali purposely avoided Marciano.. Because had he got in the ring with him.. The rock would've kicked his ass... My old man sat and drank coffee with the Rock on several occasions.. Told me a lot of inside stuff when I was a kid.. I miss the good old days...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @nickers said:

    Not only that... I believe someone had Rocky Marciano killed or Ali would've never had a lucrative boxing career.. in fact Ali purposely avoided Marciano.. Because had he got in the ring with him.. The rock would've kicked his ass...

    Jesus H. Christ.

    In the litany of truly idiotic things you've spouted on here, congratulations, you've reached a new low. Marciano was 19 years older than Ali. By the time Ali won a Gold Medal at the age of 18 at the 1960 Olympics, Marciano was already 37 years old. He had retired from boxing in 1956, when Clay/Ali was 14 years old. 

    And Ali became a Muslim in 1961, years before the first American troops entered Vietnam. 

    Embarrassing. 

  • Watson looked much better today.  The rest of the team sucked.

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Watson looked much better today.  The rest of the team sucked.

    It's not hard to look much better than he was against Houston....79.1 qb rating?.....not anything I would get excited about. I can't wait to see that jump from this to..."elite, top 5 qb". 

  • @nickers said:

    Not only that... I believe someone had Rocky Marciano killed or Ali would've never had a lucrative boxing career.. in fact Ali purposely avoided Marciano.. Because had he got in the ring with him.. The rock would've kicked his ass...

    Jesus H. Christ.

    In the litany of truly idiotic things you've spouted on here, congratulations, you've reached a new low. Marciano was 19 years older than Ali. By the time Ali won a Gold Medal at the age of 18 at the 1960 Olympics, Marciano was already 37 years old. He had retired from boxing in 1956, when Clay/Ali was 14 years old. 

    And Ali became a Muslim in 1961, years before the first American troops entered Vietnam. 

    Embarrassing. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jesus H. Christ.

    In the litany of truly idiotic things you've spouted on here, congratulations, you've reached a new low. Marciano was 19 years older than Ali. By the time Ali won a Gold Medal at the age of 18 at the 1960 Olympics, Marciano was already 37 years old. He had retired from boxing in 1956, when Clay/Ali was 14 years old. 

    And Ali became a Muslim in 1961, years before the first American troops entered Vietnam. 

    Embarrassing. 

    Go argue about it with my dead father...

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Watson looked much better today.  The rest of the team sucked.

    It's not hard to look much better than he was against Houston....79.1 qb rating?.....not anything I would get excited about. I can't wait to see that jump from this to..."elite, top 5 qb". 

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    It's not hard to look much better than he was against Houston....79.1 qb rating?.....not anything I would get excited about. I can't wait to see that jump from this to..."elite, top 5 qb". 

    He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

  • @lodilobo said:

    It's not hard to look much better than he was against Houston....79.1 qb rating?.....not anything I would get excited about. I can't wait to see that jump from this to..."elite, top 5 qb". 

    He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

    Tell that to Bob Feller and Ted Williams who had their careers halted by Military service .. Came back to the game and didn't miss a beat...This clown has been abysmal...

  • @lodilobo said:

    It's not hard to look much better than he was against Houston....79.1 qb rating?.....not anything I would get excited about. I can't wait to see that jump from this to..."elite, top 5 qb". 

    He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

    lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

    If that was Mayfield yesterday, the loss would be totally his fault...according to you and the Cleveland media. I don't hate Watson....but he sucks. Now Haslam?...yeah...I hate him.

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    He found Islam only for the purpose of dodging the draft. He was, indeed, a coward.

    He converted to Islam before the Vietnam war even started lol. He never used Islam to dodge the draft he said "no vietcong ever called me nigga" and was a conscientious objector. Get your facts straight.

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Watson looked much better today.  The rest of the team sucked.

    It's not hard to look much better than he was against Houston....79.1 qb rating?.....not anything I would get excited about. I can't wait to see that jump from this to..."elite, top 5 qb". 

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    It's not hard to look much better than he was against Houston....79.1 qb rating?.....not anything I would get excited about. I can't wait to see that jump from this to..."elite, top 5 qb". 

    Dallas struggled against Houston, needed a game winning drive at the end of the 4th quarter to win it. We can agree Dallas is much better than the Browns this season.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    interesting stuff:

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

    If that was Mayfield yesterday, the loss would be totally his fault...according to you and the Cleveland media. I don't hate Watson....but he sucks. Now Haslam?...yeah...I hate him.

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    @lodilobo said:

    If that was Mayfield yesterday, the loss would be totally his fault...according to you and the Cleveland media. I don't hate Watson....but he sucks. Now Haslam?...yeah...I hate him.

    Hardly.   The Oline and our Defense sucked.  Chubb had less than 40 yards rushing.  But keep up the hate of OUR quarterback.

  • @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    He barely had time to set up.  Our O line sucked.  Get past your hate of our quarterback.

    Tell that to Bob Feller and Ted Williams who had their careers halted by Military service .. Came back to the game and didn't miss a beat...This clown has been abysmal...

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Tell that to Bob Feller and Ted Williams who had their careers halted by Military service .. Came back to the game and didn't miss a beat...This clown has been abysmal...

    You're comparing baseball pitchers to NFL Quarterbacks.

  • @mddawg said:

    Baker didn't have a 700 day lay off. When the NFL extended Watson's suspension from 6 to 11 games, our season was effectively over, we hoped otherwise but it is what is.

    I know what you are saying - but his suspension was only about 330 days, and  the rest, he did to himself. He is responsible for his own troubles. Plenty of time to work on his mechanics on his own.

       He may start being a terrific qb next year...or not. Still a sad situation.

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I know what you are saying - but his suspension was only about 330 days, and  the rest, he did to himself. He is responsible for his own troubles. Plenty of time to work on his mechanics on his own.

       He may start being a terrific qb next year...or not. Still a sad situation.

    You have to work with your line, your backs and your receivers.  Kind of hard to do on your own.,

  • @nickers said:

    Tell that to Bob Feller and Ted Williams who had their careers halted by Military service .. Came back to the game and didn't miss a beat...This clown has been abysmal...

    You're comparing baseball pitchers to NFL Quarterbacks.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    You're comparing baseball pitchers to NFL Quarterbacks.

    If your good... your good.. No excuses... I was going off of what Ghoolie originally posted

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    But...excuses. 

    ...or is it reasons?   Like, this was his second football game in two years.  And he's on a new team but wasn't allowed to 'be' with the team and get in sync with his new players.   They're called 'reasons' because many of us anticipated this type of start for Watson.  Of course, those who think that someone can be plopped into this type of situation and come out of the box with 125 passer rating....well, I got nothin' for ya.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    ...or is it reasons?   Like, this was his second football game in two years.  And he's on a new team but wasn't allowed to 'be' with the team and get in sync with his new players.   They're called 'reasons' because many of us anticipated this type of start for Watson.  Of course, those who think that someone can be plopped into this type of situation and come out of the box with 125 passer rating....well, I got nothin' for ya.

    This is the 230 millipn dollar man, here. The michael jordan of football, throwing darts at the worms. 

  • Todays 49ers vs Buccaneers game is rookie Brock Purdy vs Tom Brady.

    It is the largest age difference between starting QBs in the history of the NFL. 

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Todays 49ers vs Buccaneers game is rookie Brock Purdy vs Tom Brady.

    It is the largest age difference between starting QBs in the history of the NFL. 

    Purdy and the 49ers took Brady behind the woodshed yesterday. Hurts me to say that because I always been a fan of Brady. But he finally looks his age on the field, underthrowing receivers like he just doesn't have the arm anymore. It's an end of an era. Like him or hate him, he's everything every fan wants in a quarterback.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Jesus H. Christ.

    In the litany of truly idiotic things you've spouted on here, congratulations, you've reached a new low. Marciano was 19 years older than Ali. By the time Ali won a Gold Medal at the age of 18 at the 1960 Olympics, Marciano was already 37 years old. He had retired from boxing in 1956, when Clay/Ali was 14 years old. 

    And Ali became a Muslim in 1961, years before the first American troops entered Vietnam. 

    Embarrassing. 

    Go argue about it with my dead father...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Go argue about it with my dead father...

    Don't blame your dead father for your idiot takes on virtually every subject under the sun. 

    Jesus. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Looks like Kyler Murray's season could be over, knee injury. 

  • N Neo

    @dutch-oven said:

    Todays 49ers vs Buccaneers game is rookie Brock Purdy vs Tom Brady.

    It is the largest age difference between starting QBs in the history of the NFL. 

    Purdy and the 49ers took Brady behind the woodshed yesterday. Hurts me to say that because I always been a fan of Brady. But he finally looks his age on the field, underthrowing receivers like he just doesn't have the arm anymore. It's an end of an era. Like him or hate him, he's everything every fan wants in a quarterback.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    Purdy and the 49ers took Brady behind the woodshed yesterday. Hurts me to say that because I always been a fan of Brady. But he finally looks his age on the field, underthrowing receivers like he just doesn't have the arm anymore. It's an end of an era. Like him or hate him, he's everything every fan wants in a quarterback.

    His retirement is going to make me feel really old.

    I believe he's the last American professional athlete still playing who was born in the 1970s.

    I still remember how weird it was in the 90s when there started to be players younger than me. 

  • @orion said:

    ...or is it reasons?   Like, this was his second football game in two years.  And he's on a new team but wasn't allowed to 'be' with the team and get in sync with his new players.   They're called 'reasons' because many of us anticipated this type of start for Watson.  Of course, those who think that someone can be plopped into this type of situation and come out of the box with 125 passer rating....well, I got nothin' for ya.

    This is the 230 millipn dollar man, here. The michael jordan of football, throwing darts at the worms. 

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    This is the 230 millipn dollar man, here. The michael jordan of football, throwing darts at the worms. 

    Last game, I saw little or none of that this game.  I hope when he starts lighting it up we'll get the same number of posts about his performance.