Manziel doc
-
I lied. I watched it.
His Dad is a misguided turd. Blaming his coaches for their lack of guidance with Johnny and his behavior. Not making an excuse but He didn’t have a shot.
And The Browns workout….what a clown show…no WRs and his lawyer and agent running routes!!! His agent got him paid.
Let me add…grandfather cleaning money for him in college…just wow
-
I lied. I watched it.
His Dad is a misguided turd. Blaming his coaches for their lack of guidance with Johnny and his behavior. Not making an excuse but He didn’t have a shot.
And The Browns workout….what a clown show…no WRs and his lawyer and agent running routes!!! His agent got him paid.
Let me add…grandfather cleaning money for him in college…just wow
I lied. I watched it.
His Dad is a misguided turd. Blaming his coaches for their lack of guidance with Johnny and his behavior. Not making an excuse but He didn’t have a shot.
And The Browns workout….what a clown show…no WRs and his lawyer and agent running routes!!! His agent got him paid.
Let me add…grandfather cleaning money for him in college…just wow
Didn't bother watching... An utter embarrassment... He can drown in a vat of shit as far as I'm concerned...
-
Well, the one thing everyone is shaking their head at now that the documentary is out is, shock, he spent zero time watching film. Apparently it got dark as well.
If nothing else, the documentary might get some publicity for the new bar he is opening in College Station.Well, the one thing everyone is shaking there head at now that the documentary is out is, shock, he spent zero time watching film. Apparently it got dark as well.
If nothing else, the documentary might get some publicity for the new bar he is opening in College Station.And NO ONE saw this coming? I don't know whats scarier, the fact that we drafted him, or everyone in the Browns organization never saw this coming!
-
Anybody else watch the Netflix documentary?
Whatta shitty human being.
-
Well, the one thing everyone is shaking there head at now that the documentary is out is, shock, he spent zero time watching film. Apparently it got dark as well.
If nothing else, the documentary might get some publicity for the new bar he is opening in College Station.And NO ONE saw this coming? I don't know whats scarier, the fact that we drafted him, or everyone in the Browns organization never saw this coming!
-
-
Anybody else watch the Netflix documentary?
Whatta shitty human being.
On this one Al, I just have to let a bad memory die. There's another thread where they are discussing this a little bit called "If You Didn't Enjoy Him Enough The First Time, You're In Luck..."
-
Maybe so, but he was still good in college..
His problem is he never took things seriously. Johnny is always going to be a frat boy. He made a lot of money. His family has a lot of money, so he can afford to be a frat boy all his life. I am sure a lot of us would have opted for that route if it was possible.
To another comment, I agree, that Netflix QB special isn't that special.
yse, he was. He had a great cast around him, and he made things happen. In the military and college - I knew kids that weren't ready to be on their own. No principles, no moral guide - a few here and there were just self-destructive - that was J.M. - I don't like remembering him again. lol
-
Well, the one thing everyone is shaking their head at now that the documentary is out is, shock, he spent zero time watching film. Apparently it got dark as well.
If nothing else, the documentary might get some publicity for the new bar he is opening in College Station.
If nothing else, the documentary might get some publicity for the new bar he is opening in College Station.You think they'll have a drink called the Swan Song? ??

-
Anybody else watch the Netflix documentary?
Whatta shitty human being.
On this one Al, I just have to let a bad memory die. There's another thread where they are discussing this a little bit called "If You Didn't Enjoy Him Enough The First Time, You're In Luck..."
On this one Al, I just have to let a bad memory die. There's another thread where they are discussing this a little bit called "If You Didn't Enjoy Him Enough The First Time, You're In Luck..."
You mean like the car wreck -or- worse yet train wreck where you promise not to look .... but you can't help it and sneak a quick glance ? Oh no, too late you did anyway.
And now you're stuck with it on your memory. And we have Johnny bleepin football to thanks for that.

-
On this one Al, I just have to let a bad memory die. There's another thread where they are discussing this a little bit called "If You Didn't Enjoy Him Enough The First Time, You're In Luck..."
You mean like the car wreck -or- worse yet train wreck where you promise not to look .... but you can't help it and sneak a quick glance ? Oh no, too late you did anyway.
And now you're stuck with it on your memory. And we have Johnny bleepin football to thanks for that.

You mean like the car wreck -or- worse yet train wreck where you promise not to look .... but you can't help it and sneak a quick glance ? Oh no, too late you did anyway.
And now you're stuck with it on your memory. And we have Johnny bleepin football to thanks for that.

I think I’m guilty of the train wreck comment. I know one thing….Ray Farmer will never sniff a GM job again
-
You mean like the car wreck -or- worse yet train wreck where you promise not to look .... but you can't help it and sneak a quick glance ? Oh no, too late you did anyway.
And now you're stuck with it on your memory. And we have Johnny bleepin football to thanks for that.

I think I’m guilty of the train wreck comment. I know one thing….Ray Farmer will never sniff a GM job again
I think I’m guilty of the train wreck comment. I know one thing….Ray Farmer will never sniff a GM job again
Now, now, now! Everybody knows the Manziel pick came from the homeless guy on the street, not the GM.?
-
Eh, maybe it's the old man and father in me but I don't have the disdain for Johnny Football like some others have. Honestly, I have way, way more contempt for the clowns in the organization who drafted him despite overtly obvious red flags. I was the poor kid in private school and have seen a bunch of guys go crazy in their college years like Johnny did. Sympathy isn't the right word, for sure, but I also through my "adult" lens can realize it was just bad/apathetic parents and a cry for help. Give folks like that a lot of money and fame? Recipe for disaster.
I really don't have the inclination to watch this, but people can change and hopefully Manziel has.
-
Eh, maybe it's the old man and father in me but I don't have the disdain for Johnny Football like some others have. Honestly, I have way, way more contempt for the clowns in the organization who drafted him despite overtly obvious red flags. I was the poor kid in private school and have seen a bunch of guys go crazy in their college years like Johnny did. Sympathy isn't the right word, for sure, but I also through my "adult" lens can realize it was just bad/apathetic parents and a cry for help. Give folks like that a lot of money and fame? Recipe for disaster.
I really don't have the inclination to watch this, but people can change and hopefully Manziel has.
Eh, maybe it's the old man and father in me but I don't have the disdain for Johnny Football like some others have. Honestly, I have way, way more contempt for the clowns in the organization who drafted him despite overtly obvious red flags. I was the poor kid in private school and have seen a bunch of guys go crazy in their college years like Johnny did. Sympathy isn't the right word, for sure, but I also through my "adult" lens can realize it was just bad/apathetic parents and a cry for help. Give folks like that a lot of money and fame? Recipe for disaster.
I really don't have the inclination to watch this, but people can change and hopefully Manziel has.
I always felt the disaster was his parents and the coaches (both college and pro) not sitting him down and clearly making him understand he was not mentally mature enough for the NFL. He should have stayed all 4 years and been given that chance. Kids that age can't make that kind of decision without a lot of honest help. I think we all realize it was years too soon if ever.
-
Eh, maybe it's the old man and father in me but I don't have the disdain for Johnny Football like some others have. Honestly, I have way, way more contempt for the clowns in the organization who drafted him despite overtly obvious red flags. I was the poor kid in private school and have seen a bunch of guys go crazy in their college years like Johnny did. Sympathy isn't the right word, for sure, but I also through my "adult" lens can realize it was just bad/apathetic parents and a cry for help. Give folks like that a lot of money and fame? Recipe for disaster.
I really don't have the inclination to watch this, but people can change and hopefully Manziel has.
I always felt the disaster was his parents and the coaches (both college and pro) not sitting him down and clearly making him understand he was not mentally mature enough for the NFL. He should have stayed all 4 years and been given that chance. Kids that age can't make that kind of decision without a lot of honest help. I think we all realize it was years too soon if ever.
I always felt the disaster was his parents and the coaches (both college and pro) not sitting him down and clearly making him understand he was not mentally mature enough for the NFL. He should have stayed all 4 years and been given that chance. Kids that age can't make that kind of decision without a lot of honest help. I think we all realize it was years too soon if ever.
The documentary painted the picture of extreme Protection and Enablement from those around him with a financial interest.
Coaches, University, Mother, Father, Grandfather.
How does more time at a university fix that?
His Dad 10 years later blames the college coaches lol.
-
So drafting Manziel was a "Haslam" thing, right? It makes me wonder if bringing Watson here was also a Haslam thing? I'm still a believer in Watson after what little I saw of him last season but what I'm saying is bringing Watson here strictly Haslam pulling rank of was it something the front office agreed to? That fully guaranteed contract suggests it's Haslam pulling rank. If that's true then he better be right on this otherwise he will be run out of town and rightfully so it Watson doesn't produce.
-
News came out today that Manziel isn't the worst of recent Browns draft picks -- Buster Skrine [5/2011] arrested for check fraud from multiple Canadian banks.
Skrine's OTC page shows he made over $40M during his career.. and he's doing time for a comparably minor total of $100k.
-
So drafting Manziel was a "Haslam" thing, right? It makes me wonder if bringing Watson here was also a Haslam thing? I'm still a believer in Watson after what little I saw of him last season but what I'm saying is bringing Watson here strictly Haslam pulling rank of was it something the front office agreed to? That fully guaranteed contract suggests it's Haslam pulling rank. If that's true then he better be right on this otherwise he will be run out of town and rightfully so it Watson doesn't produce.
So drafting Manziel was a "Haslam" thing, right? It makes me wonder if bringing Watson here was also a Haslam thing? I'm still a believer in Watson after what little I saw of him last season but what I'm saying is bringing Watson here strictly Haslam pulling rank of was it something the front office agreed to? That fully guaranteed contract suggests it's Haslam pulling rank. If that's true then he better be right on this otherwise he will be run out of town and rightfully so it Watson doesn't produce.
Haslam isn't getting run out of town if Watson doesn't play at a high level.
It will mean the Browns will have had a few more disappointing seasons to add to their impressive list post 1964.
-
I always felt the disaster was his parents and the coaches (both college and pro) not sitting him down and clearly making him understand he was not mentally mature enough for the NFL. He should have stayed all 4 years and been given that chance. Kids that age can't make that kind of decision without a lot of honest help. I think we all realize it was years too soon if ever.
The documentary painted the picture of extreme Protection and Enablement from those around him with a financial interest.
Coaches, University, Mother, Father, Grandfather.
How does more time at a university fix that?
His Dad 10 years later blames the college coaches lol.
The documentary painted the picture of extreme Protection and Enablement from those around him with a financial interest.
Coaches, University, Mother, Father, Grandfather.
How does more time at a university fix that?
His Dad 10 years later blames the college coaches lol.
I can't imagine how he wouldn't have got kicked out of college football if he would have stuck around College Station.
And his dad blaming the college coaches is a helluva lot easier than actually taking blame for it himself. You never got the impression his family was calling up the TAM coaching staff demanding that they be strict with him.
I've seen a few people try to spin that Johnny talked shit about Cleveland but he didn't, he flat-out admits that he would have failed anywhere he went.
His story is a classic "too much, too fast" situation.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login