Woods & Watson
-
I hear ya. It just sucks that left tackle is a need considering how high Dorsey drafted the guy. He couldn't have a better Offensive Line Coach so I'm ruling out it's a coaching issue. By the time we draft in round 2, the run on the elite left tackles will be done. The good news with the IDL/DT position being such a big need is that round 2 will have us in ideal position to draft an elite DT.
Looking at priorities, we need to find starters at Left Tackle and 2 Defensive Tackle positions. I'm also not sure what we will be doing at Center since every one of them got hurt last year, including Pocic for a few weeks. Drafting OL/DT guys slotted for the developmental rounds probably isn't advisable this draft. Free agency is an option but cap health counts on good drafting. This leads me to ask the question - is this FO any good at drafting offensive or defensive linemen? Are they always drafting DBs early because they're not confident in their ability to draft linemen on either side of the ball? Or, is it a little bit of that plus a need to upgrade previous starters?
Other areas that need attention IMO are TE, Safety, LBer. I don't mind adding depth at corner later in rounds 6, 7 and undrafted free agency. I think our depth there is decent. All this said, I'm just a fan so I'm going by pressing needs first in lieu of drafting best prospect available (bpa). If we went the bpa route when we already had Joe Thomas - how much sense would it have made if we drafted another LT in upper round 1 just 1-2 years after drafting Joe Thomas? We can do a little bit of both by addressing pressing needs earlier and bpa in rounds 4-7...
The teams that consistently win in the AFC North don't do it by accident. They have a better FO than us. THAT is where we need to start consistently beating the teams in our division.
I don't know about elite DT's being available in round 2. How about we hope for good? Carter and Breese are elite, and they will going inside the top 5-6 picks. This DT class isn't the deepest. Mazi Smith might be there, but he is more a NT type player.
I don't know about elite DT's being available in round 2. How about we hope for good? Carter and Breese are elite, and they will going inside the top 5-6 picks. This DT class isn't the deepest. Mazi Smith might be there, but he is more a NT type player.
FWIW
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/05/browns-land-mazi-smith-2023-nfl-mock-draft-2/
-
@tiamat63 You give plenty of reasons why Jed is struggling, and also state "how seemingly insurmountable it can be to make the transition from R---> L." Let's put that in a practical roster building perspective for this off-season. He is in the final year of a fairly lucrative rookie contract, and he may never blossom into our desired LT. What do you do with him?
I doubt there is much of a trade market for him out there. Let him play out the rest of the season, and potentially let him walk at the end. Or cut him before the season, and free up much-needed cap space.
@tiamat63 What do you do with him?
Let him play out the rest of the season.
This. His rookie pay isn't so back-breaking that we NEED to clear his cap. And Hudson isn't an option that is head and shoulders above him.
What are you watching, cartoons?
I could show you a dozen plays where he was beaten from questionable footwork which lead to bad balance. Then to recover, Jed ends up playing matador with the rusher and it's not a good look. There were also a couple times he was beaten on missed blocking assignments in certain protections. Next thing you know he's looking around for work instead of moving. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to see what I find firsthand, you're welcome to join me on TBB discord.
But don't ever insult me by saying some dumb shit like that again.
Edit: and if you want to watch anything from the first 8 seasons of Family Guy, I'm down for that ?
-
I don't know about elite DT's being available in round 2. How about we hope for good? Carter and Breese are elite, and they will going inside the top 5-6 picks. This DT class isn't the deepest. Mazi Smith might be there, but he is more a NT type player.
FWIW
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/05/browns-land-mazi-smith-2023-nfl-mock-draft-2/
FWIW
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/05/browns-land-mazi-smith-2023-nfl-mock-draft-2/
Thanks, I hadn't seen that but I have looked at enough player rankings and done a few mocks and he should be available around our draft position. At least as things stand now. Who knows what happens over the next few months.
As much as I would like to draft a DT, I am not sure the value will be there. I don't think we should or will be going in to this draft with needs as the primary concern. Without a 1st rounder this year and next, it's really important we get a few good players a draft who can become starters or we are going to have a talent void in a few years as guys like Bitonio, Chubb, etc are riding out the string or no longer on the team
-
@tiamat63 What do you do with him?
Let him play out the rest of the season.
This. His rookie pay isn't so back-breaking that we NEED to clear his cap. And Hudson isn't an option that is head and shoulders above him.
What are you watching, cartoons?
I could show you a dozen plays where he was beaten from questionable footwork which lead to bad balance. Then to recover, Jed ends up playing matador with the rusher and it's not a good look. There were also a couple times he was beaten on missed blocking assignments in certain protections. Next thing you know he's looking around for work instead of moving. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to see what I find firsthand, you're welcome to join me on TBB discord.
But don't ever insult me by saying some dumb shit like that again.
Edit: and if you want to watch anything from the first 8 seasons of Family Guy, I'm down for that ?
This. His rookie pay isn't so back-breaking that we NEED to clear his cap. And Hudson isn't an option that is head and shoulders above him.
I could show you a dozen plays where he was beaten from questionable footwork which lead to bad balance. Then to recover, Jed ends up playing matador with the rusher and it's not a good look. There were also a couple times he was beaten on missed blocking assignments in certain protections. Next thing you know he's looking around for work instead of moving. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to see what I find firsthand, you're welcome to join me on TBB discord.
But don't ever insult me by saying some dumb shit like that again.
Edit: and if you want to watch anything from the first 8 seasons of Family Guy, I'm down for that ?
I trust what you tell us you find in your research T. You don't spend the amount of time you do researching to make up stuff.
That said, the reason I think he's lazy is when he run blocks - it seems like he frequently stops immediately after his initial hit (and stands there watching.). That frustrates me to no end. The irony is while he's standing still - he's jumping off the screen at me. I will confess I drink beer and try to relax watching the Browns . But it's the BROWNS so that has a tendency to require quite a few of those frosted mug-fulls.
-
I don't expect it, but you could be right. The worst case is Stefanski doesn't make it to game 8 this season. I don't think Jimmy is going to be very happy if we are sitting at 2-5. The team needs to not only get above .500, they need to build cushion above .500. This is especially true if the D plays well.
If the D doesn't under a proven coordinator, then Berry's roster is was overrated and garbage and he needs to go.
We hear a lot about the Coordinators when things go wrong, which is justified a lot of the time. However, when it comes to a GM/Personnel Gran Pooh-bah - we have to wait 3 years before we can fairly judge their drafts. If some of those guys don't pan out - this is when a Coordinator sometimes gets too much of the credit for the bad unfolding.
To say such a thing, I need to elaborate further here. It's usually inevitable where a fan will say the Coordinator is responsible for the player development in the system the player is drafted to. Partially true, but there's also a Head Coach who is involved with interviewing the following coaching staff positions (that the Coordinators may assist him with selecting): Defensive Line Coach, Assistant Defensive Line Coach, Defensive Run Game Coordinator, Linebackers Coach, Defensive Backs Coach, Assistant Defensive Backs Coach, Defensive Assistant, Defensive Quality Control, Sr Offensive Assistant, Offensive Assistant, QBs Coach, Offensive Line Coach, Assistant Offensive Line Coach, RBs Coach, Receivers Coach, Assistant Receivers Coach, TEs Coach, Offensive Assistant, Offensive Quality Control, Assistant Special Teams Coach. All these coaches and their assistants are the nuts and bolts of developing the guys our FO drafts/acquires to the system the Browns have set up.
Inevitable question, what if they don't fit the system - isn't your Coordinator square-pegging round holes so he needs to be fired Flugel? That depends, do we change an entire system we wanted to install here because some mid-late round guys that might not be good enough for the NFL are having trouble with it? This is where the fine line comes into play. When we draft Receivers that can't catch the ball with any consistency - should we change our offense for them or realize the teams that frequent playoffs don't waste their time drafting this type of guy? Poor Anthony Schwartz went on prozac because of performance anxiety. Do we blame the Coordinator or the guy who wasted a draft pick on him in round 3? Have we been good enough to just "wtf let's roll the dice on him in round 3?"
Are we good enough to draft a lazy pass protector that played RT in college as our Left Tackle (and blindside pass protector) at #10 overall in round 1 because we have the one of the best Offensive Line Coaches in the league + an Assistant? He didn't play well at all this year; so do we need to fire the OL Coach or the Coordinator? Or do we realize the FO didn't fill a very important need/position when and where we were positioned to do so in the 1st round? Some might say, the flexibility to just move him to RT if he fails is a good thing. I can only give that a maybe at best; especially since our FO just extended Jack Conklin's contract at RT for a lot of cake. Not only that, James Hudson continues to improve because of a good work ethic I'm not seeing at all from Wills. He might already be a better RT than Wills at a much cap friendlier price. Should we change our entire offense to accommodate the limitations of Wills? Truth be told, he's the guy we're square pegging into a very important position that'll cause us to use a TE to help him with the edge rush or a RB to chip him. This liability, impacts the numbers we can attack a pass coverage with. On the surface, the Coaches and Coordinators will get blamed for him; but I'm going to give the FO the credit they deserve for this. The time to find out he's lazy and unmotivated isn't when he's starting at Left Tackle 3 years into things. To accommodate his limitations, we almost have to downshift into a much less desirable pass game that is almost exclusively short drop-quick throws on passes we don't have to tie up receivers helping Wills.
Last, but not least, the IDL was a major concern. In fairness, I don't think this was why Joe Woods got fired at all. I think it was more from the coverage breakdowns and complete lack of communication. Coaches are supposed to be Good Teachers; especially Coordinators. I'm not sure the position coaches always understood what Woods wanted from them; so it only made sense the secondary didn't. That said, they could have communicated better with each other during certain parts of the year. The Defensive Line has a position coach and his assistant coach to teach techniques and fundamentals many of these guys have been using since junior high school. It's nowhere near the hardest position to learn, not to be confused with easiest to play. It's got challenges especially in the IDL. I rarely ever see our Pro Bowl OGs get ragdolled. When they get beat very infrequently, it's usually by quickness or a wrong read. Relating this to our IDL/DTs - the ONLY time I saw Elliott get a sack involved nobody attempting to block him (a missed assignment/wrong read by the OL) and once in a while/every few games - he'll make a tackle for a loss. There's been no priority or urgency to draft IDL before rounds 3 and 4. When the FO let Sheldon Richardson (and his veteran leadership) go - someone on the Browns website said the FO indicated they can't see paying a DT the type of money they had committed to Richardson. When he was out there - the DL was getting their hands up in the air in the Playoff Game at Pittsburgh batting and deflecting Roethlisberger's passes to the extent he threw 5 INTs in that game. Richardson mattered not only as a player but as a leader. I don't know if this FO is good at understanding features like this because there's no spreadsheet capable of capturing it - so it doesn't exist to them.
When I lived in Western NY back when the Bills went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls, their scouts used to go as far as interviewing high school teachers and coaches about the character, work ethic and communication skills of the prospects they were interested in. Bill Polian was their GM; and he had a knack for finding a lot of small school and late round gems. That's how they found a Steve Tasker or an Andre Reed from D3 Kutztown State, Don Beebe from D2 Chadron State, Pete Metzlaars from D3 Wabash College or a Mark Kelso from William and Mary or Jeff Wright from Central Missouri State or a Phil Hansen from North Dakota State. All those guys played significant roles for their Super Bowl Teams. I don't get the sense they were putting on blindfolds and playing pin the tail on the donkey with these picks. They were drafting guys they knew that would be worth investing the time and energy into developing. Not just spreadsheet bullshit - but scouts that went to work researching what their GM/FO and Owner felt was important. I can only hope we have the right FO for this very important draft/off season....
If you made it this far, thanks for your patience!
Defensive Line Coach, Assistant Defensive Line Coach, Defensive Run Game Coordinator, Linebackers Coach, Defensive Backs Coach, Assistant Defensive Backs Coach, Defensive Assistant, Defensive Quality Control, Sr Offensive Assistant, Offensive Assistant, QBs Coach, Offensive Line Coach, Assistant Offensive Line Coach, RBs Coach, Receivers Coach, Assistant Receivers Coach, TEs Coach, Offensive Assistant, Offensive Quality Control, Assistant Special Teams Coach. All these coaches and their assistants are the nuts and bolts of developing the guys our FO drafts/acquires to the system the Browns have set up.
Here's my Berry bitch...
who's in Andrew Berry's office, scouting free agents? https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/16/browns-make-several-new-hires-and-promotions-in-the-front-office-and-scouting-staff/
Adam Al-Khayyal – Director of pro scouting Sam DeLuca – Assistant director of pro scouting
Who can we label as AB's best FA signing ? Clowney? Pocic? Walker? Brissett? JJ3?
Philly just may win a SB, with a good FA scouting front office.. no wonder they hired AB's twin brother ?
back under my 3rd rock from the sun ? end rant
-
@tiamat63 What do you do with him?
Let him play out the rest of the season.
This. His rookie pay isn't so back-breaking that we NEED to clear his cap. And Hudson isn't an option that is head and shoulders above him.
What are you watching, cartoons?
I could show you a dozen plays where he was beaten from questionable footwork which lead to bad balance. Then to recover, Jed ends up playing matador with the rusher and it's not a good look. There were also a couple times he was beaten on missed blocking assignments in certain protections. Next thing you know he's looking around for work instead of moving. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to see what I find firsthand, you're welcome to join me on TBB discord.
But don't ever insult me by saying some dumb shit like that again.
Edit: and if you want to watch anything from the first 8 seasons of Family Guy, I'm down for that ?
-
@tiamat63 What do you do with him?
Let him play out the rest of the season.
This. His rookie pay isn't so back-breaking that we NEED to clear his cap. And Hudson isn't an option that is head and shoulders above him.
What are you watching, cartoons?
I could show you a dozen plays where he was beaten from questionable footwork which lead to bad balance. Then to recover, Jed ends up playing matador with the rusher and it's not a good look. There were also a couple times he was beaten on missed blocking assignments in certain protections. Next thing you know he's looking around for work instead of moving. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to see what I find firsthand, you're welcome to join me on TBB discord.
But don't ever insult me by saying some dumb shit like that again.
Edit: and if you want to watch anything from the first 8 seasons of Family Guy, I'm down for that ?
-
-
FWIW
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/05/browns-land-mazi-smith-2023-nfl-mock-draft-2/
Thanks, I hadn't seen that but I have looked at enough player rankings and done a few mocks and he should be available around our draft position. At least as things stand now. Who knows what happens over the next few months.
As much as I would like to draft a DT, I am not sure the value will be there. I don't think we should or will be going in to this draft with needs as the primary concern. Without a 1st rounder this year and next, it's really important we get a few good players a draft who can become starters or we are going to have a talent void in a few years as guys like Bitonio, Chubb, etc are riding out the string or no longer on the team
Thanks, I hadn't seen that but I have looked at enough player rankings and done a few mocks and he should be available around our draft position. At least as things stand now. Who knows what happens over the next few months.
As much as I would like to draft a DT, I am not sure the value will be there. I don't think we should or will be going in to this draft with needs as the primary concern. Without a 1st rounder this year and next, it's really important we get a few good players a draft who can become starters or we are going to have a talent void in a few years as guys like Bitonio, Chubb, etc are riding out the string or no longer on the team
Best player available is apparently a key part of the approach of this FO. Drafting JOK in spite of their general disdain of LBs would support that. Drafting Jed and reaching for Newsome could make one second guess.
We definitely need longer term starters as you say, even if they do not start immediately. But we definitely need a quality injection in our IDL, and depth across many position groups. Being down to third and fourth stringers due to injuries in our O-line and LBs comes to mind. Speaking of which, we could probably do with improvements in the area of sports medicine and physical therapy to prevent or recover faster from injuries.
Basically, we damn near need it all. Yikes!
-
Thanks, I hadn't seen that but I have looked at enough player rankings and done a few mocks and he should be available around our draft position. At least as things stand now. Who knows what happens over the next few months.
As much as I would like to draft a DT, I am not sure the value will be there. I don't think we should or will be going in to this draft with needs as the primary concern. Without a 1st rounder this year and next, it's really important we get a few good players a draft who can become starters or we are going to have a talent void in a few years as guys like Bitonio, Chubb, etc are riding out the string or no longer on the team
Best player available is apparently a key part of the approach of this FO. Drafting JOK in spite of their general disdain of LBs would support that. Drafting Jed and reaching for Newsome could make one second guess.
We definitely need longer term starters as you say, even if they do not start immediately. But we definitely need a quality injection in our IDL, and depth across many position groups. Being down to third and fourth stringers due to injuries in our O-line and LBs comes to mind. Speaking of which, we could probably do with improvements in the area of sports medicine and physical therapy to prevent or recover faster from injuries.
Basically, we damn near need it all. Yikes!
Best player available is apparently a key part of the approach of this FO. Drafting JOK in spite of their general disdain of LBs would support that. Drafting Jed and reaching for Newsome could make one second guess.
We definitely need longer term starters as you say, even if they do not start immediately. But we definitely need a quality injection in our IDL, and depth across many position groups. Being down to third and fourth stringers due to injuries in our O-line and LBs comes to mind. Speaking of which, we could probably do with improvements in the area of sports medicine and physical therapy to prevent or recover faster from injuries.
Basically, we damn near need it all. Yikes!
It's not that bad. DT is the only position we are what i would call lacking....maybe backer to a degree.
I think we can cover DT in free agency. We don't need the superstar DT, we just need good. You can find those players. Now with Schwartz on board, maybe he can give a little guidance on what we need to look for.
I think we have been looking for players who have Aaron Donald measurables, and that is all well and good, but it doesn't work that way at grunt positions. Those guys need to have the "grunt" so to speak and i don't think that can be measured.
-
Thanks, I hadn't seen that but I have looked at enough player rankings and done a few mocks and he should be available around our draft position. At least as things stand now. Who knows what happens over the next few months.
As much as I would like to draft a DT, I am not sure the value will be there. I don't think we should or will be going in to this draft with needs as the primary concern. Without a 1st rounder this year and next, it's really important we get a few good players a draft who can become starters or we are going to have a talent void in a few years as guys like Bitonio, Chubb, etc are riding out the string or no longer on the team
Best player available is apparently a key part of the approach of this FO. Drafting JOK in spite of their general disdain of LBs would support that. Drafting Jed and reaching for Newsome could make one second guess.
We definitely need longer term starters as you say, even if they do not start immediately. But we definitely need a quality injection in our IDL, and depth across many position groups. Being down to third and fourth stringers due to injuries in our O-line and LBs comes to mind. Speaking of which, we could probably do with improvements in the area of sports medicine and physical therapy to prevent or recover faster from injuries.
Basically, we damn near need it all. Yikes!
We definitely need longer term starters as you say, even if they do not start immediately.
And they thought they had done that at DT. They guys they drafted didn't start immediately. This past season was their season to be starters. And since that failed it's back to the drawing board on that position.
I saw a Yahoo headline today (didn't read the article) that the Browns receiving corps were among the leagues slowest units. I'm assuming that includes Schwartz. So that's certainly gotta be high on the list. We've invested a quarter billion dollars and 3 first round picks on the passer. You can bet that Haslem & DePo have told Berry that that passer better have the receiving talent he needs to be successful.
-
We definitely need longer term starters as you say, even if they do not start immediately.
And they thought they had done that at DT. They guys they drafted didn't start immediately. This past season was their season to be starters. And since that failed it's back to the drawing board on that position.
I saw a Yahoo headline today (didn't read the article) that the Browns receiving corps were among the leagues slowest units. I'm assuming that includes Schwartz. So that's certainly gotta be high on the list. We've invested a quarter billion dollars and 3 first round picks on the passer. You can bet that Haslem & DePo have told Berry that that passer better have the receiving talent he needs to be successful.
And they thought they had done that at DT. They guys they drafted didn't start immediately. This past season was their season to be starters. And since that failed it's back to the drawing board on that position.
I saw a Yahoo headline today (didn't read the article) that the Browns receiving corps were among the leagues slowest units. I'm assuming that includes Schwartz. So that's certainly gotta be high on the list. We've invested a quarter billion dollars and 3 first round picks on the passer. You can bet that Haslem & DePo have told Berry that that passer better have the receiving talent he needs to be successful.
I don't know that it's "failed"... I want to see these kids in Schwartz's system... I want to see how Perrion Winfrey reacts and plays in this defense ... He has a lot of growing up to do
-
And they thought they had done that at DT. They guys they drafted didn't start immediately. This past season was their season to be starters. And since that failed it's back to the drawing board on that position.
I saw a Yahoo headline today (didn't read the article) that the Browns receiving corps were among the leagues slowest units. I'm assuming that includes Schwartz. So that's certainly gotta be high on the list. We've invested a quarter billion dollars and 3 first round picks on the passer. You can bet that Haslem & DePo have told Berry that that passer better have the receiving talent he needs to be successful.
I don't know that it's "failed"... I want to see these kids in Schwartz's system... I want to see how Perrion Winfrey reacts and plays in this defense ... He has a lot of growing up to do
I don't know that it's "failed"... I want to see these kids in Schwartz's system... I want to see how Perrion Winfrey reacts and plays in this defense ... He has a lot of growing up to do
If there's any Nurse Ratched clones out there - I think the Browns should be innovative and get her on the staff. I think poor Cheswick is still waiting for his cigarettes. Anyway, Winfrey now has some experience behind him so we should see some improvements via that as well as what Schwartz can tap.
-
Best player available is apparently a key part of the approach of this FO. Drafting JOK in spite of their general disdain of LBs would support that. Drafting Jed and reaching for Newsome could make one second guess.
We definitely need longer term starters as you say, even if they do not start immediately. But we definitely need a quality injection in our IDL, and depth across many position groups. Being down to third and fourth stringers due to injuries in our O-line and LBs comes to mind. Speaking of which, we could probably do with improvements in the area of sports medicine and physical therapy to prevent or recover faster from injuries.
Basically, we damn near need it all. Yikes!
It's not that bad. DT is the only position we are what i would call lacking....maybe backer to a degree.
I think we can cover DT in free agency. We don't need the superstar DT, we just need good. You can find those players. Now with Schwartz on board, maybe he can give a little guidance on what we need to look for.
I think we have been looking for players who have Aaron Donald measurables, and that is all well and good, but it doesn't work that way at grunt positions. Those guys need to have the "grunt" so to speak and i don't think that can be measured.
It's not that bad. DT is the only position we are what i would call lacking....maybe backer to a degree.
I think we can cover DT in free agency. We don't need the superstar DT, we just need good. You can find those players. Now with Schwartz on board, maybe he can give a little guidance on what we need to look for.
I think we have been looking for players who have Aaron Donald measurables, and that is all well and good, but it doesn't work that way at grunt positions. Those guys need to have the "grunt" so to speak and i don't think that can be measured.
Love that last line from you in bold above! I'm all in on some grunt and hunt.
The offseason before the Browns made the playoffs, I remembered worrying so much about the LBer Corps that I almost needed new shampoo. The Browns brought in FA (and former 1st round pick) DT Sheldon Richardson the year before this and he was one of the big reasons upfront/inside they were keeping the OGs off the LBers. Was he still in his prime? Not really; but he brought a wealth of experience and leadership qualities that helped get the little things out of his defensive teammates. For example, something as little "hey, y'all don't forget to get your hands up in the air when Ben is trying throw." 2 of 3 of Roethlisberger's 5 INTs in that playoff game were caused by deflected passes by our DL upfront. Those little things from our blue collar grunt really add up.
Yeah, we're not going to land an Aaron Donald in round 2 like you said; but I'll take another Bob Golic (previously drafted in the 2nd round of 1979 by NE). He ended up as a Pro Bowl player for us as a 2 gap gem at NT. He couldn't played well in a 2 gap scheme at DT as well if he needed to. Point is, with him in the middle in 1986 - the Browns had the top rated AFC Defense against the run. We got Golic as a FA in 1982 after he wasn't a keeper in NE's system (and I think he was originally drafted as a LBer). Who knows? Maybe 1 or 2 of the IDL guys that weren't emerging in Woods' system will do so in Schwartz'.
We could very well add a FA for our IDL; but they tend to cost more against the cap than a draftee via the rookie salary cap. There should be some very good prospects on our door step in round 2. I'd add round 3; but the FO luck with IDL in that round hasn't been good yet. Improving the IDL is doable; and the experience volume/expertise of Schwartz should have a strong influence in the kind of help he feels he needs inside/upfront.
-
And they thought they had done that at DT. They guys they drafted didn't start immediately. This past season was their season to be starters. And since that failed it's back to the drawing board on that position.
I saw a Yahoo headline today (didn't read the article) that the Browns receiving corps were among the leagues slowest units. I'm assuming that includes Schwartz. So that's certainly gotta be high on the list. We've invested a quarter billion dollars and 3 first round picks on the passer. You can bet that Haslem & DePo have told Berry that that passer better have the receiving talent he needs to be successful.
I don't know that it's "failed"... I want to see these kids in Schwartz's system... I want to see how Perrion Winfrey reacts and plays in this defense ... He has a lot of growing up to do
I don't know that it's "failed"... I want to see these kids in Schwartz's system... I want to see how Perrion Winfrey reacts and plays in this defense ... He has a lot of growing up to do
I mostly agree. Winfree is still early. I think Orion was talking about a guy like Togiai. He is a fail. He just sucks.
-
I don't know that it's "failed"... I want to see these kids in Schwartz's system... I want to see how Perrion Winfrey reacts and plays in this defense ... He has a lot of growing up to do
I mostly agree. Winfree is still early. I think Orion was talking about a guy like Togiai. He is a fail. He just sucks.
-
Togiai, barring miracle physical growth or undetected roid use, is already history. He was a questionable tweener that was picked at least a round early. His work against any team that called zone to his side was tragic at best. If you can't one 1gap plug, it won't matter what defensive coordinator you play under.
Jordan Elliot is also toast, unless Schwartz thinks he can drop the 20ish pounds he put on and play 3tech.
Taven Bryan's contact won't be picked back up for round 2 either.
-
I don't know that it's "failed"... I want to see these kids in Schwartz's system... I want to see how Perrion Winfrey reacts and plays in this defense ... He has a lot of growing up to do
I mostly agree. Winfree is still early. I think Orion was talking about a guy like Togiai. He is a fail. He just sucks.
I think Orion was talking about a guy like Togiai.
Yes, he and Elliott. The FO hoped that they would be ready to be starters this year. Well, it was a thought. Now to plan B. As far as Winfrey, I didn't like the way he played hardball with his contract, as if he was a first round pick, pre-cap. That rubs me the wrong way. (I know, who am I anyhow?) But he wound up in Stef's dog house too and was a healthy scratch more than a time or two. Still though, he was a rookie. So he gets more time. Plus, Tia liked him
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login