Skip to content

Browns' Perrion Winfrey arrested on misdemeanor assault complaint

The Browns Board
53 11 1.7k 1
  • @orion said:

    As a draft pick....I think he can talk himself out of dire straits.  

    As a draft pick he might not have to say anything.

    I am  not giving up on him, at least not just yet.  Lets see what actually happened.  My problem is there just seems to be some sort of negative aura that follows this kid around.  Hopefully this is a wake up call, but I think I have said that before about the guy.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ballpeen said:

    As a draft pick he might not have to say anything.

    I am  not giving up on him, at least not just yet.  Lets see what actually happened.  My problem is there just seems to be some sort of negative aura that follows this kid around.  Hopefully this is a wake up call, but I think I have said that before about the guy.

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

  • @ballpeen said:

    As a draft pick he might not have to say anything.

    I am  not giving up on him, at least not just yet.  Lets see what actually happened.  My problem is there just seems to be some sort of negative aura that follows this kid around.  Hopefully this is a wake up call, but I think I have said that before about the guy.

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @nickers said:

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    I dunno. Seems like maybe it's really one and the same. I'd do a drug test on him myself.

  • @nickers said:

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    I dunno. Seems like maybe it's really one and the same. I'd do a drug test on him myself.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @texasag1969 said:

    I dunno. Seems like maybe it's really one and the same. I'd do a drug test on him myself.

    Yeah, I'd hate to see how far he'd launch if someone lit up a cigar next to the guy.  Lookin at the rage with his lady, those James Harrison steroid cocktails aren't something to mess around with.

  • @ballpeen said:

    As a draft pick he might not have to say anything.

    I am  not giving up on him, at least not just yet.  Lets see what actually happened.  My problem is there just seems to be some sort of negative aura that follows this kid around.  Hopefully this is a wake up call, but I think I have said that before about the guy.

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @nickers said:

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

  • @nickers said:

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @flugel said:

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    We're right on the same mindset... None of these guys are sure fire except Garrett... So no matter where you look on defense... There's a position to be won... Now to be fair... A new system,scheme and location could be the thing these kids need.. Time will tell.. But you know the odds of falling by the wayside are great with this bunch...

  • @flugel said:

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    We're right on the same mindset... None of these guys are sure fire except Garrett... So no matter where you look on defense... There's a position to be won... Now to be fair... A new system,scheme and location could be the thing these kids need.. Time will tell.. But you know the odds of falling by the wayside are great with this bunch...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @nickers said:

    We're right on the same mindset... None of these guys are sure fire except Garrett... So no matter where you look on defense... There's a position to be won... Now to be fair... A new system,scheme and location could be the thing these kids need.. Time will tell.. But you know the odds of falling by the wayside are great with this bunch...

    True.  A new scheme and system can help. However, even when the gridiron chess mind of Bill Belichick (and his attention to detail and soundness of fundamentals) arrived in Cleveland - the Browns only won 6 games in his 1st year.  1 year later they only won 7 games.  

    It's like challenging someone to a game of chess but only your opponent gets to use all of the attack pieces while you have to forfeit your bishops, queen and rooks.  Even if your opponent isn't more intelligent than you at this game - the field of play slants very heavily in their favor.  I'll give you another example.  Bill Callahan is arguably one of the best OL coaches in the business - has that changed our situation at Left Tackle though?  It really hasn't.  That's the scariest part of our offensive line at one of the most crucial positions protecting the blind side of our 230 million $ investment at QB.  

    YES, coaching and coordinators are very important.  However, counting on them to be miracle workers can really set one up for disappointment.  

    Right now, we only have 1 legit starter at DT that is coming to us from Minnesota.  All other personnel at this position is questionable at best.  It's so pathetic we have people trying to see silver linings in Winfrey's behavioral patterns.  Even worse, we don't start drafting until round 3 when a lot of immediate help at this position has already been drafted.

  • @nickers said:

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @flugel said:

    ? Mazi Star 

    This joke was not lost on me. 

  • @flugel said:

    ? Mazi Star 

    This joke was not lost on me. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tiamat63 said:

    This joke was not lost on me. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    This joke was not lost on me. 

    Except for the 6 minutes between post - post.?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    This joke was not lost on me. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    This joke was not lost on me. 

    Except for the 6 minutes between post - post.?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @texasag1969 said:

    Except for the 6 minutes between post - post.?

    Meh, spotty reception.  Verizon likes to think they're the tops... But the golf course would argue otherwise. 

  • @nickers said:

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @flugel said:

    ?

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    But, but, but..................we just interviewed Gervon Dexter yesterday. For some reason that does not look like a trade up for DT according to tia.?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Except for the 6 minutes between post - post.?

    Meh, spotty reception.  Verizon likes to think they're the tops... But the golf course would argue otherwise. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tiamat63 said:

    Meh, spotty reception.  Verizon likes to think they're the tops... But the golf course would argue otherwise. 

    lol.  It's usually better to be short than long.  🙂

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Meh, spotty reception.  Verizon likes to think they're the tops... But the golf course would argue otherwise. 

    lol.  It's usually better to be short than long.  🙂

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @orion said:

    lol.  It's usually better to be short than long.  🙂

    First time out this year. I was long, short, past, around, above, below...   Any direction capable of putting a ball in our physical universe that wasn't the hole I'm positive I found.  

  • @orion said:

    lol.  It's usually better to be short than long.  🙂

    First time out this year. I was long, short, past, around, above, below...   Any direction capable of putting a ball in our physical universe that wasn't the hole I'm positive I found.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tiamat63 said:

    First time out this year. I was long, short, past, around, above, below...

    1st round is tomorrow 7:45 shotgun.  Just took my first swings in my front yard.  Really bad right rotator cuff.  No more high finish poses.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #30

    It’s time to pull the plug on Perrion Winfrey

    CORY KINNAN
    Sat, Apr 15, 2023, 12:45 PM EDT
     
     
    ( I personally don't think that they'll cut him )
  • @nickers said:

    He's had plenty of time to wake up... He's going by way of Johnny Fucktard.. Just a different path...

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @flugel said:

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    I might disagree with some of your take, but I do agree, and think, we will trade up.  We have had conversations about how the Browns don't need to draft 8 players.  That leaves trade back for a pick next year, trade up, or both.  I am not sure we will move up in to the 2nd round.  I am not going to pull out trade charts to see what the various costs might be, but if a few players we really like are there at the top of the 3rd, I see a move.  We might even be able to move up, send off a 4th rounder and pick up a extra pick next year all in one deal.

    I'd add Gervin Dexter to the list of defenders you mentioned as players who might be on the target list.  We seem to have shown a lot of interest in him.

  • @flugel said:

    ? Back with Johnny Fratboy, I used to tell everyone "Relax Jim Kelly was a party animal coming out of college just like former Atlanta Falcon Brett Favre. And Kelly is still Irish."  The difference?  Favre and Kelly liked football enough to commit to it for a career.  Fratboy liked his rear view mirror and the temporary fame from it.

    About our current Romper Room dilemma of "will poor little Perrion get a chance to grow up?" He's not Albert Haynesworth or he would have been a 1st round pick by a team that actually studied and scouted DTs last year.  Anyone that has a pulse knows our FO was way too smart to prioritize the DT position.  Consequently, they drafted a guy that most other teams doing their research stayed away from.  Now here comes the "Oh yeah? He was a only 4th round draft pick so what did we have to lose?"  My answer?  For a team that wasn't entering the draft until round 3 for a position group that is supposed to protect the LBers from offensive linemen AND stop the run - how'd we do?   4 LBers on IR and our staring DTs were Raggedy Ann and Andy.  It was so bad we had to use a guy that failed in Jax as a DE (Taven Bryan) in our DT rotation at times.  

    So here we are celebrating FA signings like Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill as what a terrific job this FO is doing. I did it too before I really looked into what was actually done to better the IDL personnel. YES, Tomlinson was a very good acquisition as a run stopper.  That said, Minnesota was very weak on defense and I think the Giants just rushed for another TD on them as we speak.  I bring that up because Tomlinson is going to need something more reliable than wet band aids like Trysten Hill and Maurice Hurst going tag team with him inside/upfront.   Let's be honest, we're really only wishful thinking Hill and Hurst to be something they've been incapable of thus far in the NFL.

    Do we really want to be listening to another year of "Browns fans just need to be patient?"  What has this FO done to accomplish such unchallenged tenure?  They're the only ones not getting fired for how this roster has been built.  All these 1 year contracts aren't a foundation for the future - the Browns HAVE TO FREAKIN DRAFT BETTER or they stay in the basement and only coaches will get fired for the incompetence of the FO.  A FO that hasn't draft well and traded away the 1st 2 rounds for 2 consecutive years has now cornered itself into no margin of error in the draft this time around.

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    I might disagree with some of your take, but I do agree, and think, we will trade up.  We have had conversations about how the Browns don't need to draft 8 players.  That leaves trade back for a pick next year, trade up, or both.  I am not sure we will move up in to the 2nd round.  I am not going to pull out trade charts to see what the various costs might be, but if a few players we really like are there at the top of the 3rd, I see a move.  We might even be able to move up, send off a 4th rounder and pick up a extra pick next year all in one deal.

    I'd add Gervin Dexter to the list of defenders you mentioned as players who might be on the target list.  We seem to have shown a lot of interest in him.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @ballpeen said:

    I might disagree with some of your take, but I do agree, and think, we will trade up.  We have had conversations about how the Browns don't need to draft 8 players.  That leaves trade back for a pick next year, trade up, or both.  I am not sure we will move up in to the 2nd round.  I am not going to pull out trade charts to see what the various costs might be, but if a few players we really like are there at the top of the 3rd, I see a move.  We might even be able to move up, send off a 4th rounder and pick up a extra pick next year all in one deal.

    I'd add Gervin Dexter to the list of defenders you mentioned as players who might be on the target list.  We seem to have shown a lot of interest in him.

    Yeah, I'm hearing Dexter is one of the guys they might be interested in.  I'm a little surprised Lindy's rates him 7th and Wisconsin's Keeanu Benton 8th with both guys getting a 7.1 grade.  I'll feel a lot better if I see the FO knows the DT position/cupboard is still a little empty in their approach to this draft.  A guy that could be in our draft slot if we don't trade up is Alabama's Byron Young (who started 5 games as a true freshman in a program that's hard to accomplish).  He closed out his 4 year career as a 2nd Team All American and I think he's flying under the radar.  Having said that, Ozzie Newsome went to Bama (and he's still helping the Ravens a lot this offseason) so that could be 1 guy that would ruin our shot at this kid if we don't trade up.    

  • It’s time to pull the plug on Perrion Winfrey

    CORY KINNAN
    Sat, Apr 15, 2023, 12:45 PM EDT
     
     
    ( I personally don't think that they'll cut him )
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @orion said:

    It’s time to pull the plug on Perrion Winfrey

    CORY KINNAN
    Sat, Apr 15, 2023, 12:45 PM EDT
     
     
    ( I personally don't think that they'll cut him )

    Usually they put another batter in the batter's box after strike 3.  This article mentions Winfrey just hit strike 4 with only 1 year under his belt.  Do the Browns really need this kind of guy in the locker room?  If his head isn't clear - it's not like he's going to be easy to coach for whatever that's worth.

  • @orion said:

    It’s time to pull the plug on Perrion Winfrey

    CORY KINNAN
    Sat, Apr 15, 2023, 12:45 PM EDT
     
     
    ( I personally don't think that they'll cut him )

    Usually they put another batter in the batter's box after strike 3.  This article mentions Winfrey just hit strike 4 with only 1 year under his belt.  Do the Browns really need this kind of guy in the locker room?  If his head isn't clear - it's not like he's going to be easy to coach for whatever that's worth.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @flugel said:

    Usually they put another batter in the batter's box after strike 3.  This article mentions Winfrey just hit strike 4 with only 1 year under his belt.  Do the Browns really need this kind of guy in the locker room?  If his head isn't clear - it's not like he's going to be easy to coach for whatever that's worth.

    I got the impression he fell in the Draft because of character concerns. Now, I'm not saying I would draft only choirboys if I was a GM, but if I did select a guy with character concerns, immediately after drafting him I would sit him down and tell him: "Here's the deal. You were a FILL IN ROUND talent who fell to the FILL IN round because of character concerns. We believe you can be an asset to the FILL IN THE BLANK football team if you grow up and act like a professional. This is not a suggestion, and this is the last time we are having this conversation. Your professional future is on you. If you put in the work, and stay out of trouble, we will do everything to help you be the best NFL player you can be. If you continue to be a problem, you will no longer be here. Deal?"

    Myles Garrett was calling this out like the second week of the season. 

  • @flugel said:

    ?

    How are the the Browns going to compete at the IDL?     As much as I can't stand trading away any more future picks - they gotta move up and draft either Mazi Star Smith or Keeanu Benton to change the way this defense does business on game day.  That, or stick with Legally Blind fantasy football keeping Cleveland in the last place comfort zone...  

    But, but, but..................we just interviewed Gervon Dexter yesterday. For some reason that does not look like a trade up for DT according to tia.?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @texasag1969 said:

    But, but, but..................we just interviewed Gervon Dexter yesterday. For some reason that does not look like a trade up for DT according to tia.?

     Considering I called Dex a day 2 pick...  Browns likely wouldn't have to trade up for him.  

     But he does fit the height, wingspan mold that Schwartz seems to have built over the course of his drafting career.  

     Not a huge fan of what showed up on film. But there could be several causes for that. Not like Florida has a great coaching staff. 

  • @orion said:

    It’s time to pull the plug on Perrion Winfrey

    CORY KINNAN
    Sat, Apr 15, 2023, 12:45 PM EDT
     
     
    ( I personally don't think that they'll cut him )

    Usually they put another batter in the batter's box after strike 3.  This article mentions Winfrey just hit strike 4 with only 1 year under his belt.  Do the Browns really need this kind of guy in the locker room?  If his head isn't clear - it's not like he's going to be easy to coach for whatever that's worth.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @flugel said:

    This article mentions Winfrey just hit strike 4 with only 1 year under his belt.  Do the Browns really need this kind of guy in the locker room?  If his head isn't clear - it's not like he's going to be easy to coach for whatever that's worth

    Even though I haven't liked him since he got here and...and...what was it, he was holding out signing his contract like he was a 1st rounder?  (something like that I think).  He looks good gettin' off the bus so I'd like to see if perhaps Schwartz can make something out of him.