Skip to content

Haslams in talks to buy 25% stake in Bucks

The Browns Board
28 11 1.4k 1
  • @bob806 said:

    Yeah, it's got to be a good place to park your money if you're super wealthy.

    As for your first point, just recall Haslam's meddling in the 2014 draft with Manziel, and his hand- picked GM Ray Farmer that sabotaged a 6-3 start to a season. 

    Furthermore, Haslam's trust in DePodesta is mind boggling. I'm of the opinion that DePodesta's influence has handcuffed the Browns ability to win the last 2 seasons...I don't know if it can be proven, but I seriously doubt Stefanski/Berry okayed the "play an injured Baker" plan, that had to come from above.

    Also, ultimately the 2022 season was blown up by a questionable QB acquisition, & ignoring basic needs like DT. Time will tell what the long term effects will be of the DW signing ( we hope it's playoffs/a contender) but Haslam definitely had to sign off on it.

    All of that is well and good, if in fact as true as you think.  I still don't see how him owning the Bucks will have anything to do with the Browns. Him owing the Bucks won't make him better or worse as the owner of the Browns.

    I get that you don't like Haslam, which is fine. At least some of that dislike has been earned.  If you are a fan of the Bucks, I would understand your concern but as far as how this will impact the Browns, I just feel you are squawking to squawk, and I don't mean that as some sort of snack talk.  All of those teams are separate corporations, so one isn't going to impact another if they run in to some sort of trouble.

    Heck, if anything it might take Haslam's focus away from the Browns just a bit, which by the arguments you make would seem to be a good thing.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @ballpeen said:

    All of that is well and good, if in fact as true as you think.  I still don't see how him owning the Bucks will have anything to do with the Browns. Him owing the Bucks won't make him better or worse as the owner of the Browns.

    I get that you don't like Haslam, which is fine. At least some of that dislike has been earned.  If you are a fan of the Bucks, I would understand your concern but as far as how this will impact the Browns, I just feel you are squawking to squawk, and I don't mean that as some sort of snack talk.  All of those teams are separate corporations, so one isn't going to impact another if they run in to some sort of trouble.

    Heck, if anything it might take Haslam's focus away from the Browns just a bit, which by the arguments you make would seem to be a good thing.

    Well I'll rant once again...I know you're a season ticket holder like me.

    My seats went up $100. I'm not thrilled about that- to Haslam's credit, he didn't raise ticket prices hardly at all after he took over, yet I believe this is the 3rd straight year of increases...why?

    I've been arguing with the Browns/my ticket agent about when the money is due. It's due March 24th....in general I've been ok with that, but not anymore.

    We send our $$ in before FA & the Draft. It's like buying a used car unseen...just is a stupid policy IMHO. 

    So are we/did we help fund his Milwaukee Bucks purchase??

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I agree about money due before FA and the draft.  I guess i would renew none the less.

    I am not sure if mine went up.  I will have to look at my credit card statement to figure that out.

    I do know my invoice is for $4500 minus some credit.

    So, I do agree, today isn't the best day to talk about owners an such...lol

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I’ll just drop this here as a reminder. . .

    E3D0C1A0-ADE9-4FA5-B592-BFAAB995D303.jpeg

  • I’ll just drop this here as a reminder. . .

    E3D0C1A0-ADE9-4FA5-B592-BFAAB995D303.jpeg

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @canton-dawg said:

    I’ll just drop this here as a reminder. . .

    E3D0C1A0-ADE9-4FA5-B592-BFAAB995D303.jpeg

    Is it any wonder why the Browns consistently suck?... I say not anymore... The Haslams are total DIP SHITS!

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Why?

    Because it is a soccer team, or is there some story behind Pete Edwards?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #24

    This should be gold. 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Isn't the Crew the home team for the Cleveland area fans?  The Bucks, on the other hand, would be a rival of the Cavs.   

  • Isn't the Crew the home team for the Cleveland area fans?  The Bucks, on the other hand, would be a rival of the Cavs.   

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @orion said:

    Isn't the Crew the home team for the Cleveland area fans?  The Bucks, on the other hand, would be a rival of the Cavs.   

    Sure is....been that way for a good while.

    I don't see a problem or any reason why an owner of a team should limit their opportunities in another sport.  I don't see a conflict of interest.

  • @orion said:

    Isn't the Crew the home team for the Cleveland area fans?  The Bucks, on the other hand, would be a rival of the Cavs.   

    Sure is....been that way for a good while.

    I don't see a problem or any reason why an owner of a team should limit their opportunities in another sport.  I don't see a conflict of interest.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't see a problem or any reason why an owner of a team should limit their opportunities in another sport.  I don't see a conflict of interest.

    .......I'm just sayin'.....he's buying into a rival of the home team fans.   If he gets full ownership the Bucks will be wearing polka dot uniforms.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I don't see a problem or any reason why an owner of a team should limit their opportunities in another sport.  I don't see a conflict of interest.

    .......I'm just sayin'.....he's buying into a rival of the home team fans.   If he gets full ownership the Bucks will be wearing polka dot uniforms.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @orion said:

    .......I'm just sayin'.....he's buying into a rival of the home team fans.   If he gets full ownership the Bucks will be wearing polka dot uniforms.

    or in let's say 5 years he sells his share's  and uses said money on a new stadium