Skip to content

Browns cut's

The Browns Board
75 18 3.3k 1
  • @syd said:

    Waived (2):

    QB Kellen Mond

    DE Charles Wiley

    sorry syd but, These are from days ago. Mond was brought back after Dobbs was traded..(Mond was never officially waived..Teams have to 4pm/ never sent wavier to NFL) 

    Kellen Mond is still on the roster Monday  (Here today, Might be gone tomorrow?)  

    @gumby73 said:

    sorry syd but, These are from days ago. Mond was brought back after Dobbs was traded.

    Well, I feel better.  🙂

  • @canton-dawg said:

    The Browns wish Michael Dunn a “Happy Birthday”…and 2 hours later cut him.

    IMG_4709.jpeg

    @flugel said:

    This sucks Moose shoot!   I thought this guy was really reliable for us.  He could play either Guard spot or even Center if necessary. 

    How'd they tell him? "Hey, we're giving you the next day off, and the rest of the year without pay.  Isn't that great?"  Someone like Carolina will probably add him to their hot mess - or anyone with a lot of injuries upfront.  They'll be able to thank Cleveland and Bill Callahan for developed player they can now plug and play.  

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/28/browns-drew-forbes-nfi-wes-martin-cut/

    "The most likely outcome to this situation is that the Browns have promised Michael Dunn a newer deal, allow themselves to clear a roster spot to place an injured player on Injured Reserve, then will inevitably re-sign him."

    @korsou-dawg said:

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/28/browns-drew-forbes-nfi-wes-martin-cut/

    "The most likely outcome to this situation is that the Browns have promised Michael Dunn a newer deal, allow themselves to clear a roster spot to place an injured player on Injured Reserve, then will inevitably re-sign him."

    You and Gumbs might be right about that!  As always, stay tuned...

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/28/browns-drew-forbes-nfi-wes-martin-cut/

    "The most likely outcome to this situation is that the Browns have promised Michael Dunn a newer deal, allow themselves to clear a roster spot to place an injured player on Injured Reserve, then will inevitably re-sign him."

    You and Gumbs might be right about that!  As always, stay tuned...

    @flugel said:

    You and Gumbs might be right about that!  As always, stay tuned...

    I have never pretended to understand how all the damn changing rules work when it comes to 53 roster, PS,  $ Caps, etc.

  • The biggest deal with Michael Dunn 

    he is a vested player( more than 4 years of service)

    Dunn is not exposed to the NFL waiver wire. (can't be claimed) But teams can call his agent to highball the browns

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    And they see nothing that stands out or that you can’t get off the street the week of a game. 

    It would be best to have a guy on board longer than that.  I'd bet we pick someone up and have them on the PS and dressed for games.  You get to have that extra guy dressed this year.  It would be stupid to not do so.  To me having that guy around on gamedays would be a good learning tool for that young player.

    JMO

    @ballpeen said:

    It would be best to have a guy on board longer than that.  I'd bet we pick someone up and have them on the PS and dressed for games.  You get to have that extra guy dressed this year.  It would be stupid to not do so.  To me having that guy around on gamedays would be a good learning tool for that young player.

    JMO

    Normally I would say yes…we have 230M QB and a developmental mid round pick(looks like he has a promising career ahead of him) position settled hopefully.

    if it means losing a guy like Diabate or Watkins - no.  Those are guys that could get some serious burn considering our pending free agent decisions in 2024 in both groups 

  • WR Austin Watkins cut.

  • Austin Watkins, Jaelon Darden, T.Togiai, Demetric Felton Jr., Isaiah Thomas, Michael Dunn among the #Browns not making the initial 53 - but many will be back on PS or roster; Mohamoud Diabate and Ronnie Hickman have played their way onto the 53.  Per Mary K.

  • I'm not one to revel in another man losing his job, but how in the hell Jordan Elliot survived the first and second round of cuts is just beyond me?

  • I'm not one to revel in another man losing his job, but how in the hell Jordan Elliot survived the first and second round of cuts is just beyond me?

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm not one to revel in another man losing his job, but how in the hell Jordan Elliot survived the first and second round of cuts is just beyond me?

    He must look sexy in practice...

  • I'm not one to revel in another man losing his job, but how in the hell Jordan Elliot survived the first and second round of cuts is just beyond me?

    @tiamat63 said:

    I'm not one to revel in another man losing his job, but how in the hell Jordan Elliot survived the first and second round of cuts is just beyond me?

    I hear ya!  I'll try to slap a positive on this subject - Jordan Elliott was the Most Invisibly Improved player on the team.  

  • Austin Watkins, Jaelon Darden, T.Togiai, Demetric Felton Jr., Isaiah Thomas, Michael Dunn among the #Browns not making the initial 53 - but many will be back on PS or roster; Mohamoud Diabate and Ronnie Hickman have played their way onto the 53.  Per Mary K.

    @coyote said:

    Austin Watkins, Jaelon Darden, T.Togiai, Demetric Felton Jr., Isaiah Thomas, Michael Dunn among the #Browns not making the initial 53 - but many will be back on PS or roster; Mohamoud Diabate and Ronnie Hickman have played their way onto the 53.  Per Mary K.

    I don't know how somebody could have had one of the best if not THE best pre-season at WR and not mmake the 53 man roster. Only in Cleveland I guess. Unbelievable.

  • I had Tommy AND Hurst ahead of Elliot.  Aside from Garrett kicking inside I don’t believe we have enough positional flexibility to go with 4 DTs especially when one is named Jordan Elliot and the other is heavy legged rookie

    If I’m being honest Watkins is better than Bell.

    Was Mitchell kept for Special Teams?

    I like Charlie Thomas a lot…I hope we can tuck him away on the PS

    now that I said it…let’s roll this is a good roster 

  • N Neo

    @coyote said:

    Austin Watkins, Jaelon Darden, T.Togiai, Demetric Felton Jr., Isaiah Thomas, Michael Dunn among the #Browns not making the initial 53 - but many will be back on PS or roster; Mohamoud Diabate and Ronnie Hickman have played their way onto the 53.  Per Mary K.

    I don't know how somebody could have had one of the best if not THE best pre-season at WR and not mmake the 53 man roster. Only in Cleveland I guess. Unbelievable.

    @neo said:

    I don't know how somebody could have had one of the best if not THE best pre-season at WR and not mmake the 53 man roster. Only in Cleveland I guess. Unbelievable.

     Seemingly every season Browns fans, really most NFL fans for that matter, get obsessed with a player who has a good pre-season.   The overwhelming majority of the time that player ends up going on to do very little.    I liked the kid, it's entirely possible he clears waivers.  If so, I'd be content using a protected practice squad spot on him.

  • I had Tommy AND Hurst ahead of Elliot.  Aside from Garrett kicking inside I don’t believe we have enough positional flexibility to go with 4 DTs especially when one is named Jordan Elliot and the other is heavy legged rookie

    If I’m being honest Watkins is better than Bell.

    Was Mitchell kept for Special Teams?

    I like Charlie Thomas a lot…I hope we can tuck him away on the PS

    now that I said it…let’s roll this is a good roster 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I like Charlie Thomas a lot…I hope we can tuck him away on the PS

    now that I said it…let’s roll this is a good roster 

    I’m with you in Charlie. He laid some crushing hits!

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I like Charlie Thomas a lot…I hope we can tuck him away on the PS

    now that I said it…let’s roll this is a good roster 

    I’m with you in Charlie. He laid some crushing hits!

    @alporcini said:

    I’m with you in Charlie. He laid some crushing hits!

    Yes! And his tape at GA Tech is equally impressive 

  • Finally, Felton is gone.  But I bet, like a bad penny, he'll be back.

    Too bad for Watkins.  But disappearing in the final game didn't help him.  Perhaps he can get to the PS.

  • @neo said:

    I don't know how somebody could have had one of the best if not THE best pre-season at WR and not mmake the 53 man roster. Only in Cleveland I guess. Unbelievable.

     Seemingly every season Browns fans, really most NFL fans for that matter, get obsessed with a player who has a good pre-season.   The overwhelming majority of the time that player ends up going on to do very little.    I liked the kid, it's entirely possible he clears waivers.  If so, I'd be content using a protected practice squad spot on him.

    @tiamat63 said:

     Seemingly every season Browns fans, really most NFL fans for that matter, get obsessed with a player who has a good pre-season.   The overwhelming majority of the time that player ends up going on to do very little.    I liked the kid, it's entirely possible he clears waivers.  If so, I'd be content using a protected practice squad spot on him.

    Who was that hippie TE people loved a few years ago that now sells healing crystals? 

    He was a cool cat. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

     Seemingly every season Browns fans, really most NFL fans for that matter, get obsessed with a player who has a good pre-season.   The overwhelming majority of the time that player ends up going on to do very little.    I liked the kid, it's entirely possible he clears waivers.  If so, I'd be content using a protected practice squad spot on him.

    Who was that hippie TE people loved a few years ago that now sells healing crystals? 

    He was a cool cat. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who was that hippie TE

    Baker Mayfield?

    I don't understand the benefit of Wright and Kunaszyk both "making" the roster for 8 seconds.. Does their contract status change if they go on IR before vs after declaring the 53?

  • @tiamat63 said:

     Seemingly every season Browns fans, really most NFL fans for that matter, get obsessed with a player who has a good pre-season.   The overwhelming majority of the time that player ends up going on to do very little.    I liked the kid, it's entirely possible he clears waivers.  If so, I'd be content using a protected practice squad spot on him.

    Who was that hippie TE people loved a few years ago that now sells healing crystals? 

    He was a cool cat. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Who was that hippie TE people loved a few years ago that now sells healing crystals? 

    He was a cool cat. 

    Cajuste?

  • Davion Davis last year too was a training camp hero if I recall. 
     

    He had a nice catch this weekend but he was cut by the Cards today