Skip to content

It's Getting Close!

The Browns Board
38 14 1.8k 1
  • Too bad we won't have an easy path like New England always did being in a division where everyone else for years sucked big time.

    This division is gonna be tough to deal with. Everyone will be good. The AFCN is the new black and blue division, as if it wasn't already.

    @fy56 said:

    Too bad we won't have an easy path like New England always did being in a division where everyone else for years sucked big time.

    This division is gonna be tough to deal with. Everyone will be good. The AFCN is the new black and blue division, as if it wasn't already.

    I agree. Could be that 10 wins is enough to take the North.

    The Ratbirds are being hyped up, Cincy has obviously done well in the playoffs lately. Pittsburgh will never "go away."

    The Browns need to get at least 7 home wins, grab at least a 4-2 record in the division. Weird thing is Stefanski's record vs the AFC North is pretty good, but the struggles vs everybody else has killed playoff chances. 

    I'm cautiously optimistic. 

  • @nickers said:

    Alright! With all the usual off season stuff getting to the latter end of things.... Just a few thoughts swirling in my head as I'm sure it is in others thoughts as well.. Lets get right to business...

    DeShaun Watson:

    Is he focused.. Is he ready to grow up and leave the petty stuff behind?... Can he shake 2 years of rust off?.. I think I'm more than fair and saying it should take no more than 6-8 games to get his shit together. And I also understand timing plays into this. With all of the cooks in the kitchen.. I just hope this offense doesn't get fixed on the rinse/repeat cycle. Or get lost in translation..  The way he spins the ball its McNair like with more zip.. Except McNair was bigger and what they called "Country Strong"...  I really liked McNair.. I always thought Jeff Fisher got in his way... For me the past is the past.. Yeah.. He's a fruit cake or something... It's come time for him to be great

    Jim Schwartz:

    While his defense wasn't always my favorite.. It always seemed honest for the most part.. Its a more traditional/modern mix type.. It may be best described as a more aggressive team type of defense with blitzes mixed in sparingly on key downs... But its more traditional in the sense we'll see a 4 man line.. 3 linebackers with some 3-4 mixed in. I expect this defense to improve over all.. I like Schwartz's energy and the discipline he brings. For me.. This was a solid score for the Browns acquisition wise for the coaching dept. I expect big things from the browns D in 23..

    Bubba Ventrone:

    I'll just say this.. This guy might be Bill Cowher Part Deaux.. Maybe that's a bit unfair... But players seem to love this guy... And he was a fan favorite during his tenure here... It'll be interesting to see if he can reign in Cade York.. Maybe get Phil Dawson to sit in a little with him... This is an area we need to greatly improve.. And now it seems they're gonna tinker with the return game.. How do guys like Jakeem Grant and Anthony Schwartz factor in... None the less.. I'm very interested to see how this unit shapes up...

    Stefanski,Berry et,al:

    Can Kevvy overcome himself... This is the big question.. Can he delegate PC to AVP or Bill Musgrave... Can Kevvy "Not Get Cute" when it really matters.. Can he please use Nick Chubb more in the 2nd half... I would like also to see time outs managed better... This gets frustrating AF.. Were going on what Kevvys 4th season?... Get it together man... Berry and Depo need this team to kick ass or they'll be looking for jobs at seasons end... Then... There's Jimmy!... The root of all the problems..

    In the end..

    I just want this team to quit fucking off and win one before I die whenever that is..... I'm turning the corner on geriatric living and God only knows how many turns around the sun I have left... While I don't like how this team handles things at times... I still want to win

    SO JUST WIN GOD DAMMIT!

    Browns-logo-1140x815.webp

    Nice write-up Nicks!  From what I've read Watson organized some get togethers practicing with the receivers in the offseason.  I'm guessing that's why looked pretty sharp at the mini-camp and OTAs  The additions of Bubba and Schwartz as Coordinators should be a huge help. The FO brought in a lot of veterans and draftees that can improve last year's weaknesses quite a bit this year.  We need the Jimmies and Joes to improve those X's and Uh-O's.

    It's going to be interesting to see how it all comes together.  There's been years we looked pretty good on paper heading into the season only to watch injuries lead us to another losing record. Injuries are always going to have a say in how well this team does - so depth will define us.

    @flugel said:

    Nice write-up Nicks!  From what I've read Watson organized some get togethers practicing with the receivers in the offseason.  I'm guessing that's why looked pretty sharp at the mini-camp and OTAs  The additions of Bubba and Schwartz as Coordinators should be a huge help. The FO brought in a lot of veterans and draftees that can improve last year's weaknesses quite a bit this year.  We need the Jimmies and Joes to improve those X's and Uh-O's.

    It's going to be interesting to see how it all comes together.  There's been years we looked pretty good on paper heading into the season only to watch injuries lead us to another losing record. Injuries are always going to have a say in how well this team does - so depth will define us.

    Depth is always the scary part for this franchise... But yeah.. I should've mentioned about Dalvin Tomlinson and some of the other acquisitions,etc. They of course will have an impact on the path this team takes.. While Watson's behavioral patterns are/were questionable... It was daft on my part to forget about the excursions of a one "Jimmy Brown" It's easy to lose sight on someone when things don't always look the part.. Every franchise expects certain qualities from its leaders whether they be captains, Skill players or QB's... etc... I don't want to slam on JB... His past was well documented...

    I expect a lot from team leaders.. Even while guys like Kosar and Sipe were far from perfect.. They gave you a sense of hope.. Even Bill Nelson bum knees and all gave everything he had on the field with a rag tag bunch of nobody's if you don't count Paul Warfield and Leroy Kelly. Of course Nelsons healthy years were wasted in Pittsburgh.. By the time we acquired him.. His poor knees were about spent.. I can only imagine his contributions would've been different if he had played in NY instead of PA/OH While Broadway Joe was great... He benefited from great coaching by Weeb Eubank and a rock solid team built around him.. I can only imagine Nelsons career had he had those same amenities...

  • Scarier than the lack of depth imo is losing games we should have won...yeah I know, shoulda, coulda, woulda, but damn. Among the rest of the NFL we've clearly been unique in the way we lose games. Shall we start with the Dwayne Rudd helmet toss? LOL ( just a joke, It hasn't been quite that unique)

    That must end. Now.

  • We had a number of things go the wrong way for us last year and we managed a 7-10 record. I can make an argument we are better off compared to last year at EVERY position save maybe Offensive Line where we have some veterans that are a year older but you could argue our depth is better.

    We’ve seemingly upgraded Special Teams and the Defensive Coordinator spot.

    The hope is Kevin is a year wiser and the the key contributors are healthy throughout most of the year. 

  • Alright! With all the usual off season stuff getting to the latter end of things.... Just a few thoughts swirling in my head as I'm sure it is in others thoughts as well.. Lets get right to business...

    DeShaun Watson:

    Is he focused.. Is he ready to grow up and leave the petty stuff behind?... Can he shake 2 years of rust off?.. I think I'm more than fair and saying it should take no more than 6-8 games to get his shit together. And I also understand timing plays into this. With all of the cooks in the kitchen.. I just hope this offense doesn't get fixed on the rinse/repeat cycle. Or get lost in translation..  The way he spins the ball its McNair like with more zip.. Except McNair was bigger and what they called "Country Strong"...  I really liked McNair.. I always thought Jeff Fisher got in his way... For me the past is the past.. Yeah.. He's a fruit cake or something... It's come time for him to be great

    Jim Schwartz:

    While his defense wasn't always my favorite.. It always seemed honest for the most part.. Its a more traditional/modern mix type.. It may be best described as a more aggressive team type of defense with blitzes mixed in sparingly on key downs... But its more traditional in the sense we'll see a 4 man line.. 3 linebackers with some 3-4 mixed in. I expect this defense to improve over all.. I like Schwartz's energy and the discipline he brings. For me.. This was a solid score for the Browns acquisition wise for the coaching dept. I expect big things from the browns D in 23..

    Bubba Ventrone:

    I'll just say this.. This guy might be Bill Cowher Part Deaux.. Maybe that's a bit unfair... But players seem to love this guy... And he was a fan favorite during his tenure here... It'll be interesting to see if he can reign in Cade York.. Maybe get Phil Dawson to sit in a little with him... This is an area we need to greatly improve.. And now it seems they're gonna tinker with the return game.. How do guys like Jakeem Grant and Anthony Schwartz factor in... None the less.. I'm very interested to see how this unit shapes up...

    Stefanski,Berry et,al:

    Can Kevvy overcome himself... This is the big question.. Can he delegate PC to AVP or Bill Musgrave... Can Kevvy "Not Get Cute" when it really matters.. Can he please use Nick Chubb more in the 2nd half... I would like also to see time outs managed better... This gets frustrating AF.. Were going on what Kevvys 4th season?... Get it together man... Berry and Depo need this team to kick ass or they'll be looking for jobs at seasons end... Then... There's Jimmy!... The root of all the problems..

    In the end..

    I just want this team to quit fucking off and win one before I die whenever that is..... I'm turning the corner on geriatric living and God only knows how many turns around the sun I have left... While I don't like how this team handles things at times... I still want to win

    SO JUST WIN GOD DAMMIT!

    Browns-logo-1140x815.webp

    @nickers said:

    Berry and Depo need this team to kick ass or they'll be looking for jobs at seasons end

    I dunno.  Jimmah seems to have a man-crush on Depo.  And I'm not convinced that Stef isn't making some of them 4th down calls because that's what DePo wants done.  You know, what they used to call 'The New Math'.  

  • @nickers said:

    Berry and Depo need this team to kick ass or they'll be looking for jobs at seasons end

    I dunno.  Jimmah seems to have a man-crush on Depo.  And I'm not convinced that Stef isn't making some of them 4th down calls because that's what DePo wants done.  You know, what they used to call 'The New Math'.  

    @orion said:

    I dunno.  Jimmah seems to have a man-crush on Depo.  And I'm not convinced that Stef isn't making some of them 4th down calls because that's what DePo wants done.  You know, what they used to call 'The New Math'.  

    Yeah it still kind of pisses me off that the HC needs approval on the weekly gameplan from the fucking bean counter... Stupid...

  • @orion said:

    I dunno.  Jimmah seems to have a man-crush on Depo.  And I'm not convinced that Stef isn't making some of them 4th down calls because that's what DePo wants done.  You know, what they used to call 'The New Math'.  

    Yeah it still kind of pisses me off that the HC needs approval on the weekly gameplan from the fucking bean counter... Stupid...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah it still kind of pisses me off that the HC needs approval on the weekly gameplan from the fucking bean counter... Stupid...

    I don't see Stefanski as a leader. So he surely does defer to depodesta. dammit.

  • @nickers said:

    Berry and Depo need this team to kick ass or they'll be looking for jobs at seasons end

    I dunno.  Jimmah seems to have a man-crush on Depo.  And I'm not convinced that Stef isn't making some of them 4th down calls because that's what DePo wants done.  You know, what they used to call 'The New Math'.  

    @orion said:

    I dunno.  Jimmah seems to have a man-crush on Depo.  And I'm not convinced that Stef isn't making some of them 4th down calls because that's what DePo wants done.  You know, what they used to call 'The New Math'.  

    Well soon we will learn if any of them learned a damn thing from those mistakes or if the Browns are doomed to kick Lucy's football one more time this season. Personally I think the revised D plays well enough, barring key injuries, to get those closer games.

  • We had a number of things go the wrong way for us last year and we managed a 7-10 record. I can make an argument we are better off compared to last year at EVERY position save maybe Offensive Line where we have some veterans that are a year older but you could argue our depth is better.

    We’ve seemingly upgraded Special Teams and the Defensive Coordinator spot.

    The hope is Kevin is a year wiser and the the key contributors are healthy throughout most of the year. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We’ve seemingly upgraded Special Teams and the Defensive Coordinator spot.

    IMO..

    The top two position coaching hires of 2023, at the position they coach.. and still gets, little main media coverage

    Joe Woods fired 1-9-23.. Jim Schwartz hired 1-17-23 

    Mike Priefer fired 2-21-23.. Bubba Vetrone hired 2-23-23

    Both got wrapped up early in the 2023 coaches hiring process.. and Finally, the browns didn't out wait themselves 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    We’ve seemingly upgraded Special Teams and the Defensive Coordinator spot.

    IMO..

    The top two position coaching hires of 2023, at the position they coach.. and still gets, little main media coverage

    Joe Woods fired 1-9-23.. Jim Schwartz hired 1-17-23 

    Mike Priefer fired 2-21-23.. Bubba Vetrone hired 2-23-23

    Both got wrapped up early in the 2023 coaches hiring process.. and Finally, the browns didn't out wait themselves 

    @gumby73 said:

    IMO..

    The top two position coaching hires of 2023, at the position they coach.. and still gets, little main media coverage

    Joe Woods fired 1-9-23.. Jim Schwartz hired 1-17-23 

    Mike Priefer fired 2-21-23.. Bubba Vetrone hired 2-23-23

    Both got wrapped up early in the 2023 coaches hiring process.. and Finally, the browns didn't out wait themselves 

    I don't think Mike Preifer was that bad but ,  he wasn't great for sure.. It's hard to overcome rookies and other parts that aren't functioning.. Nice guy.. I hope he finds success..  Woods on the other hand was a total bufoon and wanted to be friends with everybody... That's admirable.. Want a friend?.. Get a dog... Wait.. Never mind.. He had a whole roster full.. Woods can continue his failed lab experiments in the big easy.. Lets see how long that lasts... Bet he doesn't make 2 season there.. He's Ray Horton Jr.. suckage!

  • @gumby73 said:

    IMO..

    The top two position coaching hires of 2023, at the position they coach.. and still gets, little main media coverage

    Joe Woods fired 1-9-23.. Jim Schwartz hired 1-17-23 

    Mike Priefer fired 2-21-23.. Bubba Vetrone hired 2-23-23

    Both got wrapped up early in the 2023 coaches hiring process.. and Finally, the browns didn't out wait themselves 

    I don't think Mike Preifer was that bad but ,  he wasn't great for sure.. It's hard to overcome rookies and other parts that aren't functioning.. Nice guy.. I hope he finds success..  Woods on the other hand was a total bufoon and wanted to be friends with everybody... That's admirable.. Want a friend?.. Get a dog... Wait.. Never mind.. He had a whole roster full.. Woods can continue his failed lab experiments in the big easy.. Lets see how long that lasts... Bet he doesn't make 2 season there.. He's Ray Horton Jr.. suckage!

    @nickers said:

    Bet he doesn't make 2 season there.. He's Ray Horton Jr.. suckage!

    Oh, please. He was in a very competitive race for worst Browns coach ever with a certain unnamed 1-31 in two seasons (pass from the 1 yd line) idiot. Tough competition for sure.🙄

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    We’ve seemingly upgraded Special Teams and the Defensive Coordinator spot.

    IMO..

    The top two position coaching hires of 2023, at the position they coach.. and still gets, little main media coverage

    Joe Woods fired 1-9-23.. Jim Schwartz hired 1-17-23 

    Mike Priefer fired 2-21-23.. Bubba Vetrone hired 2-23-23

    Both got wrapped up early in the 2023 coaches hiring process.. and Finally, the browns didn't out wait themselves 

    @gumby73 said:

    IMO..

    The top two position coaching hires of 2023, at the position they coach.. and still gets, little main media coverage

    Joe Woods fired 1-9-23.. Jim Schwartz hired 1-17-23 

    Mike Priefer fired 2-21-23.. Bubba Vetrone hired 2-23-23

    Both got wrapped up early in the 2023 coaches hiring process.. and Finally, the browns didn't out wait themselves 

    'Both of those hires - are outstanding. The Browns nailed both of them. Stefanski - not a fan at all.

    Blanton Collier all those years back - was an OUTSTANDING teacher and leader. Stef is neither, so I don't see him being there long term.

       Bubba - he can see things on film, but he also is a teacher with fine points of communicating. That is special. They love the guy for good reason:

    Now I'm just a guy who has always watched football, but I saw the difference in how Blanton Collier teachers, and a lot of head coaches over the years. Collier, on old b/w film, I remember him showing kids how the technical points of how to properly throw a football.  The results of HOW he approached was terrific - and they learned.

    That is Bubba, imho. And Schwartz ? The difference is going to be amazing. The players will benefit from a very smart teacher who GETS IT. A few good articles, since I never got to play and don't know the x's and o's -

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2023/01/jim-schwartzs-scheme-magnifies-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-current-browns-roster-film-review.html

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2023/01/jim-schwartzs-scheme-magnifies-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-current-browns-roster-film-review.html

  • Too bad we won't have an easy path like New England always did being in a division where everyone else for years sucked big time.

    This division is gonna be tough to deal with. Everyone will be good. The AFCN is the new black and blue division, as if it wasn't already.

    @fy56 said:

    Too bad we won't have an easy path like New England always did being in a division where everyone else for years sucked big time.

    This division is gonna be tough to deal with. Everyone will be good. The AFCN is the new black and blue division, as if it wasn't already.

    To expand further, the AFC in general is just loaded. Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Rodgers, Jackson in their own right could be the best QB in the NFL (although that belongs to Mahomes). Assuming Watson is who they hope to be, literally half the AFC have elite talent at the QB position. That's not even including Pittsburgh who is always competitive and Miami who could be poised to be an absolute problem on offense if Tua stays healthy. Should be a fun season to watch the sport, that's for sure.

  • @fy56 said:

    Too bad we won't have an easy path like New England always did being in a division where everyone else for years sucked big time.

    This division is gonna be tough to deal with. Everyone will be good. The AFCN is the new black and blue division, as if it wasn't already.

    To expand further, the AFC in general is just loaded. Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Rodgers, Jackson in their own right could be the best QB in the NFL (although that belongs to Mahomes). Assuming Watson is who they hope to be, literally half the AFC have elite talent at the QB position. That's not even including Pittsburgh who is always competitive and Miami who could be poised to be an absolute problem on offense if Tua stays healthy. Should be a fun season to watch the sport, that's for sure.

    @jrb12711 said:

    To expand further, the AFC in general is just loaded. Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Rodgers, Jackson in their own right could be the best QB in the NFL (although that belongs to Mahomes). Assuming Watson is who they hope to be, literally half the AFC have elite talent at the QB position. That's not even including Pittsburgh who is always competitive and Miami who could be poised to be an absolute problem on offense if Tua stays healthy. Should be a fun season to watch the sport, that's for sure.

    No doubt the AFC is loaded, another factor the Pats didn't have to deal with.

    Going back to the AFCN... the Stealers have been getting a lot of hype. Too much...until some good news came out that eased my concerns.

    Not according to the oddsmakers!

    Steelers Favored for Last Place Finish

    The Pittsburgh Steelers are the betting favorite to finish last in the AFC North.

    Pittsburgh Steelers Favored for Last Place Finish - Sports Illustrated Pittsburgh Steelers News, Analysis and More

  • @jrb12711 said:

    To expand further, the AFC in general is just loaded. Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Rodgers, Jackson in their own right could be the best QB in the NFL (although that belongs to Mahomes). Assuming Watson is who they hope to be, literally half the AFC have elite talent at the QB position. That's not even including Pittsburgh who is always competitive and Miami who could be poised to be an absolute problem on offense if Tua stays healthy. Should be a fun season to watch the sport, that's for sure.

    No doubt the AFC is loaded, another factor the Pats didn't have to deal with.

    Going back to the AFCN... the Stealers have been getting a lot of hype. Too much...until some good news came out that eased my concerns.

    Not according to the oddsmakers!

    Steelers Favored for Last Place Finish

    The Pittsburgh Steelers are the betting favorite to finish last in the AFC North.

    Pittsburgh Steelers Favored for Last Place Finish - Sports Illustrated Pittsburgh Steelers News, Analysis and More

    @fy56 said:

    Going back to the AFCN... the Stealers have been getting a lot of hype. Too much...until some good news came out that eased my concerns.

    Not according to the oddsmakers!

    Steelers Favored for Last Place Finish

    The Pittsburgh Steelers are the betting favorite to finish last in the AFC North.

    Pittsburgh Steelers Favored for Last Place Finish - Sports Illustrated Pittsburgh Steelers News, Analysis and More

    I sure hope so, and hope they stay there for dozens of years (along with the Rats).

  • @nickers said:

    Bet he doesn't make 2 season there.. He's Ray Horton Jr.. suckage!

    Oh, please. He was in a very competitive race for worst Browns coach ever with a certain unnamed 1-31 in two seasons (pass from the 1 yd line) idiot. Tough competition for sure.🙄

    @texasag1969 said:

    (pass from the 1 yd line) idiot.

    He should've been fired the next morning!  He proved that he just plain did not comprehend just how important a win over the Steelers is to the people in the stands...and to Browns fans all over the world.  They are our arch rivals that have pushed our faces in the mud for decades.  You don't call a backwards pass on 1st and goal from the one yard line in OT against the Steelers and expect to be employed for even one more day.  But Noooo.  He's the one coach that Trigguh Finguh Jimmuh didn't fire.  The dumbest one of 'em all.  The Quarterback Fucker-Upper.

    I've been working on the attribute of forgiveness of late...I think I'm making real progress.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    (pass from the 1 yd line) idiot.

    He should've been fired the next morning!  He proved that he just plain did not comprehend just how important a win over the Steelers is to the people in the stands...and to Browns fans all over the world.  They are our arch rivals that have pushed our faces in the mud for decades.  You don't call a backwards pass on 1st and goal from the one yard line in OT against the Steelers and expect to be employed for even one more day.  But Noooo.  He's the one coach that Trigguh Finguh Jimmuh didn't fire.  The dumbest one of 'em all.  The Quarterback Fucker-Upper.

    I've been working on the attribute of forgiveness of late...I think I'm making real progress.  

    @orion said:

    I've been working on the attribute of forgiveness of late...I think I'm making real progress.  

    That you Charlie Brown? You know you will get one more chance to kick that game winning 50 yd FG against 'em this year, right?

    Yours truly,             Lucy?

  • @orion said:

    I've been working on the attribute of forgiveness of late...I think I'm making real progress.  

    That you Charlie Brown? You know you will get one more chance to kick that game winning 50 yd FG against 'em this year, right?

    Yours truly,             Lucy?

    @texasag1969 said:

    That you Charlie Brown? You know you will get one more chance to kick that game winning 50 yd FG against 'em this year, right?

    Yours truly,             Lucy?

    Do not mention chances at a game-winning 50 yard FG on this board.

    Sincerely,

    The Ohio State fans among us

  • @texasag1969 said:

    (pass from the 1 yd line) idiot.

    He should've been fired the next morning!  He proved that he just plain did not comprehend just how important a win over the Steelers is to the people in the stands...and to Browns fans all over the world.  They are our arch rivals that have pushed our faces in the mud for decades.  You don't call a backwards pass on 1st and goal from the one yard line in OT against the Steelers and expect to be employed for even one more day.  But Noooo.  He's the one coach that Trigguh Finguh Jimmuh didn't fire.  The dumbest one of 'em all.  The Quarterback Fucker-Upper.

    I've been working on the attribute of forgiveness of late...I think I'm making real progress.  

    @orion said:

    He should've been fired the next morning!  He proved that he just plain did not comprehend just how important a win over the Steelers is to the people in the stands...and to Browns fans all over the world.  They are our arch rivals that have pushed our faces in the mud for decades.  You don't call a backwards pass on 1st and goal from the one yard line in OT against the Steelers and expect to be employed for even one more day.  But Noooo.  He's the one coach that Trigguh Finguh Jimmuh didn't fire.  The dumbest one of 'em all.  The Quarterback Fucker-Upper.

    I've been working on the attribute of forgiveness of late...I think I'm making real progress.  

    Indeed!  I'm guessing Barbara Streisand didn't have any of this in mind when she sang "The Way We Were."   To this day, I've never made any sense out of Bob Slowik's gigantic coverage cushions in forfeiting any right/privilege for our corners to compete in 1999.  It was like the guy thought we were playing against Heath Schuler every week.

    Just when I thought I've seen everything that could possibly go wrong - I watched a blade of grass tackle FB Owen Marecic all by itself.  

    Then there was the game at Indianapolis when Peppermint Patty Shurnur was our HC and OC.  It's late in the 4th quarter against the 31st ranked Defense vrs the run at Indy's 38 yard line with the Browns down by a little more than 7 points with a 4th and 1 situation.  Shurmur decided to punt and the ball went right into the end zone as everyone but Shurmur knew it would.  My dad, from his hospice bed at home, said "WHAT A PUSSY!" That was the last time we watched the Browns play together. 

    Speaking of Shurmur, Colt McCoy was hit so hard by James Harrison he needed a smelling salts wake up. The only person in the stadium that didn't hear or see the collision was the guy calling our plays on the sideline (Shurmur).  That being the case, he only let McCoy sit 1 play out before putting him right back out there.  I'm surprised the rest of our opponents weren't playing "Here Comes Santa Claus" over the loud speakers every time that offense took the field.

    All that said, this is a different team and I am looking forward to the 2023 season.  

  • @orion said:

    He should've been fired the next morning!  He proved that he just plain did not comprehend just how important a win over the Steelers is to the people in the stands...and to Browns fans all over the world.  They are our arch rivals that have pushed our faces in the mud for decades.  You don't call a backwards pass on 1st and goal from the one yard line in OT against the Steelers and expect to be employed for even one more day.  But Noooo.  He's the one coach that Trigguh Finguh Jimmuh didn't fire.  The dumbest one of 'em all.  The Quarterback Fucker-Upper.

    I've been working on the attribute of forgiveness of late...I think I'm making real progress.  

    Indeed!  I'm guessing Barbara Streisand didn't have any of this in mind when she sang "The Way We Were."   To this day, I've never made any sense out of Bob Slowik's gigantic coverage cushions in forfeiting any right/privilege for our corners to compete in 1999.  It was like the guy thought we were playing against Heath Schuler every week.

    Just when I thought I've seen everything that could possibly go wrong - I watched a blade of grass tackle FB Owen Marecic all by itself.  

    Then there was the game at Indianapolis when Peppermint Patty Shurnur was our HC and OC.  It's late in the 4th quarter against the 31st ranked Defense vrs the run at Indy's 38 yard line with the Browns down by a little more than 7 points with a 4th and 1 situation.  Shurmur decided to punt and the ball went right into the end zone as everyone but Shurmur knew it would.  My dad, from his hospice bed at home, said "WHAT A PUSSY!" That was the last time we watched the Browns play together. 

    Speaking of Shurmur, Colt McCoy was hit so hard by James Harrison he needed a smelling salts wake up. The only person in the stadium that didn't hear or see the collision was the guy calling our plays on the sideline (Shurmur).  That being the case, he only let McCoy sit 1 play out before putting him right back out there.  I'm surprised the rest of our opponents weren't playing "Here Comes Santa Claus" over the loud speakers every time that offense took the field.

    All that said, this is a different team and I am looking forward to the 2023 season.  

    @flugel said:

    Indeed!  I'm guessing Barbara Streisand didn't have any of this in mind when she sang "The Way We Were."   To this day, I've never made any sense out of Bob Slowik's gigantic coverage cushions in forfeiting any right/privilege for our corners to compete in 1999.  It was like the guy thought we were playing against Heath Schuler every week.

    Just when I thought I've seen everything that could possibly go wrong - I watched a blade of grass tackle FB Owen Marecic all by itself.  

    Then there was the game at Indianapolis when Peppermint Patty Shurnur was our HC and OC.  It's late the in 4th quarter against the 31st ranked Defense vrs the run at Indy's 38 yard line with the Browns down by a little more than 7 points with a 4th and 1 situation.  Shurmur decided to punt and the ball went right into the end zone as everyone but Shurmur knew it would.  My dad, from his hospice bed at home, said "WHAT A PUSSY!" That was the last time we watched the Browns play together. 

    Speaking of Shurmur, Colt McCoy was hit so hard by James Harrison he needed a smelling salts wake up. The only person in the stadium that didn't hear or see the collision was the guy calling our plays on the sideline (Shurmur).  That being the case, he only let McCoy sit 1 play out before putting him right back out there.  I'm surprised the rest of our opponents weren't playing "Here Comes Santa Claus" over the loud speakers every time that offense took the field.

    All that said, this is a different team and I am looking forward to the 2023 season.  

    Patty cakes Murmur... Nice man.. But has to be about the most unprepared coach next to Hulless Toe Jackson.. I had a good belly laugh when you reminded us of how Owen Marecic got tackled by a blade of grass.. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Heath Shuler and Rick Mirer both hailed as the next Joe Montana or some shit I recall?... They were closer to Todd Marijuanavich.