Nick
-
I just watched that video about 5 or 6 times and I can't see how that wasn't dirty. 55 is pulling him down and forwards while Fitzpatrick is going for his legs. I mean really? Is this even a debate?
-
I just watched that video about 5 or 6 times and I can't see how that wasn't dirty. 55 is pulling him down and forwards while Fitzpatrick is going for his legs. I mean really? Is this even a debate?
I just watched that video about 5 or 6 times and I can't see how that wasn't dirty. 55 is pulling him down and forwards while Fitzpatrick is going for his legs. I mean really? Is this even a debate?
The helmet tells the story in my opinion. And if anybody could prove Tomlin ordered or even suggested that he should be suspended.
WSS
-
Minkah Fitzpatrick did nothing wrong. It was a football play with both players laying their bodies on the line.
1 - This type of tackle is a consequence of the league heavily penalizing and disincentivizing helmet-to-helmet contact
2 - It's Nick fuckin Chubb dragging a Steeler downfield toward another first down. What else is Fitzpatrick supposed to do there? Hit him more gently? That hit was more of desperation than malice, if you ask me.Can't wait for this hit to be used to justify more rule changes that further neuter the defense. If you really think this is a dirty hit, how should the NFL amend the rules to prevent this?
-
I also don’t think it was dirty, but given the stoolers history, I can see why people think it is
-
Minkah Fitzpatrick did nothing wrong. It was a football play with both players laying their bodies on the line.
1 - This type of tackle is a consequence of the league heavily penalizing and disincentivizing helmet-to-helmet contact
2 - It's Nick fuckin Chubb dragging a Steeler downfield toward another first down. What else is Fitzpatrick supposed to do there? Hit him more gently? That hit was more of desperation than malice, if you ask me.Can't wait for this hit to be used to justify more rule changes that further neuter the defense. If you really think this is a dirty hit, how should the NFL amend the rules to prevent this?
Minkah Fitzpatrick did nothing wrong. It was a football play with both players laying their bodies on the line.
1 - This type of tackle is a consequence of the league heavily penalizing and disincentivizing helmet-to-helmet contact
2 - It's Nick fuckin Chubb dragging a Steeler downfield toward another first down. What else is Fitzpatrick supposed to do there? Hit him more gently? That hit was more of desperation than malice, if you ask me.Can't wait for this hit to be used to justify more rule changes that further neuter the defense. If you really think this is a dirty hit, how should the NFL amend the rules to prevent this?
They are printing velcro flags for the hip as we speak.
WSS
-
Minkah Fitzpatrick did nothing wrong. It was a football play with both players laying their bodies on the line.
1 - This type of tackle is a consequence of the league heavily penalizing and disincentivizing helmet-to-helmet contact
2 - It's Nick fuckin Chubb dragging a Steeler downfield toward another first down. What else is Fitzpatrick supposed to do there? Hit him more gently? That hit was more of desperation than malice, if you ask me.Can't wait for this hit to be used to justify more rule changes that further neuter the defense. If you really think this is a dirty hit, how should the NFL amend the rules to prevent this?
Minkah Fitzpatrick did nothing wrong. It was a football play with both players laying their bodies on the line.
1 - This type of tackle is a consequence of the league heavily penalizing and disincentivizing helmet-to-helmet contact
2 - It's Nick fuckin Chubb dragging a Steeler downfield toward another first down. What else is Fitzpatrick supposed to do there? Hit him more gently? That hit was more of desperation than malice, if you ask me.Can't wait for this hit to be used to justify more rule changes that further neuter the defense. If you really think this is a dirty hit, how should the NFL amend the rules to prevent this?
I don't think it was intentionally trying to hurt him, but holy crap he left his feet and dove right in low with the shoulder, while he was in the grasp fighting for more yards.
I do feel bad for defenders. They're in a no-win situation with all these rule changes.
-
Minkah Fitzpatrick did nothing wrong. It was a football play with both players laying their bodies on the line.
1 - This type of tackle is a consequence of the league heavily penalizing and disincentivizing helmet-to-helmet contact
2 - It's Nick fuckin Chubb dragging a Steeler downfield toward another first down. What else is Fitzpatrick supposed to do there? Hit him more gently? That hit was more of desperation than malice, if you ask me.Can't wait for this hit to be used to justify more rule changes that further neuter the defense. If you really think this is a dirty hit, how should the NFL amend the rules to prevent this?
I don't think it was intentionally trying to hurt him, but holy crap he left his feet and dove right in low with the shoulder, while he was in the grasp fighting for more yards.
I do feel bad for defenders. They're in a no-win situation with all these rule changes.
I do feel bad for defenders.
I don't. They have been training since they where little kids to play this game. They need to use better judgement when going in for a tackle like that. Chubb was wrapped up and was vulnerable to a hit. He also lead with the crown of his helmet which is supposed to be a no-no is it not? He clearly put his helmet on Chubb's knee and according to NFL rules it's a foul. He should be fined at the very least. Where are we today as a society that we have a piece of footage that clearly shows what happened yet we still can't come to an agreement? (I'm not talking about you specifically by the way)
-
If you watch the video, I totally agree with Simms what he says about what happened.
https://www.nbcsports.com/watch/nfl/profootballtalk/chubb-out-for-year-with-significant-knee-injury
-
I do feel bad for defenders.
I don't. They have been training since they where little kids to play this game. They need to use better judgement when going in for a tackle like that. Chubb was wrapped up and was vulnerable to a hit. He also lead with the crown of his helmet which is supposed to be a no-no is it not? He clearly put his helmet on Chubb's knee and according to NFL rules it's a foul. He should be fined at the very least. Where are we today as a society that we have a piece of footage that clearly shows what happened yet we still can't come to an agreement? (I'm not talking about you specifically by the way)
I don't. They have been training since they where little kids to play this game. They need to use better judgement when going in for a tackle like that. Chubb was wrapped up and was vulnerable to a hit. He also lead with the crown of his helmet which is supposed to be a no-no is it not? He clearly put his helmet on Chubb's knee and according to NFL rules it's a foul. He should be fined at the very least. Where are we today as a society that we have a piece of footage that clearly shows what happened yet we still can't come to an agreement? (I'm not talking about you specifically by the way)
https://fb.watch/n9OR6gb990/?mibextid=NnVzG8&startTimeMs=5221
Looked like he lead with the shoulder.
I don't think Minkah is known for dirty play. But yeah, this clip is disturbing.
-
I thought it was dirty. I don't play football for a career and I can tell you I know better than to launch myself into the front of someones knees while he's dragging weight like that. He could have easily went mid section.
I'm not sure when but a couple possessions later Watson threw over the middle, our receiver missed it but again Fitz flew in for a cheap shot while the receiver was extended and vulnerable(defenseless). I didn't hear anyone else mention but I noticed.
I know things happen but it looked intentional. Did Fitz offer a public apology that seemed sincere?
-
I thought it was dirty. I don't play football for a career and I can tell you I know better than to launch myself into the front of someones knees while he's dragging weight like that. He could have easily went mid section.
I'm not sure when but a couple possessions later Watson threw over the middle, our receiver missed it but again Fitz flew in for a cheap shot while the receiver was extended and vulnerable(defenseless). I didn't hear anyone else mention but I noticed.
I know things happen but it looked intentional. Did Fitz offer a public apology that seemed sincere?
I thought it was dirty. I don't play football for a career and I can tell you I know better than to launch myself into the front of someones knees while he's dragging weight like that. He could have easily went mid section.
I'm not sure when but a couple possessions later Watson threw over the middle, our receiver missed it but again Fitz flew in for a cheap shot while the receiver was extended and vulnerable(defenseless). I didn't hear anyone else mention but I noticed.
I know things happen but it looked intentional. Did Fitz offer a public apology that seemed sincere?
Chris Simms - "What I don't love is that he's engaged with somebody else and the fact that Minkah Fitzpatrick goes low on him. I just didn't love that. I just didn't think it was necessary"
Pretty much what I've been saying. These players have been doing this for years and they should know not to make that kind of hit.
-
I am all up in my feels over this. Anyone but Nick Chubb man. There is a tiny tiny percentage of athletes that l just love watching them play. It’s like poetry in motion. Add to it that he’s a great dude, the best dude. I’m so bummed.
-
I thought it was dirty. I don't play football for a career and I can tell you I know better than to launch myself into the front of someones knees while he's dragging weight like that. He could have easily went mid section.
I'm not sure when but a couple possessions later Watson threw over the middle, our receiver missed it but again Fitz flew in for a cheap shot while the receiver was extended and vulnerable(defenseless). I didn't hear anyone else mention but I noticed.
I know things happen but it looked intentional. Did Fitz offer a public apology that seemed sincere?
Chris Simms - "What I don't love is that he's engaged with somebody else and the fact that Minkah Fitzpatrick goes low on him. I just didn't love that. I just didn't think it was necessary"
Pretty much what I've been saying. These players have been doing this for years and they should know not to make that kind of hit.
Chris Simms - "What I don't love is that he's engaged with somebody else and the fact that Minkah Fitzpatrick goes low on him. I just didn't love that. I just didn't think it was necessary"
Pretty much what I've been saying. These players have been doing this for years and they should know not to make that kind of hit.
Hindsight is 20/20. The tradeoff of going low for a hit like this is that you might get yourself injured by a thigh/knee that's moving at full sprint. Chubb had forward momentum and Minkah put a stop to it - now they're both injured. Go find me a commentator who played defense who's calling out the hit as dirty. I think McCourty's got this one right.
-
I am all up in my feels over this. Anyone but Nick Chubb man. There is a tiny tiny percentage of athletes that l just love watching them play. It’s like poetry in motion. Add to it that he’s a great dude, the best dude. I’m so bummed.
I am all up in my feels over this. Anyone but Nick Chubb man. There is a tiny tiny percentage of athletes that l just love watching them play. It’s like poetry in motion. Add to it that he’s a great dude, the best dude. I’m so bummed.
Absolutely.
I own two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubbs. I was thinking about him today and I've been following this team since the end of the Rutigliano years, and I think Nick Chubb might be the most universally liked and respected Browns player I've ever seen, maybe even more than Bernie or Joe Thomas, or at least at their level.
I have a feeling this game is going to stick with us, and perhaps the team, for weeks.
-
I am all up in my feels over this. Anyone but Nick Chubb man. There is a tiny tiny percentage of athletes that l just love watching them play. It’s like poetry in motion. Add to it that he’s a great dude, the best dude. I’m so bummed.
Absolutely.
I own two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubbs. I was thinking about him today and I've been following this team since the end of the Rutigliano years, and I think Nick Chubb might be the most universally liked and respected Browns player I've ever seen, maybe even more than Bernie or Joe Thomas, or at least at their level.
I have a feeling this game is going to stick with us, and perhaps the team, for weeks.
...I own two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubbs. I was thinking about him today and I've been following this team since the end of the Rutigliano years, and I think Nick Chubb might be the most universally liked and respected Browns player I've ever seen, maybe even more than Bernie or Joe Thomas, or at least at their level.
You're lucky that you got to experience the original Browns team. I signed on after they came back and the number of players from this era that I'd even consider buying a jersey of is slim:
- Joe Thomas
- Nick Chubb
- Myles Garrett
- Josh Cribbs
- Phil Dawson
-
...I own two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubbs. I was thinking about him today and I've been following this team since the end of the Rutigliano years, and I think Nick Chubb might be the most universally liked and respected Browns player I've ever seen, maybe even more than Bernie or Joe Thomas, or at least at their level.
You're lucky that you got to experience the original Browns team. I signed on after they came back and the number of players from this era that I'd even consider buying a jersey of is slim:
- Joe Thomas
- Nick Chubb
- Myles Garrett
- Josh Cribbs
- Phil Dawson
You're lucky that you got to experience the original Browns team. I signed on after they came back and the number of players from this era that I'd even consider buying a jersey of is slim:
- Joe Thomas
- Nick Chubb
- Myles Garrett
- Josh Cribbs
- Phil Dawson
Seriously, hats off to you and any of Browns fans that started following this team from 1999 on.
At least I somewhat remember when they were a legit NFL franchise, or as legit as one owned by Art Modell could be.
-
Another RB I wouldn't mind the Browns grabbing is former Ohio State Buckeye Trey Sermon, who I believe is on the Eagles practice squad.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login