Skip to content

Weed

Political Discussion
71 17 2.4k 1
  • One thing to consider if you have a medical MJ card in ohio (or smoke weed )The short answer is no. Despite Ohio's medical marijuana program and the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution's right to bear arms, having a medical card for marijuana makes it illegal to own, purchase, or possess a firearm or ammunition under federal law.

    You can actually get sent to prison if you do.  Just an FYI.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    One thing to consider if you have a medical MJ card in ohio (or smoke weed )The short answer is no. Despite Ohio's medical marijuana program and the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution's right to bear arms, having a medical card for marijuana makes it illegal to own, purchase, or possess a firearm or ammunition under federal law.

    You can actually get sent to prison if you do.  Just an FYI.

    Well that's stupid 

    I guarantee alcohol is 1000 times more likely to be an issues when combined with a gun

  • JaxJ Jax

    Making weed legal is a bad idea and is not progress. I'm 100% for medical weed.

    @jax said:

    Making weed legal is a bad idea and is not progress. I'm 100% for medical weed.

    So imagine you're trying to ban alcohol, right?

  • Alcohol is already legal, marijuana is not, 2 separate issues. However, if you want to have alcohol banned go at it. I can support one issue at a time.

  • As someone who used to smoke weed and drink alcohol, I don't see why anybody NEEDS to do any of that. I've been sober for quite some time and I can honestly say neither one has made my life "better". I'm voting NO, if you need weed go get a perscription. If could ban them both I would but that's not on the ballot.

  • Know the Risks of Marijuana

    Marijuana use comes with real risks that can impact a person’s health and life.
    • Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal substance in the U.S. and its use is growing. Marijuana use among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women is going up. At the same time, the perception of how harmful marijuana use can be is declining. Increasingly, young people today do not consider marijuana use a risky behavior.

      But there are real risks for people who use marijuana, especially youth and young adults, and women who are pregnant or nursing. Today’s marijuana is stronger than ever before. People can and do become addicted to marijuana.

      Approximately 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted. When they start before age 18, the rate of addiction rises to 1 in 6.

      Marijuana Risks

      Marijuana use can have negative and long-term effects:

      Brain iconBrain health: Marijuana can cause permanent IQ loss of as much as 8 points when people start using it at a young age. These IQ points do not come back, even after quitting marijuana.

      Gears iconMental health: Studies link marijuana use to depression, anxiety, suicide planning, and psychotic episodes. It is not known, however, if marijuana use is the cause of these conditions.

      Bicycle iconAthletic Performance: Research shows that marijuana affects timing, movement, and coordination, which can harm athletic performance.

      Driving signDriving: People who drive under the influence of marijuana can experience dangerous effects: slower reactions, lane weaving, decreased coordination, and difficulty reacting to signals and sounds on the road.

      Baby carriage iconBaby’s health and development: Marijuana use during pregnancy may cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillbirth, and problems with brain development, resulting in hyperactivity and poor cognitive function. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other chemicals from marijuana can also be passed from a mother to her baby through breast milk, further impacting a child’s healthy development.

      Arrow iconDaily life: Using marijuana can affect performance and how well people do in life. Research shows that people who use marijuana are more likely to have relationship problems, worse educational outcomes, lower career achievement, and reduced life satisfaction.

      Banners

      Landing Banners

       
      Learn About Marijuana Risks Banner

      Main page content

       

      Know the Risks of Marijuana
       
      Marijuana use comes with real risks that can impact a person’s health and life.
      • Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal substance in the U.S. and its use is growing. Marijuana use among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women is going up. At the same time, the perception of how harmful marijuana use can be is declining. Increasingly, young people today do not consider marijuana use a risky behavior.

        But there are real risks for people who use marijuana, especially youth and young adults, and women who are pregnant or nursing. Today’s marijuana is stronger than ever before. People can and do become addicted to marijuana.

        Approximately 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted. When they start before age 18, the rate of addiction rises to 1 in 6.

        Marijuana Risks

        Marijuana use can have negative and long-term effects:

        Brain iconBrain health: Marijuana can cause permanent IQ loss of as much as 8 points when people start using it at a young age. These IQ points do not come back, even after quitting marijuana.

        Gears iconMental health: Studies link marijuana use to depression, anxiety, suicide planning, and psychotic episodes. It is not known, however, if marijuana use is the cause of these conditions.

        Bicycle iconAthletic Performance: Research shows that marijuana affects timing, movement, and coordination, which can harm athletic performance.

        Driving signDriving: People who drive under the influence of marijuana can experience dangerous effects: slower reactions, lane weaving, decreased coordination, and difficulty reacting to signals and sounds on the road.

        Baby carriage iconBaby’s health and development: Marijuana use during pregnancy may cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillbirth, and problems with brain development, resulting in hyperactivity and poor cognitive function. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other chemicals from marijuana can also be passed from a mother to her baby through breast milk, further impacting a child’s healthy development.

        Arrow iconDaily life: Using marijuana can affect performance and how well people do in life. Research shows that people who use marijuana are more likely to have relationship problems, worse educational outcomes, lower career achievement, and reduced life satisfaction.

      •  

        Marijuana and Pregnancy

        marijuana and pregnancy

        Marijuana use during pregnancy can be harmful to a baby’s health and cause many serious problems.

        Learn more
      •  

        What is Your Marijuana IQ?

        IQ Quiz

        How much do you really want to know about the risks of marijuana? You might be surprised.

        Take the Quiz
      • Marijuana Addiction

        Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is addictive. Research shows that:

        • 1-in-6 people who start using the drug before the age of 18 can become addicted.
        • 1-in-10 adults who use the drug can become addicted.

        Over the past few decades, the amount of THC in marijuana has steadily climbed; today's marijuana has three times the concentration of THC compared to 25 years ago. The higher the THC amount, the stronger the effects on the brain—likely contributing to increased rates of marijuana-related emergency room visits. While there is no research yet on how higher potency affects the long-term risks of marijuana use, more THC is likely to lead to higher rates of dependency and addiction.

        About Marijuana

        Marijuana refers to the dried leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds from the Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica plant. Marijuana is a psychoactive drug that contains close to 500 chemicals, including THC, a mind-altering compound that causes harmful health effects.

        People smoke marijuana in hand-rolled cigarettes, in pipes or water pipes, in blunts, and by using vaporizers that pull THC from the marijuana. Marijuana can also be mixed in food (edibles), such as brownies, cookies, and candy, or brewed as a tea. People also smoke or eat different forms of marijuana extracts, which deliver a large amount of THC and can be potentially more dangerous.

        Rise of Marijuana Use

        Today, marijuana use is on the rise among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women. People ages 18-25 have the highest rate of use.

        Marijuana and THC remain illegal at the federal level, even though many states have legalized its use. In states where legal, marijuana is a fast-growing industry with sales to individuals over 21 in retail stores, wineries, breweries, coffee shops, dispensaries, online, as well as grown at home.

        Know the Negative Effects and Risks of Marijuana Use | SAMHSA

  • Know the Risks of Marijuana

    Marijuana use comes with real risks that can impact a person’s health and life.
    • Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal substance in the U.S. and its use is growing. Marijuana use among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women is going up. At the same time, the perception of how harmful marijuana use can be is declining. Increasingly, young people today do not consider marijuana use a risky behavior.

      But there are real risks for people who use marijuana, especially youth and young adults, and women who are pregnant or nursing. Today’s marijuana is stronger than ever before. People can and do become addicted to marijuana.

      Approximately 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted. When they start before age 18, the rate of addiction rises to 1 in 6.

      Marijuana Risks

      Marijuana use can have negative and long-term effects:

      Brain iconBrain health: Marijuana can cause permanent IQ loss of as much as 8 points when people start using it at a young age. These IQ points do not come back, even after quitting marijuana.

      Gears iconMental health: Studies link marijuana use to depression, anxiety, suicide planning, and psychotic episodes. It is not known, however, if marijuana use is the cause of these conditions.

      Bicycle iconAthletic Performance: Research shows that marijuana affects timing, movement, and coordination, which can harm athletic performance.

      Driving signDriving: People who drive under the influence of marijuana can experience dangerous effects: slower reactions, lane weaving, decreased coordination, and difficulty reacting to signals and sounds on the road.

      Baby carriage iconBaby’s health and development: Marijuana use during pregnancy may cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillbirth, and problems with brain development, resulting in hyperactivity and poor cognitive function. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other chemicals from marijuana can also be passed from a mother to her baby through breast milk, further impacting a child’s healthy development.

      Arrow iconDaily life: Using marijuana can affect performance and how well people do in life. Research shows that people who use marijuana are more likely to have relationship problems, worse educational outcomes, lower career achievement, and reduced life satisfaction.

      Banners

      Landing Banners

       
      Learn About Marijuana Risks Banner

      Main page content

       

      Know the Risks of Marijuana
       
      Marijuana use comes with real risks that can impact a person’s health and life.
      • Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal substance in the U.S. and its use is growing. Marijuana use among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women is going up. At the same time, the perception of how harmful marijuana use can be is declining. Increasingly, young people today do not consider marijuana use a risky behavior.

        But there are real risks for people who use marijuana, especially youth and young adults, and women who are pregnant or nursing. Today’s marijuana is stronger than ever before. People can and do become addicted to marijuana.

        Approximately 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted. When they start before age 18, the rate of addiction rises to 1 in 6.

        Marijuana Risks

        Marijuana use can have negative and long-term effects:

        Brain iconBrain health: Marijuana can cause permanent IQ loss of as much as 8 points when people start using it at a young age. These IQ points do not come back, even after quitting marijuana.

        Gears iconMental health: Studies link marijuana use to depression, anxiety, suicide planning, and psychotic episodes. It is not known, however, if marijuana use is the cause of these conditions.

        Bicycle iconAthletic Performance: Research shows that marijuana affects timing, movement, and coordination, which can harm athletic performance.

        Driving signDriving: People who drive under the influence of marijuana can experience dangerous effects: slower reactions, lane weaving, decreased coordination, and difficulty reacting to signals and sounds on the road.

        Baby carriage iconBaby’s health and development: Marijuana use during pregnancy may cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillbirth, and problems with brain development, resulting in hyperactivity and poor cognitive function. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other chemicals from marijuana can also be passed from a mother to her baby through breast milk, further impacting a child’s healthy development.

        Arrow iconDaily life: Using marijuana can affect performance and how well people do in life. Research shows that people who use marijuana are more likely to have relationship problems, worse educational outcomes, lower career achievement, and reduced life satisfaction.

      •  

        Marijuana and Pregnancy

        marijuana and pregnancy

        Marijuana use during pregnancy can be harmful to a baby’s health and cause many serious problems.

        Learn more
      •  

        What is Your Marijuana IQ?

        IQ Quiz

        How much do you really want to know about the risks of marijuana? You might be surprised.

        Take the Quiz
      • Marijuana Addiction

        Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is addictive. Research shows that:

        • 1-in-6 people who start using the drug before the age of 18 can become addicted.
        • 1-in-10 adults who use the drug can become addicted.

        Over the past few decades, the amount of THC in marijuana has steadily climbed; today's marijuana has three times the concentration of THC compared to 25 years ago. The higher the THC amount, the stronger the effects on the brain—likely contributing to increased rates of marijuana-related emergency room visits. While there is no research yet on how higher potency affects the long-term risks of marijuana use, more THC is likely to lead to higher rates of dependency and addiction.

        About Marijuana

        Marijuana refers to the dried leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds from the Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica plant. Marijuana is a psychoactive drug that contains close to 500 chemicals, including THC, a mind-altering compound that causes harmful health effects.

        People smoke marijuana in hand-rolled cigarettes, in pipes or water pipes, in blunts, and by using vaporizers that pull THC from the marijuana. Marijuana can also be mixed in food (edibles), such as brownies, cookies, and candy, or brewed as a tea. People also smoke or eat different forms of marijuana extracts, which deliver a large amount of THC and can be potentially more dangerous.

        Rise of Marijuana Use

        Today, marijuana use is on the rise among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women. People ages 18-25 have the highest rate of use.

        Marijuana and THC remain illegal at the federal level, even though many states have legalized its use. In states where legal, marijuana is a fast-growing industry with sales to individuals over 21 in retail stores, wineries, breweries, coffee shops, dispensaries, online, as well as grown at home.

        Know the Negative Effects and Risks of Marijuana Use | SAMHSA

    @vambo said:

    Know the Risks of Marijuana

    Marijuana use comes with real risks that can impact a person’s health and life.
    • Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal substance in the U.S. and its use is growing. Marijuana use among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women is going up. At the same time, the perception of how harmful marijuana use can be is declining. Increasingly, young people today do not consider marijuana use a risky behavior.

      But there are real risks for people who use marijuana, especially youth and young adults, and women who are pregnant or nursing. Today’s marijuana is stronger than ever before. People can and do become addicted to marijuana.

      Approximately 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted. When they start before age 18, the rate of addiction rises to 1 in 6.

      Marijuana Risks

      Marijuana use can have negative and long-term effects:

      Brain iconBrain health: Marijuana can cause permanent IQ loss of as much as 8 points when people start using it at a young age. These IQ points do not come back, even after quitting marijuana.

      Gears iconMental health: Studies link marijuana use to depression, anxiety, suicide planning, and psychotic episodes. It is not known, however, if marijuana use is the cause of these conditions.

      Bicycle iconAthletic Performance: Research shows that marijuana affects timing, movement, and coordination, which can harm athletic performance.

      Driving signDriving: People who drive under the influence of marijuana can experience dangerous effects: slower reactions, lane weaving, decreased coordination, and difficulty reacting to signals and sounds on the road.

      Baby carriage iconBaby’s health and development: Marijuana use during pregnancy may cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillbirth, and problems with brain development, resulting in hyperactivity and poor cognitive function. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other chemicals from marijuana can also be passed from a mother to her baby through breast milk, further impacting a child’s healthy development.

      Arrow iconDaily life: Using marijuana can affect performance and how well people do in life. Research shows that people who use marijuana are more likely to have relationship problems, worse educational outcomes, lower career achievement, and reduced life satisfaction.

      Banners

      Landing Banners

       
      Learn About Marijuana Risks Banner

      Main page content

       

      Know the Risks of Marijuana
       
      Marijuana use comes with real risks that can impact a person’s health and life.
      • Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal substance in the U.S. and its use is growing. Marijuana use among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women is going up. At the same time, the perception of how harmful marijuana use can be is declining. Increasingly, young people today do not consider marijuana use a risky behavior.

        But there are real risks for people who use marijuana, especially youth and young adults, and women who are pregnant or nursing. Today’s marijuana is stronger than ever before. People can and do become addicted to marijuana.

        Approximately 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted. When they start before age 18, the rate of addiction rises to 1 in 6.

        Marijuana Risks

        Marijuana use can have negative and long-term effects:

        Brain iconBrain health: Marijuana can cause permanent IQ loss of as much as 8 points when people start using it at a young age. These IQ points do not come back, even after quitting marijuana.

        Gears iconMental health: Studies link marijuana use to depression, anxiety, suicide planning, and psychotic episodes. It is not known, however, if marijuana use is the cause of these conditions.

        Bicycle iconAthletic Performance: Research shows that marijuana affects timing, movement, and coordination, which can harm athletic performance.

        Driving signDriving: People who drive under the influence of marijuana can experience dangerous effects: slower reactions, lane weaving, decreased coordination, and difficulty reacting to signals and sounds on the road.

        Baby carriage iconBaby’s health and development: Marijuana use during pregnancy may cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillbirth, and problems with brain development, resulting in hyperactivity and poor cognitive function. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other chemicals from marijuana can also be passed from a mother to her baby through breast milk, further impacting a child’s healthy development.

        Arrow iconDaily life: Using marijuana can affect performance and how well people do in life. Research shows that people who use marijuana are more likely to have relationship problems, worse educational outcomes, lower career achievement, and reduced life satisfaction.

      •  

        Marijuana and Pregnancy

        marijuana and pregnancy

        Marijuana use during pregnancy can be harmful to a baby’s health and cause many serious problems.

        Learn more
      •  

        What is Your Marijuana IQ?

        IQ Quiz

        How much do you really want to know about the risks of marijuana? You might be surprised.

        Take the Quiz
      • Marijuana Addiction

        Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is addictive. Research shows that:

        • 1-in-6 people who start using the drug before the age of 18 can become addicted.
        • 1-in-10 adults who use the drug can become addicted.

        Over the past few decades, the amount of THC in marijuana has steadily climbed; today's marijuana has three times the concentration of THC compared to 25 years ago. The higher the THC amount, the stronger the effects on the brain—likely contributing to increased rates of marijuana-related emergency room visits. While there is no research yet on how higher potency affects the long-term risks of marijuana use, more THC is likely to lead to higher rates of dependency and addiction.

        About Marijuana

        Marijuana refers to the dried leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds from the Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica plant. Marijuana is a psychoactive drug that contains close to 500 chemicals, including THC, a mind-altering compound that causes harmful health effects.

        People smoke marijuana in hand-rolled cigarettes, in pipes or water pipes, in blunts, and by using vaporizers that pull THC from the marijuana. Marijuana can also be mixed in food (edibles), such as brownies, cookies, and candy, or brewed as a tea. People also smoke or eat different forms of marijuana extracts, which deliver a large amount of THC and can be potentially more dangerous.

        Rise of Marijuana Use

        Today, marijuana use is on the rise among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women. People ages 18-25 have the highest rate of use.

        Marijuana and THC remain illegal at the federal level, even though many states have legalized its use. In states where legal, marijuana is a fast-growing industry with sales to individuals over 21 in retail stores, wineries, breweries, coffee shops, dispensaries, online, as well as grown at home.

        Know the Negative Effects and Risks of Marijuana Use | SAMHSA

    Bullshit!!

  • JaxJ Jax

    Alcohol is already legal, marijuana is not, 2 separate issues. However, if you want to have alcohol banned go at it. I can support one issue at a time.

    @jax said:

    Alcohol is already legal, marijuana is not, 2 separate issues. However, if you want to have alcohol banned go at it. I can support one issue at a time.

    Why should weed be illegal? Because it isn't legal

    Why should alcohol be legal? Because it isn't illegal

    Great no argument. Either you actually support banning alcohol like you do weed or you're ignorant/disingenuous 

  • N Neo

    As someone who used to smoke weed and drink alcohol, I don't see why anybody NEEDS to do any of that. I've been sober for quite some time and I can honestly say neither one has made my life "better". I'm voting NO, if you need weed go get a perscription. If could ban them both I would but that's not on the ballot.

    @neo said:

    As someone who used to smoke weed and drink alcohol, I don't see why anybody NEEDS to do any of that. I've been sober for quite some time and I can honestly say neither one has made my life "better". I'm voting NO, if you need weed go get a perscription. If could ban them both I would but that's not on the ballot.

    Why not let other people reach the same decision you did? 

    Or maybe other people find it helpful in moderation. Why do you  get to take that from them?

  • @neo said:

    As someone who used to smoke weed and drink alcohol, I don't see why anybody NEEDS to do any of that. I've been sober for quite some time and I can honestly say neither one has made my life "better". I'm voting NO, if you need weed go get a perscription. If could ban them both I would but that's not on the ballot.

    Why not let other people reach the same decision you did? 

    Or maybe other people find it helpful in moderation. Why do you  get to take that from them?

    @mld-woody said:

    Or maybe other people find it helpful in moderation

    I actually agree with you to a point. But when you're talking about moderation, that's just it. Americans don't know what moderation is. Every person I knew who did the same things I did was either a full blown alcoholic or a pothead, or both. I considered myself a social drinker and smoker but even then there were times where I just went away too far.

    My neighbors who I'm not on good terms with, smoke pot from dawn to dusk. Every time I walk past their house I can smell the stench of weed in the air. Cars always come and go all hours of the day and night and don't stay for more than a few minutes. There's always a bunch of strange people coming and going. They walk out hand the person something and they hand them something back.

    Not to mention the unwanted traffic it brings, these people are "OUT THERE" if you know what I mean. They don't understand simple things. Example. These people have a garage where the bay door is broken and they just leaned a couple pieces of plywood not secured or the opening, but he also went through the trouble to install a deadbolt on the man door that he makes sure that it's locked even though you can just move the plywood and walk right in. Point is if you smoke weed from dawn to dusk it's going to melt your brain.

  • @vambo said:

    Know the Risks of Marijuana

    Marijuana use comes with real risks that can impact a person’s health and life.
    • Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal substance in the U.S. and its use is growing. Marijuana use among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women is going up. At the same time, the perception of how harmful marijuana use can be is declining. Increasingly, young people today do not consider marijuana use a risky behavior.

      But there are real risks for people who use marijuana, especially youth and young adults, and women who are pregnant or nursing. Today’s marijuana is stronger than ever before. People can and do become addicted to marijuana.

      Approximately 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted. When they start before age 18, the rate of addiction rises to 1 in 6.

      Marijuana Risks

      Marijuana use can have negative and long-term effects:

      Brain iconBrain health: Marijuana can cause permanent IQ loss of as much as 8 points when people start using it at a young age. These IQ points do not come back, even after quitting marijuana.

      Gears iconMental health: Studies link marijuana use to depression, anxiety, suicide planning, and psychotic episodes. It is not known, however, if marijuana use is the cause of these conditions.

      Bicycle iconAthletic Performance: Research shows that marijuana affects timing, movement, and coordination, which can harm athletic performance.

      Driving signDriving: People who drive under the influence of marijuana can experience dangerous effects: slower reactions, lane weaving, decreased coordination, and difficulty reacting to signals and sounds on the road.

      Baby carriage iconBaby’s health and development: Marijuana use during pregnancy may cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillbirth, and problems with brain development, resulting in hyperactivity and poor cognitive function. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other chemicals from marijuana can also be passed from a mother to her baby through breast milk, further impacting a child’s healthy development.

      Arrow iconDaily life: Using marijuana can affect performance and how well people do in life. Research shows that people who use marijuana are more likely to have relationship problems, worse educational outcomes, lower career achievement, and reduced life satisfaction.

      Banners

      Landing Banners

       
      Learn About Marijuana Risks Banner

      Main page content

       

      Know the Risks of Marijuana
       
      Marijuana use comes with real risks that can impact a person’s health and life.
      • Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal substance in the U.S. and its use is growing. Marijuana use among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women is going up. At the same time, the perception of how harmful marijuana use can be is declining. Increasingly, young people today do not consider marijuana use a risky behavior.

        But there are real risks for people who use marijuana, especially youth and young adults, and women who are pregnant or nursing. Today’s marijuana is stronger than ever before. People can and do become addicted to marijuana.

        Approximately 1 in 10 people who use marijuana will become addicted. When they start before age 18, the rate of addiction rises to 1 in 6.

        Marijuana Risks

        Marijuana use can have negative and long-term effects:

        Brain iconBrain health: Marijuana can cause permanent IQ loss of as much as 8 points when people start using it at a young age. These IQ points do not come back, even after quitting marijuana.

        Gears iconMental health: Studies link marijuana use to depression, anxiety, suicide planning, and psychotic episodes. It is not known, however, if marijuana use is the cause of these conditions.

        Bicycle iconAthletic Performance: Research shows that marijuana affects timing, movement, and coordination, which can harm athletic performance.

        Driving signDriving: People who drive under the influence of marijuana can experience dangerous effects: slower reactions, lane weaving, decreased coordination, and difficulty reacting to signals and sounds on the road.

        Baby carriage iconBaby’s health and development: Marijuana use during pregnancy may cause fetal growth restriction, premature birth, stillbirth, and problems with brain development, resulting in hyperactivity and poor cognitive function. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other chemicals from marijuana can also be passed from a mother to her baby through breast milk, further impacting a child’s healthy development.

        Arrow iconDaily life: Using marijuana can affect performance and how well people do in life. Research shows that people who use marijuana are more likely to have relationship problems, worse educational outcomes, lower career achievement, and reduced life satisfaction.

      •  

        Marijuana and Pregnancy

        marijuana and pregnancy

        Marijuana use during pregnancy can be harmful to a baby’s health and cause many serious problems.

        Learn more
      •  

        What is Your Marijuana IQ?

        IQ Quiz

        How much do you really want to know about the risks of marijuana? You might be surprised.

        Take the Quiz
      • Marijuana Addiction

        Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is addictive. Research shows that:

        • 1-in-6 people who start using the drug before the age of 18 can become addicted.
        • 1-in-10 adults who use the drug can become addicted.

        Over the past few decades, the amount of THC in marijuana has steadily climbed; today's marijuana has three times the concentration of THC compared to 25 years ago. The higher the THC amount, the stronger the effects on the brain—likely contributing to increased rates of marijuana-related emergency room visits. While there is no research yet on how higher potency affects the long-term risks of marijuana use, more THC is likely to lead to higher rates of dependency and addiction.

        About Marijuana

        Marijuana refers to the dried leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds from the Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica plant. Marijuana is a psychoactive drug that contains close to 500 chemicals, including THC, a mind-altering compound that causes harmful health effects.

        People smoke marijuana in hand-rolled cigarettes, in pipes or water pipes, in blunts, and by using vaporizers that pull THC from the marijuana. Marijuana can also be mixed in food (edibles), such as brownies, cookies, and candy, or brewed as a tea. People also smoke or eat different forms of marijuana extracts, which deliver a large amount of THC and can be potentially more dangerous.

        Rise of Marijuana Use

        Today, marijuana use is on the rise among all adult age groups, both sexes, and pregnant women. People ages 18-25 have the highest rate of use.

        Marijuana and THC remain illegal at the federal level, even though many states have legalized its use. In states where legal, marijuana is a fast-growing industry with sales to individuals over 21 in retail stores, wineries, breweries, coffee shops, dispensaries, online, as well as grown at home.

        Know the Negative Effects and Risks of Marijuana Use | SAMHSA

    Bullshit!!

    @nickers said:

    Bullshit!!

    Why?

  • @nickers said:

    Bullshit!!

    Why?

    @vambo said:

    Why?

    Because I Don't believe in all of the negative press and misinformation spewed... And in fact... The late great Dr.Carl Sagan was an avid pot smoker and lover of Blues and Jazz music... I highly doubt he lost many brain cells along the way.. He was one of the greatest and most respected minds of our modern times.. I call bullshit ...

  • @jax said:

    Alcohol is already legal, marijuana is not, 2 separate issues. However, if you want to have alcohol banned go at it. I can support one issue at a time.

    Why should weed be illegal? Because it isn't legal

    Why should alcohol be legal? Because it isn't illegal

    Great no argument. Either you actually support banning alcohol like you do weed or you're ignorant/disingenuous 

    @mld-woody said:

    Why should weed be illegal? Because it isn't legal

    Why should alcohol be legal? Because it isn't illegal

    Great no argument. Either you actually support banning alcohol like you do weed or you're ignorant/disingenuous 

    What's your take genius? Weed should be legal because alcohol is?

    I didn't give you a take on whether I support banning alcohol and it's not up for debate so what the fuck are you rambling on about?

    I also didn't give an actual reason on why I think it should remain illegal, my explanation was to inform you that I could support one issue without tying into another, comprehend?

  • JaxJ Jax

    @mld-woody said:

    Why should weed be illegal? Because it isn't legal

    Why should alcohol be legal? Because it isn't illegal

    Great no argument. Either you actually support banning alcohol like you do weed or you're ignorant/disingenuous 

    What's your take genius? Weed should be legal because alcohol is?

    I didn't give you a take on whether I support banning alcohol and it's not up for debate so what the fuck are you rambling on about?

    I also didn't give an actual reason on why I think it should remain illegal, my explanation was to inform you that I could support one issue without tying into another, comprehend?

    @jax said:

    What's your take genius? Weed should be legal because alcohol is?

    I didn't give you a take on whether I support banning alcohol and it's not up for debate so what the fuck are you rambling on about?

    I also didn't give an actual reason on why I think it should remain illegal, my explanation was to inform you that I could support one issue without tying into another, comprehend?

    Weed fucked him up.....

  • JaxJ Jax

    @mld-woody said:

    Why should weed be illegal? Because it isn't legal

    Why should alcohol be legal? Because it isn't illegal

    Great no argument. Either you actually support banning alcohol like you do weed or you're ignorant/disingenuous 

    What's your take genius? Weed should be legal because alcohol is?

    I didn't give you a take on whether I support banning alcohol and it's not up for debate so what the fuck are you rambling on about?

    I also didn't give an actual reason on why I think it should remain illegal, my explanation was to inform you that I could support one issue without tying into another, comprehend?

    @jax said:

    What's your take genius? Weed should be legal because alcohol is?

    I didn't give you a take on whether I support banning alcohol and it's not up for debate so what the fuck are you rambling on about?

    I also didn't give an actual reason on why I think it should remain illegal, my explanation was to inform you that I could support one issue without tying into another, comprehend?

    They're very much linked

    But then why do you think weed should be illegal?

  • One thing to consider if you have a medical MJ card in ohio (or smoke weed )The short answer is no. Despite Ohio's medical marijuana program and the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution's right to bear arms, having a medical card for marijuana makes it illegal to own, purchase, or possess a firearm or ammunition under federal law.

    You can actually get sent to prison if you do.  Just an FYI.

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    One thing to consider if you have a medical MJ card in ohio (or smoke weed )The short answer is no. Despite Ohio's medical marijuana program and the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution's right to bear arms, having a medical card for marijuana makes it illegal to own, purchase, or possess a firearm or ammunition under federal law.

    You can actually get sent to prison if you do.  Just an FYI.

    I believe you're referring to 18 U.S. Code § 922(g)(3). This just recently got overturned by the 5th Circuit Court:

    Reason: 5th Circuit Says Prosecuting a Cannabis Consumer for Possessing Guns Violated the Second Amendment

    This pro-2nd Amendment lawyer does a good breakdown of the case and its implications: 

    The 5th Circuit Court ruled that prohibiting individuals who use cannabis from owning or possessing firearms violated the 2nd Amendment and is unconstitutional. And if the government appeals this case to the US Supreme Court, it is likely that the Court will uphold the ruling of it being unconstitutional.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    What are you talking about? The worst thing you could buy in a dispensary is 1000x as potent as the crap you used to buy from some stoner in the 70s.

    Yeah but its weak compared to what I normally access... I've been tokin' since the 70's

    @nickers said:

    Yeah but its weak compared to what I normally access... I've been tokin' since the 70's

    It just sounds like your tolerance is extremely high.

  • N Neo

    @mld-woody said:

    Or maybe other people find it helpful in moderation

    I actually agree with you to a point. But when you're talking about moderation, that's just it. Americans don't know what moderation is. Every person I knew who did the same things I did was either a full blown alcoholic or a pothead, or both. I considered myself a social drinker and smoker but even then there were times where I just went away too far.

    My neighbors who I'm not on good terms with, smoke pot from dawn to dusk. Every time I walk past their house I can smell the stench of weed in the air. Cars always come and go all hours of the day and night and don't stay for more than a few minutes. There's always a bunch of strange people coming and going. They walk out hand the person something and they hand them something back.

    Not to mention the unwanted traffic it brings, these people are "OUT THERE" if you know what I mean. They don't understand simple things. Example. These people have a garage where the bay door is broken and they just leaned a couple pieces of plywood not secured or the opening, but he also went through the trouble to install a deadbolt on the man door that he makes sure that it's locked even though you can just move the plywood and walk right in. Point is if you smoke weed from dawn to dusk it's going to melt your brain.

    @neo said:

    I actually agree with you to a point. But when you're talking about moderation, that's just it. Americans don't know what moderation is. Every person I knew who did the same things I did was either a full blown alcoholic or a pothead, or both. I considered myself a social drinker and smoker but even then there were times where I just went away too far.

  • @nickers said:

    Yeah but its weak compared to what I normally access... I've been tokin' since the 70's

    It just sounds like your tolerance is extremely high.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    It just sounds like your tolerance is extremely high.

    It varies depending on use... I don't always have it..

  • Again, not really my issue but I'm wondering if some of the big advocates of legalizing weed understand that, unless I'm completely misunderstanding, it's not going to be Cheech and Chong selling it to you. It's going to be a handful of hand picked corporate entities given licenses probably for political favor. And somebody is going to be raking in the money for a product that's as easy to produce as grass clippings after you mow the lawn.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    It's going to be a handful of hand picked corporate entities given licenses probably for political favor. And somebody is going to be raking in the money for a product that's as easy to produce as grass clippings after you mow the lawn.

    WSS

    We voted against that in 2015. The number of legal permits to sell for that vote was something ridiculous like 12, if I recall. I skimmed through the text and couldn't find any specifics on what the initial limits will be other than "up to forty additional [licenses for cultivators]" and "up to fifty additional [licenses for distributors]." That sounds like a reasonable starting point. 

    Economically, it doesn't make sense to let all this money being spent on weed go to Michigan or Illinois, when we could offer the same services here. From a public safety perspective, I'm in agreement that legalization will lead to an increase in auto accidents and deaths, it's bad for brain development, it can cause long-term appetite/sleep issues. From a cynical woke bullshit perspective, I think the requirement for dispensaries and cultivators to be distributed in an "equitable" fashion will mean that these things will probably be most likely to pop up between hood liquor stores, pawn shops, and gun stores, and I don't think it will in any way improve our state's worst-off communities. 

    All said, I'm probably going to abstain on this one. Yes on 2 is going to win in a landslide. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    It's going to be a handful of hand picked corporate entities given licenses probably for political favor. And somebody is going to be raking in the money for a product that's as easy to produce as grass clippings after you mow the lawn.

    WSS

    We voted against that in 2015. The number of legal permits to sell for that vote was something ridiculous like 12, if I recall. I skimmed through the text and couldn't find any specifics on what the initial limits will be other than "up to forty additional [licenses for cultivators]" and "up to fifty additional [licenses for distributors]." That sounds like a reasonable starting point. 

    Economically, it doesn't make sense to let all this money being spent on weed go to Michigan or Illinois, when we could offer the same services here. From a public safety perspective, I'm in agreement that legalization will lead to an increase in auto accidents and deaths, it's bad for brain development, it can cause long-term appetite/sleep issues. From a cynical woke bullshit perspective, I think the requirement for dispensaries and cultivators to be distributed in an "equitable" fashion will mean that these things will probably be most likely to pop up between hood liquor stores, pawn shops, and gun stores, and I don't think it will in any way improve our state's worst-off communities. 

    All said, I'm probably going to abstain on this one. Yes on 2 is going to win in a landslide. 

    @vaportrail said:

    We voted against that in 2015. The number of legal permits to sell for that vote was something ridiculous like 12, if I recall. I skimmed through the text and couldn't find any specifics on what the initial limits will be other than "up to forty additional [licenses for cultivators]" and "up to fifty additional [licenses for distributors]." That sounds like a reasonable starting point. 

    Economically, it doesn't make sense to let all this money being spent on weed go to Michigan or Illinois, when we could offer the same services here. From a public safety perspective, I'm in agreement that legalization will lead to an increase in auto accidents and deaths, it's bad for brain development, it can cause long-term appetite/sleep issues. From a cynical woke bullshit perspective, I think the requirement for dispensaries and cultivators to be distributed in an "equitable" fashion will mean that these things will probably be most likely to pop up between hood liquor stores, pawn shops, and gun stores, and I don't think it will in any way improve our state's worst-off communities. 

    All said, I'm probably going to abstain on this one. Yes on 2 is going to win in a landslide. 

    I'm pretty much on the same page. I don't care about weed I just don't like having to work with guys that smoke it merely because it makes them stupid and they forget their parts. Same thing if a guy is drunk at the entire practice. But yes, it's going to pass with or without my vote. That's without any convoluted moral angles. Are we better off as Society with more and more ways for people to stay fucked up more and more of the time? And in the case of cigarettes sure, they're dangerous, but look at the money we make. And if I can't judge somebody's reaction to chronic pain how can I tell him that I'm doing him a favor by not allowing to have all the oxy he wants? But I digress. ?

    WSS