Skip to content

Nick

The Browns Board
35 16 1.8k 1
  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I am all up in my feels over this. Anyone but Nick Chubb man. There is a tiny tiny percentage of athletes that l just love watching them play. It’s like poetry in motion. Add to it that he’s a great dude, the best dude. I’m so bummed. 

    Absolutely. 

    I own two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubbs. I was thinking about him today and I've been following this team since the end of the Rutigliano years, and I think Nick Chubb might be the most universally liked and respected Browns player I've ever seen, maybe even more than Bernie or Joe Thomas, or at least at their level. 

    I have a feeling this game is going to stick with us, and perhaps the team, for weeks. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    ...I own two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubbs. I was thinking about him today and I've been following this team since the end of the Rutigliano years, and I think Nick Chubb might be the most universally liked and respected Browns player I've ever seen, maybe even more than Bernie or Joe Thomas, or at least at their level. 

    You're lucky that you got to experience the original Browns team. I signed on after they came back and the number of players from this era that I'd even consider buying a jersey of is slim:

    - Joe Thomas

    - Nick Chubb

    - Myles Garrett

    - Josh Cribbs

    - Phil Dawson 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    ...I own two Browns jerseys, both Nick Chubbs. I was thinking about him today and I've been following this team since the end of the Rutigliano years, and I think Nick Chubb might be the most universally liked and respected Browns player I've ever seen, maybe even more than Bernie or Joe Thomas, or at least at their level. 

    You're lucky that you got to experience the original Browns team. I signed on after they came back and the number of players from this era that I'd even consider buying a jersey of is slim:

    - Joe Thomas

    - Nick Chubb

    - Myles Garrett

    - Josh Cribbs

    - Phil Dawson 

    @jbluhm86 said:

    You're lucky that you got to experience the original Browns team. I signed on after they came back and the number of players from this era that I'd even consider buying a jersey of is slim:

    - Joe Thomas

    - Nick Chubb

    - Myles Garrett

    - Josh Cribbs

    - Phil Dawson 

    Seriously, hats off to you and any of Browns fans that started following this team from 1999 on. 

    At least I somewhat remember when they were a legit NFL franchise, or as legit as one owned by Art Modell could be.

  • Another RB I wouldn't mind the Browns grabbing is former Ohio State Buckeye Trey Sermon, who I believe is on the Eagles practice squad. 

  • Cam Akers?

  • I'd just bite the bullet and call up Hunt.  He'd be up to speed with any new offensive wrinkles in no time flat.  He knows the team, building, area, etc.  

  • I'd just bite the bullet and call up Hunt.  He'd be up to speed with any new offensive wrinkles in no time flat.  He knows the team, building, area, etc.  

    @orion said:

    I'd just bite the bullet and call up Hunt.  He'd be up to speed with any new offensive wrinkles in no time flat.  He knows the team, building, area, etc.  

    he has already been in town for a visit.john kelly jr. remember him ?

  • sydS syd

    @orion said:

    I'd just bite the bullet and call up Hunt.  He'd be up to speed with any new offensive wrinkles in no time flat.  He knows the team, building, area, etc.  

    he has already been in town for a visit.john kelly jr. remember him ?

    @syd said:

    he has already been in town for a visit.john kelly jr. remember him ?

    Syd, Kelly is not the answer.  He's been around a while now and they still bring in other backs.  They see him as an emergency situation guy only.  IMO

    -----

    I want to add to the sentiment of love for Chubb in this thread.  He's been my favorite Brown since experiencing his first season.  He makes beautiful slide-moves, he's got a great burst of speed and is a fast runner.  If he gets past you, you ain't catchin' him.  He's Powerful.  And without a Show-boat bone in his body he'll just toss the ball to the official.  -  Perfection  -      It's sad how we just can't have anything nice.    I feel bad that he has to endure this pain...for us.  And I hope he's made well, with God speed.

  • @neo said:

    Chris Simms - "What I don't love is that he's engaged with somebody else and the fact that Minkah Fitzpatrick goes low on him. I just didn't love that. I just didn't think it was necessary" 

    Pretty much what I've been saying. These players have been doing this for years and they should know not to make that kind of hit. 

    Hindsight is 20/20. The tradeoff of going low for a hit like this is that you might get yourself injured by a thigh/knee that's moving at full sprint. Chubb had forward momentum and Minkah put a stop to it - now they're both injured. Go find me a commentator who played defense who's calling out the hit as dirty. I think McCourty's got this one right. 

    Good Morning Football@gmfb
    Was the Minkah Fitzpatrick hit that took Nick Chubb out dirty??

    @JasonMcCourty explains why he went low

    @vaportrail said:

    Hindsight is 20/20. The tradeoff of going low for a hit like this is that you might get yourself injured by a thigh/knee that's moving at full sprint. Chubb had forward momentum and Minkah put a stop to it - now they're both injured. Go find me a commentator who played defense who's calling out the hit as dirty. I think McCourty's got this one right. 

    I doubt Fitz was worried about himself getting hurt and getting hurt being dirty doesn't excuse him.

    Posting a biased opinion from a Steeler commentator no matter who he has on doesn't mean much.

    He didn't just go low, he went straight at his knees while he was carrying a load, huge difference compared to going low on a speeding back coming at you in an open field.

  • JaxJ Jax

    @vaportrail said:

    Hindsight is 20/20. The tradeoff of going low for a hit like this is that you might get yourself injured by a thigh/knee that's moving at full sprint. Chubb had forward momentum and Minkah put a stop to it - now they're both injured. Go find me a commentator who played defense who's calling out the hit as dirty. I think McCourty's got this one right. 

    I doubt Fitz was worried about himself getting hurt and getting hurt being dirty doesn't excuse him.

    Posting a biased opinion from a Steeler commentator no matter who he has on doesn't mean much.

    He didn't just go low, he went straight at his knees while he was carrying a load, huge difference compared to going low on a speeding back coming at you in an open field.

    @jax said:

    I doubt Fitz was worried about himself getting hurt and getting hurt being dirty doesn't excuse him.

    Posting a biased opinion from a Steeler commentator no matter who he has on doesn't mean much.

    He didn't just go low, he went straight at his knees while he was carrying a load, huge difference compared to going low on a speeding back coming at you in an open field.

    Jason McCourty is actually a former Cleveland Brown and never played for the Steelers. 

  • @jax said:

    I doubt Fitz was worried about himself getting hurt and getting hurt being dirty doesn't excuse him.

    Posting a biased opinion from a Steeler commentator no matter who he has on doesn't mean much.

    He didn't just go low, he went straight at his knees while he was carrying a load, huge difference compared to going low on a speeding back coming at you in an open field.

    Jason McCourty is actually a former Cleveland Brown and never played for the Steelers. 

    @vaportrail said:

    Jason McCourty is actually a former Cleveland Brown and never played for the Steelers. 

    You'll have to excuse that particular poster. I had never seen the name before up here, looks like a poli board troll when you check the account.   

    Now to follow that (but not at you, Vape), as a question at all of you...   Does anyone here believe TJ Ward was an intentionally malicious player looking to end careers?

    Because I posed that (rhetorical) question in my thread...  this is probably as good as a place to do so.  

    This is TJ ending Gronks season, and could have been his career, early.  

    It was a low hit, but I know what TJ was trying to do.  He a 5'10 200lb DB trying to separate the ball from a HoF TE who is 6'5 260lbs.     

    This was TJ with Denver having a more clean tackle angle on Gronk who wasn't full speed down the seam.

    No extra commentary from Gronk himself.  Because he understood TJ wasn't being intentionally dirty when his knee went out the previous season.

    TJ's commentary afterwards.  

    https://www.nfl.com/news/t-j-ward-hit-on-patriots-rob-gronkowski-was-legal-0ap2000000295541

    Naturally, Patriots fans screamed "DIRTY" at the top of their lungs.  Just like most people are doing here.   

    I know most of you have never played DB, or at all for that matter, so I'd say maybe put aside the cult level think and wonder why no other former or current NFL players are all over twitter calling this dirty?   It isn't.  Bad form, a bit weak and a touch desperate (Let's be real, have you see DB's panic in the open field against Nick? Because I have) But I remembered watching TJ on his debut because our safety situation was SO damn bad back then.  Plus I liked his game when he was at Oregon.   I remember him cutting down a backside bounce on a strength gap run, and then on a TE screen as well.

    Thank God Youtube still has this sort of thing.

    First play is at 34 seconds on the backside bounce, the second play is at 1:16 mark.     

     You go into the top of the thigh pad, at an angle, heads up and generally you'll get two things -  The first being somebody trying to lower their leverage, and you'll still be lower than them.  Secondly, the top of your hat should hit the ball while you take their ability to generate any more forward momentum by having the ball carrier off his feet.   Taking the tires off, plain and simple.

     I'm wasting my time, and yes I know the history behind the Steelers. And yes, I do believe Harrison flirted the line between intense and dirty... often the latter.     But there was zero intention of hurting Nick here.    It's not possible for us to claim he is universally respected, including by Coach Tomlin, who calls him "Mr. Chubb" by the way, and then believe there is some grand conspiracy.      Was it good football? No.  Was it dirty? Also no.    Both can, and sadly are, very true.          We're all hurting for Nick.   To many of us, he embodies what we feel Browns football is.     But let's pull some heads out of asses here and think for a moment.  

  • @vaportrail said:

    Jason McCourty is actually a former Cleveland Brown and never played for the Steelers. 

    You'll have to excuse that particular poster. I had never seen the name before up here, looks like a poli board troll when you check the account.   

    Now to follow that (but not at you, Vape), as a question at all of you...   Does anyone here believe TJ Ward was an intentionally malicious player looking to end careers?

    Because I posed that (rhetorical) question in my thread...  this is probably as good as a place to do so.  

    This is TJ ending Gronks season, and could have been his career, early.  

    It was a low hit, but I know what TJ was trying to do.  He a 5'10 200lb DB trying to separate the ball from a HoF TE who is 6'5 260lbs.     

    This was TJ with Denver having a more clean tackle angle on Gronk who wasn't full speed down the seam.

    No extra commentary from Gronk himself.  Because he understood TJ wasn't being intentionally dirty when his knee went out the previous season.

    TJ's commentary afterwards.  

    https://www.nfl.com/news/t-j-ward-hit-on-patriots-rob-gronkowski-was-legal-0ap2000000295541

    Naturally, Patriots fans screamed "DIRTY" at the top of their lungs.  Just like most people are doing here.   

    I know most of you have never played DB, or at all for that matter, so I'd say maybe put aside the cult level think and wonder why no other former or current NFL players are all over twitter calling this dirty?   It isn't.  Bad form, a bit weak and a touch desperate (Let's be real, have you see DB's panic in the open field against Nick? Because I have) But I remembered watching TJ on his debut because our safety situation was SO damn bad back then.  Plus I liked his game when he was at Oregon.   I remember him cutting down a backside bounce on a strength gap run, and then on a TE screen as well.

    Thank God Youtube still has this sort of thing.

    First play is at 34 seconds on the backside bounce, the second play is at 1:16 mark.     

     You go into the top of the thigh pad, at an angle, heads up and generally you'll get two things -  The first being somebody trying to lower their leverage, and you'll still be lower than them.  Secondly, the top of your hat should hit the ball while you take their ability to generate any more forward momentum by having the ball carrier off his feet.   Taking the tires off, plain and simple.

     I'm wasting my time, and yes I know the history behind the Steelers. And yes, I do believe Harrison flirted the line between intense and dirty... often the latter.     But there was zero intention of hurting Nick here.    It's not possible for us to claim he is universally respected, including by Coach Tomlin, who calls him "Mr. Chubb" by the way, and then believe there is some grand conspiracy.      Was it good football? No.  Was it dirty? Also no.    Both can, and sadly are, very true.          We're all hurting for Nick.   To many of us, he embodies what we feel Browns football is.     But let's pull some heads out of asses here and think for a moment.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    You'll have to excuse that particular poster. I had never seen the name before up here, looks like a poli board troll when you check the account.   

    Now to follow that (but not at you, Vape), as a question at all of you...   Does anyone here believe TJ Ward was an intentionally malicious player looking to end careers?

    Because I posed that (rhetorical) question in my thread...  this is probably as good as a place to do so.  

    This is TJ ending Gronks season, and could have been his career, early.  

    It was a low hit, but I know what TJ was trying to do.  He a 5'10 200lb DB trying to separate the ball from a HoF TE who is 6'5 260lbs.     

    This was TJ with Denver having a more clean tackle angle on Gronk who wasn't full speed down the seam.

    No extra commentary from Gronk himself.  Because he understood TJ wasn't being intentionally dirty when his knee went out the previous season.

    TJ's commentary afterwards.  

    https://www.nfl.com/news/t-j-ward-hit-on-patriots-rob-gronkowski-was-legal-0ap2000000295541

    Naturally, Patriots fans screamed "DIRTY" at the top of their lungs.  Just like most people are doing here.   

    I know most of you have never played DB, or at all for that matter, so I'd say maybe put aside the cult level think and wonder why no other former or current NFL players are all over twitter calling this dirty?   It isn't.  Bad form, a bit weak and a touch desperate (Let's be real, have you see DB's panic in the open field against Nick? Because I have) But I remembered watching TJ on his debut because our safety situation was SO damn bad back then.  Plus I liked his game when he was at Oregon.   I remember him cutting down a backside bounce on a strength gap run, and then on a TE screen as well.

    Thank God Youtube still has this sort of thing.

    First play is at 34 seconds on the backside bounce, the second play is at 1:16 mark.     

     You go into the top of the thigh pad, at an angle, heads up and generally you'll get two things -  The first being somebody trying to lower their leverage, and you'll still be lower than them.  Secondly, the top of your hat should hit the ball while you take their ability to generate any more forward momentum by having the ball carrier off his feet.   Taking the tires off, plain and simple.

     I'm wasting my time, and yes I know the history behind the Steelers. And yes, I do believe Harrison flirted the line between intense and dirty... often the latter.     But there was zero intention of hurting Nick here.    It's not possible for us to claim he is universally respected, including by Coach Tomlin, who calls him "Mr. Chubb" by the way, and then believe there is some grand conspiracy.      Was it good football? No.  Was it dirty? Also no.    Both can, and sadly are, very true.          We're all hurting for Nick.   To many of us, he embodies what we feel Browns football is.     But let's pull some heads out of asses here and think for a moment.  

    I'm a troll because I have a different opinion? Sounds like you're the one with a crappy attitude.

    Commentator was wearing a Steeler shirt and most people say things not to upset people, opinions aren't always genuine on there. I can see with my own eyes what happened. Looked cheap is all and no one not even Stefanski is going to tell me otherwise. If Fitz comes out and goes into detail then I may think differently. You guys want to look to commentators so you know what to think even though you seen it happen with your own eyes, have at it.

    Thanks for the video, looked exactly like what I was saying. In the open field it's different than when someone is about to go down with someone all over his back weighing him down. Also, trying to end someones career and just making a dirty hit are 2 different things, he didn't have to hit him in the knees and unfortunately he probably wasn't smart enough to realize the consequences that would follow. I'm all for good hits, just not petty cheap ones.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    The Steelers even rough the Browns up when they lose to them

    I'm just remembering back when James Harrison was handing out concussions to Browns players like he was Oprah "You get a concussion!, and you get a concussion!"

    giphy.gif.008ec2e406f0ee8327509b7147cb420a.gif

    And Antonio Brown kicking one of our players in the face and pretty much nothing being done about it.  The Browns need to grow a backbone and send one of their players home v.i.a. life flight in the next game.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Here is what I think. I believe that most NFL QBS can be neutralized with pressure. I also believe that as goes the QB, so goes your team.

    I think Tomlin sold out, went apeshit at Watson, and when Watson fizzled, the Steelers just smelled blood and didn't give a fuck about anything but smashing the shit out of Browns players

    Stefanski had no answer and added to the ass kicking by playing predictable football.

    I hate the fucking Steelers, but they are a different breed. We had far better talent, but they beat us down.

    I have no idea what happened Sunday and don't pretend to have an armchair answer, but the Browns were mugged. They were the victim in Grand Theft Auto.

    How the fuck do you lose to a mediocre team like this?

    Shit coaching with a shit , overrated QB who stunk to high hell...

  • Doctors are saying Chubb tore his MCL and his ACL was only stretched. The recovery should be 6-8 months and not career ending. Great news as many were saying this could have been 15 months and possibly career ending. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38471366/sources-browns-rb-nick-chubb-believed-only-torn-mcl

  • Doctors are saying Chubb tore his MCL and his ACL was only stretched. The recovery should be 6-8 months and not career ending. Great news as many were saying this could have been 15 months and possibly career ending. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38471366/sources-browns-rb-nick-chubb-believed-only-torn-mcl

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Doctors are saying Chubb tore his MCL and his ACL was only stretched. The recovery should be 6-8 months and not career ending. Great news as many were saying this could have been 15 months and possibly career ending. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38471366/sources-browns-rb-nick-chubb-believed-only-torn-mcl

    I thought earlier they they said he also had a meniscus tear too.

  • Doctors are saying Chubb tore his MCL and his ACL was only stretched. The recovery should be 6-8 months and not career ending. Great news as many were saying this could have been 15 months and possibly career ending. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38471366/sources-browns-rb-nick-chubb-believed-only-torn-mcl

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Doctors are saying Chubb tore his MCL and his ACL was only stretched. The recovery should be 6-8 months and not career ending. Great news as many were saying this could have been 15 months and possibly career ending. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38471366/sources-browns-rb-nick-chubb-believed-only-torn-mcl

    I saw it on the ticker at the bottom of the screen during the the Ohio state vs Notre Dame game. The last three years have less than good for me but that was the best news I've heard in awhile. I don't even care if he resumes his career, I'm just glad the young man isn't going to be crippled. Brought tears to my eyes, now we just have to hope they don't find any more damage during the surgery.

  • Doctors are saying Chubb tore his MCL and his ACL was only stretched. The recovery should be 6-8 months and not career ending. Great news as many were saying this could have been 15 months and possibly career ending. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38471366/sources-browns-rb-nick-chubb-believed-only-torn-mcl

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Doctors are saying Chubb tore his MCL and his ACL was only stretched. The recovery should be 6-8 months and not career ending. Great news as many were saying this could have been 15 months and possibly career ending. 

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38471366/sources-browns-rb-nick-chubb-believed-only-torn-mcl

    That's got to be about the best case scenario considering how horrific that injury looked. 

    Timeline would have him ready for training camp, 2024.