Watson's shoulder
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
I do not believe it was a hit.
I believe by preventing him from going to massage parlors he has injured his shoulder from having to jack off all day long.
Trust me, this is something I know a lot about.
I heard from MKC it's a rotator cuff either contusion or slight tear.
??
WSS
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
I do not believe it was a hit.
I believe by preventing him from going to massage parlors he has injured his shoulder from having to jack off all day long.
Trust me, this is something I know a lot about.
I heard from MKC it's a rotator cuff either contusion or slight tear.
??
WSS
I heard from MKC it's a rotator cuff either contusion or slight tear.
??
WSS
I heard that on the Daily Grossi Podcast yesterday...
-
Being reported that 4 Browns players didn’t practice today:
Watson
Bitonio
Njoku
Garrett
This Sunday might be a bloodbath.
-
@ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:
I do not believe it was a hit.
I believe by preventing him from going to massage parlors he has injured his shoulder from having to jack off all day long.
Trust me, this is something I know a lot about.
I heard from MKC it's a rotator cuff either contusion or slight tear.
??
WSS
I heard from MKC it's a rotator cuff either contusion or slight tear.
??
WSS
Either is not great for a potential starting quarterback, period.
A hangover from too much sideline-itis.
-
We're only a 6 point underdog? We'll be farther behind than that after the 1st 9'er drive.
I'll never understand paying 230 million and 3 first round draft picks for a QB, and not mandating that he not allow himself to take a hit. I would've had it written into his contract. If you knowingly take on defenders without sliding and get hurt, 75 million comes off your contract.
It's always been a QB driven league. Without a good one, your team is crap.
-
Up to +6.5 per FanDuel. Haven't checked my DK account, but likely the exact same.
-
MKC: Rotator Cuff Contusion can take 2-6 weeks to heal.
Watson was injured a week and a half ago.
Edit: Watson was injured two and a half weeks ago, when I originally wrote this Weds 10/11. Math is hard.
-
MKC: Rotator Cuff Contusion can take 2-6 weeks to heal.
Watson was injured a week and a half ago.
Edit: Watson was injured two and a half weeks ago, when I originally wrote this Weds 10/11. Math is hard.
MKC: Rotator Cuff Contusion can take 2-6 weeks to heal.
Watson was injured a week and a half ago.
OK, so it's pointless to put him in this week against the 49'ers. That puts us at 3 weeks for the Colts. 4 weeks for the Seahawks. 5 weeks for the Cardinals and 6 weeks for the Ravens. (I wanna see the x-rays)
-
We're only a 6 point underdog? We'll be farther behind than that after the 1st 9'er drive.
I'll never understand paying 230 million and 3 first round draft picks for a QB, and not mandating that he not allow himself to take a hit. I would've had it written into his contract. If you knowingly take on defenders without sliding and get hurt, 75 million comes off your contract.
It's always been a QB driven league. Without a good one, your team is crap.
We're only a 6 point underdog? We'll be farther behind than that after the 1st 9'er drive.
I'll never understand paying 230 million and 3 first round draft picks for a QB, and not mandating that he not allow himself to take a hit. I would've had it written into his contract. If you knowingly take on defenders without sliding and get hurt, 75 million comes off your contract.
It's always been a QB driven league. Without a good one, your team is crap.
Spot on. I wouldn't change a thing you wrote.
Having said that, the Browns would have been committing to a percentage of the player where fleet of foot created much of the previous success. Now, we're looking at re-wiring the player when we saw our 2 Offensive Tackles getting consistently beat at Pittsburgh. I guess what I'm saying is if they were going after Deshaun Watson to turn him into a stationary Bernie Kosar - I can think of 230 million reasons + 3 1st round draft picks why that's not advisable. This offensive design and coordination the QB has to trust and perform under led to Andrew Berry going on record with "I didn't draft Baker."
IF the Browns kept Baker only 1 more season and remained as bad as popular opinion said he would - the Browns could have been in position to DRAFT CJ Stroud. This means they probably would have drafted Bryce Young instead. Whatever guy they picked would have been at the mercy of the offensive brain trust here. This franchise serial kills young QB careers. Does anyone REALLY think this offensive brain trust is capable of taking the last player of an NFL draft (ie; Brock Purdy) and turning him into one of the most impressive QBs in the league within in his 1st 10-12 regular season starts without a loss? They're not nearly as organized or intelligent. Not even close. And they certainly don't have a FO that would keep a guy like Wills starting as a blindside tackle this long if they cared about QB health or time to throw.
There are QBs in this league where running the ball and breaking tackles is a big part of their game (Allen and Hurts) risky or not. Having said that - Philly has a kickass offensive line because - well, they know WHO they are. They have a philosophy as foundation instead of the Clevelandesque who are we today? Only 1 guy will be held accountable and it probably won't be up as high as the FO as usual. Sorry, just venting...
-
230 million baby. Just Imagine if we kept Baker and all them draft picks? We are now in year 1.5 of the DW era and I think it was a bad deal. How are we better than we were with Mayfield??? Honest question. Anyone think we are going to the playoffs this season??? If so...how??
-
230 million baby. Just Imagine if we kept Baker and all them draft picks? We are now in year 1.5 of the DW era and I think it was a bad deal. How are we better than we were with Mayfield??? Honest question. Anyone think we are going to the playoffs this season??? If so...how??
230 million baby. Just Imagine if we kept Baker and all them draft picks? We are now in year 1.5 of the DW era and I think it was a bad deal. How are we better than we were with Mayfield??? Honest question. Anyone think we are going to the playoffs this season??? If so...how??
Amazing , isn't it? It's funny watching all the DW4 knob swabbers afford DW all the excuses they wouldn't allow BM to have?.. Now no one here is saying Baker was/is Elite.. But isn't that what DW is supposed to be?... Elite? So far I'm not seeing it.. He's had bad games and a couple decent ones... It's like when someone comes back from a life changing period in life.. Stevie Ray Vaughan for example.. They just aren't the same.. The guitar sound didn't have the same searing nastiness it used to have.. It was a watered down sober version of Stevie.. I'm glad he sobered up... But he lost something... And I think the same has happened to Watson.. Now this injury?.. LMAOOOO!!!!!,,,,,, Atta boy Jimmuh! Keep the bean counters and the lazy happy and healthy....Or UN healthy!...
Maybe they'll give Kevvy a "Participation Award" for his tenure with the Browns
"Isnt Njoku quite the souldja now!! "
-
230 million baby. Just Imagine if we kept Baker and all them draft picks? We are now in year 1.5 of the DW era and I think it was a bad deal. How are we better than we were with Mayfield??? Honest question. Anyone think we are going to the playoffs this season??? If so...how??
230 million baby. Just Imagine if we kept Baker and all them draft picks? We are now in year 1.5 of the DW era and I think it was a bad deal. How are we better than we were with Mayfield??? Honest question. Anyone think we are going to the playoffs this season??? If so...how??
I was against this deal from day one, and was an obvious desperation move by the Browns FO.
If this deal doesn’t pan out, it will set this organization back 5 years and someone needs to get shit canned.
As a Browns fan I hope DW and Stefanski get their shit together…and soon.
-
230 million baby. Just Imagine if we kept Baker and all them draft picks? We are now in year 1.5 of the DW era and I think it was a bad deal. How are we better than we were with Mayfield??? Honest question. Anyone think we are going to the playoffs this season??? If so...how??
230 million baby. Just Imagine if we kept Baker and all them draft picks? We are now in year 1.5 of the DW era and I think it was a bad deal. How are we better than we were with Mayfield??? Honest question. Anyone think we are going to the playoffs this season??? If so...how??
True but did Watson hold a pistol to their head to make this happen? If I remember correctly, and maybe I don't, Watson narrowed his hopeful interested teams down to a couple that didn't include Cleveland.
People are choosing to hate the symptoms of a very bad ownership and FO far more than the very bad ownership and FO.
Andrew Berry declared "I didn't draft Baker Mayfield" before he played with the same injury Matt Hasselback had on the shoulder opposite of their throwing arms. Hasselbeck said that injury compromised his mechanics enough for the worst year of his career.
The FO cost themselves the opportunity of landing CJ Stroud in this year's draft by not sticking Baker back in this dumpster fire Depodesta and Stefanski called an offense. IMO, this is what people should be pissed off at more than Watson.
Does anyone REALLY think the last pick in the 2022 draft Brock Purdy would look any different here than DTR looked like vrs Baltimore? Instead, he's employed by a strong ownership, Great GM John Lynch and damn good HC Kyle Shanahan. It's the difference between night and day.
This is Jimmy Haslam's Cleveland Browns...
-
We're only a 6 point underdog? We'll be farther behind than that after the 1st 9'er drive.
I'll never understand paying 230 million and 3 first round draft picks for a QB, and not mandating that he not allow himself to take a hit. I would've had it written into his contract. If you knowingly take on defenders without sliding and get hurt, 75 million comes off your contract.
It's always been a QB driven league. Without a good one, your team is crap.
Spot on. I wouldn't change a thing you wrote.
Having said that, the Browns would have been committing to a percentage of the player where fleet of foot created much of the previous success. Now, we're looking at re-wiring the player when we saw our 2 Offensive Tackles getting consistently beat at Pittsburgh. I guess what I'm saying is if they were going after Deshaun Watson to turn him into a stationary Bernie Kosar - I can think of 230 million reasons + 3 1st round draft picks why that's not advisable. This offensive design and coordination the QB has to trust and perform under led to Andrew Berry going on record with "I didn't draft Baker."
IF the Browns kept Baker only 1 more season and remained as bad as popular opinion said he would - the Browns could have been in position to DRAFT CJ Stroud. This means they probably would have drafted Bryce Young instead. Whatever guy they picked would have been at the mercy of the offensive brain trust here. This franchise serial kills young QB careers. Does anyone REALLY think this offensive brain trust is capable of taking the last player of an NFL draft (ie; Brock Purdy) and turning him into one of the most impressive QBs in the league within in his 1st 10-12 regular season starts without a loss? They're not nearly as organized or intelligent. Not even close. And they certainly don't have a FO that would keep a guy like Wills starting as a blindside tackle this long if they cared about QB health or time to throw.
There are QBs in this league where running the ball and breaking tackles is a big part of their game (Allen and Hurts) risky or not. Having said that - Philly has a kickass offensive line because - well, they know WHO they are. They have a philosophy as foundation instead of the Clevelandesque who are we today? Only 1 guy will be held accountable and it probably won't be up as high as the FO as usual. Sorry, just venting...
we're looking at re-wiring the player when we saw our 2 Offensive Tackles getting consistently beat at Pittsburgh. I guess what I'm saying is if they were going after Deshaun Watson to turn him into a stationary Bernie Kosar - I can think of 230 million reasons + 3 1st round draft picks why that's not advisable.
True Dat.
In reality, I'm not saying that he can't run. A QB that can run is an advantage. I'm saying that he cannot take on tacklers. He HAS TO get down and slide. But nope, he's gotta do a Nick Chubb impersonation. It's just not smart.
-
And so begins the P.J. Walker era.
-
And so begins the P.J. Walker era.
And so begins the P.J. Walker era.
Picking up a new Bentley,.
-
Why can’t every week be like week 3
-
we're looking at re-wiring the player when we saw our 2 Offensive Tackles getting consistently beat at Pittsburgh. I guess what I'm saying is if they were going after Deshaun Watson to turn him into a stationary Bernie Kosar - I can think of 230 million reasons + 3 1st round draft picks why that's not advisable.
True Dat.
In reality, I'm not saying that he can't run. A QB that can run is an advantage. I'm saying that he cannot take on tacklers. He HAS TO get down and slide. But nope, he's gotta do a Nick Chubb impersonation. It's just not smart.
True Dat.
In reality, I'm not saying that he can't run. A QB that can run is an advantage. I'm saying that he cannot take on tacklers. He HAS TO get down and slide. But nope, he's gotta do a Nick Chubb impersonation. It's just not smart.
That stuff in bold above from you is a good clarification and it's pretty much where I thought you were on it. Yeah, I join you in not wanting to see him dip a shoulder and/or throw a flipper into defenders downfield. Sometimes I see Josh Allen and Jalen Hurts doing that stuff but they're bigger/stronger/more powerfully built and it looks like both of them are faster than Watson. Hurts won 3 powerlifting meets in the state of Texas when he was in high school and placed high in others. In saying that about both guys, they both have to be careful too. There's been concerns in Buffalo about how frequently Josh likes to run the ball.
When Joe Burrow or Patrick Mahomes have healthy ankles/calves - they're both very elusive and tough to sack. They're smart in how they avoid hits when they escape the pocket. I'd like Watson to be like that. It would be nice to see some bootleg waggle passes/runs for a mobile QB like Watson. Joe Gibbs LOVED the waggle pass when he had Theisman at QB and the Hogs up front. The key to setting up the QB bootlegs is the ideal play-action fakes from the QB who simultaneously hides the ball extremely well until he's outside the pocket with the option to run or throw. If he throws - that side or third of the field has 3 receivers. 1 about 10 yards deep, the next about 20 yards deep and the last about 30-40 yards deep. A receiver lining up on the other side of the formation does a post pattern. It gives the QB nice options. His biggest challenge would be perfecting the playaction which a full season of repetition in practice would make possible.
Anyway, I don't get the sense we have the brain trust to setup and run a competitive offense in the AFC North. Hopefully I'm wrong once again...
-
I honestly don't know, but how many games did Watson miss in Houston due to injury?
-
And so begins the P.J. Walker era.
Picking up a new Bentley,.
Picking up a new Bentley,.
That fricking sucks. I don't believe in curses but this is unbelievable, now that we have a SB calibre defense we lose our starting QB. No offense will start negatively impacting the defense. Not even sure if I'll watch any games with PJ or DTR starting.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

