Skip to content

● Official ?  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE 12 -at- DEN 29 ● What a letdown ● Nov. 26.  "L"

The Browns Board
368 31 9.6k 1
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    I really like Eds in these pre-mid-post game shows.   He's actually pretty funny and doesn't sugar coat things.   But I've also met him and he was a mega douche.   So... I'm conflicted.  

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    Have to live with the good and bad with DTR. That 3rd down was an excellent example of youth and poor decision making. Obviously one of our guys ran the wrong route, but Cooper was open in the slot and it's probably a TD, or 4th and goal from inches away. Instead, DTR throws the lowest percentage pass in the NFL's red zone. Just a terrible read, but he'll learn. 

    Now, Stefanski could've told him where to go, we don't know that, but I doubt it. I thought we could have tried to run it on 2nd or qb draw it with 2 TOs. DTR has done some decent things, and really it's his defense that let him down so far. But you can't win every game 13-10. There will be times you need to score 24+. I told my buddy we'd win if we scored over 27. I really felt our defense would get burnt against Russ. 

    I'm still really disappointed in our execution on both sides of the ball. The penalties, dropping snaps, dropping the ball, and whatever else aren't going to win road games. We're extremely susceptible to read-option runs, and that won't stop until our DEs maintain their responsibilities. 

    Can we win? Of course, but it's got a bad vibe to it. We forced a miracle fumble on one drive and also got a miracle offensive PI or else we're in deep kimche. I think we win if we get a special teams or defensive touchdown. It's going to take something like that to get us over the hump. 

    On the plus side, DTR looks fine. Not perfect, but definitely not an abomination. Scoring in the red zone is always the final learning curve for young QBs. Hopefully he grows up fast because FG's will not win it today. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    looking forward to seeing DTR in the second half. he had some nice throws down field and I bet he improves on that in  the 2nd half

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    finish what we looked like in quarter 2... Let's go Defense ! 

  • Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Hopium!

  • Have to live with the good and bad with DTR. That 3rd down was an excellent example of youth and poor decision making. Obviously one of our guys ran the wrong route, but Cooper was open in the slot and it's probably a TD, or 4th and goal from inches away. Instead, DTR throws the lowest percentage pass in the NFL's red zone. Just a terrible read, but he'll learn. 

    Now, Stefanski could've told him where to go, we don't know that, but I doubt it. I thought we could have tried to run it on 2nd or qb draw it with 2 TOs. DTR has done some decent things, and really it's his defense that let him down so far. But you can't win every game 13-10. There will be times you need to score 24+. I told my buddy we'd win if we scored over 27. I really felt our defense would get burnt against Russ. 

    I'm still really disappointed in our execution on both sides of the ball. The penalties, dropping snaps, dropping the ball, and whatever else aren't going to win road games. We're extremely susceptible to read-option runs, and that won't stop until our DEs maintain their responsibilities. 

    Can we win? Of course, but it's got a bad vibe to it. We forced a miracle fumble on one drive and also got a miracle offensive PI or else we're in deep kimche. I think we win if we get a special teams or defensive touchdown. It's going to take something like that to get us over the hump. 

    On the plus side, DTR looks fine. Not perfect, but definitely not an abomination. Scoring in the red zone is always the final learning curve for young QBs. Hopefully he grows up fast because FG's will not win it today. 

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Have to live with the good and bad with DTR. That 3rd down was an excellent example of youth and poor decision making. Obviously one of our guys ran the wrong route, but Cooper was open in the slot and it's probably a TD, or 4th and goal from inches away. Instead, DTR throws the lowest percentage pass in the NFL's red zone. Just a terrible read, but he'll learn. 

    Now, Stefanski could've told him where to go, we don't know that, but I doubt it. I thought we could have tried to run it on 2nd or qb draw it with 2 TOs. DTR has done some decent things, and really it's his defense that let him down so far. But you can't win every game 13-10. There will be times you need to score 24+. I told my buddy we'd win if we scored over 27. I really felt our defense would get burnt against Russ. 

    I'm still really disappointed in our execution on both sides of the ball. The penalties, dropping snaps, dropping the ball, and whatever else aren't going to win road games. We're extremely susceptible to read-option runs, and that won't stop until our DEs maintain their responsibilities. 

    Can we win? Of course, but it's got a bad vibe to it. We forced a miracle fumble on one drive and also got a miracle offensive PI or else we're in deep kimche. I think we win if we get a special teams or defensive touchdown. It's going to take something like that to get us over the hump. 

    On the plus side, DTR looks fine. Not perfect, but definitely not an abomination. Scoring in the red zone is always the final learning curve for young QBs. Hopefully he grows up fast because FG's will not win it today. 

    Lowest percentage pass, but also the safest in terms of turnover. So could be worse 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    JOK starting to make huge plays. Newsome hard to watch. Need him to tackle a bit better. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Penn State tried, damn near the exact formation and personnel, that very same toss on 3rd/4th and short against Ohio State in 09'.   Pretty sure Thaddeus Gipson snuffed it out.     Sometimes you can just get a little too cute.

  • Hopium!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @korsou-dawg said:

    Hopium!

    We get it.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    can we get a look of a Pierre Strong series?  mix it up kev! 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919

    Announcers are clowning us for not running it. Yeesh. Is it just me, or does Ford have iffy vision at times? Maybe I'm spoiled by Chubb. 

    Edit: Ford displays excellent vision on that run. ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    What's frustrating has been the lack of connection.  Some of the throws have absolutely been there.  But drops, some off timing and questionable ball placement have been the difference. 

    Then we have to come back and run into a +1 on 2nd down, hoping to make it 3rd and manageable.   Rough living out here.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    Flugel's in the House!  

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    Njoku with focus!

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Look at the hands by Njoku!

  • Flugel's in the House!  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Flugel's in the House!  

    About damn time! ?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Have to live with the good and bad with DTR. That 3rd down was an excellent example of youth and poor decision making. Obviously one of our guys ran the wrong route, but Cooper was open in the slot and it's probably a TD, or 4th and goal from inches away. Instead, DTR throws the lowest percentage pass in the NFL's red zone. Just a terrible read, but he'll learn. 

    Now, Stefanski could've told him where to go, we don't know that, but I doubt it. I thought we could have tried to run it on 2nd or qb draw it with 2 TOs. DTR has done some decent things, and really it's his defense that let him down so far. But you can't win every game 13-10. There will be times you need to score 24+. I told my buddy we'd win if we scored over 27. I really felt our defense would get burnt against Russ. 

    I'm still really disappointed in our execution on both sides of the ball. The penalties, dropping snaps, dropping the ball, and whatever else aren't going to win road games. We're extremely susceptible to read-option runs, and that won't stop until our DEs maintain their responsibilities. 

    Can we win? Of course, but it's got a bad vibe to it. We forced a miracle fumble on one drive and also got a miracle offensive PI or else we're in deep kimche. I think we win if we get a special teams or defensive touchdown. It's going to take something like that to get us over the hump. 

    On the plus side, DTR looks fine. Not perfect, but definitely not an abomination. Scoring in the red zone is always the final learning curve for young QBs. Hopefully he grows up fast because FG's will not win it today. 

    Lowest percentage pass, but also the safest in terms of turnover. So could be worse 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    Lowest percentage pass, but also the safest in terms of turnover. So could be worse 

    I thought of that, too. Makes sense. 

    Now, stick it the freak in. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    DPI, bitches!

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    Nice!

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Correction, Unnecessary Roughness.

    Anyways, first and goal.