Skip to content

? Preseason Game 3: Browns at Eagles ? Aug 17

The Browns Board
130 17 3.1k
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Well blocked screen 

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Wypler doing pretty decent playing guard. Had a nice pull on that run. I wondered if they would carry 3 centers (pocic, harris and wypler) but wypler improving his chances showing he can play guard. I believe harris has played some guard as well (tia will have to correct me if he can't).

  • @flugel said:

    Dawan Jones totally whiffed

    Yeah they overloaded that gap. Jones first thought he should pick up the d lineman lined up in front of him then dean cane flashing and he was too late so didnt block either one and both could have made the play lol

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @bjh2130 said:

    Yeah they overloaded that gap. Jones first thought he should pick up the d lineman lined up in front of him then dean cane flashing and he was too late so didnt block either one and both could have made the play lol

    LOL. Yeah, because the backer crossed his face to the inside, that's gotta be his priority.  That'll be a good learning experience when they watch the film with Callahan.  I think he's gonna be a good one for us so I don't mind seeing him get things like this out of the way in his 1st pre-season.

  • Wypler doing pretty decent playing guard. Had a nice pull on that run. I wondered if they would carry 3 centers (pocic, harris and wypler) but wypler improving his chances showing he can play guard. I believe harris has played some guard as well (tia will have to correct me if he can't).

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @bjh2130 said:

    Wypler doing pretty decent playing guard. Had a nice pull on that run. I wondered if they would carry 3 centers (pocic, harris and wypler) but wypler improving his chances showing he can play guard. I believe harris has played some guard as well (tia will have to correct me if he can't).

    I really liked where the Browns landed him. That's good he's got the flexibility to play Guard or Center.  He's not just a Wypler Snapper...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    I think Mo Hurst makes this roster. He's been playing solid all pre-season and Jordan Elliot is just.... there. 

  • I think Mo Hurst makes this roster. He's been playing solid all pre-season and Jordan Elliot is just.... there. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @tiamat63 said:

    I think Mo Hurst makes this roster. He's been playing solid all pre-season and Jordan Elliot is just.... there. 

    He's certainly showing up like it's an all you can eat buffet in the backfield the last 2 weeks.  

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Felton in his UCLA days used to carve up slower special teams.  He’s got to get up field quicker on these kicks 

  • Well blocked screen 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Well blocked screen 

    And screens something the Browns have had trouble setting up over the years.  Good to see...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Felton needs to lose this cutback move for a game😉 new RB Wilkins know any plays?

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130
    #51

    I didn't realize former osux2 (ok state and ohio state) safety tanner mcallister was on the browns. Fans cant complain they didn't pick any buckeyes up this draft. Two o lineman drafted (jones and wypler) and two safeties picked up undrated (hickman and mcallister).

    Mcallister won't make the 53 but he will be a good candidate for practice squad. He's a very intelligent player but not the most athletic of guys.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    DTR can overcome his slow(er) release so long as he's decisive and has good timing and pace on his throws.

  • DTR can overcome his slow(er) release so long as he's decisive and has good timing and pace on his throws.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @tiamat63 said:

    DTR can overcome his slow(er) release so long as he's decisive and has good timing and pace on his throws.

    Just the guy i wanted to see. Has harris played guard at all? 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Drilled it !

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #55

    Big FG from Cade.

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Talking about mcallister being on the practice squad i wonder if hickman makes the 53 man. Its between him and bell for that 4th safety and I'm not sure which one has the leg up. Of course both could make it if they carry 5 safeties

  • @tiamat63 said:

    DTR can overcome his slow(er) release so long as he's decisive and has good timing and pace on his throws.

    Just the guy i wanted to see. Has harris played guard at all? 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @bjh2130 said:

    Just the guy i wanted to see. Has harris played guard at all? 

    Nick Harris?  Hmm.  I watched two seasons of his at Udub and I don't remember not a one snap anywhere beyond Center.  

    He did play snaps for us at guard once.  I specifically remember Tour and myself talking about it because he was getting mauled, understandably so, at his size. 

  • Drilled it !

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @mjp28 said:

    Drilled it !

    Screenshot_2023-08-17_204701.jpg

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Diabate raw but athletic and instinctive 

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Great throw by dtr

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    ....... and a flag !